Thread: Fruit

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries

Fruit

An interesting article about fruit that ive borrowed from another board...

Its a great read...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    No link attached Matt..try again..

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    No link attached Matt..try again..
    lol, FAIL!!!

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    I thought the article was fine as is, it listed every fruit which should be incorporated in a strict bodybuilding diet. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    I thought the article was fine as is, it listed every fruit which should be incorporated in a strict bodybuilding diet. ;-)
    Wow!!!! No he didn't!!! lol!

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    ^^ I was sure to use the work "strict" there were some craizens in my oatmeal this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    ^^ I was sure to use the work "strict" there were some craizens in my oatmeal this morning.
    lol I hear ya. I admittedly have 1/2 a banana with my morning oats. Luckily it happens to be part of my preworkout meal, so it's being put to good use. Furthermore, it's on the Nark approved list.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Wha ta complete prick i am, here you go..

http://fitnessblackbook.com/dieting_...-of-your-diet/
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Wha ta complete prick i am, here you go..

http://fitnessblackbook.com/dieting_...-of-your-diet/
    Not a prick at all... maybe just a bit... retarded?

Thanks for the link bro, gonna check it out now.

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    Nice info about fruit, will try to eat more.

Interesting read Matt. The obvious question that begs to be answered though - is there any combination of fruits that provides all of the essential amino acids? This article claims that fruit contains 5% protein by total calories consumed, and states that fruit provides free form amino acids, but doesn't specify which amino acids (ok, that might be a laundry list) or more important, if the EAA's can all be obtained from fruit in one combination or another.

We all know that vegetarians can get complete proteins by combining certain veggies and grains, i.e. rice and beans, wheat and peanuts, so what about strictly fruit?

I'd love to see more research on this.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    NICE!!!! I just got done posting on Slimmer's log about how important i believe fruit to be for your diet. I usually get all kinds of grief from BB about how bad it is for your diet, But I ignore it because I know it is good for you...

"Hey great progress Slimmer..I have been away from site for a while so I didnt even know you were keeping a log..Looks like you are really gaining speed to reach your goal...
    I see we share a common weakness as far as the ideal diet guidelines go...FRUIT...No matter what level of nutrition I am at I cannot give up my fruit..
    I was raised in Ohio where my backyard ended into like 10 plus acres of woods which hosted so many different fruits.Several types of apples,plums pears rasberries, blacberries, boysenberries,strawberries,grapes,nuts you name it we had it besides
    citrus of course..
    Anyways I attribute my overall size and growth to the fact that I didnt eat chips and candy as most kids do I feasted on natural tree ripened fruits on a daily bases..
    So they are engraved in my daily life and will not ever give them up. I eat several kinds of fruit on a daily basis to this day.
    "

I mean in all reality if you think about it do you really think God made trees that bear food that is bad for your body?? And for you smart a$$es out there I am talking about it in its pure form..not what can be made from it or processed from it...

You might carry a few extra lbs. but to me the good far outweighs the bad...
    FYI.. Todays fruit menu already has consisted of 1cp oats with blueberries, 1cp black grapes and 1cp bing cherries...And I feel good..duh-nuh-nana-nana-nuh!!!
    Last edited by Sicko; 08-10-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Fruit is a tool like everything else. It can be used in a diet without issues. However if you are a bodybuilder (and look the part) manipulating your physique using fruits will be a very difficult task (unlike other carb sources like oats).

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Nutrients even within the same type of fruit vary. You would also have to weigh your fruits (which few do when it comes to fruit). The ripeness of certain fruits needs to be taken into account as that can change the food source altogether. I'm sure there are many other reasons I can't think of atm but my main reason for stating this is because I have found it VERY difficult to do with clients. Everybody reacts differently to fruit (moreso than other foods I argue) so it's really hard to say whether it is a good idea or bad when really trying to tweak the details of a physique.

oscarjones is offline Banned
    I heard Einstein was a fruitarian...

Thread Information