Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicedupmonkey View Post
    The truth is I hardly eat this type of food. I made this diet 2 weeks ago to prove a point to some friends that meal frequency does not matter, type of foods does not really matter. Simply hit your macros for the day and it will have no effect on body composition. I agree it's not the healthiest but that's not the point I'm trying to get across. I agreed to do this diet for 1 month and lose 4lbs, I've lost 2 so far just as I calculated at 1bs/week and my point is being proven. After the bet is over I will revert back to eating healthier foods... White rice, oatmeal and still have snacks like ice cream before bed.
    If you're chasing numbers, you're bang on. If you're going for quality, you're completely off bud. Two words come to mind....skinny fat.

And I'm no genetic freak. I'm just your average bodybuilder so im not a gifted individual whose body is a super lean machine that can eat whatever I want at unlimited quantities.
    I urge anyone if they don't like eating meals that taste like card board to try swapping out a few foods your not a fan of and add in something you like cinnamon buns, lucky charms.. Whatever really as long as it fits in with your macros for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL View Post
    If you're chasing numbers, you're bang on. If you're going for quality, you're completely off bud. Two words come to mind....skinny fat.
    Why would I be skinny fat? So Simultaneously my body will break down muscle and store fat? Is that the idea your getting at lol

Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL View Post
    LMAO I think this is what my body would be saying If that happened... "hey I'm getting all these carbs coming in... They aren't complex enough so I'm gonna store them as fat! So to replace those carbs that weren't complex enough for me Im gonna break down some of my useless muscles that I never liked anyway to make up for the lack of glucose!" LMFAO!!!!!

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    You know as far as overall premise regarding what you are saying - i, to a pretty decent extent, agree. As far as the way you express yourself ie: arrogant asshole - well that i kind of disagree with. Talk toi me 20 years down the road cosistantly eating shit like you are in this diet - we will see if some of your thoughts change. Just general health purposes and common sense dictates they arent prudent food choices long term - for anyone. Bodybuilder or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    You know as far as overall premise regarding what you are saying - i, to a pretty decent extent, agree. As far as the way you express yourself ie: arrogant asshole - well that i kind of disagree with. Talk toi me 20 years down the road cosistantly eating shit like you are in this diet - we will see if some of your thoughts change. Just general health purposes and common sense dictates they arent prudent food choices long term - for anyone. Bodybuilder or not.
    And as I stated this is simply for 1 month to prove a point. I would never eat like this unless I had a purpose ie proving a point. After the month is up and I win the bet I had made I'll go back eating like a normal person should and not eat junk food every meal (which that's how I set my diet up..."junk" food every meal and ice cream or something sugary before bed) and my mission will be accomplished and I can finally eat healthier food.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    And as I stated this is simply for 1 month to prove a point. I would never eat like this unless I had a purpose ie proving a point. After the month is up and I win the bet I had made I'll go back eating like a normal person should and not eat junk food every meal (which that's how I set my diet up..."junk" food every meal and ice cream or something sugary before bed) and my mission will be accomplished and I can finally eat healthier food.
    Got it. Now if we could just eliminate the arrogant asshole attitude we would be in "good shape". I had to double check my browser - it felt for a second like i was at that full of immature assholes site BB .com. *whew* glad i was mistaken .....

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Got it. Now if we could just eliminate the arrogant asshole attitude we would be in "good shape". I had to double check my browser - it felt for a second like i was at that full of immature assholes site BB .com. *whew* glad i was mistaken .....
    I only act that way to people who completely say it's not possible to eat the way I am... And say you can't get cut or bulk etc... Those people who think they know everything and CLEARLY do not. They call someone like me who is trying to enlighten them and be open minded that I'm stupid and a f'ing re-tard. Then I'll be an arrogant asshole. But still you truly are the first one I have come across ever to actually listen and agree... EVERYONE else I have talked to say I'm an idiot hence the reason for the diet to prove my point. Now if other people will read this thread and see what I'm saying isn't BS then I'll be a happy asshole lol

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    To the OP, if you are doing this to try to prove a point to friends then why even post it up here and ask for opinions?

Agreed, you will likely lose weight. Not necessarily all fat but you will lose weight.

Why not just wait until you have 'succeeded' in you foolish experiment and then list your results? With bodyfat/weight/lean tissue measurements taken before and after?!

And you seem to suggest you won't get fat because a carb is a carb simple or complex? Really? So you won't spike your insulin more through a cinnamon bun rather than oatmeal?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    To the OP, if you are doing this to try to prove a point to friends then why even post it up here and ask for opinions?

Agreed, you will likely lose weight. Not necessarily all fat but you will lose weight.

Why not just wait until you have 'succeeded' in you foolish experiment and then list your results? With bodyfat/weight/lean tissue measurements taken before and after?!

And you seem to suggest you won't get fat because a carb is a carb simple or complex? Really? So you won't spike your insulin more through a cinnamon bun rather than oatmeal?!?!?!?
    The GI index is a waste of time following it, when combining foods together fats/proteins/carbs it alters the GI index making in just about void. The GI index shows an insulin response on an overnight fasted period which is not real world applicable. So enjoy whatever you want and don't worry about insulin response with lower or higher GI foods. With the combination of other macronutrients it changes everything....
    And I posted my diet to show others you don't have to stick with chicken, broccoli and sweat potatoes to lose weight. Eat whatever you want really but it's best to take in healthy foods but you can eat ice cream or cake if you want so you dont have to worry about those "insulin spikes" everyone talks about.
    Last edited by Juicedupmonkey; 08-21-2011 at 05:27 AM.

camlam is offline Banned
    That damn insulin fairy will get you every time. (yep trollin in that post)

Quote Originally Posted by camlam View Post
    That damn insulin fairy will get you every time. (yep trollin in that post)
    Do those insulin fairy's grant wishes also?

camlam is offline Banned

Thumbs up

Do those insulin fairy's grant wishes also?
    Indeed they do "post workout anabolic window" makes the big gainzz.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    The truth is I hardly eat this type of food. I made this diet 2 weeks ago to prove a point to some friends that meal frequency does not matter, type of foods does not really matter. Simply hit your macros for the day and it will have no effect on body composition. I agree it's not the healthiest but that's not the point I'm trying to get across. I agreed to do this diet for 1 month and lose 4lbs, I've lost 2 so far just as I calculated at 1bs/week and my point is being proven. After the bet is over I will revert back to eating healthier foods... White rice, oatmeal and still have snacks like ice cream before bed.
    See, this I actually admire. Questioning conventional wisdom (or rather, widely accepted widsom bordering on broscience at times) and using yourself as the subject vs. accepting what others tell you or what you read in a mag whose only MO is to sell you more useless supplements. My problem is - why not just come on here and post that instead of posting under the guise of a newb looking to see if that kind of diet is ok and trying to lure members into a debate? Just state your argument/claim, why you believe it to be true, and do it all in a mature and respectful manner and there wouldn't be any namecalling and other crap.

Of course everybody is going to jump all over a post like that. We have a ton of people here every week posting diets like that (ok, maybe not THAT bad lol) who are 135lbs and claim they can't gain weight. The fact of the matter is they don't know how to eat and we are of course going to advise them to eat a clean diet - it's the responsible thing to do.

My personal view - I still feel your theory is flawed. 1 month might not change much, but over time is another story. I agree GI is useless but GL is not. You guys sound like you're blowing off insulin as if it's all BS. How about somebody like me who spent nearly 15 years at 255lbs and 30% + bodyfat, eating a diet that consisted mainly of shitty carbs (pizza, calzone, chinese food, etc) and high saturated fat foods? I was a skinny kid but over time, became fat and VERY insulin resistant. Today, that still bites my ass - I have a very difficult time adding lean mass due to the way my body 'prefers' (or is accustomed) to partition nutrients, i.e. fat seems to have huge preference over muscle. It's not always a matter of just excess being stored as fat. There are other mechanisms at work in our bodies. They are complex and the fact is NONE of us knows all that's going on, including the scientists, researchers, etc.

If you can maintain or drop bodyfat with that diet, you're a better man than I am. People are different and as such will handle the same stimuli (food in this case) differently. I'd like to see results from this experiment after 6 months, or a year. Again, I admire what you're doing but do feel it's a bit overly simplified.

Indeed they do "post workout anabolic window" makes the big gainzz.
    I'm with you on this one (the sarcastic nature that is). Thank the whey supplement companies for this one. While nutrient uptake IS heightened after an intense session, studies show that actually INCREASES several hours later. So either this 'window' is more like a gigantic fvcking hole in the wall, or the theory is garbage.

The idea that this 'magical' window closes after exactly 1 hour and 1.233434545 seconds is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    See, this I actually admire. Questioning conventional wisdom (or rather, widely accepted widsom bordering on broscience at times) and using yourself as the subject vs. accepting what others tell you or what you read in a mag whose only MO is to sell you more useless supplements. My problem is - why not just come on here and post that instead of posting under the guise of a newb looking to see if that kind of diet is ok and trying to lure members into a debate? Just state your argument/claim, why you believe it to be true, and do it all in a mature and respectful manner and there wouldn't be any namecalling and other crap.

Of course everybody is going to jump all over a post like that. We have a ton of people here every week posting diets like that (ok, maybe not THAT bad lol) who are 135lbs and claim they can't gain weight. The fact of the matter is they don't know how to eat and we are of course going to advise them to eat a clean diet - it's the responsible thing to do.

My personal view - I still feel your theory is flawed. 1 month might not change much, but over time is another story. I agree GI is useless but GL is not. You guys sound like you're blowing off insulin as if it's all BS. How about somebody like me who spent nearly 15 years at 255lbs and 30% + bodyfat, eating a diet that consisted mainly of shitty carbs (pizza, calzone, chinese food, etc) and high saturated fat foods? I was a skinny kid but over time, became fat and VERY insulin resistant. Today, that still bites my ass - I have a very difficult time adding lean mass due to the way my body 'prefers' (or is accustomed) to partition nutrients, i.e. fat seems to have huge preference over muscle. It's not always a matter of just excess being stored as fat. There are other mechanisms at work in our bodies. They are complex and the fact is NONE of us knows all that's going on, including the scientists, researchers, etc.

If you can maintain or drop bodyfat with that diet, you're a better man than I am. People are different and as such will handle the same stimuli (food in this case) differently. I'd like to see results from this experiment after 6 months, or a year. Again, I admire what you're doing but do feel it's a bit overly simplified.
    Thank you for your admiration and understanding that what I'm doing is possible as long as you stay Unser maintenance calories.
    I posted my diet as such because it is the best way to bring people in and question their own knowledge into what they think they know about nutrition. If you would like I will extend my diet a while longer but will limit my junk food intake to probably only 20% of my daily intake of macronutrients after the 1 month is over. For health reasons I don't want to eat this way so After the month (and I win my bet) I will start taking in proper foods to support healthy eating with some additional junk food everyday before bed or something.
    I agree everyone is different and someone as yourself who was overweight might not react the same way as most people but for the average person who cringes at the site of anything "junk" like and fears they will get fat I'm just letting them know don't worry you'll be fine just track your food and if it fits in with your macros go ahead and eat that piece of cheese cake who cares... The supposed "truth" that is spewed from all these nutrition gurus that you can't have mayo in your tuna or you can't have sugar in your coffee with breakfast needs to come to an end. I also use to follow that philosophy for close to 5 years and CamLam actually showed me the light. You don't have to eat flavorless card board like food to be lean... Enjoy your foods is the point I'm trying to get across

I'm with you on this one (the sarcastic nature that is). Thank the whey supplement companies for this one. While nutrient uptake IS heightened after an intense session, studies show that actually INCREASES several hours later. So either this 'window' is more like a gigantic fvcking hole in the wall, or the theory is garbage.

The idea that this 'magical' window closes after exactly 1 hour and 1.233434545 seconds is asinine.
    Ya that whole idea is HAlarious. Eat 1 meal a day or 6 meals a day whatever you want just hit your macros for the day...

The supposed "truth" that is spewed from all these nutrition gurus that you can't have mayo in your tuna or you can't have sugar in your coffee with breakfast needs to come to an end.
    I agree to an extent. Again, overly simplified or maybe too general IMO. It depends on the context. Are you cutting for a competition? If so, i'd tell you 4 weeks out "no, I wouldn't have the sugar with my coffee". Are you just trying to look decent and maintain a healthy lifestyle? Have the fvcking sugar!!!

IMO it all comes down to a combo of the goal at hand, how hardcore the individual really wants to be, and how clean one wants to eat (i.e. from a straight health standpoint).

You don't have to eat flavorless card board like food to be lean... Enjoy your foods is the point I'm trying to get across
    While I agree 100% that people shouldn't have to suffer through eating, I have 2 thoughts on this. The first is that I do like to keep in the back of my head that we eat for fuel, not for enjoyment. I mean from a primal standpoint, food is fuel - nothing more. Having said that, for better or for worse, eating for enjoyment is part of our culture. Food is associated w/ good times, parties, weddings, etc., everything. There is a fine line though, because eating for enjoyment / carelessly is what got me to 255lbs to begin with. Now I AM one of those people who has to be VERY careful - i've added bodyfat on a diet that most people would consider low calorie (2500) and very clean!!! So, I am basically fvcked, but a work in progress (trying to recondition my metabolism, nutrient partitioning mechanisms, etc).

camlam is offline Banned
    I agree to an extent. Again, overly simplified or maybe too general IMO. It depends on the context. Are you cutting for a competition? If so, i'd tell you 4 weeks out "no, I wouldn't have the sugar with my coffee". Are you just trying to look decent and maintain a healthy lifestyle? Have the fvcking sugar!!!

IMO it all comes down to a combo of the goal at hand, how hardcore the individual really wants to be, and how clean one wants to eat (i.e. from a straight health standpoint).

While I agree 100% that people shouldn't have to suffer through eating, I have 2 thoughts on this. The first is that I do like to keep in the back of my head that we eat for fuel, not for enjoyment. I mean from a primal standpoint, food is fuel - nothing more. Having said that, for better or for worse, eating for enjoyment is part of our culture. Food is associated w/ good times, parties, weddings, etc., everything. There is a fine line though, because eating for enjoyment / carelessly is what got me to 255lbs to begin with. Now I AM one of those people who has to be VERY careful - i've added bodyfat on a diet that most people would consider low calorie (2500) and very clean!!! So, I am basically fvcked, but a work in progress (trying to recondition my metabolism, nutrient partitioning mechanisms, etc).

I really respect you as a individual you take the time to rationalize and think about things before dismissing them, you yourself are in a hard spot with the fear of reaching 255 again if your not careful, he'll I would be to if I was larger at one point in my life and struggled to reach what I desired. The thing people have a hard time understanding is if you track everything you eat, hit macros and calorie intake that if you don't go over in calories and gain weight then it's combination of extra food in your GI over full glycogen stores and water retention. Plain and simple if you didn't eat 3500 extra cals that day or week whatever it may be your body can not simply make fat out of nothing at all same goes for muscle. Unless you are a beginner eating at maint doing a recomp and burning fat as extra energy to build extra muscle.

Hope that makes sense since I'm typing on my phone.

Plain and simple if your happy eating like a bro then why change, I myself am glad that I don't worrie about the little things that may make 10% of a difference and concentrate on the 90% that truly will matter and keep my sanity.

There is a fine line though, because eating for enjoyment / carelessly is what got me to 255lbs to begin with.
    That's my point right there eating carelessly. Stay in control how much you eat is the key

I'm glad you actually take the time to rationalize things and not just say "eat clean foods or else you'll be fat"

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I think you could have gotten a lot of help on this forum, but I am afraid that you will not going to be taken seriously. Good luck with your cutting goals!

camlam is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    I think you could have gotten a lot of help on this forum, but I am afraid that you will not going to be taken seriously. Good luck with your cutting goals!

Think it is being taken seriously atleast by anyone who is not stuck in the way of the bro. Cutting is far easier then gaining lean mass anyday.

I have been cutting for months and haven't found it easy. I do see your point, but would never suggust that anyone following your plan. I don't see how poptarts and ice cream are fueling the body. Have a blast eating to make a point!

camlam is offline Banned
    I'm not the one doing the eating to make a point I already know it's okay to eat those things in motteration and fit them in to ny macros and have zero effect on body composition. Since you are cutting right now how are you doing it? Do you track everything you eat and weigh it out to the gram?

I have been cutting for months and haven't found it easy. I do see your point, but would never suggust that anyone following your plan. I don't see how poptarts and ice cream are fueling the body. Have a blast eating to make a point!
    This is what you said "I don't see how carbs and carbs are fueling the body"

I dont understand how someone can think that eating carbs is not fueling the body!?!?

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    This thread is pointless and a waste of time to the members of this board! Just my.o2

camlam is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    This thread is pointless and a waste of time to the members of this board! Just my.o2
    Instead of just saying ita pointless and a waste of time how about some information why you think that, do you disagree with what has been said?
    And if so why?

Because of general health?
    Because it can't work?
    Because it contradicts everything you have done since you start training?
    Because you haven't put the efforts forth to trully understand the human body?
    Because it's not the norm?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    In theory someone could eat as much crap as they want and still cut providing they did enough cardio, so the point you are trying to make is really usless because results are too vague without factoring in identical workouts and daily activities so the few pounds you lost could be for a variety of reasons. Have fun, I`m done wasting my time here.

camlam is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    In theory someone could eat as much crap as they want and still cut providing they did enough cardio, so the point you are trying to make is really usless because results are too vague without factoring in identical workouts and daily activities so the few pounds you lost could be for a variety of reasons. Have fun, I`m done wasting my time here.

If you "HAVE" to do cardio to cut down to anything over 10% yor doing it wrong.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Interesting thread.. though I must admit I was having a bit of fun on my first response, this has actually turned in to a pretty good debate. While I don't agree with all of what is being said there have been some very valid points made. I thought this thread was started as a joke and would be immediately flamed off. I commend you guys for backing your claims respectfully and not flaming when many others have chosen to do so.. cheers you two

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Yes someone could eat as much crap as they want and cut as long as they did cardio but that is not what's being talked about here... I'm not being careless with my calorie intake since I'm eating under maintenance calories Aad I'm doing ZERO cardio. Plus my carb intake has gone up when I started this diet. You seem to be just so defiant and think anything outside of your "clean" foods way of thinking is bullshit...

So you going into a deficit and lose weight eating "clean" Obviously means that because of your "clean" foods and you being in a deficit you lost weight... Where me in the other hand it has so many factors put in that my diet that I made to prove a point that a carb is a carb... Calorie is a calorie is useless because there is a cornucopia of reasons why I lost 2lbs

Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    Interesting thread.. though I must admit I was having a bit of fun on my first response, this has actually turned in to a pretty good debate. While I don't agree with all of what is being said there have been some very valid points made. I thought this thread was started as a joke and would be immediately flamed off. I commend you guys for backing your claims respectfully and not flaming when many others have chosen to do so.. cheers you two
    Thank you for the complement. We are not forcing anything onto anyone just trying to open people's eyes to the truth... It's not that "Broscience" doesn't work it's just that you don't have to be that strict. I feel liberated knowing I don't have to choke down some plain oats with a chicken breast... I can eat white rice instead of brown. If I want frosted flakes by god I'll have frosted flakes without worrying about those 15grams of sugar in it. hit your macros for the day that's all that matters... Eat healthy but add some indulgences or add butter to some toast, have ice cream for desert. Eat whatever works best for you. Me I use to eat 9 meals a day then 6... Now 3... So much more filling having 3 Large meals instead of 6-9 dinky snacks.
    I love the freedom

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    Well if it's a waste of time have fun eating your sweet potatoes, brown rice, chicken breast and broccoli... I'm gonna enjoy some fat ass burgers, ice cream before bed and lots more delicious foods and be lean as a ma fuka

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Did you check and record bodyfat levels before and will you do after?

So you know you are losing bodyfat. Or is that not the point, is this just about losing weight?

Yes someone could eat as much crap as they want and cut as long as they did cardio but that is not what's being talked about here... I'm not being careless with my calorie intake since I'm eating under maintenance calories Aad I'm doing ZERO cardio. Plus my carb intake has gone up when I started this diet. You seem to be just so defiant and think anything outside of your "clean" foods way of thinking is bullshit...

So you going into a deficit and lose weight eating "clean" Obviously means that because of your "clean" foods and you being in a deficit you lost weight... Where me in the other hand it has so many factors put in that my diet that I made to prove a point that a carb is a carb... Calorie is a calorie is useless because there is a cornucopia of reasons why I lost 2lbs
    Just when you're actually starting to make a little sense you have to go and post some stupid crap like that. ^^^

If a carb is a carb then replace all of your carbs with high fructrose corn syrup.

If a calorie is a calorie replace all your fats with hydrogenated oils.

Using the blanket statement that "all you have to do is hit your macros" is bullshit. Food sources DO matter and losing 2lbs a week while at a fairly high BF% (above 10% is not hard to lose fat IMO) does not prove otherwise.

I'm not the one doing the eating to make a point I already know it's okay to eat those things in motteration and fit them in to ny macros and have zero effect on body composition. Since you are cutting right now how are you doing it? Do you track everything you eat and weigh it out to the gram?
    eating right and exercise. and yes, I measure everything and track macros in livestrong. my body fat is now in low healthy to athletic range, so my body is trying to hang onto the last bit of fat. I have gotten sound advice from this forum....but somehow adding in a poptart, cookies and ice cream will not help me fuel my body for its workouts.

camlam is offline Banned
    eating right and exercise. and yes, I measure everything and track macros in livestrong. my body fat is now in low healthy to athletic range, so my body is trying to hang onto the last bit of fat. I have gotten sound advice from this forum....but somehow adding in a poptart, cookies and ice cream will not help me fuel my body for its workouts.
    So your telling me if you switched things around and fit a pop tart in replacement of something/things that equal the same that you are going to go down hill and reverse progress you have made??

For me to add in a poptart at 200cal is nothing to me since I'm maintaining at
    3700cal
    220g protein
    550g carbs
    75g fat

What do your cals and macros look like.

To the poster above calorie is a calorie and carbs a carbs for body composition I the exact same thing for general health is another story.
    Your body can't just say oh this is high fructose so I will store you as fat then oh you are complex so how about I use you for fuel. The body is an amazing thing but everyone tries to make things so much more complex then what it needs to be.

If you are so sure that what we are saying how about you try adding some things into your diet that are not bodybuilding staples tale pictures and record what you are eating to prove that we are wrong. I think you may be rather shocked to see the outcome abd you may just begin enjoying foods again without having a ED mentality.

Either way everyone has the same goals and I know I can attain mine with the way I'm living/Enjoying my life

So your telling me if you switched things around and fit a pop tart in replacement of something/things that equal the same that you are going to go down hill and reverse progress you have made??

For me to add in a poptart at 200cal is nothing to me since I'm maintaining at
    3700cal
    220g protein
    550g carbs
    75g fat

What do your cals and macros look like.

To the poster above calorie is a calorie and carbs a carbs for body composition I the exact same thing for general health is another story.
    Your body can't just say oh this is high fructose so I will store you as fat then oh you are complex so how about I use you for fuel. The body is an amazing thing but everyone tries to make things so much more complex then what it needs to be.

If you are so sure that what we are saying how about you try adding some things into your diet that are not bodybuilding staples tale pictures and record what you are eating to prove that we are wrong. I think you may be rather shocked to see the outcome abd you may just begin enjoying foods again without having a ED mentality.

Either way everyone has the same goals and I know I can attain mine with the way I'm living/Enjoying my life
    Amen! as I said earlier....

"LMAO I think this is what my body would be saying If that happened... "hey I'm getting all these carbs coming in... They aren't complex enough so I'm gonna store them as fat! So to replace those carbs that weren't complex enough for me Im gonna break down some of my useless muscles that I never liked anyway to make up for the lack of glucose!" LMFAO!!!!!"

Then instead of having 20% of your calories come from "junk" food you should have all of them come from junk food and see what happens.

You know what will happen. That's why only 20% of your calories are currently coming from inferior sources.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Why is this considered trolling? Is it impossible to lose weight eating pop tarts, ice cream and cookies? A calorie is a calorie. What does it matter if I eat 500 calories of pop tarts opposed to 500 calories of oats? My body will break it down into the something in the end
    A calorie is not a calorie. In your example, the simple sugars in the poptart will be broken down more quickly, increasing blood glycogen far more quickly than the oats, causing a greater insulin spike. Since insulin is the most anabolic compound we know of, it is inherent that a large amount of insulin secreted with activate more secondary active transport activity, pushing more triglycerides(FFAs) from the bloodstream into adipose tissues. Btw, this is just one variable, but there are many more.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information