Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by camlam View Post
    So your telling me if you switched things around and fit a pop tart in replacement of something/things that equal the same that you are going to go down hill and reverse progress you have made??

For me to add in a poptart at 200cal is nothing to me since I'm maintaining at
    3700cal
    220g protein
    550g carbs
    75g fat

What do your cals and macros look like.

To the poster above calorie is a calorie and carbs a carbs for body composition I the exact same thing for general health is another story.
    Your body can't just say oh this is high fructose so I will store you as fat then oh you are complex so how about I use you for fuel. The body is an amazing thing but everyone tries to make things so much more complex then what it needs to be.

If you are so sure that what we are saying how about you try adding some things into your diet that are not bodybuilding staples tale pictures and record what you are eating to prove that we are wrong. I think you may be rather shocked to see the outcome abd you may just begin enjoying foods again without having a ED mentality.

Either way everyone has the same goals and I know I can attain mine with the way I'm living/Enjoying my life
    You see that's where you are wrong when you make all these blanket statements.

I'm already 10% or below and I know from experience that if I were to cut from where I am right now and eat a diet that includes a substantial amount of junk food then I could not lose fat without losing LBM.

Just because buttmonkey can lose 4lbs in 2 months doesn't mean everyone can achieve their goals eating a diet that you know is inferior. Maybe eating that way will get him to 10% or 11% but it damns sure won't get him to 7%.

It's like you guys are having a contest of who can eat the shittiest and still achieve their meager goals. BTW what are buttmonkey's goals and stats?

camlam is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    A calorie is not a calorie. In your example, the simple sugars in the poptart will be broken down more quickly, increasing blood glycogen far more quickly than the oats, causing a greater insulin spike. Since insulin is the most anabolic compound we know of, it is inherent that a large amount of insulin secreted with activate more secondary active transport activity, pushing more triglycerides(FFAs) from the bloodstream into adipose tissues. Btw, this is just one variable, but there are many more.
    And I bet you take waxymaze post work out.

camlam is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    You see that's where you are wrong when you make all these blanket statements.

I'm already 10% or below and I know from experience that if I were to cut from where I am right now and eat a diet that includes a substantial amount of junk food then I could not lose fat without losing LBM.

Just because buttmonkey can lose 4lbs in 2 months doesn't mean everyone can achieve their goals eating a diet that you know is inferior. Maybe eating that way will get him to 10% or 11% but it damns sure won't get him to 7%.

It's like you guys are having a contest of who can eat the shittiest and still achieve their meager goals. BTW what are buttmonkey's goals and stats?
    Where do you get the idea that we are competing to eat the most junk? At no time have i ever said the bulk of my diet is made up of junk.
    So what your saying it's not possible to have striated glutes while eating pop tarts lucky charms and skinny cows??

Then instead of having 20% of your calories come from "junk" food you should have all of them come from junk food and see what happens.

You know what will happen. That's why only 20% of your calories are currently coming from inferior sources.
    No where did I say 20% of my diet is coming from junk food... I stated that in 2 weeks I will change my diet so most is coming from healthy foods and 20% will come from junk to see the long term results... Since I really don't want to eat the way I am for more then a month

Where do you get the idea that we are competing to eat the most junk? At no time have i ever said the bulk of my diet is made up of junk.
    So what your saying it's not possible to have striated glutes while eating pop tarts lucky charms and skinny cows??
    I'm not saying you're competing to eat the most junk but you're seeing how much junk you can eat and still achieve your low level goals.

Yes I'm saying that your glutes will never be striated eating like you posted above. Take pictures of yourself and start a log and prove me wrong.

camlam is offline Banned
    I'm not saying you're competing to eat the most junk but you're seeing how much junk you can eat and still achieve your low level goals.

Yes I'm saying that your glutes will never be striated eating like you posted above. Take pictures of yourself and start a log and prove me wrong.

If I can show you someone that eats exactly like that even pre contest you will eat your words and not be so close minded to change?

Again he didn't say anywhere that he is eating as much junk food as he can and have a low BF% that is what in doing to prove a point. You are making up things people have said out of nowhere?
    And if you want to start childish name calling then we can do that sgt.cockman
    Try actually doing some of your own research into this matter and not just believing everything you have been told... For one look up this guys name Alan Aragon. Maybe reading his studies will help you with your stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    A calorie is not a calorie. In your example, the simple sugars in the poptart will be broken down more quickly, increasing blood glycogen far more quickly than the oats, causing a greater insulin spike. Since insulin is the most anabolic compound we know of, it is inherent that a large amount of insulin secreted with activate more secondary active transport activity, pushing more triglycerides(FFAs) from the bloodstream into adipose tissues. Btw, this is just one variable, but there are many more.
    More insulin Fairy's coming to make me fat

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Did you check and record bodyfat levels before and will you do after?

So you know you are losing bodyfat. Or is that not the point, is this just about losing weight?
    No body fat was not checked unfortunately. It was a spur of the moment decision during a discussion about nutrition with a friend. We bet $50 I would lose 4lbs in a month. So I calculated my calories/macros accordingly to lose 1lbs a week and it's been working so far. And I lowered my meal frequency to 3 meals and make sure I eat carbs right before bed... Most of the myths that are said will make you fat. And I've lost weight. Gained strength for example in 2 weeks my deadlift has gone up 30lbs my decline bench 20lbs. But I'm probably just getting fatter and breaking down muscle......

PLUS... Striations are becoming more noticeable
    Last edited by Juicedupmonkey; 08-21-2011 at 05:05 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I really respect you as a individual you take the time to rationalize and think about things before dismissing them, you yourself are in a hard spot with the fear of reaching 255 again if your not careful, he'll I would be to if I was larger at one point in my life and struggled to reach what I desired. The thing people have a hard time understanding is if you track everything you eat, hit macros and calorie intake that if you don't go over in calories and gain weight then it's combination of extra food in your GI over full glycogen stores and water retention. Plain and simple if you didn't eat 3500 extra cals that day or week whatever it may be your body can not simply make fat out of nothing at all same goes for muscle. Unless you are a beginner eating at maint doing a recomp and burning fat as extra energy to build extra muscle.

Hope that makes sense since I'm typing on my phone.

Plain and simple if your happy eating like a bro then why change, I myself am glad that I don't worrie about the little things that may make 10% of a difference and concentrate on the 90% that truly will matter and keep my sanity.
    Thx, appreciate your comments. I try to avoid making blanket statements, and realize we're individuals.

I'm still gonna disagree with the 'just hit your macros' or 'just don't go over' and you can't gain fat. I wish it were as simple as calorie in/calorie out, but it isn't. I agree people tend to over complicate this stuff, but IMO you're over simplifying it. As I said, I managed to add bodyfat at a relatively low caloric intake (maintenance at best) due to a nutrient partitioning issue. I can have depleted glycogen stores and when nutrients hit that 'fork in the road' (i.e. one way leads to fat cells, the other muscle), fat seems to be the preference. This may be more of a specific issue with me, but it also shows that it can and does happen. For the majority of people, it likely is a bit less complicated however I don't think it's responsible to make a blanket statement such as "hit your macros and that's all it's about" - there are many mechanisms at work in the human body.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicedupmonkey View Post
    That's my point right there eating carelessly. Stay in control how much you eat is the key

I'm glad you actually take the time to rationalize things and not just say "eat clean foods or else you'll be fat"
    See, you make a point here. It is possible to eat shitty foods without being careless. As you say, count them towards your macros and stay within those numbers. It's not the way i'd choose to eat for a number of reasons (beyond just the general health aspect), but to each his own. If this is working for you, God bless, enjoy the shit out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    I don't see how poptarts and ice cream are fueling the body.
    They are definitely fueling his body, but it's not the type of fuel i'd choose. Carbs - fuel for the body. Poptarts and ice cream - lots of carbs = lots of fuel. However, we're talking all simple carbs, and I don't want to bore anybody with the science here - I think everybody reading knows why most people in the game will prefer complex carbs over simple carbs - longer, sustained energy, no insulin spike, etc. His choice of carbs will definitely spike insulin, and he'll crash shortly thereafter. Studies have shown a constant spiking and dropping of insulin has negative effects on the body. It's like putting shitty fuel vs. premium into your car - it'll still move, but won't be optimized.

Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    I commend you guys for backing your claims respectfully and not flaming when many others have chosen to do so.. cheers you two
    Agreed. I really expected this thread to turn into a shit storm really fast, and was prepared to have it locked - but you have both conducted yourselves in a mature and respectful manner for the most part (aside from some sarcasm here and there). Kudos for keeping it legit.

Thank you for the complement. We are not forcing anything onto anyone just trying to open people's eyes to the truth... It's not that "Broscience" doesn't work it's just that you don't have to be that strict.
    Again - put this into context. It all boils down to the goal. Cutting for a competition - trying to get down to 5-6% bodyfat? Yes, you do have to be that strict. Show me a single bodybuilder who eats anything you mentioned while trying to hit said goal.

I feel liberated knowing I don't have to choke down some plain oats with a chicken breast... I can eat white rice instead of brown. If I want frosted flakes by god I'll have frosted flakes without worrying about those 15grams of sugar in it. hit your macros for the day that's all that matters
    Blanket statement - but i've already given my thoughts on that earlier

Me I use to eat 9 meals a day then 6... Now 3... So much more filling having 3 Large meals instead of 6-9 dinky snacks.
    I love the freedom
    I have run an IF diet and loved it. 3 satiating meals, all 3 containing carbs, and the last one coming right before I hit the pillow - then I just lay down and let the endorphins rush! Smaller frequent feedings is in no way a must in my book. I think if anything, it keeps people from overeating. Usually people who aren't used to this lifestyle.

If a carb is a carb then replace all of your carbs with high fructrose corn syrup.

If a calorie is a calorie replace all your fats with hydrogenated oils.

Using the blanket statement that "all you have to do is hit your macros" is bullshit. Food sources DO matter and losing 2lbs a week while at a fairly high BF% (above 10% is not hard to lose fat IMO) does not prove otherwise.
    Have to agree with this whole heartedly. There's no way you can tell me your body processes a carb coming from HFCS the same way as a carb coming from oats. Same thing with an EFA vs. some hydrogenated oils / trans fats.

Either way everyone has the same goals and I know I can attain mine with the way I'm living/Enjoying my life
    Everybody has to do what works for them. I wish I had it like you - I have an insatiable sweet tooth and wish I could enjoy half the shit I like eating, but I can't. Maybe down the road, after years of reconditioning, I'll be able to fit some of this in my diet regularly.

Then instead of having 20% of your calories come from "junk" food you should have all of them come from junk food and see what happens.

You know what will happen. That's why only 20% of your calories are currently coming from inferior sources.
    Good point bro - if we're going with the 'carb is a carb' argument, then 100% coming from shitty sources shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference as long as you're hitting your macros.

Agreed. It's been said a million times - people are different. I have a friend who eats like JUM everyday, as part of his diet (as opposed to a month long experiment) just because he can get away with it - he's sub 10% and stays lean all year round. However, he has nothing in the way of mass, and I suspect if he started eating 'real food' (i.e. calorie dense) to gain mass, that would change and he would put on bodyfat to some degree.

I think it's possible for some people to HAVE (i.e., maintain) striated glutes while eating this way. I do not believe it's possible for somebody to achieve it from a higher bodyfat however.

Doesn't matter because nobody will ever be able to prove the OP is eating what he claims to be eating. Not calling you a liar JUP, but obviously we don't know you and this is the internet, so... i'm sure you're pickin up what i'm puttin down.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Good point bro - if we're going with the 'carb is a carb' argument, then 100% coming from shitty sources shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference as long as you're hitting your macros.
    I figured it out I'm taking in 54% of my calorie intake in crap food. All my carb sources are in the form of sweets then quality protein sources.

Doesn't matter because nobody will ever be able to prove the OP is eating what he claims to be eating. Not calling you a liar JUP, but obviously we don't know you and this is the internet, so... i'm sure you're pickin up what i'm puttin down.
    I understand completely I could be just making this all up. All I can say is I assure you I'm not... I went out today and bought 10 boxes of chocolate chip pop tarts at wal mart... They were on sale lol. Everything I have said is true.

I had a sickening day. Luckily it's my carb up day, but I managed to fvck it up and turn it into a full blown cheat (and I don't do cheat days):

Fried Calamari
    Eggplant Parm
    Fresh Mozzarella
    Sausage and Peppers
    Pizza
    Corona's
    Bagel w/ creamcheese
    Nature Valley Oats N Dark Chocolate Bars
    Cereal

I'll just stop now. FML!!! Had a Christening to attend - i'm so fvcking obsessive and anal, I kept going into the bathroom and lifting my shirt to look at my abs. Somebody needs to put me outta my misery! =P

In 2 weeks if you want me to try HFCS as my carb sources I will With hydrogenated oils... I'll make myself the the test subject and we will see what happens to me body composition wise. Then the protein will come as chicken,egg whites, possibly tuna and steak. I'll eat in a deficit.

camlam is offline Banned
    Hey guys sorry first forum I have been on that had a no link rule!
    Last edited by camlam; 08-21-2011 at 06:27 PM.

camlam is offline Banned
    I had a sickening day. Luckily it's my carb up day, but I managed to fvck it up and turn it into a full blown cheat (and I don't do cheat days):

Fried Calamari
    Eggplant Parm
    Fresh Mozzarella
    Sausage and Peppers
    Pizza
    Corona's
    Bagel w/ creamcheese
    Cereal

I'll just stop now. FML!!! Had a Christening to attend - i'm so fvcking obsessive and anal, I kept going into the bathroom and lifting my shirt to look at my abs. Somebody needs to put me outta my misery! =P

Should just give it a try for 1 month then bone of that would have been a cheat "if" you could make it fit.

Fried Calamari
    Eggplant Parm
    Fresh Mozzarella
    Sausage and Peppers
    Pizza
    Corona's
    Bagel w/ creamcheese
    Cereal

Now I see what you mean when you talk about you eating carelessly. I guess your done eating for the day And I'm sure you weren't able to keep track of macros when the chaos was going on lol

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Here are two young bodybuilders who both admit eating "junk" while prepping.

Paul
    http://forum.buttbuddies for life.com/

Flex for all (matt ogus)
    http://www.YouTo Are Immature.com/
    And his coaches say the same thing
    http://www.3waycirclejerk.com/
    In accordance with the rules please edit you post and remove the links. As you are new here i would recommend you read and follow the rules in the future. Thank You.
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 08-21-2011 at 06:23 PM.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i think i just lost some IQ points wasting my time reading this thread.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    i was afraid to say that this thread had become boring...but got my courage up now!!! I won't be back neither!!!

Now I see what you mean when you talk about you eating carelessly. I guess your done eating for the day And I'm sure you weren't able to keep track of macros when the chaos was going on lol
    I didn't track shit today! TBH, I'm so meticulous during the week, I don't normally track on Sunday anyway. I know I can eat carbs with every meal - I just stick with that. Today was special circumstances with the Christening and all. I'm running a very specific plan right now and working with a coach. Needless to say today isn't in his plan for me - but it's a small bump in the road.

camlam is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    In accordance with the rules please edit you post and remove the links. As you are new here i would recommend you read and follow the rules in the future. Thank You.
    Kinda rude to be calling names.
    Atleast in above insulting people.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    i think i just lost some IQ points wasting my time reading this thread.
    Stick with eating your "clean" foods then and let us here discuss something beyond your comprehension.

Blog Entries
    What I dont understand is the arrogance and immature attitude , but hey i digress. The other thing is there are 2 people here acting like this is some "revolutionary" approach when in fact calories in / calories out is in fact the oldest nutritional concept regarding weight management that exists. Im not surprised where the links above linked too - the 2 members ITT displaying these immature arrogant attitudes would and im sure do fit right in over there. See here we realize the importance on good NUTRITION. The bodybuilding lifestyle itself is an unhealthy one - we should try to eat as healthy as possible and make good nutritional choices. It is stupid , if only for general health purtposes , to take in so much sugar and saturated fats. The basic premise of hitting macros i agree with - i aslo agree with the basic premise of good solid nutrition. Those who arent young and foolish and immature and wish to enjoy this lifestyle for a lifetime realize this and give advice and live the lifestyle accordingly.
    To sum it up - the shit you are preaching is nothing new at all - in fact its old. It was stupid when i heard it 25 years ago because it sucks nutritionally - and it is still stupid today for the same reason.

Blog Entries
    Kinda rude to be calling names.
    Atleast in above insulting people.
    ?????
    i think that forum sucks my man. Sorry you took it personally ......If my rudeness offends - by all means feel free to leave .....

camlam is offline Banned
    What I dont understand is the arrogance and immature attitude , but hey i digress. The other thing is there are 2 people here acting like this is some "revolutionary" approach when in fact calories in / calories out is in fact the oldest nutritional concept regarding weight management that exists. Im not surprised where the links above linked too - the 2 members ITT displaying these immature arrogant attitudes would and im sure do fit right in over there. See here we realize the importance on good NUTRITION. The bodybuilding lifestyle itself is an unhealthy one - we should try to eat as healthy as possible and make good nutritional choices. It is stupid , if only for general health purtposes , to take in so much sugar and saturated fats. The basic premise of hitting macros i agree with - i aslo agree with the basic premise of good solid nutrition. Those who arent young and foolish and immature and wish to enjoy this lifestyle for a lifetime realize this and give advice and live the lifestyle accordingly.
    To sum it up - the shit you are preaching is nothing new at all - in fact its old. It was stupid when i heard it 25 years ago because it sucks nutritionally - and it is still stupid today for the same reason.
    Stupid or not it still works where everyone on here doesn't believe it can possibly work. There was ZERO immaturity on my behalf up in to the point that people were being rude to me!

Failure is offline Associate Member
    OK, so one thing that I have never understood. How does your body know just what your macros for the day are? It isn't like at 12:00am it tallies up everything to see what is there. This is why I have always been under the impression that eating frequent meals during the day is beneficial. Does your body not store what you don't use as fat by the time digestion is over? Or if eating 3 meals per day do you burn what was stored as fat from the excess calories during the period between meals?

Forgive me for dumbing down the thread but I figured here would be the best place instead of starting a new thread.

Yes this is the oldest thing around calories in calories out. But so many people dont look at it that way... This is not revolutionary thing it's how the body works which people seem so clueless about and think you have to eat every meal strictly with low GI foods with zero sugar, with just chicken breasts and veggies. As you stated in this thread calories in calories out... You are an enlighten person... The rest not so much. It is suppose to be a healthy lifestyle with healthy food choices but you don't have to be stuck eating the same crap that is "the only way to be lean"
    Like you said this isn't revolutionary and it's a simple thing people need to wrap their heads around.

camlam is offline Banned
    Pretty much nailed it right on the head, it's total intake over the long term that matters not meal to meal its a total balance. Not saying you can eat 1000g PF protein one day and not eat any for the next 5,think how long digestion takes for someone to say you can only absorb 30g of pro at a time is oblivious to the fact that your body is pulling nutrients out of the food through out your whole intestines not the first 6".

Stupid or not it still works where everyone on here doesn't believe it can possibly work. There was ZERO immaturity on my behalf up in to the point that people were being rude to me!
    Yes the only time I had been rude/immature was when it was brought onto me.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    OK, so one thing that I have never understood. How does your body know just what your macros for the day are? It isn't like at 12:00am it tallies up everything to see what is there. This is why I have always been under the impression that eating frequent meals during the day is beneficial. Does your body not store what you don't use as fat by the time digestion is over? Or if eating 3 meals per day do you burn what was stored as fat from the excess calories during the period between meals?

Forgive me for dumbing down the thread but I figured here would be the best place instead of starting a new thread.
    You're right. Your body isn't on a 24 hour schedule and doesn't add shit up at the end of the day. We are so programmed to think in terms of 24 hours, because it's convenient for us to track. It has it's place, but we have to realize our body doesn't 'know' this.

People always think your body has to be in either a constant state of deficit, surplus, or maintaining. The truth is it is in all 3, at different times throughout the day. Your body is constantly breaking down and building up. take IF dieting for instance. When you are in the fasting period, you're in a deficit, burning bodyfat (assuming you're doing everything right). When you're in the feeding phase, you're in a surplus, restoring glycogen, building tissue (again, assuming the right stimuli are present). Simple really.

Blog Entries
    What is your point?
    DNP works too - but its f- ing stupid so why do it ?
    This whole thread is retarded- i found something that works - it stupid - its unhealthy - im acting like i dicovered it and im some maverick but its actually the oldest nutritional concept around - i just wanna argue with people so ill be arrgant ignorant and stir up some shit.

Honestly what is the end result of people not buying into this concept ? Hmm lets see they continue to eat healthy, nutritionally dense foods instead of garbage - hmm yeah thats such a bad thing *LOL* The point is - work or not - its fvcking stupid and irresponsible. Exactly whay we arent and do not advocate here.

Go back to the kiddie city that is buttbuddies.com

camlam is offline Banned
    You're right. Your body isn't on a 24 hour schedule and doesn't add shit up at the end of the day. We are so programmed to think in terms of 24 hours, because it's convenient for us to track. It has it's place, but we have to realize our body doesn't 'know' this.

People always think your body has to be in either a constant state of deficit, surplus, or maintaining. The truth is it is in all 3, at different times throughout the day. Your body is constantly breaking down and building up. take IF dieting for instance. When you are in the fasting period, you're in a deficit, burning bodyfat (assuming you're doing everything right). When you're in the feeding phase, you're in a surplus, restoring glycogen, building tissue (again, assuming the right stimuli are present). Simple really.
    This man knows what he is talking about, even if he doesn't agree with everything we say he can still see the larger picture and speak in a respectable manner.
    Cheers

What is your point?
    This whole thread is retarded- i found something that works - it stupid - its unhealthy - im acting like i dicovered it and im some maverick but its actually the oldest nutritional concept around - i just wanna argue with people so ill be arrgant ignorant and stir up some shit.

Honestly what is the end result of people not buying into this concept ? Hmm lets see they continue to eat healthy, nutritionally dense foods instead of garbage - hmm yeah thats such a bad thing *LOL* The point is - work or not - its fvcking stupid and irresponsible. Exactly whay we arent and do not advocate here.

The whole idea isn't to eat just junk food. My diet is presented as so to show you could eat that way if you wanted to... In no way am I saying to go out and do it. Ofcourse eat healthy choices but it's okay to eat junk food occasionally and not have to worry about it. A healthy diet with some extra snacks on the side is all that is trying to be preached here. I took my diet beyond a few snacks just to prove it can be done without the consequences of getting fat that most people believe.

camlam is offline Banned
    What is your point?

Go back to your life of bland food!

And yes at this point I'm being rude and disrespectful because you my friend are an asshole!

camlam is offline Banned
    In before ban

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Anyone else notice these guys keep posting at the the same time, look through the posts there is never even an hour between the 2 of them posting. It's the same guy.

camlam is offline Banned
    Hey redz your back didn't think you were going to waste anymore time!

Already said part way up we are friends I'm sure the mods can check IP numbers and confirm we are different people.

camlam is offline Banned
    I am banned
    Last edited by camlam; 08-21-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Anyone else notice these guys keep posting at the the same time, look through the posts there is never even an hour between the 2 of them posting. It's the same guy.
    Bahahaha it's a Sunday. Most people have weekends off and spend time at home... Which I'm assuming both Camlam and I are at home spending time posting on this forum... And if we are both posting at the sametime wouldn't that mean there are 2 people
    Last edited by Juicedupmonkey; 08-21-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information