Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Diet of pop tarts, ice cream & cookies?

This is my diet I made up for myself for each day tell me what you think...

PRO/CARB/FAT
    Meal 1 :
    250grams raw egg whites
    2 scoops whey
    1tblsp peanut butter
    4 chips ahoy cookies
    1 cup 2% milk
    88/62/32

Meal 2 :
    2 pop tarts
    150gram chicken breast
    55/74/13

Meal 3 :
    150g chicken breast
    1 cup cooked white rice
    55.3/66/3.8

2 hours later right before bed I like to have 1 cup of ice cream right before bed
    4/56/12

Total PRO/CARB/FAT =
    198.3/258/60.8

I'm trying to get lean how does that look?

I'm 210lbs 25 and looking to get down to 190lbs is that reasonable? I'm working out right now 3x a week.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    not even funny a little bit

What's not funny? I'm serious ive been eating this way for the past 2 weeks.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    What kind of pop tarts? I prefer the strawberry when cutting and the chocolate when bulking.. Also what kind of ice cream?.. I'd go for some Bear tracks or Rocky Road, the nuts and peanut butter will help add some extra protein

What's a cheat day look like?

LMFAO. How's the weight loss been going for you over the last 2 weeks with that diet?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    If you're trolling, you're gonna be gone quickly, I can promise you that. Please don't waste people's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    LMFAO. How's the weight loss been going for you over the last 2 weeks with that diet?
    I've lost 2lbs so far. Exactly what I calculated. And no I'm not trolling this is what I'm eating.

Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    What kind of pop tarts? I prefer the strawberry when cutting and the chocolate when bulking.. Also what kind of ice cream?.. I'd go for some Bear tracks or Rocky Road, the nuts and peanut butter will help add some extra protein

What's a cheat day look like?
    Chocolate chip pop tarts or chocolate fudge. Ice cream I like butter tart ice cream from presidents choice or cookie dough. My cheat day would be something line how I've been eating today chocolate, pop tarts, mcdonalds, chips ahoy cookies with 2% milk ofcourse. Then I had my shake of 2 scoops whey 250g egg whites and 1 tblsp peanut butter

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your diet is stupid and not suited for any mass gaining or cutting goals or health related benefits.

Why is this considered trolling? Is it impossible to lose weight eating pop tarts, ice cream and cookies? A calorie is a calorie. What does it matter if I eat 500 calories of pop tarts opposed to 500 calories of oats? My body will break it down into the something in the end

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Your diet is stupid and not suited for any mass gaining or cutting goals or health related benefits.
    So even though I'm eating in a deficit I won't lose weight eating like this is that what your saying?

Your going to burn through muscle for one eating only 3 times a day, why would you eat ice cream before bed? if you want to lose weight drop the ice cream,cookies and pop tarts and replace them with real carb sources like oats, sweet potatoes and green vegies.

camlam is offline Banned
    Your going to burn through muscle for one eating only 3 times a day, why would you eat ice cream before bed? if you want to lose weight drop the ice cream,cookies and pop tarts and replace them with real carb sources like oats, sweet potatoes and green vegies.

Your saying he is going to go "catabolic" since he is only eating 3 times a day?
    Look into "IF" intermittent fasting then re asses your opinion.

No, he's going to "go catabolic" because he's not eating foods that will support his LBM while eating at a caloric deficit. Many people lose weight, and not the desired kind of weight loss, when too many of their calories come from incomplete proteins and non-complex carbohydrates, regardless of the amount of calories eaten per day.

A calorie is not a calorie. Simply hitting your macros is BS.

Your saying he is going to go "catabolic" since he is only eating 3 times a day?
    Look into "IF" intermittent fasting then re asses your opinion.
    I think your missing the point here, in any case it would be optimal to eat more meals per day and for sure the diet he is eating is not going to preserve his muscle.

camlam is offline Banned
    No, he's going to "go catabolic" because he's not eating foods that will support his LBM while eating at a caloric deficit. Many people lose weight, and not the desired kind of weight loss, when too many of their calories come from incomplete proteins and non-complex carbohydrates, regardless of the amount of calories eaten per day.

Please explain how his proteins are incomplete? Carbohydrates are a non essential macro nutrient complex or non complex is total crap.

How is hitting your macros BS? Have you ever tried it to actually judge? Not saying I would go with his approach but im sure he is just trying to prove a point by doing this and it won't be a life long decision to eat pop tarts and ice-cream. To many people get way to "ED" on there food choices and struggle to reach there foals because of it, plain and simple do what makes you happy and works for you!

camlam is offline Banned
    I think your missing the point here, in any case it would be optimal to eat more meals per day and for sure the diet he is eating is not going to preserve his muscle.
    How do you know more meals is optimal??

Yes I'm confused how my protein sources are incomplete? And why is 3 meals a day better then 6 meals a day? It makes no difference eating 1 meal a day or 9 meals a day. The whole idea of keeping your metabolism reved high is somewhat right... but wrong. Think of it like the more you eat per meal the more calories you burn to digest the food and the smaller the meal the less calories are burned in digesting the food. So it takes 10% of the calories consumed to digest that food... So 3 meals a day at 1000 calories each would be 100 calories each meal used in the digestion process so 300 calories. And if you ate 6 meals a day at 500 calories each so it takes 10% of the calories consumed to digest that food... So 6 meals a day at 500 calories each would be 50 calories each meal used in the digestion process so 300 calories. The outcome is the same.

And the idea of going catabolic is bullshit. It's supplement companies propaganda. Them Saying you have to eat 6+ meals a day ensures more people will buy meal replacements since most people don't have the time or space to carry around 6 quality meals a day. So thats when meal replacements the supplement companies make come in. Most people will use a meal replacement 1-2x a day making more money for those companies.

How is the way I'm eating not going to preserve LBM? I'm eating just shy of 1g/lbs of body weight in protein. 1g/lbs is all you need. What's the benefit eating sweet potatoes or pop tarts? If I'm getting the same amount of calories carbs etc..?

camlam is offline Banned

Please explain how his proteins are incomplete? Carbohydrates are a non essential macro nutrient complex or non complex is total crap.

How is hitting your macros BS? Have you ever tried it to actually judge? Not saying I would go with his approach but im sure he is just trying to prove a point by doing this and it won't be a life long decision to eat pop tarts and ice-cream. To many people get way to "ED" on there food choices and struggle to reach there foals because of it, plain and simple do what makes you happy and works for you!

Plus carbs are protein sparing. You can eat 2g/lbs of bodyweight in protein and eat less carbs but your body will just convert the extra protein into glucose that you are lacking from carbohydrates. So you can eat more carbs and less protein to save that conversion of aminos to glucose and actually enjoy better tasting carbs.

camlam is offline Banned
    I luv carbs 600g's today

Quote Originally Posted by camlam View Post
    I luv carbs 600g's today
    Amen! I like my ice cream at night before bed. It's a shame I'm getting fat though from the carbs at night <--LOL I now enjoy my food so much more instead of eating bland foods and losing weight too! I can already see my abs coming out more it's great! My strength is going up too! Camlam do you eat carbs at night like me?

camlam is offline Banned
    Just finished 5 servings of rice 800cal 180g carb 20g protein with 150g of chicken Breast 36g pro 2g fat and 125g of mixed veggies, Now it's time to have some desert also sitting at 10-11% BF
    Must be doing it wrong \_*~*_/

Edit: also had a pint of Richards Red

First of all, you're either a troll or an absolute fukking imbecile, but I will entertain you before you get banned for a minute.

Where did I say that his proteins were incomplete? I was using an example, don't put words in my mouth.

If you think that carbs are a non-essential macro then try to gain even 1 lb of muscle without consuming any carbs at all. You will fail.

How is just hitting your macros BS? Yes I know from personal experience that if I get my same macros from fast food and gas stations then I will lose weight while consuming my maintenance level of calories.

How about you answer a question. Example is bodybuilder Bo. We'll call him Bojangles, he's 5'2" 120lbs and obviously wants to gain weight. His caloric needs are 2000cals per day but he's going to consume 3000cals in order to gain. He has 2 diets to choose from both are the same macro split 0f 40-40-20 pro-carb-fat.

Diet 1:
    Protein is pea protein powder from wal mart
    Carbs are 100% high fructose corn syrup
    Fats are partially hydrogenated oils

Diet 2:
    Protein is chicken breast or egg whites
    Carbs are oats and sweet potato
    Fats are EPA and DHA from fish oils

Will Bo gain the same amount of muscle tissue on both diets?

Edit: I will not respond to this thread again.
    Last edited by Sgt. Hartman; 08-20-2011 at 06:54 PM.

camlam is offline Banned
    First of all, you're either a troll or an absolute fukking imbecile, but I will entertain you before you get banned for a minute.

Where did I say that his proteins were incomplete? I was using an example, don't put words in my mouth.

If you think that carbs are a non-essential macro then try to gain even 1 lb of muscle without consuming any carbs at all. You will fail.

How is just hitting your macros BS? Yes I know from personal experience that if I get my same macros from fast food and gas stations then I will lose weight while consuming my maintenance level of calories.

How about you answer a question. Example is bodybuilder Bo. We'll call him Bojangles, he's 5'2" 120lbs and obviously wants to gain weight. His caloric needs are 2000cals per day but he's going to consume 3000cals in order to gain. He has 2 diets to choose from both are the same macro split 0f 40-40-20 pro-carb-fat.

Diet 1:

Diet 2:

No person would ever eat as example 1, pretty sure I never said anything about eating straight "junk" as people like to call it. I myself get 80-90% of my food from good sources of food that are full of macro and micro nutrients, but I also enjoy "junk" "everyday" and since it fits into my macros there is no such thing as a cheat day.

camlam is offline Banned
    Also why would I get band? Don't think I'm being rude, to many people who are into bodybuilding are so close minded and are not willing to listen to other people's opinions.

Diet 1:

Diet 2:

Edit: I will not respond to this thread again.
    Diet 1 does not apply to what we are discussing here. Since my diet has 46grams of protein coming from whey. The rest is quality sources. After I'm done cutting on this diet Im on I will bulk on a similar diet to just prove you wrong.

Also why would I get band? Don't think I'm being rude, to many people who are into bodybuilding are so close minded and are not willing to listen to other people's opinions.
    I agree with this statement, but the OP's supposed diet is ridiculous, and i'm still smelling troll. You (OP) come on here posting the diet, asking questions like you have no idea, acting all innocent and naive, then make a statement like "carbs are protein sparing". True, but that's not something an 'innocent naive' newb would know.

Are you 2 working together? Camlam, a new member with 11 posts and already here mixing it up?

I smell previously banned members (or maybe you're the same guy) trying to rile people up. Keep the bs up and i'll have this thread closed.

If you all want to have an intelligent conversation about differing opinions on macro nutrients, frequent feedings vs. less frequent (I have run IF and loved it), we can do that. Please spare me with the diet consisting of pop tarts and ice cream and shit. We all know that's not a bodybuilders diet, never will be, end of discussion.

camlam is offline Banned
    I do know the guy but I just don't frequent this forum I was the one who turned him onto to IIFYM he has just takenIOU to a new level to prove a point to people that you don't have to eat "clean" foods to grow or cut. To Many people just go by what the big guy at the gym says or what they read in a supplement sponsored magazine instead of actually doing there own research to better the education.

camlam is offline Banned
    PS poptarts are yummy lol

camlam is offline Banned
    I'm not that new of a member, I just choose to do alot more reading then I ever post. Feel like I can learn more by sifting through the mounds of bullsh!t and coming up with my own conclusion.
    Everyone just needs to remember that

"Correlation does not equal causation"

I'm trying to keep this conversation intelligent but so many people are stuck in old ways of thinking and only listen to what they are told... And say this is the way it is and there is no other way to go by getting big or lean. My diet that I am on is simply to show that is wrong. I have already seen gains in strength, losing weight and eating quality protein sources with w/e else I want to eat. I get sick of seeing people preach you can't get lean eating cookies... And you can't eat a chocolate bar because it will spike your insulin and make you fat... Sure eating the way I am isn't the healthiest but that's not my point. It's about body composition. I want people to think outside of the box from what all the guys at the gym tell them to do and gets repeated again and again then all the sudden it's the "truth" which no other way of eating is going to work.
    So I've lost 2lbs so far and gained strength? And I'm noticing more striations in my shoulders coming out and my pants getting slightly looser is my diet not doing what I expected/know it would do?

you don't have to eat "clean" foods to grow or cut.
    Well, I will vehemently disagree with this statement. Or rather, i'd like to expand on it:

You don't have to eat clean foods to grow, that's for sure. There are plenty of fat 'bodybuilders' out there. Just about anybody can eat alot of food (i.e. eat over maintenance), stimulate muscle growth by weight training, and grow with zero regards to bodyfat. In fact, that applies to 95% of the guys in my gym. IMO, building lean mass while staying lean is the key. being big AND cut - that's the holy grail. I don't care what you tell me, you DO have to eat clean to achieve that.

As for cutting - i'm just gonna say outright that you're dead wrong. Eating at a caloric deficit isn't the only piece of the puzzle. I've seen people GAIN weight (fat) eating sub-maintenance. Don't think it's possible? They were eating a shitty, nutrient empty sub-maintenance diet. You really think you can cut bodyfat eating foods with tons of sugar like pop tarts and ice cream? On top of that, most of those same foods are high fat by default - i.e. calorie dense, so how much behind maintenance can one really eat when they eat this way?

Sorry bro, i'm not buying it.

To Many people just go by what the big guy at the gym says or what they read in a supplement sponsored magazine instead of actually doing there own research to better the education.
    Funny how you can make such a ridiculous statement (previously quoted) and then say something a minute later that is spot on. Strange cat you are!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Well, I will vehemently disagree with this statement. Or rather, i'd like to expand on it:

You don't have to eat clean foods to grow, that's for sure. There are plenty of fat 'bodybuilders' out there. Just about anybody can eat alot of food (i.e. eat over maintenance), stimulate muscle growth by weight training, and grow with zero regards to bodyfat. In fact, that applies to 95% of the guys in my gym. IMO, building lean mass while staying lean is the key. being big AND cut - that's the holy grail. I don't care what you tell me, you DO have to eat clean to achieve that.

As for cutting - i'm just gonna say outright that you're dead wrong. Eating at a caloric deficit isn't the only piece of the puzzle. I've seen people GAIN weight (fat) eating sub-maintenance. Don't think it's possible? They were eating a shitty, nutrient empty sub-maintenance diet. You really think you can cut bodyfat eating foods with tons of sugar like pop tarts and ice cream? On top of that, most of those same foods are high fat by default - i.e. calorie dense, so how much behind maintenance can one really eat when they eat this way?

Sorry bro, i'm not buying it.

Funny how you can make such a ridiculous statement (previously quoted) and then say something a minute later that is spot on. Strange cat you are!
    Actually I only at 60 grams of fat eating the ice cream/pop tarts and cookies. I like the fact that I am losing weight. For the lack of micronutrients I am supplementing with a multi, b-complex. So my results so far eating that way is a fluke? Or I have amazing genetics that I'm the .0357% of the population that can eat the way I am and lose fat?

camlam is offline Banned
    Sorry not understanding your last part.

Most people who gain weight when in a "defecit" are not trully in a defecit either they have dropped cals to quick which in turn makes them not as physically active (tired from a quick trans from bulk to cut with no maint in between) which makes not move around as much during the day twiddle there thumbs or give it there best in the gym. I myself cut down this year from 16% at the end of my bulk down to 10-11 with zero cardio and eating a skinny cow everynight before bed, I'm not tying to tell people to eat "junk" all day long but if you feel the need to "cheat" if you fit it in your macros then it is no longer a cheat meal. Then you can get rid of that mentality that you have ruined progress or your going to get fat.

Your body can't just magically put on weight if your truly in a defecit you can't magically produce fat from a insulin spike.
    Really enjoy these conversations though, makes people think.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    My first time back on the forums in about 5 years. What a waste of a thread. Thumbs down bud.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    If you dont care at all about overall heath or general nutrition and you goal is strictly losing weight and this is working for you - have at it. I mean it took some time to manipulate it and post it trying to be cute and "fool" people to start a debate - the fact is the calories and macros arent all that out of wack. Also of note for 95% of people swapping out those simple carbs for complex carbs would make the cut more effective - if u are an exception then fine. I personally think its foolish for several reasons and choose other methods when cutting - but if u want to eat that kind of shit have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    If you dont care at all about overall heath or general nutrition and you goal is strictly losing weight and this is working for you - have at it. I mean it took some time to manipulate it and post it trying to be cute and "fool" people to start a debate - the fact is the calories and macros arent all that out of wack. Also of note for 95% of people swapping out those simple carbs for complex carbs would make the cut more effective - if u are an exception then fine. I personally think its foolish for several reasons and choose other methods when cutting - but if u want to eat that kind of shit have at it.
    The truth is I hardly eat this type of food. I made this diet 2 weeks ago to prove a point to some friends that meal frequency does not matter, type of foods does not really matter. Simply hit your macros for the day and it will have no effect on body composition. I agree it's not the healthiest but that's not the point I'm trying to get across. I agreed to do this diet for 1 month and lose 4lbs, I've lost 2 so far just as I calculated at 1bs/week and my point is being proven. After the bet is over I will revert back to eating healthier foods... White rice, oatmeal and still have snacks like ice cream before bed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information