im83931 is offline Senior Member

Wake up starving at 3am??

For the last 3 weeks I have woken up at around 3 am every night, starving. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat before bed its the same every night. I eat, go to bed and wake up so hungry I can't get back to sleep until I go eat. I am not cycling anything and haven't been on any AAS for a couple of years now. I ran clen at the beginning of summer about 12 weeks ago.

My question is, has anyone had this problem? If so any ideas on how to make it through the entire night. I need some sleep!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Are you waking up to pee, or do you think you're waking up BECAUSE you're starving?

What are you eating before bed? I know you said it doesn't matter, but i'm curious. Beef will usually do a good job of keeping you satiated for a while. If you're eating something like cottage cheese or a casein shake before bed (not that there's anything wrong with that), i'm not surprised you're waking up hungry.

Simple answer - if you can't help but to wake up, then when you do, eat! Factor it into your daily caloric allotment - meaning some other meals will have to come down a bit to allow room for an additional meal.

Hope this helps.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    I don't usually have to pee, I wish that was it. Its been chicken mostly. I tried cottage cheese, egg whites, etc. I'll try to stick to beef for a while and see if that helps. I actually had to start prepping something to eat before bed so I don't eat junk.

Thanks.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by im83931 View Post
    I don't usually have to pee, I wish that was it. Its been chicken mostly. I tried cottage cheese, egg whites, etc. I'll try to stick to beef for a while and see if that helps. I actually had to start prepping something to eat before bed so I don't eat junk.

Thanks.
    Good luck bro. Beef is one of the slowest digesting proteins, so a good serving (6oz or so if you can fit it) should keep you pretty satisfied overnight, assuming you're not sleeping for 12 hours straight.

Cottage cheese is mostly casein protein and digests relatively slowly, but not on par with beef. Egg whites are relatively fast, second behind whey I believe. Chicken falls somewhere in the middle - not a bad choice, but beef should still do a better job.

Thread Information