Matt Foley is offline Member

flax or olive oil?

was talking to a trainer at my gym,good guy and GREAT shape.he says he has never used flax and ONLY uses olive oil and some fish oils.i was under the impression he just ate alot of salmon.my question is, is olive oil/omega just as good as flax or udos?it is alot cheaper if you eat your fish!

MF

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Olive oil is good, but I just prefer flax.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Both are healthy fats but Flax has a better Omega make up.

Pain

ive taken udos for a year now but ive been reconsidering my diet lately.if you have plenty of olive oil and eat your salmon it is as effective and much less expensive.or am i just trying to cut more corners?

gregtheheifer is offline New Member
    Flax is better than olive b/c the omega 3's are what you want. As far as salmon goes i hear that most of the salmon you buy aren't actually caught in the wild, so they contain very little omega 3's. Have no clue if this is true or not, but you can't really go wrong with flax.

i mean is it marketing that tells us we need the (PROPER) balance of omegas 3,6 and 9's? this guy is all about olive/fish oil or has he wasted 15 years of competitive bbing knowlege?

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Matt Foley
    i mean is it marketing that tells us we need the (PROPER) balance of omegas 3,6 and 9's? this guy is all about olive/fish oil or has he wasted 15 years of competitive bbing knowlege?
    Different things work for different people, everyone has different genetics. I don't think that if R. Colman used oil instead of flax he wouldn't have won the Mr. O.

Pain

gregtheheifer is offline New Member
    Originally posted by Matt Foley
    no, i think research shows the benefits of omega 3's. they supposedly, when taken long term, increase insulin sensitivity in muscle and reduce it in fat (a good thing). you won't see results overnight, but when taken long term omega 3 fatty acids do hae benefits when it comes to bodybuilding.

as for the proper balance, i would just worry about omega 3's. you get PLENTY of 6's from eveything you eat, too many b/c they interfere with the benefits of the 3's. personally i try to cut all 6's out of my diet. i would just get the 9's from extra virgin olive oil.

Thread Information