Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    littleriverman is offline Junior Member

I'm so sick of eating chicken breast, tuna, so what you guys think

of those meal replacement bars for 1 or 2 of the meals. I'm thinking matrix 100 or should I just stick to the norm

I'm thinking 2 bars which is 800 caloires and 62 grams of protein I want to supplement them for at least one of my meals. please feedback is needed.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2621765

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 bars
    Servings Per Container 12
    Amount Per Serving % DV
    Calories 400.00
    Calories from Fat 110.00
    Total Fat 12.00 g 18%
    Saturated Fat 6.00 g 35%
    Trans Fat 0.00 g
    Cholesterol 30.00 mg 10%
    Sodium 570.00 mg 24%
    Potassium 250.00 mg 7%
    Total Carbohydrate 44.00 g 15%
    Fiber 2.00 g 8%
    Sugars 27.00 g
    Protein 31.00 g 62%
    Vitamin A 1750.00 35%
    Vitamin B-12 1.80 30%
    Vitamin B-6 0.60 30%
    Vitamin C 180.00 300%
    Vitamin E 10.50 35%
    Thiamin 0.52 35%
    Riboflavin 0.60 35%
    Niacin 7.00 35%
    Folic Acid 180.00 45%
    Biotin 105.00 35%
    Pantothenic Acid 3.50 35%
    Iodine 52.50 35%
    Zinc 6.00 40%
    Copper 1.00 50%
    Phosphorus 250.00 25%
    Magnesium 40.00 10%
    Iron 2.70 15%
    Calcium 0.00 **
    ** Daily Value (DV) not established
    Last edited by littleriverman; 08-25-2011 at 03:26 PM.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    NEVER replace chicken for "artificial" whole foods are absorbed and used much better then processed meal replacements. I would switch to talapia or lean ground beef or lean steaks instead. I know exactly wehre your coming from man and I feel the same way so I just switched meats or looked up different recipes to make it seem like a dif meal.lol

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    im going to move this to the diet section.

And i agree replacing real food with bars is never a good idea. I would switch things up and find new recipes

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I feel your pain bro...on cycle I eat so much chicken. It gets to the point that I have to force it down, at that point I switch to turkey. I like buffalo also but it's really expensive.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I get tired of chicken too. Right now I am replacing chicken with Tilapia for dinner and it helps break up the monotony.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    get used to it, you need to mental block the food boredom, its the hardest thing about this game. dont use bars/shakes in place of proper food. just get creative with sauces etc

LOL, I thought it was only me. I would pick ed injection if I didn't have to eat chicken, turkey, or tuna again

yes I switch it up to, but trust me if you're eating clean you will get sick of tilapia too. I guess if I'm not frying it . I'll get sick of it, but I'm surprise I haven't eating any fried foods in well over a year.

juttsdm5 is offline Associate Member
    im guessing your tyrying to bulk right now ? How about some fish ?
    Shrimp, lobster, tuna.
    i treat myself to lobster a few times a month. whats nece is you can eat that cutting or bulking. !

A lot of sugar in that. I like the shakes in between meals. but nothing can beat real food bro . DEDICATION !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriverman View Post
    LOL, I thought it was only me. I would pick ed injection if I didn't have to eat chicken, turkey, or tuna again
    its all of us, believe me

ahi tuna steaks I love and can be a good replacement too. But using different sauces like dec11 said is also a good way of doing it. Just stay away from replacing meals with bars or shakes

guitario is offline Associate Member
    Whey protein has a complete amino acid profile. Of course shakes and bars can make up some of your target protein, it is wrong to suggest otherwise. The best sources of protein are whey, eggs, chicken/turkey and then beef/steak in that order.

Put it this way. Say you aim to eat 250g of protein a day, then that could be made up of purely whey and egg protein as long as your overall calories are enough to gain weight.

DGK
    DGK is offline Member
    I just keep in mind that i no longer eat 99% of the time for pleasure. I eat to feed the machine. everyday its the same thing, eggs, oats, coldcuts and rice and salad, tuna, burgers chicken and rice and beans, leftovers from dinner, then a protein bar.. also protein shakes and bannanas. I no longer taste anything really it just gets cooked and swallowed. My wife hates it but she also loves my body more then b4 so its a price she has to pay. a helpful little tip if anyone has any friends that own a restaurant u can have them buy u chicken breast in bulk and then u can clean it refreeze it vaccum sealed bags and u will save a fortune

Gi812Many is offline Member
    HAHAHA....I hate it too...As for what DGK is saying about owning a Restaurant. My family has 4 of them. I get 40lbs of chicken breast cuts (which is what they shave off to make certain ounce breast) for $43. I buy 15 dozen eggs for 10 bucks!!! Im at the point when I eat my chicken, chew it up and take a swig of water to get it down. Same with that nasty ass tuna. I eat 8-10 ounces of each every time I eat.

jelly is offline Associate Member
    It's much worse for me littleriverman... much worse.

I don't eat seafood or shellfish, can't stand it. Other meats get real boring, real quick. It takes longer for me to get sick of red meat though. Beef and Bison are the bomb!

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    i eat plain chicken till i gag on every bite. then i eat it 2.5 hours later

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    i buy liquid egg whites at Walmart,

I put 2 cups of those or 1 cup and one scoop of whey along with natty pb, blueberries, spinach and oatmeal in my Vitamix blender and pound it down in 10 seconds.

I have about 3 of those a day and the other 3 meals are chicken , beef turkey etc.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    I never get tired of chicken or tuna. It's a lifestyle you have to except if you want to be in the game. It's all about preperation and how u cook it. Try some different herbs and spices to change up the taste!

crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    i bet those colossal bars you posted taste good after microwaving them

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Need to incorperate fish, pork, turkey, steak and chop meat into your diet.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

jackedbatman is offline Junior Member
    Real food over anything, Chicken, Salmon, Tuna, Tilapia, Shrimp, Scallops, Lean Red Meat, Turkey, Even some beans and grains have a decent amino profile, Quinoa, Adezuki Beans, Chick Peas. Variety to the diet is the best advice I can give, just avoid MRPS and Bars unless absolutly in a jam.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    learn to cook.Just changing the spices can help.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guitario View Post
    Whey protein has a complete amino acid profile. Of course shakes and bars can make up some of your target protein, it is wrong to suggest otherwise. The best sources of protein are whey, eggs, chicken/turkey and then beef/steak in that order.

Put it this way. Say you aim to eat 250g of protein a day, then that could be made up of purely whey and egg protein as long as your overall calories are enough to gain weight.
    that would be a poor diet. whey protein will sustain you for all of 30-50mins. whats needed is a good spectrum of different fast and slow acting protein sources consumed at the appropriate times

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Need to incorperate fish, pork, turkey, steak and chop meat into your diet.
    I disagree on the pork. Pork is not a healthy meat.

devilduckizer09 is offline Junior Member
    Chicken Is the holy grail of meat! Buy some spices low fat sauce's to apply

Man I just woke up and all this talk of chicken makes me want to it rite now!

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I eat different kinds of protien during the day,I use egg whites,low fat choclate milk,fish,beef.Milk protien gets in your system faster so is best after a work out,then i eat fish mid day then beef at night,i drink low fat choclate milk 3 times a day.

funsize is offline New Member
    There are a lot of good anabolic cookbooks out there (and some shitty ones too). Dave Ruel's is good IMO.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I know what you mean about being sick of eating the same thing all of the time. It does get old real quick. I try to find new recipes and mix things up a bit to get me through the bulking times. Even added strawberries to my chicken one time just for a change up. My advice is just power through it and look for those recipes man. In the end when you are putting on those pounds of muscle you will be glad you hung in there.

kbm12345 is offline Junior Member
    Just add some icecream, egg whites, home made pizza (with chicken,meat pieaple)etc.

Just because you bodybuild does not mean you cant enjoy food.

TOTAL MACROS FOR THE DAY IS ALL THAT MATTERS

Wether that comes from pizza, chips or whatever else people consdier junk does not matter.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm12345 View Post
    Just add some icecream, egg whites, home made pizza (with chicken,meat pieaple)etc.

Wether that comes from pizza, chips or whatever else people consdier junk does not matter.
    not this again

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    I've been having good luck by stir-frying it all together. That, or making a salad with the veggies (spinach, broccoli) and adding the cooked meat to it with some balsamic vinegar, and maybe olive oil if your diet allows it.

Wait a min are you being serious right now?

I call bull on this one.

Should i try a diet of chicken breast and potato chips, protein powder ice cream, and Mcdonalds Big Macs (hey its almost like it's got a small salad inside it and everything!)?

What do you think guys? I'll make some massive gains! LOL!

Screw just eating junk foods, let throw injecting out and just eat our gear too!
    Last edited by jelly; 08-26-2011 at 01:51 PM.

LOL. I'm staying out of it this time.

shadowcast is offline New Member
    I just couldn't resist

Ingredients 4 tilapia fillets
    2 tbsp corn flour
    2 tbsp sunflower oil
    4 spring onions, sliced
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    Small piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp brown sugar
    Juice 1 lime, plus 1 lime chopped into wedges, to serve
    1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
    Handful Thai basil leaves or coriander leaves

Prep time 20 mins - Cook time 10 mins

(Egg-free, Dairy-free, Nut-free)

1. Coat the fish fillets in the corn flour, and then set aside. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, sizzle the fillets for 2-3 mins on each side until crisp, then remove and keep warm. In the same pan, briefly fry the spring onion, garlic and ginger, then add the soy sauce, brown sugar and lime juice and simmer until slightly syrupy. Spoon the sauce over the fish, scatter with chilli, Thai basil or coriander, then serve with the lime wedges.

PER SERVING
    328 calories, protein 28g, carbohydrate 25g, fat 14 g, saturated fat 2g, fibre 0g, sugar 10g, salt 2.94 g

You can eliminate certain ingredients depending on your diet plan...Hope this receipe helps?

Meow..lol

Why sunflower oil? How about olive oil? That's all good fats.

shadowcast is offline New Member
    You have a great point jelly and you are almost correct. However 'Virgin' oilve oil is far superior. I made a mistake re sunflower oil, but, I did say you could adjust ingredients to suit. I also often add a few drops of sesame oil to rice bran oil when cooking Asian dishes for an exotic aroma and flavour.

Ok to clear up a little here goes - Olive oil has a relation of 13:1 (13 Omega 6 and 1 Omega 3), a much better ratio than sunflower oil. And although this ratio may still sound high, let’s remember that the main fat in olive oil is monounsaturated, a fat with very little Omega 6. This means that although the ratio is 13:1, there is a low amount of Omega 6 in it. It is the polyunsaturated fats that are loaded with Omega 6 fatty acids.

For centuries, olive oil has been a major player in the low incidence of heart disease and artery damage among Mediterranean populations. Extensive research has shown that olive oil not only can prevent damage to the arteries but can also reverse high levels of cholesterol in the blood and lower high blood pressure, a major risk for stroke

Olive oils have about the same proportion of monounsaturated fat. Why is buying extra virgin olive more expensive than refined olive oil? Two major reasons:

1.Refined olive oil is loaded with chemicals

2.Extra virgin olive oil contains more antioxidants than refined versions.

Bottom line, we need more omega-3s and omega-9s in our diets and almost no additional omega-6 fatty acids. The only one we may need is GLA, which we can get in the form of borage oil and then only for women with menstrual issues, in my opinion. We can't help but consume omega-6 fats when we eat in restaurants of any ilk because restaurants all use inexpensive oils mostly omega-6 fatty acids. Therefore, since most of us eat out several times per week, we are getting more than enough omega-6.

By the way I love cooking..Anymore questions?....Fire away!! LOL
    Last edited by shadowcast; 08-26-2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Forgot to add more information re EFA's

kbm12345 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jelly View Post
    I call bull on this one.

Should i try a diet of chicken breast and potato chips, protein powder ice cream, and Mcdonalds Big Macs (hey its almost like it's got a small salad inside it and everything!)?

What do you think guys? I'll make some massive gains! LOL!

Screw just eating junk foods, let throw injecting out and just eat our gear too!
    Lol you'r the fool that thinks your body can tell the difference between carbs from white bread and sweet potato....

Go argue with these guys some of the best natural bodybuilders in the buisness.

http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

All there clients eat pretty much whatever they want as long as they hit there macros.

Ive been eating at 400-500 carbs 200-250p and 50-100f, and i have not noticed a difference wether the carbs come from Icecream, pancakes, chips or pizza. At least I am enjoying my food, while all you are making similar gains to me but eating boring food.

Also take not of this guy, just won first place and uses a similar method, and bet he looks better than all of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPYNx8lT1gY

Arguing this point is like arguing with religious fanatics, some ppl are just to ignorant to ever adopt new ideas when it comes to anything.

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Arnold Schwarzenegger used to love telling rivals who wanted to be like him to drink a gallon of whole milk a day. Then a month later when they'd stumble into the gym all muscle-less and fat, He'd tell them "Milk is for babies, I drink beer!"

Post up YOUR pictures, and let's see where YOUR pizza and big-mac diet has placed you.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by guitario View Post

I agree with your rationale, just not specifically on the whey only. IMO a protein blend (i.e. whey, casein, egg albumin, etc.) is the way to go when using protein powders.

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    that would be a poor diet. whey protein will sustain you for all of 30-50mins. whats needed is a good spectrum of different fast and slow acting protein sources consumed at the appropriate times
    Agreed - or consumed at the same times, again - protein blends when using powders.

I disagree on the pork. Pork is not a healthy meat.
    Really? Can you back that up? I eat pork a few times/week, and i'm feeling pretty damned healthy. I know another Vet on here who incorporates pork on a near daily basis - and he competes. I'm sure he'd love to debate you on this if you have something to back this up with.

It comes down to what cut of pork. Lean cuts of pork (boneless center cut loin, etc) are perfectly fine.

Are we really having this debate again?

Why sunflower oil? How about olive oil? That's all good fats.
    Fish oils > these IMO. Olive oil is higher in monounsaturated than sunflower. However I prefer to rely on fish oils for my polyunsaturated as the omega-3 is way higher. Most oils high in poly's are omega-6 rich vs. omega-3.

Lol you'r the fool that thinks your body can tell the difference between carbs from white bread and sweet potato....

Go argue with these guys some of the best natural bodybuilders in the buisness.

Arguing this point is like arguing with religious fanatics, some ppl are just to ignorant to ever adopt new ideas when it comes to anything.
    As per the board rules, please edit your post and remove the links, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information