MakeMeHuge is offline New Member

Diet experts needed, help!

I weigh around 172 with about 14-15% bf. Im looking to gain musle but lose fat at the same time. I need help constructing a diet.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    You need to post up your current diet. Macros and all and then put together a proposed diet and then someone will critique it for you. No one is going to build a diet from scratch for you though.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome MakeMe!

As suggested, post up a sample of what you eat and when you eat it for review. Some foods could be great and others not so much. Tweaking helps to get started....

Enjoy the site~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Cals F C P

Meal 1- 1 cup of oats and 2 scoops of whey- 560 11 60 56
    Meal 2-1 cup of oats and 2 cans of tuna 550 8 54 66
    Meal 3-4oz whole wheat pasta, 8 oz chicken 420 2 43 58
    Workout
    Protein shake- 650 8 85 60
    Meal 4-2 TBSP PB, 1 TBSP olive oil, 1 scoop whey 430 30 13 30

Totals: 2611 P:270 C:255 F: 60

Rileet is offline New Member
    How tall are you? Judging by your weight and your BF (if it is not a poor estimate), i'm guessing you're over 6 foot?
    based on your sample above, i'd say you are a little low on essential fats. you need more fats.
    also, generally you want fat/protein throughout the day pre-workout. carb/protein after workout.

eating fats do not directly increase your BF. what will, is eating bad fats; or eating fats with excess SIMPLE carbs

little_dude is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeHuge View Post
    Cals F C P

Meal 1- 1 cup of oats and 2 scoops of whey- 560 11 60 56
    Meal 2-1 cup of oats and 2 cans of tuna 550 8 54 66
    Meal 3-4oz whole wheat pasta, 8 oz chicken 420 2 43 58
    Workout
    Protein shake- 650 8 85 60
    Meal 4-2 TBSP PB, 1 TBSP olive oil, 1 scoop whey 430 30 13 30

Totals: 2611 P:270 C:255 F: 60
    Relace the last whey shake to a casien shake as you should have a slow releasing protein before u go to bed. I would also replace the PB with fish oil. Also u might want to add some eggs and egg whites in you first meal instead of having 2 scoops of whey. Also how tall are you because 2600 calories might not be enough for you to bulk. U could add another meal in.
    Last edited by little_dude; 08-29-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Daveman is offline Junior Member
    Confuscious say man who chase 2 rabbits catches none.

Choose a goal and go for it. Don't try to do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Rileet View Post
    How tall are you? Judging by your weight and your BF (if it is not a poor estimate), i'm guessing you're over 6 foot?
    based on your sample above, i'd say you are a little low on essential fats. you need more fats.
    also, generally you want fat/protein throughout the day pre-workout. carb/protein after workout.

eating fats do not directly increase your BF. what will, is eating bad fats; or eating fats with excess SIMPLE carbs
    i am 5'`11

Quote Originally Posted by Daveman View Post
    Confuscious say man who chase 2 rabbits catches none.

Very true! Love this! And have read many times on here that picking one over the other is the way to go.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

come on diet experts i know you're here! help a brother out!

What is your specific goal?
    as in weight?
    BF?
    in what time frame?
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    What is your specific goal?
    as in weight?
    BF?
    in what time frame?
    i want to trim body fat but continue to build muscle...i would prefer 10-12% bf and will take as long as it needs

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Which is it? I agree he's low on EFA's because I see very little, however I would not increase his overall fat macro. That said, i'd ditch the olive oil and add a few fish oil caps with each meal instead

You're suggesting pro/fat pre workout, or pro/carb? Please clarify

eating fats do not directly increase your BF.
    Respectfully disagree. Way too general a statement. All in context. Of the 3 macros, fat is most easily stored as body fat. No surprise. For the record, i'm far from an anti-fat person, but I believe in relatively low-fat diets, for the majority of people anyway, where cutting is the primary goal. Basically, the only fats i'd intentionally consume would be EFA's, mainly omega-3's in the form of fish/fish oils. You should get enough 'collateral' fats to round out your daily macro from your other food choices - i.e. beef, eggs, fish, etc. Just my .02

what will, is eating bad fats; or eating fats with excess SIMPLE carbs
    Will agree with this 100% - and go beyond simple carbs, just carbs in general - i.e. overconsumption. Fully glycogen stores + excess carbs = stored bodyfat. With dietary fat present, it'll be compounded that much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveman View Post
    x2. I wasted over 2 years trying to do both. I won't say it's impossible, but it's not worth it IMO - if I could do it again, I would without a doubt pick a path and stick with it until I was satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Which is it? I agree he's low on EFA's because I see very little, however I would not increase his overall fat macro. That said, i'd ditch the olive oil and add a few fish oil caps with each meal instead

You're suggesting pro/fat pre workout, or pro/carb? Please clarify

Respectfully disagree. Way too general a statement. All in context. Of the 3 macros, fat is most easily stored as body fat. No surprise. For the record, i'm far from an anti-fat person, but I believe in relatively low-fat diets, for the majority of people anyway, where cutting is the primary goal. Basically, the only fats i'd intentionally consume would be EFA's, mainly omega-3's in the form of fish/fish oils. You should get enough 'collateral' fats to round out your daily macro from your other food choices - i.e. beef, eggs, fish, etc. Just my .02

Will agree with this 100% - and go beyond simple carbs, just carbs in general - i.e. overconsumption. Fully glycogen stores + excess carbs = stored bodyfat. With dietary fat present, it'll be compounded that much more.

x2. I wasted over 2 years trying to do both. I won't say it's impossible, but it's not worth it IMO - if I could do it again, I would without a doubt pick a path and stick with it until I was satisfied.
    Ok well I choose to gain lean muscle with gaining as little fat as possible. Can you help me tweek my diet to achieve this?

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    im not a diet expert but there are several here who can help, someone will lead you in the right direction

Thread Information