Thread: Calories!

borkach is offline Junior Member

Calories!

Im a university soccer goalkeeper, and have been out of goalie training for about two month due to a knee injury. Since i went on a new diet to build some muscle i eat about 350g of protein and 3500 calories. When i will start my soccer training again how many calories should i be eating to maintain my size? I train at the gym 5 days a week, and 4-5 days a week i have soccer training.

Stats:
    6'
    165lbs
    7-8 BF

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    It kind of depends on your training program. How much cardio you do. At the university level you may need to increase your calories allot. Here is a link to a BMR calculator, but if your in the middle of an intense training program at the university level, it may not be all that accurate.

Sleep is also very vital for growth, and my guess is that you will need to make sure you are getting 8 hours consistently.

http://preventdisease.com/healthtool...cles/bmr.shtml

borkach is offline Junior Member
    i would say 60% of my soccer training is cardio, it varies from simple runs to complex footwork training. i heard pro athletes eat around 8k - 10k a day.....but lets be serious, i barely fit 3500 - 4000 calories in one day! LOL

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Then your going to have a tough time keeping your muscle mass. Good luck cause thats a ton of calories to have to force down.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    You need to get a good idea of your TDEE and eat above that. Simple in concept, not as easy to implement.

Your best bet is to monitor yourself on a weekly basis - i.e. weight, measurements, how clothes fit, and how you look in the mirror. Make caloric adjustments as needed.

Thread Information