Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member

Finishing touches, need help!!!

Finishing touches, need help!!!
    Hey guys just doing the finishing touches to my diet and have a little problem. If your not familiar with my diet il post a link:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-Doc-get-to-12

Ok so the problem is i have my first meal which is a protein shake straight after my AM cardio at about 7.30. Then my first proper food meal at about 9.30am. What i need to do is have something more with my protein shake so that i can push all my meals back to get to the MAIN goal of getting meal number 4 closer to my PM workout .

Two problems:

1. It cant be something to high in calories because im already tweaking my diet to get the calories a bit lower where they need to be.

2. I have my shake in the car on the way to work, so it would have to be something that i can eat in the car, no cooking facilities availble in my car. I do however have a microwave at work i can use as soon as i get there. But to make it simpler i was thinking maybe something packaged from the super market, problem is i just dont know what...

Any suggestions would be very much apprieciated. Thanks

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You state your post cardio shake an the am contains 46g of carbs. Correct?

What type of carbs? Powdered oats?If so, I think you are fine on the carbs front.

Is the protein all whey? Or does it include some casein? If all whey, why don't you drop that down to 20-25g protein and then have a whole egg and a couple of whites? Just boil 'em up the night before, they'll stay fresh in the fridge for a couple of days. Or some pre-cooked chicken breast?

That should keep you going a couple of hours!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Make a batch of oat pancakes and microwave.....yummy!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    You state your post cardio shake an the am contains 46g of carbs. Correct?

What type of carbs? Powdered oats?If so, I think you are fine on the carbs front.

Is the protein all whey? Or does it include some casein? If all whey, why don't you drop that down to 20-25g protein and then have a whole egg and a couple of whites? Just boil 'em up the night before, they'll stay fresh in the fridge for a couple of days. Or some pre-cooked chicken breast?

That should keep you going a couple of hours!
    Yeah mate it's just whey protein, not oats just powder. I'm looking into adding oats into the shake though as my solution. Thanks for your help...

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Make a batch of oat pancakes and microwave.....yummy!
    Thanks slim! Can u buy them Pre mixed from the super market? Are they relatively low in cals?

Oat Pancakes:

1 cup oats
    1 cup egg whites
    1 cup fat free cottage cheese

splash of water if need be for batter consistency
    Splenda all you want
    nutmeg, dash if you so desire
    drop of vanilla, if desired

First: Blend the oats in a blender until real powdery (no water just blend dry )
    Add all the above ingredients and blend until a good consistency for a pancake

Cook on griddle/pan which should be real hot sprayed with Pam....and then cook like a regular pancake

TOP with:
    Sugar free syrup and banana or raspberries
    and dollop of plain Greek yogurt to spread around the pancake and sprinkle some splenda on top of the yogurt

ENJOY!

MAKES 3 BIG PANCAKES! so good for 3 meals.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Oat Pancakes:

1 cup oats
    1 cup egg whites
    1 cup fat free cottage cheese

splash of water if need be for batter consistency
    Splenda all you want
    nutmeg, dash if you so desire
    drop of vanilla, if desired

First: Blend the oats in a blender until real powdery (no water just blend dry )
    Add all the above ingredients and blend until a good consistency for a pancake

Cook on griddle/pan which should be real hot sprayed with Pam....and then cook like a regular pancake

TOP with:
    Sugar free syrup and banana or raspberries
    and dollop of plain Greek yogurt to spread around the pancake and sprinkle some splenda on top of the yogurt

ENJOY!

MAKES 3 BIG PANCAKES! so good for 3 meals.
    That looks great! Think that will do me just fine alongside my protein shake in the morning. Il let u know how I go cooking it!

Wow you can cook too. If only you had your own UGL at home making juice then you would be pretty close to my perfect woman thread I made in the lounge, lol...

HA HA HA!! IF you only knew! These pancakes are about the ONLY thing I cook! But I will take the compliment anyway~
    Author Unknown

Lol :-)

Thread Information