Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member

Doc's revised Diet (Give it to me straight)

Ok first of all i will give you a link to my previous diet for those of you that dont remember...

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-Doc-get-to-12

What I had to do was get the total calories down a bit for the day and add something to my post AM workout meal so i could push all my meals back a little. Pretty much just added Pancakes into the first meal (thanks Slim) and changed Jasmine Rice to Basmati Rice and played around with the numbers.

Let me know what you think anyway

Stats
    Weight: 170 
    Height 5”8’
    Bf%: 14%
    Goals: Reach 12% and then reassess from there

5.30am

2 x Amino Acid tablets
    Black coffee
    Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    6.4g/4g/10g/67

GYM
    6am-7.20am

7.30am

Protein Shake
    200g - Oats
    Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    41g/9g/65g/510

10.30am

150g - Chicken
    50g - Basmati Rice
    15 x Almonds
    1 x Broccoli
    Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    54g/13g/34g/508

01.30pm

185g - Tuna
    75g - Sweet Potato
    200g - Cucumber
    Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    50g/4g/22g/200

04.30pm

150g - Chicken
    50g - Basmati Rice
    15 x Almonds
    1 x Broccoli
    Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    54g/13g/34g/508

GYM
    5pm-6.30pm
    06.30pm

Protein Shake (WPI SHAKE)
    Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    42g/0g/1g/180

08.30pm

5 x eggs (2 whole 3 egg whites)
    50g - Mushrooms
    Herbs and spices (Random stuff for taste)
    Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    23g/10g/4g/216

Total:
    Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    273g/51.5g/170g/2196

Let me know guys, as always open to any advice
    Last edited by Dr Pepper; 09-25-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Is that really ONE HUNDRED AND ninety two grams of carbs in your morning PWO meal? And is the protein in this meal all from whey?

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    I assume that your AM gym is a fasted cardio and not a full workout?
    IMO I would drop your carbs, those pancakes are killing your daily numbers.
    You dont like oatmeal?

Sorry guys, that was a MASSIVE typo. Its actually 73 grams of carbs not 192 grams. Changing the daily total to 178g... That one meal's carb total was bigger than my total carb intake for the whole day, lol... Thanks for pointing that out..

I dont mind oats had them plenty of times just changing it up a little...

Bump, no one??

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    With the goal in mind being to reduce bodyfat, carbs may be a bit on the high side IMO. Protein and fats both look pretty good.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Are you only having coffee before the gym? no food?

and why do the others think the pancakes are not okay when they are oats, egg whites and cottage cheese?
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    With the goal in mind being to reduce bodyfat, carbs may be a bit on the high side IMO. Protein and fats both look pretty good.
    yeh was thinking there a tad high, do u think i should just cut the whey shakes in the morning and have just the wpi? that would take about 70 carbs of the daily total?

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Are you only having coffee before the gym? no food?

and why do the others think the pancakes are not okay when they are oats, egg whites and cottage cheese?
    Yeh slim just coffee no sugar and a drop of skim milk before gym, no food!, that cool?

Yeh i dunno but im happy with the pancakes, what do u mean with the eggs and cottage cheese?

What, exactly, is in your morning protein shake?

And how and why are you taking in 87 calories BEFORE your morning cardio?

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    What, exactly, is in your morning protein shake?

And how and why are you taking in 87 calories BEFORE your morning cardio?
    It's actually 67 and I dunno it's just what I got off calorieking.com for a coffee with low fat milk.

What do u mean what's in my protein shake? What else do u need to know bedsides the macros?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
    It's actually 67 and I dunno it's just what I got off calorieking.com for a coffee with low fat milk.

What do u mean what's in my protein shake? What else do u need to know bedsides the macros?
    But your coffee is black? If so, there aren't any calories.

What is the protein type, whey? egg? casein? A combination. What type of carbs go in with this, any?

Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I personally believe you could cut bodyfat more effectively by incorporating a 4 day carb cycle. For example,

Day 1: 50g carbs
    Day 2: 100g carbs
    Day 3: 150g carbs
    Day 4: 75g of carbs

Also following the idea of 1.5g of protein per pound, I would suggest hitting at least 255g of protein a day. Personally, I would strive for at least 275g to ensure the muscles are being given enough protein.

But your coffee is black? If so, there aren't any calories.

What is the protein type, whey? egg? casein? A combination. What type of carbs go in with this, any?
    Yeh its just a whey and casien mix shake mate... just that and the pancakes after my workout... Carbs in it, oat flower, waxy maize, few others but thats about it...

Yeah this coffee is annoying me. All im having is a black coffee with a bit of skim milk. Not sure if your familiar with calorieking, but its what i use. And its telling me that its between 60-220 cals for a black coffee. There all differant. And my coffee has no macro information

So you think is 0 cals?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabody View Post
    I personally believe you could cut bodyfat more effectively by incorporating a 4 day carb cycle. For example,

Day 1: 50g carbs
    Day 2: 100g carbs
    Day 3: 150g carbs
    Day 4: 75g of carbs

Also following the idea of 1.5g of protein per pound, I would suggest hitting at least 255g of protein a day. Personally, I would strive for at least 275g to ensure the muscles are being given enough protein.
    Honestly mate iv never really tried any carb cycling... Iv just finsihing making all my meals for this month so il see how I go for this month and then go from there. Thanks for your input though, great advice...

GB waiting to hear back on how i can strip some more carbs of the total... What does anyone else think about replacing the AM whey shake with a WPI...?

Yeh its just a whey and casien mix shake mate... just that and the pancakes after my workout... Carbs in it, oat flower, waxy maize, few others but thats about it...

Yeah this coffee is annoying me. All im having is a black coffee with a bit of skim milk. Not sure if your familiar with calorieking, but its what i use. And its telling me that its between 60-220 cals for a black coffee. There all differant. And my coffee has no macro information

So you think is 0 cals?
    Coffee calories are negligible. A few clas for black coffee plus whatever skim milk you have in it. You can work out the milk cals easy enough but skim milk has virtually no fat. Can I say, before an am cardio session i take a 200mg caffeine pill. Don't enjoy black coffee so it's a good strong caffeine hit without sticking milk an cup.

As for swapping the am protein shake to a WPI, if you do this, the protein will be used within an hour and you'll need to add another protein source anyway. As you are already having a concentrate (which includes Iso) plus casein, I would leave as is.

As for dropping carbs, why don't you limit you post am carbs to 50g. Eat a complex carb next for your pre pm workout - 150g sweet potato, and then add 50g powdered oats to your PWO afternoon shake. 3 lots of carbs only giving you about 130g in total.

I'm still not sure about some of your macro's. 185g of tuna is gonna give you waaaaaay more than 24g protein. Though I think your protein in that meal could do with being upped.

Yeh slim just coffee no sugar and a drop of skim milk before gym, no food!, that cool?

Yeh i dunno but im happy with the pancakes, what do u mean with the eggs and cottage cheese?
    Don't you think you need some food before you workout in the gym? I would think so. Wondering why you aren't.

And as far as the pancakes....arent they made with egg whites? plus some cottage cheese? and of course the oats. Seems to me they would be fine while trying to lose BF.....worked for me....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Don't you think you need some food before you workout in the gym? I would think so. Wondering why you aren't.

And as far as the pancakes....arent they made with egg whites? plus some cottage cheese? and of course the oats. Seems to me they would be fine while trying to lose BF.....worked for me....
    Slimmer, his morning gym workout is actually low intensity fasted cardio.

Dr, wanna check the macro's on meals 2 & 4, particularly protein content. If your 150g of chicken is uncooked weight, you are looking at about 34g of protein. PM me your email addy and I'll let you have my 2100cal cutting diet that has carbs in FIVE meals!

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Judging by his replys and macros, he is not using GB pancakes. I think they could be generic ones. If they are I'd drop them, mainly because I love my oats in the morning.

Dr, wanna check the macro's on meals 2 & 4, particularly protein content. If your 150g of chicken is uncooked weight, you are looking at about 34g of protein. PM me your email addy and I'll let you have my 2100cal cutting diet that has carbs in FIVE meals!
    Had no idea....thought DocP was working out and not just fasted cardio...

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    Judging by his replys and macros, he is not using GB pancakes. I think they could be generic ones. If they are I'd drop them, mainly because I love my oats in the morning.
    what pancakes are you using? Oats or something else?
    Author Unknown

I'm lost SM. I'm not the OP. I eat oats.

I'm lost SM. I'm not the OP. I eat oats.
    I know..LOL! this question was for the real OP.....DrPepper....sorry for the confusion
    Author Unknown

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Doc, you have so many good peeps here advising, i'm not sure what I can add. Let me know what I can help with specifically, if anything.

Coffee calories are negligible. A few clas for black coffee plus whatever skim milk you have in it. You can work out the milk cals easy enough but skim milk has virtually no fat. Can I say, before an am cardio session i take a 200mg caffeine pill. Don't enjoy black coffee so it's a good strong caffeine hit without sticking milk an cup.

As for swapping the am protein shake to a WPI, if you do this, the protein will be used within an hour and you'll need to add another protein source anyway. As you are already having a concentrate (which includes Iso) plus casein, I would leave as is.

As for dropping carbs, why don't you limit you post am carbs to 50g. Eat a complex carb next for your pre pm workout - 150g sweet potato, and then add 50g powdered oats to your PWO afternoon shake. 3 lots of carbs only giving you about 130g in total.

I'm still not sure about some of your macro's. 185g of tuna is gonna give you waaaaaay more than 24g protein. Though I think your protein in that meal could do with being upped.
    Yeh I don't mind the taste of coffee so I think il stick with it, but I will adjust the cals on that one to no more than 5... Your right about the tuna it was more, adjusted now. Lucky your licking up all this stuff. I wrote it a bit rushed Friday night before work.

I will look into the carb thing like you said and try and adjust my meals...

Nah there just the generic ones but il look into changing that... Yeh no food in the am for my fasted cardio :-)

Yeh I adjusted meal 4 with the tuna and meal 2 with the chicken is correct. It's 150g weighed chicken after it's been cooked... PM you aswell

What's GB pancakes?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Doc, you have so many good peeps here advising, i'm not sure what I can add. Let me know what I can help with specifically, if anything.
    No worries mate will do. Thanks

Nah there just the generic ones but il look into changing that... Yeh no food in the am for my fasted cardio :-)
    yep...time to change to the oat panackes....

What's GB pancakes?
    Possibly Gbrice?
    Author Unknown

yep...time to change to the oat panackes....

Possibly Gbrice?
    Where doi find these pancakes? Lol I'm such a newb

Where doi find these pancakes? Lol I'm such a newb
    Yeah I thought it was Gbrice's recipe, maybe baselines

Its cottage cheese, rolled oats, egg whites and protein powder. Add water for consistancy if needed. You can play around with measurements. Basically cup each oats and cottage cheese, couple scoops protein powder.

Blend oats until powder, add egg whites(about 6) then cottage cheese and protein. options- splender, vanilla, blueberries suger free syrup. They freeze well, so make a big batch.

Yeah I thought it was Gbrice's recipe, maybe baselines

Its cottage cheese, rolled oats, egg whites and protein powder. Add water for consistancy if needed. You can play around with measurements. Basically cup each oats and cottage cheese, couple scoops protein powder.

Blend oats until powder, add egg whites(about 6) then cottage cheese and protein. options- splender, vanilla, blueberries suger free syrup. They freeze well, so make a big batch.
    I thought iv seen this somewhere... You would happen to know the thread so I can get the macro's for it?

Make them to suit your macros. Need more carbs? up the oats.

Doc, can you post your workout schedule for me. ie what does you do am cardio, what days you do weights and what bodyparts and any cardio that you do after your weights, if any.

Doc, can you post your workout schedule for me. ie what does you do am cardio, what days you do weights and what bodyparts and any cardio that you do after your weights, if any.
    Hey mate

In the AM I do 40mins low/medium intensity cardio on the treadmill followed by 15 mins in the steam room

In the PM. Keeping in mind I don't train upper body because I'm recovering from a tendon injury

Iv just started a couple of upper body exercises for recovery of my injury only, not muscle building.

Monday - Tricep Pushdowns, Forearm curls, Calves, 20mins Cardio, 15mins steam room

Tuesday - Abs, 20 mins cardio, 15mins steam room

Wednesday - Quads, hamstrings, 20 mins cardio, 15 mins steam room

Thursday - Same as Monday

Friday - Same as Tuesday

Sat and Sun - Off
    Last edited by Dr Pepper; 09-12-2011 at 03:32 AM.

What level of intensity is your PM cardio? Are you doing HIIT?

What level of intensity is your PM cardio? Are you doing HIIT?
    Nah I'm not doing HIT. Just keeping my heart rate similar to the AM cardio. 140bpm.

U have any better ideas?

After your leg session low intensity cardio is fine.

If you can do 30 mins HIIT on the other days, then you'll notice a difference to your fitness as well as your bodyfat levels. 30 mins HIIT for me includes warm up and cool down. 20 mins of real HIIT is enough for most, especially if you are doing other forms of exercise.

You have a PM!

Oat Pancakes:

1 cup oats
    1 cup egg whites
    1 cup fat free cottage cheese

splash of water if need be for batter consistency
    Splenda all you want
    nutmeg, dash if you so desire
    drop of vanilla, if desired

First: Blend the oats in a blender until real powdery (no water just blend dry )
    Add all the above ingredients and blend until a good consistency for a pancake

Cook on griddle/pan which should be real hot sprayed with Pam....and then cook like a regular pancake

TOP with:
    Sugar free syrup and banana, raspberries or blueberries
    and dollop of plain Greek yogurt to spread around the pancake and sprinkle some splenda on top of the yogurt

ENJOY!

MAKES 3 BIG PANCAKES! so good for 3 meals.

ps: I use regular old-fashioned oats, not rolled oats as they tend to be much tougher like a cardboard consistency
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 09-12-2011 at 09:34 AM.
    Author Unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information