Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    new2juice204 is offline New Member
    tyty 308 fit a shirt i dont think i fit in the last 2 years feelin good feelin really good long way to go though

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by new2juice204 View Post
    tyty 308 fit a shirt i dont think i fit in the last 2 years feelin good feelin really good long way to go though
    yippy!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

well 305 ... i fit jeans i cldnt button up before .. 5 more lbs till im out of the 3's!!!!!! feeling a little fatigue during weight lifting might need to eat more carbs or something a few hours before working out.

think its been 6 weeks now so averaging like 5 lbs a week shld this number be higher or am i on a good steady pace

well 305 ... i fit jeans i cldnt button up before .. 5 more lbs till im out of the 3's!!!!!! feeling a little fatigue during weight lifting might need to eat more carbs or something a few hours before working out.

think its been 6 weeks now so averaging like 5 lbs a week shld this number be higher or am i on a good steady pace
    Fitting into your jeans? FANTASTIC!
    and I have learned the hard way to make sure I eat enough before going to the gym so you might want to eat a bit more
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    At your weight 5lbs a week is fine. That will slow over time but don't sweat that, even when you slow to 2lbs a week that's still LOSING!

Wanna list your current daily daily diet and where your workouts fit in and we'll take a look.

Keep it going man, those 200's are calling loud!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    glad to see and read about your progress. consistency is the key to this stuff so keep it up! a whole cheaper than surgery!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    At your weight 5lbs a week is fine. That will slow over time but don't sweat that, even when you slow to 2lbs a week that's still LOSING!

Wanna list your current daily daily diet and where your workouts fit in and we'll take a look.

Keep it going man, those 200's are calling loud!
    my scheadule is always changing but what i have been doing is wake up relax for an hour or two then do a 15-20 minute bike ride then have some egg whites and either brown rice or shake then during the next few hours ill have an orange with a banana or an apple with a banana life weights in the evning then have a shake then ill eat some chicken and brown rice .

some days i eat less

^^ do you think you are eating enough?
    Author Unknown

sometimes yes and somedays no. but its a learning process haha

it is a learning process. a few months ago i thought i was eating enough and once i added everything up, was way under from what i needed, macro/calorie wise. once i got it back to a good number, i dropped 2 lbs the next week. keep it big guy!

I hear ya. Just want to make sure since you want to keep your metabolism up. It is a learning curve for sure. DAILY. And consistency will do the trick.

Try to at least have 1200 calories...AT LEAST..... or this could backfire....PLEASE
    Author Unknown

ok i will do for sure thanks def need my metabolism to stay up

my scheadule is always changing but what i have been doing is wake up relax for an hour or two then do a 15-20 minute bike ride can you not get on a bike straight away for 20-30 mins then eat? then have some egg whites and either brown rice or shake then during the next few hours ill have an orange with a banana or an apple with a banana PROTEIN AT EVERY MEAL. VERY TIME YOU EAT IT'S A MEAL, SNACKS DON'T EXIST! life weights in the evning then have a shake then ill eat some chicken and brown rice .

some days i eat less
    Slimmer suggests 1200 cals at least. I would suggest closer to 1800. Consistently every day. You'll still lose a ton of weight and not harm your metabolism. Are you supplementing with anything other than a shake? Vitamins? EFA's? ANything?

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Slimmer suggests 1200 cals at least. I would suggest closer to 1800. Consistently every day. You'll still lose a ton of weight and not harm your metabolism. Are you supplementing with anything other than a shake? Vitamins? EFA's? ANything?
    I agree with this even more....was trying to make sure AT LEAST 1200 as a bottom line since it appeared it wasn't even close to 1200 but could be mistaken....yes closer to 1800 would be better...absolutely agree SteM
    Author Unknown

hey late response been a lil busy . i am taking a MV daily but havent taken it in about a week becouse its really gross tasting lol. just shakes and other food im adding in other things to my diet since i dont eat as many meals a day to get my calories higher,

feels like im starting to slow down in weight loss stuck at 302/304 maybe i just need to get more active.

Well, we don't really know how much you eat or when so it would be good if you could tell us that rather than just a generalisation.

And you really need to be upping the cardio, getting it to 45-60 mins each time will help enormously.

you are probably stuck because you are not eating enough!!!! at 300, you should be eating more to ramp up your metabolism. if you are not eating enough, then how is your metabolism going to stay ramped up???

^^ I agree. What is your guess as far as calories. This would sure help a lot to know. Whatever you are doing can be worked with so lets find this out so we can move forward and get those pounds off off off!
    Author Unknown

ok im guessing here but i wake up have 2 scoops of a shake at 140cal each scoop 1gf 1.5 carb so 280/2/3

lunch can of tuna with low fat/cal mayo 2 tsp at 16 cal a tsp

shake post work out 1 scoop with 8 oz skim milk 140/1gf/1.5carb sk milk is 60 or 80 cal per cup

and for supper id guess maybe 400 calories

so all together im assuming any where from 1000/1500 a day after an apple orange here n there and a shake at night if im hungry

i think it comes down to cardio i been under the weather and havent done cardio for 4 days or worked out in 5 this is my guess why ? weighed 301 first thing in the am after morning pee then 303 after lunch.

im able to go 20-30 min on the bike just need to get my focus again and kick this colds butt and bike 3 times a day at 20 min each

1000 calories a day!!! dude, you need to be eating somewhere near 2800 or more! i burn 1000 cals sometimes during my long workouts. you really need to up your cals slowly, then we can bring them back down. you are starving yourself!!! your body is going to want to hang on to the fat, instead of burn it. meantime, get that cold whipped and get your nutrition in check!

went to see a nutritionist today gave her my daily diet she said im doing good but i shld add in alot more veggies with my meals at least 3-4 times a day.Have another appointment nov 22 for an hour to really focus on my diet and what i shld and shldnt be doing.

as far as the 2800 calories i think your right but i dont think im any where close to as active as you are so would 1500-2000 calories a day ( on none work out days) be ok also ?

I am really learning to look at the calories of everything im eating and still learning about dieting and what not which is coming along.

what supplements shld i add to my diet besides the multi vitamen ? and i herd about benifiber that helps burn fat and get fiber to take 3 times a day would this be a good idea?

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Sounds like you are kicking *ss so far. Congrats. I lost 75 pounds once...it is totally doable, and you will feel amazing. Your diet might need to get more structure as you lose more weight, but right now it seams like you are killing it!

I agree with above - make sure you eat enough calories or it will get counter-productive. I starved myself and it was bad for my health. For example, I have been cutting recently and am down to 192 eating 1800 calories a day.

EDIT: my "for example" isn't the starving calorie count, it is my current calorie intake. When I was starving myself I got to the point where I was eating hundreds of calories a day with increasing amounts of "no food days." That, combined with obsessive exercise led to health issues and an intervention by my girlfriend (now wife).
    Last edited by JohnnyVegas; 10-19-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Sounds like you are kicking *ss so far. Congrats. I lost 75 pounds once...it is totally doable, and you will feel amazing. Your diet might need to get more structure as you lose more weight, but right now it seams like you are killing it!

I agree with above - make sure you eat enough calories or it will get counter-productive. I starved myself and it was bad for my health. For example, I have been cutting recently and am down to 192 eating 1800 calories a day.
    OP, listen to this dude who has lost lots of weight and learn from his mistakes.

As for your calorie intake 1800 should be your ABSOLUTE minimum at this stage. Get a plan and stick with it. Eat the same amount each day and not just add a shake if you feel like it. CONSISTANCY IS KING!

As for supplements? Stick with the multi vit (which hopefully has a multi mineral attached to it?) and eat your green fibrous veggies, brocolli, spinach, calabrese, sprouts, asparagus etc.

^^^^^^ times 1,000! what these guys said!!!!

on another note, lets see what this nutritionist tells him to do, kind of curious. and consistency is the magic to this stuff!

Glad we got the calorie count before it went on for too long. You really do need to up it to keep your metabolism up and running. If you do not have input then you will not have output. It is that simple.

So please try to eat a bit more. Please. You might not feel like it thinking you will lose faster but isn't the whole idea lifestyle change? The last thing you want to happen is to lose and have to start all over because your metabolism slowed down.

SLOW WINS THIS RACE.
    Author Unknown

weighd in at 299.8 this morning was happy but feel like my losses ar slowing down hopefully by monday ill weigh under 299 after breakfast which wld have me at about 297 on an empty stomach god the 200s havent seen that on the scale in about 2 maybe 3 years.

Wahooooo, the 200s! That is awesome.

Eventually your gains will slow a bit. It sounds counter-intuitive, but they can slow more if you eat too little. Your body realizes it is starving and fights to conserve. Eat a consistent calorie count, drink lots of water, do cardio as often as possible (a tough one for me) and you will constantly hit milestones...a smaller pant size, smaller shirt size, needing new belts and people realizing you look better. Plus, it is a big deal every time you pass a ten pound mark on the scale. If you are in the 290s, you only need to do it nine more times to be in the 190s. Keep your eyes open for those milestones as they can be a big boost when it feels like the entire world is doing everything it can to get you back on the wrong path.

Speaking of that, we are going into the holiday season. That means vendors dropping off candy and my mom sending cookies, fudge and brownies for the whole office. AND she sends a separate batch to the house. Did I already mention that the world will work against you?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    looks like I arriving late to this party!!! just wanted to say, well done so far. Looks like you are on the right road now. Looking forward to the new you!!!

weighd in at 299.8 this morning was happy but feel like my losses ar slowing down hopefully by monday ill weigh under 299 after breakfast which wld have me at about 297 on an empty stomach god the 200s havent seen that on the scale in about 2 maybe 3 years.
    WONDERFUL! FANTASTIC! I bet you are happy happy! KEEP it up Juice!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Wahooooo, the 200s! That is awesome.

Eventually your gains will slow a bit. It sounds counter-intuitive, but they can slow more if you eat too little. Your body realizes it is starving and fights to conserve. Eat a consistent calorie count, drink lots of water, do cardio as often as possible (a tough one for me) and you will constantly hit milestones...a smaller pant size, smaller shirt size, needing new belts and people realizing you look better. Plus, it is a big deal every time you pass a ten pound mark on the scale. If you are in the 290s, you only need to do it nine more times to be in the 190s. Keep your eyes open for those milestones as they can be a big boost when it feels like the entire world is doing everything it can to get you back on the wrong path.

Speaking of that, we are going into the holiday season. That means vendors dropping off candy and my mom sending cookies, fudge and brownies for the whole office. AND she sends a separate batch to the house. Did I already mention that the world will work against you?
    Love this JohhnyV!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    looks like I arriving late to this party!!! just wanted to say, well done so far. Looks like you are on the right road now. Looking forward to the new you!!!
    Got that right GGR!
    Author Unknown

haha woke up this morning did a 20 min fasted cardio then went to the scale didnt think i was going to hit my goal of under 300 with saturday and sunday to go was actually nervous as the scale was calculating but i did it 297.6 on empty stomache.Basicly 40 lbs down since signing up here even my libido is rising lol maybe from the new found confidance or just being alot healthier haha woohoo

also got my first non family/friend compliment from a lady i know asking if im losing weight yesterday saying i look alot healthier.

my goal was 250/240 by my birthday july and i think i can do this without surgery im excited but know there will be those days of doubt as i have them every 3 or 4 days but then days like today lift me back up. ups and down gonna stick to it THANK YOU all who have been here giving me advice and encouragment makes it alot easier

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Yo dude nice work. The complements really are a nice motivation. Stay focused and as it's been said consistency is key.

haha woke up this morning did a 20 min fasted cardio then went to the scale didnt think i was going to hit my goal of under 300 with saturday and sunday to go was actually nervous as the scale was calculating but i did it 297.6 on empty stomache.Basicly 40 lbs down since signing up here even my libido is rising lol maybe from the new found confidance or just being alot healthier haha woohoo

also got my first non family/friend compliment from a lady i know asking if im losing weight yesterday saying i look alot healthier.

my goal was 250/240 by my birthday july and i think i can do this without surgery im excited but know there will be those days of doubt as i have them every 3 or 4 days but then days like today lift me back up. ups and down gonna stick to it THANK YOU all who have been here giving me advice and encouragment makes it alot easier
    WOOHOO! from another lady! Love hearing this. And believe me. It is an up and down experience. If this were easy? Everyone on the planet would be doing it. Stay focused and you will meet your goal with JOY!
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    If this were easy? Everyone on the planet would be doing it. Stay focused and you will meet your goal with JOY!
    And it is apparent that everyone ISN'T doing it. It can be tough, but the rewards are HUGE! Keep it up.

Well done buddy.

Can I suggest you weigh BEFORE your morning cardio every time. You'll lose some water weight from sweating/increased breathing rate so it may throw your 'true' weight off slightly.

Compliments from ladies and improved blood flow from your weight loss sure are gonna help you with your libido!

Are you lifting weights yet?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    you are doing great!!!

glad to hear the good news! and it sounds as if you are enjoying life more. trust me, it will get even sweeter with time and more hard work, so keep it up!

happy halloween!
    Author Unknown

Happy Halloween! 294-295 heres to staying away from all the candy temptations lol

Happy Halloween! 294-295 heres to staying away from all the candy temptations lol
    I had one cookie today at a client's office and have no candy at the house. I am in the clear!

HOME FREE! Passed out the candy and not ONE BITE! NOTHING! AMazing......
    Author Unknown

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information