Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    new2juice204 is offline New Member

Hello folks advice?!?

Ok.. Sick and tired of being a obese pos... need to lose a 100 lbs.

i was thinking of ways to diet and exercise and what to eat? i am oblivious to dieting as can be attested to by my weight and am paying for it.

is it possible to drink protein shakes 3 times a day instead of eating and is that enough to fuel for muscle growth and weight loss ?

what are some foods that i can eat as much of as i need to feel full that wont make me gain weight.

im really looking to commit to bettering my lifestyle and gain some confidance for once about myself so any diet plans or tips will be welcomed and appreciated more then you know !! i am gonna be doing alot of reading on this section and try to learn what i need to know but im sure some of you are very knowledgable and can maybe save me some time.

thanks so much

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome mate your in the right place.

Can we start with your stats?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    You came to the right place to change your life. Learning to eat better will take some tweaking here and there along the way. I bet you are already eating some good foods which can be eaten over and over. The key is to find foods which are approved of around here that you like so you will stick to it. And consistency is also the secret to this.

If you like pancakes i will post up a recipe for you. I ate them almost every single day in my first 90 day challenge and LOST weight enjoying every single lickin bite~

Let me know and I will post it.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU. WILL follow your success.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    first of all, welcome, you came to the right place. now, it is up to you to where you want to go with this! go read thru some peoples threads and see what kinds of foods people are eating. also, the stickies at the top of the diet section are great and windex has a thread with some great articles to read and i suggest that you do. you need to write down everything you eat in a day and then count out calories/macros, so that we can help you get things straight. one big thing that helped me was signing up for a race or event that you can work towards. are you a member at a gym?

thanks for the replys means alot.

as for stats im guessing weight and height? im currently inbetween 320-325 fluccuating daily back n forth and 5 feet 9-1/2. i was at 340 2 weeks ago,have been doing weight training 4 times a week to get back into things and strengthen my muscles to the point where im no longer too sore after a woek out,

im not currently a member to a gym but am going to join one over the winter to make sure i get good consistent work outs and cardio.i have been eating mostly chicken breast brown rice and egg whites. drinking mostly water and taking a multi vitamen,mentaly tough to stay on but i really need to do this for my health and confidance,

are pancakes not to fattning ? my goal is to be 250 by june 1st and hopefully i can get close or past this goal.

the pancakes are legit since they are made with oats, egg whites and cottage cheese....

You might want to post up a sample of what you are eating now unless you are saying just the chicken, egg whites and rice. That is good. How many calories do you think you should try to eat? we want to make sure you are actually eating enough so your metabolism stays up. So to help out, please post up everything you are eating and how much you are eating and at what time of day for review to be tweaked. This is the best way to proceed....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Ok. id guess im eating about 10 tble spoons of rice and 3 chicken breasts for dinner and for lunch maybe 5 egg whites and 2 chicken breasts. i usually eat lunch around 2-5 pm and supper at 8-9 if im hungry at night ill have a banana or some fruit.

some times ill throw in a salad instead of rice and maybe a sub once or twice a week from subway if im out on the road. turkey whole wheat lettuce and light mustard. this is a huge improvment for me as before i wld eat fast food twice a day and drink alot of iced tea..and basicly didnt care about myself..

thanks for the replys

are you eating anything before 2 in the afternoon? is your lunch your first meal for the day? and if so, just 2 meals a day then?
    Author Unknown

yea pretty much i wake up around 12-1pm go to sleep around 4am 2 meals a day with a small snack before and after usually fruits and i try to work out either 4 pm or 7 pm

you need to go thru and write out a daily log with times and macros (protein/fats/carbs) for each food item. this will help you get it narrowed down so that it will be easier for you. from the looks of it, you are probably under eating. for starters, shoot for 6-7 meals a day at around 300-450 cals each. you may want to use a 45/40/15 split, meaning 45% of cals coming from protein, etc.......

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    As stated above, let's see a full day's diet including time for each meal, accurate macro nutrient info, workout schedule, etc. The more info you can provide, the more we can help. And be honest!!!!

well today i woke up at 130pm.. layed in bed for a half hour then went and ate two hand size checken breasts with tobasco sauce to dip lightly.. rode the bike for 15 minutes at 430. its now 6 i will probly do some weights at 7pm. when done take a protein shake and a multi then eat 3 chicken breasts. and if hungry later have some brown rice and another chicken breast.

was watching a video last night Milos Sarcev's Seminar to try and get a better idea of diets and what not.. weighd in at 323 this afternoon before i ate.

also im looking for drastic weight loss so is it possible to eat chicken breast all day as a diet take a multi some protein shake after a work out and lose weight FAST!!! ? im thinking of joining a gym within the next few weeks instead of wait till november when snowfalls. im off work for a year to make this goal and am thinking of spending my days from 3pm to 7 pm at the gym 4 days a week just to get down to 250 by next summer.. i dont care about taste or stuff like that im ready to just see the number fall off..
    Last edited by new2juice204; 09-13-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: added paragraph

So you can dedicate an entire year to this? terrific.

First thing is you need to eat many more times a day. This way your metabolism stays up. Are you getting up late now because of work? and if so, then once you are free of work can you start your day a bit earlier? or is this something which will be hard to change?

Protein drinks? I drink them for several reasons. Either right after fasted cardio or even now first thing when I get up or after cardio in the afternoon or I drink one if I am hungry or I drink them to keep my macros up if I feel I need to eat more for the day since eating too little is actually worse and counterproductive.

Can you go ahead and join the gym? Also....from home, could you get in 25 minutes of a fast brisk walk straight out the door first thing of the day before you do anything? I am talking about getting out of bed, put on your shorts and tennis shoes and literally go out the door 12 minutes one way and turn around and come back. Just a fast brisk walk. This walk does not have to be super high intensity. And if you did this starting as soon as possible you would start to see the BF melt off. So could you start doing this?

and are you taking steroids now or have you been before? and are you planning on taking them?....wondering....
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 09-13-2011 at 08:15 PM.
    Author Unknown

the waking up thing is hard to say but i can try my best i have a hard time waking up from being slight insomniac i cant fall asleep until really late and the sleep apnea wakes me up all night.looking to getting some kind of machine so i get better sleep.

as far as meals i can spread them out im sure but i tend to need alot to feel full.. something im trying to change i will try 4 meals a day. and a shake after work out

im planning on joining a gym within the next cpl weeks i never took steroids before but was in pretty good shape until i was 22 working out often and playing sports. my anti anxiety medication tends to make me feel really lethargic also so i was thinking of taking steroids to help get some energy and and endurance but was told not to in the other section because of high body fat my heart might not take it..

im not a morning person very lazy but will try to get on the bike or a 10-15 minute ride

spoonta66 is offline Associate Member
    Trust me on one thing mate, if you eat 6 meals a day you are never hungry for very long! I am currently dieting and I am eating the following, I only get hungry about 30 minutes prior to the next meal! You will probably get alot better nutrition as well.

Meal 1: ½ cup porridge + 6 egg whites

Meal 2: 150g grilled Chicken + vegies + almonds (or salad with olive oil)

Meal 3: 200g lean beef + 150g brown rice

Meal 4: 150g grilled Chicken + 100g baked sweet potato

Meal 5: 40g WPC

Meal 6: 150g grilled Chicken + broccoli + almonds

Meal 7: ½ cup L/F cottage cheese

Eat every 2-3 hours all day long!

I have dropped 68 pounds in 4 months on a similar diet last year, with a huge amount of exercise mind you. Unfortunatly this year it just isn't working for me, I was quite overweight when I did it the first time around 30%BF+. I am currently around 18% and the weight loss has started getting harder.
    Last edited by spoonta66; 09-13-2011 at 11:38 PM.

^^^^that is a pretty good diet for him to follow. this will give him somewhat of a guide to follow. now, what he needs to do is work out the macros for each and start to understand why he is eating what he is eating!

I think with this a basic Lifestyle change has to come. And the first thing that pops out in my mind to get the best bang for the buck would be to MOVE out the door first thing. If you could start doing this asap and I mean starting tomorrow and then let us know you did this, then you would start to change your metabolism which is key here. So....could you promise us out the door for a minimum of 20 minutes? Whether a brisk walk or bike ride? While the weather is still nice? Pretty please~
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by new2juice204 View Post
    the waking up thing is hard to say but i can try my best i have a hard time waking up from being slight insomniac i cant fall asleep until really late and the sleep apnea wakes me up all night.looking to getting some kind of machine so i get better sleep.

as far as meals i can spread them out im sure but i tend to need alot to feel full.. something im trying to change i will try 4 meals a day. and a shake after work out

im planning on joining a gym within the next cpl weeks i never took steroids before but was in pretty good shape until i was 22 working out often and playing sports. my anti anxiety medication tends to make me feel really lethargic also so i was thinking of taking steroids to help get some energy and and endurance but was told not to in the other section because of high body fat my heart might not take it..

im not a morning person very lazy but will try to get on the bike or a 10-15 minute ride
    Have you had any blood work ( BW) taken recently? And if so did they check your adrenals and cortisol levels? I would suggest to get your cortisol checked since you could very well have high cortisol at night which is keeping you up. I too get wired at night and have to watch this and nightly have to remind myself to try to get to bed before another wave of wide-awake comes in.

Please stay away from the steroids. It is more than your heart here. If you took steroids now at such a high BF you would end up even MORE bloated and gain more weight plus the risk of gyno would be very high.

And the "L" word does not get us much of anywhere. This mindset needs to be reprogrammed. Reverse it as soon as you can. This whole process is baby steps. And consistency. And trying is the first step of all. And you came here so let's get this all sorted out so you can start to live a healthy life.
    Author Unknown

feeling really drained today another late night and late wake up.. ate 2 chicken breast for lunch about an hour ago will go on the bike for 10-15 minutes.

reading all your replys and trying to soak them in appreciate it all tremendously btw having a kinda tempting day but wont cheat on myself and im going to avoid the steroids until i can get my diet and lifestyle corrected first.

will make a appointment some time soon to get blood work done and ask about those things.and slimmer thanks for the suggestion and encouragement

Sorry i'm late, trying to keep up with the huge influx of new posts lately! Welcome to the board mate, hope to see big things from you.

hello folks. well its been close too two weeks start weight was 335 today i weighed in at 320.8 some days i feel really strong others i feel weak overall i am happy and feelin better as far as health goes i have been looking into lap band surgeries to help me lose the weight and keep it off but thats 20 grand outta the pocket if i go through with it but whats money for health...still gonna work my pace i am and try to get it down naturally as im feeling pretty good about my self and not cheating.

hello folks. well its been close too two weeks start weight was 335 today i weighed in at 320.8 some days i feel really strong others i feel weak overall i am happy and feelin better as far as health goes i have been looking into lap band surgeries to help me lose the weight and keep it off but thats 20 grand outta the pocket if i go through with it but whats money for health...still gonna work my pace i am and try to get it down naturally as im feeling pretty good about my self and not cheating.
    personally, i do not agree with the lap band surgery. look at the progress you did without any advice! you lost some weight but now, you can take it to a whole another level! trust me, this shit is not easy. i am thinking that once you get your diet and workouts in straight/strict order, the weight will absolutely melt off of you. you prob have no energy because you are not eating enough to sustain a high energy level. you can do this and we will be here for support and advice. i am not as experienced as the other members here on this fabulous board, but i will help out the best i can! stay positive!

i feel you on the lap band, but its hard being 300+ lbs and staying motivated and they garuntee 50 lbs loss within 6 months,not arguing but that will be my last option if a fail this (not planning on failing) just gonna work my ass off and giver all i got just finished a 30 minute weight lifting workout and took my protein shake will have a can of tuna and lettuce in about an hour maybe two.

wish i took care of my self and didnt get to this point but we all know that feeling.cant wait to see the scale under 300 i will be so happy then

NEwJuice: do you want to start another thread where you log in DAILY as to what you are eating and when? plus workout included? this might help a lot. It did me. And I still do log in when I feel I need to do so. Keeps me focused.
    Author Unknown

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    i feel you on the lap band, but its hard being 300+ lbs and staying motivated and they garuntee 50 lbs loss within 6 months,not arguing but that will be my last option if a fail this (not planning on failing) just gonna work my ass off and giver all i got just finished a 30 minute weight lifting workout and took my protein shake will have a can of tuna and lettuce in about an hour maybe two.

wish i took care of my self and didnt get to this point but we all know that feeling.cant wait to see the scale under 300 i will be so happy then
    Dude, you just lost 14lbs in 2 weeks! Keep up the good work for 6 months and you will get a biiger loss than the lap band guarantee, be healthier in the long run AND save yourself 20grand!!!!!

Keep at it man, you'll be under 300 soon.

And a daily log, as Slimmer suggests, of food and exercise, including timings will do you the world of good. Keep on it, dude!

^^^ excellent advice.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    ^^^ excellent advice.
    X 3!!!! just stay at i am sure that you will exceed the 50 pounds in 6 months! i am willing to bet on it if you are willing to stay sharp. also, 30 minutes of weight lifting but ZERO cardio??? cardio is one thing that you really need to be focusing on. you need to be doing at least an hour a day for 5-7 days. doing that alone, you will see a major difference in your body and your energy level.

You can EASILY do 50lbs in 6 months... hell I did it, even while doing it all wrong. Done properly, you can do it - and feel great about the progress!

You will also get a supreme satisfaction knowing you did it all by yourself. No help, no cheats, no easy way out - good old diet, exercise, and the WILL TO CHANGE.

thanks for the motivation all of you its really uplifting and good to see i was busy today and had some work to get done on a renovation so i havent gotten any work out in but didnt cheat or eat anything unhealthy i was surprised how good i felt today and feel happy about my progress.

as far as a thread for logging results and daily routine that will come as soon as im settled and get a gym mebership (soon) i didnt think id ever be able to lose weight but this has opend my eyes and im pretty sure i can acheive this

thank you all

thanks for the motivation all of you its really uplifting and good to see i was busy today and had some work to get done on a renovation so i havent gotten any work out in but didnt cheat or eat anything unhealthy i was surprised how good i felt today and feel happy about my progress.

as far as a thread for logging results and daily routine that will come as soon as im settled and get a gym mebership (soon) i didnt think id ever be able to lose weight but this has opend my eyes and im pretty sure i can acheive this

thank you all
    Glad to hear this bro. I'm more than pretty sure, i'm positive!

How you getting on new2juice?

weighed in at 315 this morning 20 lbs so far people already noticing it and that kinda gives me more motivation lol.. i have been tempted to grab a choc milk but havent cheated and been having very good will power but i looove choc milk haha

food is boring but im no longer eating for boredom and im getting full alot faster than i used to.my sanity is subways turkey on rye sub with jalapenos light low fat honey mustard its like 500 calories for a 12 inch the grams of fat are low not sure if this is bad or not any ideas?i been having it once a week

You are down 25lbs in 4 weeks?! Ha ha ha, top work dude, I'm proud of you.

Are you feeling like you have more energy, easier to get of bed? Are you keeping a log of what you eat?

Joined that gym yet?

And we all like a bit of sanity in our diets. I cheat once a week when cutting, and I'll wager it's a worse cheat than your sub! But once a week is enough!

congrats on the poundage lost so far! as stem stated, how is your energy level? workouts? glad to see that you are moving in the right direction, just stay focused!

i see that you love chocolate milk, how about you go get some chocolate flavored protein powder and that should fix that craving right there!
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 09-26-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Sounding better and better~

How many calories are you taking in? any idea?

Keep us posted.
    Author Unknown

thanks for the kind words. as far as calories i am assuming im under 2500 a day maybe even 2000 all i been eating is chicken breasts lol.energy is totaly getting better and im sleeping alot better too of course theres days where i feel tired and un motivated but thats just mental feeling really good.

i bought some new protein powder cookies n cream ill see how i like that thanks for the idea maybe ill buy a few diff flavours i havent joined a gym yet but made an appointment with a diet nutritionist just waiting for an open spot see what they recomend and take it from there.

i think within another 4 weeks 300 is my goal work outs need to be intensified im thinking of getting a personal trainer for a cpl months once i join the gym to give me some pointers and what i should be doing,

Glad i found this site reading it keeps weight loss focus on my mind

glad you are focused and wanting some help. are you doing fasted cardio? how much cardio are you doing? 2-4 day out of the week i do two-a-days, in which i do fasted cardio AM and then do a 3-6 mile run later that evening/ or do HIIT. google the spartacus workout, its a simple workout that you can do at home. what you really need to be focusing on is cardio, cardio , cardio! trust me, it melts the fat off of you!
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 09-27-2011 at 03:15 PM.

^^^ x a trillion. Especially the fasted cardio. Melts off. And just a low intensity brisk walk out the door will do it.
    Author Unknown

310 keepin it simple

Well done sir. Simple is working!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information