nguadagno is offline Associate Member

Eating on A Timeline *Please Help*

okay im a 19 year old, soon to be 20, who goes to college 3 days a week for long hours, from 10 in the morning to 9 at night, i was wondering, in a situation like this, how would you eat sufficient meals, i am unable to go home

the cafeteria does have a microwave but i just feel like leaving meals with meat and potatoes in my car in the heat will just not be a good idea

how would you guys go about doing this? i dont want to go out to eat every two hours and waste 20 bucks or more a day on food, and besides, the only places around me are bullshit DD's or subways with shit food

advice needed please

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    You do the best you can to eat quality whole food throughout the day. In the times you cannot, have a backup plan. Protein shakes, homemade protein/oat bars (check the recipe sub forum), homemade protein banana walnut muffins (my fav, also in the sub forum), beef jerky, etc. You have plenty of options at your disposal.

the most i ever eat that are even close to good food, which should say something in itself, are like bagels, and taylor ham egg and cheeses (jersey thing) and subway sandwiches, and i dont wanna eat that shit cause i know what to eat, i guess i can start eating beef jerky or protein shakes but i dont wanna drink like 5 protein shakes every monday and wednesday it wont even fill me up

Quote Originally Posted by nguadagno View Post
    the most i ever eat that are even close to good food, which should say something in itself, are like bagels, and taylor ham egg and cheeses (jersey thing) and subway sandwiches, and i dont wanna eat that shit cause i know what to eat, i guess i can start eating beef jerky or protein shakes but i dont wanna drink like 5 protein shakes every monday and wednesday it wont even fill me up
    Taylor Ham, egg and cheese is the shit!! Look at my location bro!

If you've been eating what you've mentioned, then just making it through school isn't your only problem - you need a complete diet overhaul. Like I said - healthy/proper whole foods whenever possible (sorry, pork roll ain't cuttin' it!), and make it work when you can't eat the good stuff. A protein shake (use a blend, not straight whey. Something with casein would be best) with raw oats dumped in can be pretty filling. The oats expand in your stomach and keep you full for a while. It's my PWO drink every day.

well i have a planned out diet, thats why eating shit like that kills me cause i know its not good for you hahaha

new jersey, thats whats up hahah nothing like a jersey taylor ham egg and cheese hahaha

but do you grind those up prior? they dont seperate and get disgusting? if they dont ill do that, but i can do that for like 5 meals? isnt that bad, and i have both whey and casein powder, both "ON" brand

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Mate I leave my house at 6am and get home around 7.30pm. 13 hours roughly I'm away from home. I freeze all my meals for the week. Each night I take as many meals as I need for the next day out of the freezer and put them in the fridge. Iv got a cooler bag that I put all my meals into for the day. During winter by the end of the day my last meal is STILL cold, I microwave it and I'm good to go. In summer I put two frozen ice blocks (plastic covered) in with the bag, and that keeps it cool the whole day... My biggest problem is the people I work with don't understand why I have to eat so much...

Point is if you really want it you can have it. You just have to work around things to make it happen.

do you cook everything the night before or the week before?

I actually cook my meals once a month. 100 something meals at once. Put them all in a big chest freezer and pull out what I need for the next day... I used to do it every week. Doing once a month is time/money saving. And the last meal I eat is still as fresh as the first one I had.

i wish i could do that hahah

U can brother...

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    I prepare enough food for the day, and pre cook in batches, ie a sack of potatoes, 6 chicken brests etc

JAB1 is offline Member
    Yeah same here, cook for atleast a week at a time, pre-bag my portions and then just throw in the next days meals inmy cooler bag every night. Works great, eat perfectly and its cheap(as cheap as eating this much can be).

yeah okay im def just gonna start cooking a week in advance, but your food doesnt go bad after a week in the fridge? meat just chillin there?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Taylor Ham, egg and cheese is the shit!! Look at my location bro!

If you've been eating what you've mentioned, then just making it through school isn't your only problem - you need a complete diet overhaul. Like I said - healthy/proper whole foods whenever possible (sorry, pork roll ain't cuttin' it!), and make it work when you can't eat the good stuff. A protein shake (use a blend, not straight whey. Something with casein would be best) with raw oats dumped in can be pretty filling. The oats expand in your stomach and keep you full for a while. It's my PWO drink every day.
    just tried that, one scoop of whey, one scoop of casein, total protein 48 grams, full banana, 3/4 cup of oatmeal, and 12 ounces of milk, tasted delicious, i think thats the weight gainer ive been looking for hahah

just tried that, one scoop of whey, one scoop of casein, total protein 48 grams, full banana, 3/4 cup of oatmeal, and 12 ounces of milk, tasted delicious, i think thats the weight gainer ive been looking for hahah
    There ya go!!!

what do you think if i were to have that when i wake up, and as a PWO shake, too much use or is that good?

Personally i'd ditch the milk, but otherwise it's a damn good shake.

but i am trying to bulk up and i have SEVERE problems bulking and i feel like the milk will just be that extra umph that i need, im not worried about bloating or anything because the fall and winter are coming up and i wont be shirtless/running around naked anytime

rhino6218 is offline Junior Member
    dude i know its gross, but i cook chicken breast, let them cool and put in a ziplock and take with me to work and just reach and grab it and eat it room temp when im in a hurry at work. (we arent supposed to eat at work obviously) it will not hurt you. its a bit unpleasant to eat room temp food but it does the job for me. i did it all through my contest prep. and i just like measure out cups of shredded wheat or something thats measured and hurry and scarf it down in slow time. where theres a will theres a way!!

yeah my whole family makes fun of me for how much i eat and how fast i do it, i think im gonna start doing that, just bring the food to school with me in baggies

Quote Originally Posted by rhino6218 View Post
    where theres a will theres a way!!
    ^^^ this!

i just hate failing at it though, like when i give my diet a real shot and really try for some reason i always slack and cheat, i dont know why, but im really gonna try now

i just hate failing at it though, like when i give my diet a real shot and really try for some reason i always slack and cheat, i dont know why, but im really gonna try now
    You need to start being accountable for your actions. NOBODY can force you to cheat. You're the only person who can put food in your mouth, unless you're in a hostage situation (in which case I doubt they'll be thinking of feeding you).

You make it sound as if you have no say in the matter... phrases like "for some reason" and "I don't know why". The reason why is because you simply need to work on your will power.

Make a commitment, then stick with it. Set goals. Short term goals, with a longer term/larger goal down the road. Get past 1 hurdle at a time. Consistency is key in this game my friend. I am still learning that myself every day. Without it, you're really just wasting your time obsessing over a diet that will never yield the results you want.

It all boils down to this: how bad do you want it?

You need to start being accountable for your actions. NOBODY can force you to cheat. You're the only person who can put food in your mouth, unless you're in a hostage situation (in which case I doubt they'll be thinking of feeding you).

You make it sound as if you have no say in the matter... phrases like "for some reason" and "I don't know why". The reason why is because you simply need to work on your will power.

Make a commitment, then stick with it. Set goals. Short term goals, with a longer term/larger goal down the road. Get past 1 hurdle at a time. Consistency is key in this game my friend. I am still learning that myself every day. Without it, you're really just wasting your time obsessing over a diet that will never yield the results you want.

It all boils down to this: how bad do you want it?
    thanks for the advice dude i really appreciate it, i feel like your the only one sometimes who gives a shit about truly helping people out

thanks for the advice dude i really appreciate it, i feel like your the only one sometimes who gives a shit about truly helping people out
    You're welcome bro, and I appreciate that but it's far from true. There are many good people here who offer their time and help, day in and day out. Slimmerme? Stem? Twist? We have a whole cheerleader section (Sexy4, GGR, Qk, etc) Just to name a few (sorry if I left you out, I know there are many more!).

These guys will always offer their support and encouragement. Just hang tight bro, I know others will be along soon.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Thanks for the shout out! .... others did help out in this thread as well....

But Gbrice is called the diet guru for a reason.....

and the way for any of this to work? find foods you like and ways to make it work..... so you will do it~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

You're welcome bro, and I appreciate that but it's far from true. There are many good people here who offer their time and help, day in and day out. Slimmerme? Stem? Twist? We have a whole cheerleader section (Sexy4, GGR, Qk, etc) Just to name a few (sorry if I left you out, I know there are many more!).

These guys will always offer their support and encouragement. Just hang tight bro, I know others will be along soon.
    no absolutely most people on here are real helpful you just always seem to comment on my posts, but yeah i just need to figure out what works for me, i love that shake and i love just straight chop meat with low fat ketchup, and sweet potatoes, wow

no absolutely most people on here are real helpful you just always seem to comment on my posts, but yeah i just need to figure out what works for me, i love that shake and i love just straight chop meat with low fat ketchup, and sweet potatoes, wow
    Nothing wrong with chop meat (get a lean variety though, 94/6 at least IMO) and sweet potatoes. I think you mean low sugar ketchup? I have yet to come across ketchup with fat in it!

Nothing wrong with chop meat (get a lean variety though, 94/6 at least IMO) and sweet potatoes. I think you mean low sugar ketchup? I have yet to come across ketchup with fat in it!
    hahah yeah thats what i meant, yeah i like chop meat a lot, and then the classic steak but its gotta be fresh, i cant eat warmed up steak it gets like beef jerky....minus flavor plus shit

Thread Information