gypsy is offline Associate Member

My cutting diet with macros, please check

Hitting this diet with fasted AM cardio 6 days a week + 5x5 weight training 3 days a week. and cycling some clen . 2 on 2 off.

approx 204LBS, BF unknown? but I have top 2 abs only just visible, maybe 14-16% ??

opinions please on how I could improve this?

6.45AM - Cardio (walking)

7.30AM Meal 1:
    1/2 cup oats
    40gm whey
    1 t-spn natty peanutbutter
    1 1/2 cup of lite milk
    3 fish oil tabs
    pro:50 carb:61 fat:27

10:30AM Meal 2:
    green salad
    2 boiled eggs
    150gm chicken
    pro: 65 carb: 7 fat: 16

1:30PM Meal 3:
    150gm chicken
    1 cup rice or pasta or sweet potatoe
    Pro: 54 Carb: 45 Fat: 7

3:30PM pre workout:
    banana
    pro: 0 carb: 30 fat: 2

4.45PM Meal 4, post workout:
    1/2 cup oats
    40gm whey
    1 t-spn natty peanutbutter
    1 1/2 cup of lite milk
    banana
    pro: 50 carb: 90 fat: 26

7.30PM Meal 5:

200gm chicken or beef
    1 cup green veggies
    Pro: 51 Carb: 9 Fat: 7

olive oil for cooking is approx: 15gm fat also.

all meat is cooked with a bit of olive oil, also use fish oil caps & BCCA.

cals: 2500
    pro: 240gm
    carb: 230gm
    fat: 96gm

thanks!
    Last edited by gypsy; 09-16-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Can you list macro's for each meal and also list what time you eat them.

At a quick glance your fats are deffo too high. And somewhere you have some large carb quantities if you are splitting over 200g through 3 meals.

What is your goal?

a tad over 60gm's of carbs come from the bananas alone, and 30gm's of fat come from the natty peanut butter. not sure if I should lower these.

I will mod my original post shortly with individual macros.

meals start at 7.30am and are approx 3 hours apart. last meal would be around 8pm

Well, I reckon you are 30-35g over on your fat requirements so I would try and cut from your plan. I would also look to drop the bananas. Meal 3 should contain the necessary right type of carbs to fuel your workout.

Can you get your bodyfat checked? Or post some pics?

What is your goal?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Not in love with the diet, but as Stem said - edit your post to include accurate macros for each meal, and we'll scrutinize from there. Also include time of day for each meal, as well as workout. The more info provided, then better we can assist.

One note - I would not recommend following a 5x5 routine while running a cutting diet. Something like 10x10 would be much more suited to cutting IMHO. Higher rep ranges, shorter rests - keep the workout 'cardio' intensive. It will help shed more bodyfat. 5x5 is geared more towards strength and heavy lifts.

ok, macros and time added.

To be honest I am pretty keen to keep going with my 5x5, it's a routine that is really working for me and I enjoy heavy compound lifts. I am also fairly happy with the fasted cardio.

goal is to loose body fat whilst keeping as much muscle as possible. I am the dreaded 'skinny fat' so even when I weighted in at 155lbs I was puny but had a high bf%. I am now 204lbs after discovering food and gym and my bf% is lower but like I said I am only at the point where top abs are JUST peeking thru. I would like to shed down to 10%ish....

Busy at work today but, remove the PB and bananas.

Reduce PWO carbs to 60g and recalculate.

I think you need to more likely be about 2100-2200 cals.

I'll have check in later.

thanks mate, I have a pic too if you want to estimate bf? email or something?

Post a pic here or in members pictures section. Front, rear and the wheels if you can!

Oh, and as for 5x5 I wouldn't worry about it too much, you may retain strength a little better that way. But you may lose a little muscle. I'd love to be able to do 10x10 like gbrice with limited rest but that really doesn't work for me. It overtrains me and i get much weaker and lose too much muscle.

When I cut now my workouts one week are 6-8 reps and the alternate weeks are 10-12 reps. It keeps my strentgh and my muscle. All moves are compound with the exceprion of 2 isolation exercises on shoulders. Really, it's what works for you. You'll only know that the more you experiment with yourself.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    I'd love to be able to do 10x10 like gbrice with limited rest but that really doesn't work for me. It overtrains me and i get much weaker and lose too much muscle.
    Just wanted to clarify I'm not currently doing 10x10, and the last time I ran that routine was only for 2 weeks as a change up.

Interesting that you lose muscle/get overtrained on it though. Would like to have a look and what you were doing sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    When I cut now my workouts one week are 6-8 reps and the alternate weeks are 10-12 reps. It keeps my strentgh and my muscle.
    I've done a very similar regimen with great success. Alternating weeks of 4-7 and 8-12, starting at 2 sets per exercise working my way up to 5. Pretty killer sh!t by the time 5 rolls around.

Thread Information