yogiart is offline Junior Member

How do you stay motivated?

Hi,
    This thread is about motivation and keeping yourself motivated. Whether you seek bulk or cut, how do you stay motivated regardless of your work schedule, home chores, emotional ups and downs? Please speak from experience

Thank You
    Yogi

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I started posting pix on my diet thread of the wedding dresses Im looking at trying on in 6months and I have a ticker on the same thread that is counting down the days till our wedding

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    My motivation comes from many different things. for example, my appetite, training, having people in the gym watch me lift, MUSIC DOES NOT DO SHlT FOR ME, Hell even the Temperature of the Gym can be either demotivating or motivating, But to me my most important motivating factor is my determination, dedication to reach my goals.

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    I hate to come of eragent but what works best for me is flexing in front of the mirror.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    You got to want it more than anything, then you don't need motivation. You just keep going regardless. That's how it works for me.

Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What works for me is the thought that "I can do this". Knowing that I will one day be a bodybuilding champion is what keeps me going. Above all though is that I love this. I love bodybuilding and when I'm at the gym I'm having fun. Its my favorite activity. It is what makes my day complete.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabody View Post
    What works for me is the thought that "I can do this". Knowing that I will one day be a bodybuilding champion is what keeps me going. Above all though is that I love this. I love bodybuilding and when I'm at the gym I'm having fun. Its my favorite activity. It is what makes my day complete.

You summed up exactly how i feel!

Glad to help lol

Does anybody uses affirmations?

All the time... In my personal life outside of bodybuilding as well.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ^ this

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbulllock
    I hate to come of eragent but what works best for me is flexing in front of the mirror.
    I agree I stay motivated by seeing changes in my body from all the hard work!

juice box is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    what I do is wake up a hour early before my weight lifting partner picks me up take my energy drink and sit and watch Jay culter motivational training vidos I think the mind is the most inportant thing if you beleive it will happen it will.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Success motivates~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice box View Post
    what I do is wake up a hour early before my weight lifting partner picks me up take my energy drink and sit and watch Jay culter motivational training vidos I think the mind is the most inportant thing if you beleive it will happen it will.
    Lol i do the same. Except i am not that obsessed with Jay. Though i will admit i have all his DVDs.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    one thing that helps me stay motivated is reading thru people's threads on this website. so many positive people all trying to obtain a similar goal. another thing that helps me stay motivated is like minded people/friends!

Blog Entries
    bodybuilding is my thing so to speek so its easy to stay motivated when its what you love to do most...lifting is what i look forward to in my day so i cant wait to go most of the time...im lucky that i found a lifting partner a year ago who has the same sickness as me so thats even more motivation cus we push each other and we always show up...

busybody is offline Junior Member
    The best motivation...by far? making it a part of your daily routine. When people ask me how I stick to it like glue, I always tell them....
    I don't have a choice. If it's a lift day, then it's a lift day. and that's that. I treat lifting like a job. You can't not go to work...you
    can't not go to workout. that's the simplest and easiest way to do it. and once you get there, even if everything inside of you
    says nah, i don't wanna workout today, you tell yourself hey, you're already here and it's pointless to waste the gym time, so
    you better get into it. when you tackle it like that, it's easy

I find myself to be very obsessive and compulsive person. When I did body building in the past, I did not do anything else. I spent my time either planning meals, supplements, cycles, etc. Or in the gym or writing in the AAS forum. Once I put something else in my life like some serious study, I switched all my energy to just study. I am learning to balance everything. I like what busybody said, "if it's a lift day, then it's a lift day. and that's that." I am working towards this myself. So dieting, supplements, work, and other chores, just done as schedule, the rest of my time I'd like to spend in my creative hobbies like playing guitar, writing, meditating and Yoga.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    It used to be tough for me to stay focused - not motivated, but focused. Luckily, that has changed for me. I have started to take such pride in what I do, the hard work, and the fact that I look better than 95% of people I encounter day in and day out, that itself keeps me focused - I want to take it even further. I see some people hating on me because of how I look (you know how some dude's are) but I like it - that just makes me want it more.

Also, now that i'm 'aware' and 'in this game', I notice how out of shape the general population is. Where in the past i'd only notice a big fat guy, I now notice skinny guys who are so out of shape - slouched shoulders, belly sticking out further than their chest although they're relatively thin, etc. Just completely out of shape. Makes me proud of myself, I love standing out amongst them.

Hope this doesn't sound cocky; that's not my attitude at all. It's simply a new found pride in what I do.

busybody is offline Junior Member
    g....its funny that you said that, because i've noticed the same thing. even skinny people aren't looking all that great. really sad.
    i see these girls at my gym, they are tall and lanky, could be beautiful and built soooo nice, but they got baby muffintops hangin
    over and think they are so fine....
    I'm like man, you could be so much hotter....
    and yeah, like g said, to work at it, and really earn it, and to hear all the haters talk allllll that mess about how you don't look
    that good, and how this and that. right.
    I agree with g...I've been on a cut cycle for like a little over a month (prob 1.5), and to watch the fat come off and mass
    being slowly added...to see the weekly change. that's the icing.

Thread Information