--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer

Cant get any help! This sux

hows it going guys? i need help with my diet bad.. tired of working out 4-6 days a week and still being fat!! to start out i wanna say im getn my wife to put the calipers on me today so ill have exact bf later today (about 20-22%).. shes good at it..

36MALE
    5'9' 215LBS

2583cal/59/145/350p
    50%pro 25%carb 25%fat

meal1:481/13f/33c/61p
    2 eggs whole
    6whites
    3oz shrimp
    1c oats(cooked)
    2tbs. sug free jam

meal2:397/.3f/46c/54p
    2 scoops whey
    1 yam

LIFT

(pwo)meal3:220/0f/2c/52p
    2 scoops whey

(ppwo)meal4: 535/25f/27c/51p
    2cans tuna
    1piece whole wheat bread
    mayo(lite)2 tbs
    frozen mixed veg
    evoo(1tsp)

meal5:540/7f/36c/73p
    7oz chk breast
    1 orange
    12oz skim milk

meal6: 410/14f/2c/59p
    2 scoops whey
    2tbs natty pb

i really appreciate anyone whos willing to help me here
    Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    I'll get more into after work but try lowering your calories for starters. I'm 5-10ish 183lbs and taking in 1900 calories and losing 1lb a week. I'm around 13%. at your body fat level you should be losing 2-4lb the first few weeks then finally down to the 1-2lb per week. Are you doing cardio?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    3 days ago you said you were going to get us exact bodyfat. We are still waitting. The calculation at 20% by will be quite different to 25%.

Also be nice to know what times your meals and workouts are. And if you are sedentary at work or active.

Is the diet listed one you have been following or one you suggest you follow. If the former, what results are you having?

Get you bf readings and we'll try to help.

Bf:21.87%
    166.42lbs/LBM

The diet i used about 2 yrs ago that worked pretty well.. I lost like 20ish lbs and bf dropped to 16% then i hurt shoulder and had to quit lifting for awhile .. Then i tried to get going again and have had a hard time.. I can usually motivate myself pretty well but it sux when u make good progress and someth happens like an injury..

Startn tomorrow morning 40 mins fastd cardio at 530 prob wont eat first meal til 830 am.

Then meal 2 1030 am
    Noon lift / pwo
    2pm ppwo(meal 4)
    5pm meal 5
    9pm meal 6

Fasted cardio 4 days / week
    Lift 4 days/ week
    Evening cardio 2 days / week

Im just starting back hard.. Have been kind of half assing it for awhile but im tired of being fat and my shoulder is pretty well healed.. Had surgery in april .. Took awhile to get to like 95%.. plan on posting progress on here more as well as pics .. Thx for ur help

Also i sit on my butt at work all day

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    you need to replace to of your shake meals with real food. Also add some more green veggies in your diet.

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    and you could lower your calories if you are trying to shed weight

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Bf:21.87% That's VERY specific. Noted
    166.42lbs/LBM

The diet i used about 2 yrs ago that worked pretty well.. I lost like 20ish lbs and bf dropped to 16% then i hurt shoulder and had to quit lifting for awhile .. Then i tried to get going again and have had a hard time.. I can usually motivate myself pretty well but it sux when u make good progress and someth happens like an injury.. Agreed, I put on 18lbs over the summer after I put my back out. But the hard work is very much worth it.

Startn tomorrow morning 40 mins fastd cardio at 530 prob wont eat first meal til 830 am. Your body is crying out for nutrients on a morning. The longer you leave it the longer you will be catabolic. Finish your cardio and eat within 20 minutes.

Then meal 2 1030 am Yam = Good but I would add some chicken here with som brocolli and forget the whey
    Noon lift / pwo Add some carbs here - 40g worth in the form of oats
    2pm ppwo(meal 4) Lose the bread and mayo.
    5pm meal 5 Drop the orange and DEFINITELY drop the milk. Chicken, green veggies and some fish oil.
    9pm meal 6 Whey at bed time is a big no no no no no! I have a tub of cottage cheese that gives me about 35g of protein and a heaped teaspoon of pb.

Fasted cardio 4 days / week
    Lift 4 days/ week
    Evening cardio 2 days / week

Im just starting back hard.. Have been kind of half assing it for awhile but im tired of being fat and my shoulder is pretty well healed.. Had surgery in april .. Took awhile to get to like 95%.. plan on posting progress on here more as well as pics .. Thx for ur help
    Workouts look like the right balance. If you can add 20 minutes at the end of lifting then do so. For any of your cardio I would just say do it, at 20% you can handle moderate to high intensity rather than low intensity. Save that for when you are under 15%.

Re-work and re-calculate macro's for your diet and list it up again. I think you should be looking at 2200-2300 cals for now. See what it is and we'll see what we can add or remove accordingly.

stem thx for the input.. as far as cottage cheese should it be full fat, low fat, or fat free? will do on the macros.. just outta curiosity would u mind explaining why u said wat u said about moderate to high intensity cardio til under 15%bf then low intensity?? thx

oh yeh .. i really really like my coffee in the am which is (LOL) a 34 oz mug with about 2-3 oz french vanilla creamer(low fat) and 4 servings of truvia.. ????? did i say i really like it?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    stem thx for the input.. as far as cottage cheese should it be full fat, low fat, or fat free? will do on the macros.. just outta curiosity would u mind explaining why u said wat u said about moderate to high intensity cardio til under 15%bf then low intensity?? thx
    I personally use 1% milkfat cottage cheese. As for cardio - Stem can elaborate if he wants, but at a higher bodyfat, you run much less risk of burning LBM vs. bodyfat when doing med/high intensity cardio. Once you start leaning out, there's less fat to burn, and your body will be more inclined to hold on to it, therefore burning up LBM becomes more of a concern.

I personally still wouldn't do high intensity cardio fasted, regardless of bodyfat. Or, at the very least i'd have plenty of BCAA's in me.

oh yeh .. i really really like my coffee in the am which is (LOL) a 34 oz mug with about 2-3 oz french vanilla creamer(low fat) and 4 servings of truvia.. ????? did i say i really like it?
    I'd say drop the creamer - it's not just the fat, that stuff is loaded with sugar. Use fat free half and half if anything (if you can't handle skim milk for instance) and suck it up! Truvia/Stevia is fine.

thx GB.. i think ill just give coffee up for awhile..i know this is a diet section but could u suggest a good brand bcaa for me to get thats fairly accessible? also ive never used them b4 and dont know when and how to take them..for cardio in the am i use my elliptical machine and go about 60 rpms for 40 mins.. that sound ok for am fasted cardio? i work alot and its hard to find time to do everything.. i do my lifting at lunch (1 hr) which is gonna be alot of supersets/circuit usually 5 or 6 difft exercises with like 60-90 secs rest between supersets?? try to do 4 or 5 full circuits.. dont have time for cardio after lifting at lunch..which is why on lift days i planned on doing fasted cardio in the am.. oh and i plan to bump my am fasted cardio up to 60 mins over the next month.. i would say my heart rate during elliptical wkout stays about 150.. its usually between 54-60 at rest.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I've used Purple Wraath by Controlled Labs, and Xtend. Both are good - I like Purple Wraath better due to the little extra boost given by the beta alanine.

I take them any time i'm doing anything fasted, cardio, etc. You can also take them intra workout, and/or PWO particularly if you're not able to eat right after.

Hope this helps.

also is grilled chk breast ok if i grill it with bones and skin then remove the meat from the bone and remove skin as well and just eat the meat? it tends to be better than the skinless boneless but ill eat the skinless boneless if i have to

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    yes, grilled chicken breast is fine with bones and skin, just remove the skin before you eat it. the fats in the skin can actually bring out more flavor in the chicken, so go for it!

THATS good news.. can someone tell me the best formula for calculating my tdee since i now know my bf and lbm?? thx and also do yall think 50% protein 25%carb 25%fat is good numbers for me to start with???????

being an extremist i tend to think more protein+less carbs = more accelerated fat loss

search around on the stickies at the top of the diet section, i think the formula is in there somewhere. or just google it

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I personally use 1% milkfat cottage cheese. As for cardio - Stem can elaborate if he wants, but at a higher bodyfat, you run much less risk of burning LBM vs. bodyfat when doing med/high intensity cardio. Once you start leaning out, there's less fat to burn, and your body will be more inclined to hold on to it, therefore burning up LBM becomes more of a concern.

I personally still wouldn't do high intensity cardio fasted, regardless of bodyfat. Or, at the very least i'd have plenty of BCAA's in me.
    ^^^What he said. Exactly. I don't have an issue with fasted HIIT but I would having 10g BCAA, 5g glutamine, 1g Vitamin C and 10mg vit b6, washed down with that caffeine. he plus side is that your fasted cardio can be done in 30 mins if doing HIIT.

stem tdee is 3100 i used katch/mccardle formula 370+(21.6 x LBM in kg) so if thats the case then shouldnt i keep cals for day around 2500-2600??? for 500 cal deficit?

yes, if that is what your TDEE is. i think that is a lil high, but it depends on how active you are. start there and if you see no changes, drop some cals and see if it makes a difference.

stem tdee is 3100 i used katch/mccardle formula 370+(21.6 x LBM in kg) so if thats the case then shouldnt i keep cals for day around 2500-2600??? for 500 cal deficit?
    That is the formula I use. We have similar lean body mass and i cut at about 2200. And, as you sit on you ass all day 2300 is probably about right. But, as cajun says, start where you feel right. You will need to adjust to suit yourself no matter where you start anyway. Maybe larger changes to start and gradually smaller changes as you get more in tune with your body.

I would also state that I successfully cut to 10% having 40g of carbs in my first 4 meals. Correct carb choice is key to this but I would suggest you go with the recommendations above. Hit 40-50g of protein from each of the 6 meals. For your first 3 meals I would be looking at 40-50g of carbs too. Beyond that it's all about making the correct choices in your fat intake. If you take the upper levels stated for carbs and pro that gives you 1800 cals. That allows about 55g of fat to take you to 2300 cals. More fat, obviously, if you want to increase your cals. Rework your diet from there and list it and we'll review it.

wt =213lb/96.62kg
    bf= 21.87%
    96.62 x .2187 = 21.13kg fat (yuck)
    96.62 - 21.13 = 75.49 LBM

BMR = 370 + (21.6 x 75.49)
    370 + 1630.584 = 2000.584
    2000 x 1.55 (mod exercise 3-5 days/week)= 3100.9052

is this the correct? ANd if so then i strive for what 2500 cal/day = 600 cal deficit?

2500 x .50 pro =1250 cal pro/4 =312.5g pro
    2500 x .25 carb = 625 cal carb/4 = 156.25g carb
    2500 x .25 fat = 625 cal fat/9 = 69.44g fat

ii did the last post and u mustve been doing urs at same time.. if u say 2300 ill do 2300 just wanted to make sure math was rite

ok here goes:

2336cal/281p/165c/42f

meal 1:375cal/45p/31c/9f
    1c oats
    1whole egg
    4 large whites
    3oz shrimp
    1tsp sug free jam

meal2:409cal/46p/42c/5f
    5oz chk breast
    1C yam

meal 3pwo)365cal/58p/27c/2f
    1c oats
    2 scoops whey

meal 4ppwo)412cal/40p/46c/7f
    6oz 96/4 burger
    1c yam
    frozen veg(broc cauli asparagus pole beans)

meal5:345cal/46p/4c/0f
    2 cans tuna
    frozen veg
    1tsp evoo
    tbs dijon mustard

meal 6: 430cal/46p/15c/19f
    lowfat cottage cheese
    2 tbs natty pb

dont know where frowns came from

The maths is spot on. It's all about the multiplier so where you start is up to you really. As I said, you will adjust and readjust your diet a few times. to work out exactly what is best for you.

The next time you cut will be so much easier because you will know exactly where to start.

Now, let's see the new proposed diet!

the revised diet is 3 posts up ^^^^

I was gonna suggest your fats were low but you haven't included any macro's for the EVOO in meal5.

I'll have to trust your calculations as I don't work in oz or cups. Is the calc for 5oz of chicken giving 46g of protein correct? You have calculated all your macro's on uncooked weights?

I'd probably take your carbs from meal 4 and split them between meal 1 and 3. ANd add some brocolli to meal 2.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Workouts look like the right balance. If you can add 20 minutes at the end of lifting then do so. For any of your cardio I would just say do it, at 20% you can handle moderate to high intensity rather than low intensity. Save that for when you are under 15%.

Re-work and re-calculate macro's for your diet and list it up again. I think you should be looking at 2200-2300 cals for now. See what it is and we'll see what we can add or remove accordingly.
    i'm a big advocate of cardio post workout.. like walk from the weights to the cardio.. high intensity.. yes with high bf..

remember though after 400 cals you have exhausted your glycogen stores around your liver, so high intensity cardio could send you into a hypoglycemic state, so if you can go high intensity.. moderate to low will be great, but you should be ok..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

lets try this again

2292cal/273p/165c/57f

48%p/29%c/22%f

meal 1:375cal/45p/31c/9f
    1c oats
    1whole egg
    4 large whites
    3oz shrimp
    1tsp sug free jam

meal2:365cal/38p/42c/4f
    5oz chk breast
    1C yam

meal 3(pwo)365cal/58p/27c/2f
    1c oats
    2 scoops whey

meal 4(ppwo)412cal/40p/46c/7f
    6oz 96/4 burger
    1c yam
    frozen veg(broc cauli asparagus pole beans)

meal5:345cal/46p/4c/16f
    2 cans tuna
    frozen veg
    1tsp evoo
    tbs dijon mustard

meal 6: 430cal/46p/15c/19f
    lowfat cottage cheese
    2 tbs natty pb

the weight of the meat is measured after cooking

I would suggest you base ALL your macro's against the uncooked weight. If you take 2 chicken breast exactly the same weight and cook one for 10 minutes longer than the other, then that breast would (depending how you cook it) be lighter as it would have lost more water. So you have 2 cooked breast one 4oz and one 5 oz. They would have the same macro's but you would calculate them differently. It is just a failsafe way of getting it right.

i was wrong.. the chicken is measured after cooking the burger is measured before cooking

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    i'm a big advocate of cardio post workout.. like walk from the weights to the cardio.. high intensity.. yes with high bf..

remember though after 400 cals you have exhausted your glycogen stores around your liver, so high intensity cardio could send you into a hypoglycemic state, so if you can go high intensity.. moderate to low will be great, but you should be ok..
    I should add that, if I do HIIT after my weights I make sure that I sip on 10g BCAA's & 5g glutamine through my weights workout.

gotcha.. will do thx.. i got to change carb from meal 4 split between 1 and 3.. hows everyth else look?

glutamine comes in a powder that i can mix with bcaa powder and h20?

when is the best time to take bcaas? pre w/o or pwo?

All looks good, split the carbs and add some fish oil to meal 4.

glutamine comes in a powder yes. If you mix it with BCAA and just water you'll regret it. It's as btter as hell. I add some no sugar fruit cordial to it . Take pre fasted cardio and during weights session if doing cardio straight after.

cool..good deal thx alot man ill be posting stuff as i go thru this.. id like to get bf down where i wouldnt be embarrassed to take my shirt off by Christmas.. LOL... i appreciate u takn the time to help me and others on here im sur u spend alot of time helping.. thats cool..

Thread Information