Page 102 of 107 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,080 of 4241
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: --->>405<<--- accountability/progress log

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Good luck. 2 years old on Saturday buddy
    well it went ok. i stopped a bit short cuz my back got tired and as a result sore. managed about 75% of it though and did not have to go any lighter.

2 yrs on saturday? wow.. what a trip it has been! amazing how much ive grown in my knowledge of the BB lifestyle since then.

well the old back is a little sore today after yesterday. not terrible. i have another depletion to do today as well. i will take it a bit more easily i think. mainly picking the 45lb plates up off the ground is the hardest part.. and putting them back down.

i bought a heating pad and some mineral ice.. also taking motrin/ibuprofen.. definitely muscular though.

abs/cardio only today.. looking forward to some carbs tomorrow night. last week was easy probably cuz my body had plenty of carbs floating around, this week not so much.. also been a bit hungry at night. as a result i went over my originally intended cals by a couple hundred in the form of peanut butter. still not higher than 2200 ish for the day which is still at a deficit.

gotta say i have not been so gung ho here on this cut. i guess im just tired of cutting and having to drop body fat... sometimes i wish i could just say fvck it and get fat.. LOL.. (but i cant).. well i can, but i cant stay that way.

not quit lifting, mind you, just not care about my bf so much..
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 09-26-2013 at 08:48 AM.

well i feel a little better today than yesterday regarding this cut. its funny the emotional highs and lows that go along with caloric deficits. ( )

abs/cardio again today and then i get to have a low country boil tonight.. thats gonna be good! in case yall were wondering what that is here is a pic: (its also called frogmore stew because of the town it supposedly originated in).

http://www.discoversouthcarolina.com...w/default.aspx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ---&gt;&gt;405&lt;&lt;--- accountability/progress log-low-country-boil-newspaper.jpg  
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 09-27-2013 at 05:24 AM.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    well i feel a little better today than yesterday regarding this cut. its funny the emotional highs and lows that go along with caloric deficits. ( ) abs/cardio again today and then i get to have a low country boil tonight.. thats gonna be good! in case yall were wondering what that is here is a pic: (its also called frogmore stew because of the town it supposedly originated in). http://www.discoversouthcarolina.com...w/default.aspx

Reminds me of home!

Looks delicious

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    well i feel a little better today than yesterday regarding this cut. its funny the emotional highs and lows that go along with caloric deficits. ( )

abs/cardio again today and then i get to have a low country boil tonight.. thats gonna be good! in case yall were wondering what that is here is a pic: (its also called frogmore stew because of the town it supposedly originated in).

South Carolina Frogmore Stew

Glad your spirits are up. Have a great weekend and enjoy that country boil.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    curious why you are not doing hit and fasting this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    curious why you are not doing hit and fasting this time around?
    it stopped working.. also got tired of it..

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    what are you thoughts on whats happening with your body with the consistent binging then back dieting? each time you gain weight is it less then the previous time?

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    what are you thoughts on whats happening with your body with the consistent binging then back dieting? each time you gain weight is it less then the previous time?
    hmm.. not really. depends how long i go before cutting again. this time i went up to 18% body fat and it has been kind of a slow process getting the fat off. im almost where im comfortable again.. well, im comfortable but not saticfied.. im almost where im satisfied again.. prob around 12% right now. another 2% to go and ill be good.. that should nt take more than 4-6 weeks i hope.. thatll put me around 16-18 weeks to cut from 18% to 10%..

i hope not to let myself go that far again...

So what your saying is, no more cruises/vacations?

Your wife ain't gonna be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    So what your saying is, no more cruises/vacations?

Your wife ain't gonna be happy!
    haha.. no im definitely NOT saying that! i will, however, be more diligent in limiting the length of my vacation from my diet! this time it was 2 months! instead of 2 weeks like it shoulda been!

haha.. no im definitely NOT saying that! i will, however, be more diligent in limiting the length of my vacation from my diet! this time it was 2 months! instead of 2 weeks like it shoulda been!
    haha, i just pickin!

how was the shrimp boil?

haha, i just pickin!

how was the shrimp boil?
    excellent! ate a lot of stuff. fave was def the crab cakes! covered in my home made tartar sauce.. also had pecan pie tarts, key lime bars, and dark chocolate iced brownies! (my wife loves to bake and entertain LOL)..

excellent! ate a lot of stuff. fave was def the crab cakes! covered in my home made tartar sauce.. also had pecan pie tarts, key lime bars, and dark chocolate iced brownies! (my wife loves to bake and entertain LOL)..
    Making me hungry. Love pecan pie, key lime, brownies.....

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    Making me hungry. Love pecan pie, key lime, brownies.....
    LOL... it was good buddy! key lime is one of my faves now!

Does she have a younger sister?

Does she have a younger sister?
    Lol.. Actually yes! (Married but i wont tell )

well guys i woke up this morning and actually almost liked what i saw in the mirror! i can tell you i do NOT do well with a mid section that is not tight.. i will strive to never let that happen again. it is a compulsion i believe.. kind of a pain in the ass really.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Hey man when you got back up to 18%. I think you said you took 2 months off. Is that eating whatever you want and not working out? I started a thread in other section of forum about taking time off. I have went sun through tue 3 days not working out. Feel guilty as heck and fat as freak. lol.. But I know for sure its been prob 3 years with out a break and was getting burned out. Beside when on vacation( still do sit ups, run. push ups) when on vacation. Guess my question is do you ever just take a brake from it all beside when your on vacation?

Thanks a lot for the help man.

^^ during the 2 months i didnt do any cardio and on the days i followed my proper dietary food choices i over ate.. the other days i just ate whatever the heck i wanted.. i lifted 3-4 days per week..

to answer ur question: NO i do not ever take a break from all of it. not more than a day or 2 anyways..

OK thanks. So I better get my butt back at it tomorrow then shouldn't I? Its been 3 days. Lol.... Feel OK. Well beside feeling fat...

Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    OK thanks. So I better get my butt back at it tomorrow then shouldn't I? Its been 3 days. Lol.... Feel OK. Well beside feeling fat...
    haha.. well it takes a fair amount more than 3 days to do what i did. i actually started my diet back several times but just couldnt get any momentum.. id do ok for a day or 2 and say screw it and have a cheeseburger or a bacon egg and cheese sandwich with hashbrowns! i turn around good and 2 months have gone by and im 18% body fat.. it was NOT worth it!

^^ during the 2 months i didnt do any cardio and on the days i followed my proper dietary food choices i over ate.. the other days i just ate whatever the heck i wanted.. i lifted 3-4 days per week..

to answer ur question: NO i do not ever take a break from all of it. not more than a day or 2 anyways..
    Thats about how I was up to 21%. Always trained 4-5 days week. But did no cardio and ate way too much crap on weekends.

Know how you feel on the weekends. I do good during the week. Weekends I eat. Lol.

Thats about how I was up to 21%. Always trained 4-5 days week. But did no cardio and ate way too much crap on weekends.
    yeh eating a lot and no cardio = fat! !

well guys just when yall thought 'ole 405 was getting dull and there was nothing else of much interest going on in here the plot twists and thickens once again!

turns out my wife has bad migraines and she has been wanting to try keto for epileptic people to combat the headaches because theres a relationship between the 2 and she has petitioned my assistance.

i have been curious about running a proper ketogenic diet since i first heard of them and have run a style of CKD but im not sure if i ever achieved proper ketosis. i always maintained carbs around 65+ g per day. well i believe in the spirit of helping her and satisfying my nagging curiosity i am venturing down the road of the ketogenic diet.

i have not decided specifically if im gonna run a TKD (targeted keto diet) or a CKD (cyclical keto diet) yet but i will be letting yall know. i am currently about 125pages into lyle mc donalds "the ketogenic diet" and i must say i am impressed with the potential this diet may have.

i have often thought i look and feel my best totally depleted of carbs and i also think my body does not respond very well to carbs in the diet. i am curious to see how i will fare running a proper keto diet with my macros set from what it looks like approx:

2200cals
    160g pro
    10g carbs
    168g fat

i have found a new love: homemade coconut butter!!! ahh!! u gotta try this stuff guys.

get a coconut and shred the meat and put it into a food processor and turn it on for about 20 minutes. after that let it sit for a while (couple hours) to let the oil come out and then run again for about another 20minutes. make sure u have a tiny food processor and/or there is minimal empty space in the processor so the stuff churns properly.

it is the freaking BOMB diggity!

i will keep yall updated with this keto thing. i may start as early as monday.

Sounds good man and I know you will follow it.

Hope it helps with your wife's headaches!

V-ROID is offline Member
    It's good to try different diets just to keep your body guessing. Things that work great short term can become less effective over time. Not a chance in hell I could go keto without eating meat but will be popping in to monitor your results. I love coconut in all forms and will give your recipe a shot. Question: After the first settle do you drain the oil before processing again? I have a Blendtec so I think I can cut the time to a few minutes. Good luck to you and more importantly your wife. Migraines are the worst and too many things can trigger them so finding the true cause can take a long time.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Ha ha ha, after everything you ever said about keto diets you know I'm a big believer in trying out different plans to see what works best for you. I hated that depletion workout on a ckd. I also hated the state of my dishwasher after all that extra fat:/

Has your Mrs had her headaches analysed? It is true that keto diets do help epileptics minimise symptoms.

PM me your address mate, I have a number of spare ketostix I will send them over to you
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

LOL never say "never" right?

who knows it may be what i need. we'll see! more importantly i hope itll help my wife's headaches. she has been to a ouple neurologists. they dont know what the cause is.. shes run low carbs before and gone without them so hopefully this will work. she has a lot of food and other type allergies.

PM sent

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    LOL never say "never" right?

who knows it may be what i need. we'll see! more importantly i hope itll help my wife's headaches. she has been to a ouple neurologists. they dont know what the cause is.. shes run low carbs before and gone without them so hopefully this will work. she has a lot of food and other type allergies.

PM sent
    Yoga seems to help some ppl. Idk.

Hope your wife finds relief via diet. It's worth a try!

in case anyone is wondering i have not started the keto diet yet.. i also have been having puter probs where it wont let me access this little box to type messages which is in part why i havent posted in here. still running 4 days low 1 high 2 moderate diet.. kind of waffling as my wife thinks she may have discovered another solution to her headaches besides keto. i still might give it a try though.. we'll see..

Wondering what you are up to. Still just dropping BF?

Wondering what you are up to. Still just dropping BF?
    yeh kind of.. it is a slow process at this point. i have been eating more fat on low carb days and i think i have slowed my progress over the last 2 weeks i am not fat anymore and just have a bit on lower back/love handle area which is making me not as diligent about getting rid of it LOL.. it seems to be a constant battle with bf% maybe because i prefer to be lean and my body prefers me to be fat!

yeh kind of.. it is a slow process at this point. i have been eating more fat on low carb days and i think i have slowed my progress over the last 2 weeks i am not fat anymore and just have a bit on lower back/love handle area which is making me not as diligent about getting rid of it LOL.. it seems to be a constant battle with bf% maybe because i prefer to be lean and my body prefers me to be fat!
    I'm with you on that. Hope you are progressing buddy.

Good ole page 2, hadnt been there in awhile

In any event my fat loss seems to have resumed a bit thank God! Plateaus suck!!

Ive dropped carbs and cals a bit and switched pretty much all cardio to intervals. Doing them 5-6 days per week.

When i do them pwo i do 11 sets 30/60 and when on a cardio only day i do 15 harder sets 30/60..

The main reason im posting now is i did 140 DB's on flat bench today for 5 unassisted reps.
    RaginCajun likes this.

140s is really pushing it!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    140s is really pushing it!
    Show off isn't he?!

405 remind me to get stronger before you come visit
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good ole page 2, hadnt been there in awhile

In any event my fat loss seems to have resumed a bit thank God! Plateaus suck!!

Ive dropped carbs and cals a bit and switched pretty much all cardio to intervals. Doing them 5-6 days per week.

When i do them pwo i do 11 sets 30/60 and when on a cardio only day i do 15 harder sets 30/60..

The main reason im posting now is i did 140 DB's on flat bench today for 5 unassisted reps.
    Almost to big boy weights! Jk good job 405

Thread Information