Page 15 of 107 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: --->>405<<--- accountability/progress log

Just read through most of your thread 405, nice log and fantastic progress. Keep up the hard work, it shows, and best of luck.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Just saw the most recent pics I could find. I am curious as to your height and age. I looked through some of the thread but didn't find it.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    thx stem and pap.. u guys really help me alot.. I consider yall friends...what woukd that be over in england stem? Chaps? fellows? Mates? And in cuba pap?? LOL i dont even have a guess for there

Oh yeh! Stem i put some vinegar in my tuna tonite.. Along with some tabasco.. Man it was good! My wife said it stunk and she wAs gonna puke LOL .. The vinegar i have at the moment is balsamic but it has 2g sugar/TBS.. Wonder if they make it w/o any sugar??

Legs went well today.. U wouldnt think a shoulder would come into play on leg day but it does with the bar on shoulders for squats as well as close grip bench ... Think im gonna have to give up the close grip..
    Friends I consider people who I would trust secrets, even my life, to. Mates are people you know pretty well but wouldn't necessarily go out for a drink with. Chaps, like that word but it'd be a general greeting to a bunch of guys 'Morning Chaps/gents' but really isn't used very often. Fellows, pmp, that's a little bit Victorian now i think.

Not sure you'd get balsamic in a low/no sugar form. Reckon the Italians of Modena would be very upset you even suggested it. I use plain malt vinegar, no calories to worry about.

Shoulders massively involved in all forms of squatting, next time maybe give them a light warm up.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    LOL thats funny.. About the balsamic vinegar.. Should i drop it? Malt vinegar? Is that different than plain distilled vinegar?? I hope so otherwise i dont think itd be to my liking..

As far as shoulders and squats go i think the warmup may be a good route.. Would leg press be a poor substitute for a squat?

Well i just woke up and now have to do my 45 min cardio.. Also i weighed myself this am and down to 193.2 so the weight is once again dropping hopefully fat and not muscle.. I look thinner again today than i did yesterday.. I tell u the less fat i have on me the more of an impact 2 lbs seems to make on my appearance.. Guess that would be the case.. I like it

Age and height?

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Leg press is not bad, i do them but i don't think i would substitute that for squats, have you tried lunges? Front squats i believe is called where you place the bar in front of you instead of your back, have you tried that?

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Age and height?
    He's 37 and 5ft 9.

LOL thats funny.. About the balsamic vinegar.. Should i drop it? Malt vinegar? Is that different than plain distilled vinegar?? I hope so otherwise i dont think itd be to my liking..

As far as shoulders and squats go i think the warmup may be a good route.. Would leg press be a poor substitute for a squat?

Well i just woke up and now have to do my 45 min cardio.. Also i weighed myself this am and down to 193.2 so the weight is once again dropping hopefully fat and not muscle.. I look thinner again today than i did yesterday.. I tell u the less fat i have on me the more of an impact 2 lbs seems to make on my appearance.. Guess that would be the case.. I like it
    If you can squat effectively I consider the leg press a poor substitute. If you can't sqaut because of your leverage or because of pain (not general squat discomfort) or from not being flexible enough then the leg press is an alternative.

Does your gym have either a cambered bar or hexagonal deadlift bar?

Yeah, those 2lbs now are a much bigger percentage of your bodyweight than they used to be. 7lbs from now will seem a whole lot different to the first 7lbs.

Malt vinegar is brown, normal distilled vinegar is clear I think. The malt is what us Brits put on our fish n chips n mushy peas. Together with a generous sprinkle of salt. Droooooool.
    Last edited by Back In Black; 12-01-2011 at 10:28 AM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I look thinner again today than i did yesterday.. I tell u the less fat i have on me the more of an impact 2 lbs seems to make on my appearance.. Guess that would be the case.. I like it
    Sounds good to me! Keep it up 405~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    The malt is what us Brits put on our fish n chips n mushy peas. Together with a generous sprinkle of salt. Droooooool.
    Fish and chips I've never tried it just because of the fact that it might not be authentic enough or good enough, so thats why i havent but i would give anything to try a good fish and chips, yeah im drooling too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    Fish and chips I've never tried it just because of the fact that it might not be authentic enough or good enough, so thats why i havent but i would give anything to try a good fish and chips, yeah im drooling too lol
    Mate, whenever you come to this side of the pond I'll hook you up with some of the best!

Fish and chips is fried fish and french fries rite?? I like my fish with good tartar sauce (cajun style tartar) and friesmwith ketchup (a ton ) ...

Age and height?
    Hey t-body sry man i missd ur post .. Yeh 37 yrs 5'9" 193(now)lbs down from 213lbs.. I think im in my 10th week... Saturday will conclude week 10..

SteM i will definitely hold you to that

405 I love fish with tartar sauce, any kind, as a matter of fact i make a mean tartar sauce (regular) but fish and chips is totally at another level!!

Fish and chips is fried fish and french fries rite?? I like my fish with good tartar sauce (cajun style tartar) and friesmwith ketchup (a ton ) ...
    Battered deep fried fish and chips are chips really, french fries are way too thin to be called chips. I know you guys call crisps, chips but really, they ain't chips. Chips should be as thick as your thumbs. Maybe you guys call them steak cut or sumthin'? Serve with mushy peas and/or curry sauce or ketchup. Served with a piping hot mug of hot tea.

Guess what my cheat meal's gonna be this week!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteM

Battered deep fried fish and chips are chips really, french fries are way too thin to be called chips. I know you guys call crisps, chips but really, they ain't chips. Chips should be as thick as your thumbs. Maybe you guys call them steak cut or sumthin'? Serve with mushy peas and/or curry sauce or ketchup. Served with a piping hot mug of hot tea.

Guess what my cheat meal's gonna be this week!!!!!!
    Yeah thanks SteM, rubbing it in!! Yeah we call them steak fries, thicker cut.

Hey t-body sry man i missd ur post .. Yeh 37 yrs 5'9" 193(now)lbs down from 213lbs.. I think im in my 10th week... Saturday will conclude week 10..
    And what is your ultimate goal? Tell me about how exactly you are performing your squats. I actually tore my pec squatting, but it was because of some extreme non-flexibility issues! I might be able to help fix that, what set/rep range are you doing and with what poundages?

And what is your ultimate goal? Tell me about how exactly you are performing your squats. I actually tore my pec squatting, but it was because of some extreme non-flexibility issues! I might be able to help fix that, what set/rep range are you doing and with what poundages?
    Beginning this my goal was to get bf below 12%... Obviously id like to get as ripped as possible.. When i startd i didnt know my test was low.. Since starting ive found out i have low test and startd test cyp 150mg/week...

Im hoping now that im on tbe test that my results will get better.. I wondered why it was so hard to make good gains and lose fat.. I know alot of it was diet(obviously cuz ive had good dieting results w/o the test) but im hoping now that i wont be playn with such a handicap(low test) maybe i can do better than sub12%...

Squat wise im not sure what to say about how i do them.. Basically i walk under bar with hands down by sides and line up my shoulders then put hands on bar(less of strain on shoulder that way) thrn i pick it up and back up keep back strait and squat down where thighs r almost parallel to floor looking forward bend at waist to almost 45degree angle and then go back up to standing position...

As far as weight goes my 3 working sets im currently doing 225lbs x 12-15 reps

Before i lightened up i was doing 135 x 15reps, 225 x 10 reps, 275 x 8 reps, 315 x 8 reps

Like i said i lightened it up because the 275 and 315 were too heavy for my shoulder(the weight bearing down on it was painful)

Sux cuz i can prob go to even 365 or 405 but id rather be able to do 225 than nothing...

If i coukd do it without having to hole the bar with right hand id be ok but that position strains my shoulder.... Theres a guy i see squatting with smith machine and he doesnt hold the bar (which i coukd do) but it was suggested to me not to use the smith for squats cuz of unnatural movement and potential injury...

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    been reading thru your thread, great work! i wish i could be lifting right now but i injured my shoulder. you sound like you are becoming a beast! keep it up

Hey thx cajun.. Good to hear from u man.. Sry bout ur shoulder.. Went thru shoulder deal too.. Stil hurts some.. Get better and get bak in man

Total macros : 2154/305/106/55

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Just read through most of your thread 405, nice log and fantastic progress. Keep up the hard work, it shows, and best of luck.
    Thx sgt sorry i overlookd ur post yesterday .. I appreciate it man

Tell me about your shoulder issue, is there an injury or past injury and have you been to a chiropractor?

Tell me about your shoulder issue, is there an injury or past injury and have you been to a chiropractor?
    Did u see post 578?

As far as shoulder i tore my bicep tendon in 2007 And had surgery on it to try to repair.. Then in april of this yr i had surgery again but this time it was on my collarbone(had arthritis on it and it was rubbing against some other bone)... So it was ground down shorter and the arthritis was ground off .. There were some things floating around in there they sucked out but i was told there was no actual shoulder injury.. The pain was from the arthritis... I actually have a little clicking going on in there now at the top of my rep on an incline DB press..: my left shoukder does a little popping as well.. Lucky me my mom was diagnosed with sEvere arthritis in both her shoulders last week yay!

Sorry to hear a out your mom bud! O have a clicking on my left shoulder, doesnt hurt or anythin but is there!

Yeh thx pap.. Shes doin ok with it .. Just makes me wonder if thats wat i have to look forward to down the road... Shes not active at all but i on the other hand plan lifting and doing cardio for a long time...

Im no expert and i know nothing about arthritis, but i think the more active you are the better it is, i think!

Did u see post 578?

As far as shoulder i tore my bicep tendon in 2007 And had surgery on it to try to repair.. Then in april of this yr i had surgery again but this time it was on my collarbone(had arthritis on it and it was rubbing against some other bone)... So it was ground down shorter and the arthritis was ground off .. There were some things floating around in there they sucked out but i was told there was no actual shoulder injury.. The pain was from the arthritis... I actually have a little clicking going on in there now at the top of my rep on an incline DB press..: my left shoukder does a little popping as well.. Lucky me my mom was diagnosed with sEvere arthritis in both her shoulders last week yay!
    I did read the post, just didn't see the shoulder issue explained. I've had biceps tendon issues as well, but not a tear. I have also had shoulder issues, which I believed were a torn rotator cuff and finally had properly diagnosed and fixed through chiropractic adjustment. I would recommend warming up with jumping rope, should help loosen up the shoulder, do not give up on the squats. I will try to explain this clearly, though not easy when I can't really show you and help you through it. One minute solid of jumping rope then go to squats, warm up with just the bar, place your feet just outside of shoulder width then turn your toes outward two inches from center, place the bar further down your back and keep your arms just loosely falling over the bar as far out as they can go (picture Christ on the cross) go all the way down with the weight and try not to lean forward at all, look up at the ceiling through the entire range of motion. Drop your butt below your knee on every rep, at the top of the exercise stop 4 - 6 inches short of lock-out then go back to the bottom part of the exercise. Perform 25 reps with the bar, rest 90 seconds, go up to 95lbs and repeat(25 reps, not locking out at top) then go to 135lbs and repeat for three workout sets of 25 reps, on your final set go to failure and let me know how many that is and I'll adjust the weight/rest/rep if you need. This will give you full benefit of the squat without the strain on the shoulder. If you are willing to try this for De***ber I can promise you some growth on the legs and relief to the shoulder.( I have no idea what you have already tried, so you might already know if this will work or not )

I did read the post, just didn't see the shoulder issue explained. I've had biceps tendon issues as well, but not a tear. I have also had shoulder issues, which I believed were a torn rotator cuff and finally had properly diagnosed and fixed through chiropractic adjustment. I would recommend warming up with jumping rope, should help loosen up the shoulder, do not give up on the squats. I will try to explain this clearly, though not easy when I can't really show you and help you through it. One minute solid of jumping rope then go to squats, warm up with just the bar, place your feet just outside of shoulder width then turn your toes outward two inches from center, place the bar further down your back and keep your arms just loosely falling over the bar as far out as they can go (picture Christ on the cross) go all the way down with the weight and try not to lean forward at all, look up at the ceiling through the entire range of motion. Drop your butt below your knee on every rep, at the top of the exercise stop 4 - 6 inches short of lock-out then go back to the bottom part of the exercise. Perform 25 reps with the bar, rest 90 seconds, go up to 95lbs and repeat(25 reps, not locking out at top) then go to 135lbs and repeat for three workout sets of 25 reps, on your final set go to failure and let me know how many that is and I'll adjust the weight/rest/rep if you need. This will give you full benefit of the squat without the strain on the shoulder. If you are willing to try this for De***ber I can promise you some growth on the legs and relief to the shoulder.( I have no idea what you have already tried, so you might already know if this will work or not )
    i didnt point u to that post specifically cuz i mentiond my shoulder there i just didnt know if u saw it cuz i figd itd be up a little bit on the page by the time u got bak here.. mainly was answering ur question about my goals long term..

squat wise ill give what u said a shot.. i remember from younger days being instructed to keep knees behind the toes when going down and thats about all i remember about how to do squats.. just started wkn legs about 2 months ago.. am curious to see how many i can do on set 4 which i understand to be with 135 lbs? it will prob be a bit awkward for a little while looking at the ceiling.. i did notice if i went wider with my grip it was less strain on the shoulder but its hard to go that wide and feel confident about the weight not falling with 300lbs up there

am curious about the chiropractor thing.. i went to one one time very skeptically cuz of the typical chiropractor stereotype for my hip that had locked into position and he xrayd it and poppd it and the next day it was healed completely and never had a prob since.. i was convinced of their legitimacy from then on just never really had a reason to go bak..

appreciate the assistance

Well back wkout went well i cant remember if i put that in earlier or not tomorrow 0430 fasted cardio .. Shoukders at lunch.. My knee has been giving me trubble today.. Hopebthat goes away... Man im falling apart! LOL

Had a ortho surgeon tell me i needed surgery on it in 2006.. I never got it dun... Been able to run on it fairly well.. Maybe its just the cold weather/.. 3rd shot test dun.. Got tat goin for me will be interested to see bf reading this week..

Does anyone else "feel fat" even though their bf cheks r showing theyre losing fat?? I guess im just havn one of those days.. Im ready to just be maintaining now! its not coming off fast enuff..!i guess im paranoid of hitting a plateau.. I think i still have a good 15lbs fat to lose... Weighd 195.something again today after 193.2 yesterday...

I feel fat all the time, mostly because I am ( but you can check my thread if you don't believe me, I posted pics today ). I am excited about seeing what burn and growth you can get from proper squats, I will do my very best to help any way I can.

hey tbody thx dude yeh i put a tape on my waist this am cuz i was prompted to after seeing u do it on urs and it was 37".. ugh.. i would bet it was prob 42" when i started.. should have taken a measurement then.. i didnt do the navel i put it in the biggest place i could find..lower abs and love handles r a stubborn place for me..as well as my chest.. LOL i hate it.. nothing worse than love handles and man titties...

did 45 mins am fasted cardio today at 0430..

SteM i need to ramp it up man.. feeln a little stuck.. maybe im just being emotional.. did i just say that?

Good job 405, im about to leave the house to get a good fasted 1 hr session!

405, you need to undersrtand that when you are making changes in your diet and exercise program it causes hormonal (we men prefer the word chemical) production in the body, this has an affect on our emotions.As long as you recognize that some of what your feeling is a bi-product of your choices to maintain better health than you can keep them in their proper place and not allow them to control your actions, basically you just need to plow ahead whether you feel like it or not. And it's fine to share here about what you are going through, all of us have been there, whether we admit it or not.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Whew! That's a relief. I thought 405 was your weight! =)

^^ lol

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Gotta keep plugging away. Remember slow wins this race and consistency too.
    You have been doing great and I am so proud of you and you need to recognize how far along you have come.

YOU GOT THIS 405. If it were easy everybody would do it. And wait for a couple of weeks before you think you are at a plateau. That is what I have been told when I thought I was and then all of the sudden? WOW! Magic happens.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Papiriqui
    Good job 405, im about to leave the house to get a good fasted 1 hr session!

get it in man! looks like someone slept in

tbody66
    405, you need to undersrtand that when you are making changes in your diet and exercise program it causes hormonal (we men prefer the word chemical) production in the body, this has an affect on our emotions.As long as you recognize that some of what your feeling is a bi-product of your choices to maintain better health than you can keep them in their proper place and not allow them to control your actions, basically you just need to plow ahead whether you feel like it or not. And it's fine to share here about what you are going through, all of us have been there, whether we admit it or not.

tbody thx for reply.. yeh im plowing ahead thats for sure also i just started TRT which may affect hormones im about as lean as ive ever been and usually for me something happens (like an injury) or i just stay rite where im at.. so i guess im getn a little paranoid.. never had abs and really want them bad!!!!!!!!!!

Times Roman
    Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    Whew! That's a relief. I thought 405 was your weight! =)

now that funny LOL.. no TR 405 is my goal on the bench.. currently my 1rep max is 315

SlimmerMe
    Gotta keep plugging away. Remember slow wins this race and consistency too.
    You have been doing great and I am so proud of you and you need to recognize how far along you have come.

YOU GOT THIS 405. If it were easy everybody would do it. And wait for a couple of weeks before you think you are at a plateau. That is what I have been told when I thought I was and then all of the sudden? WOW! Magic happens.

thx slim appreciate ur encouragement and also that from everyone on here ready for some magic!

Agree with this. Plus your TRT has just started so plenty of changes going on with you. And even at about 12% I get 'fat' days. Just keep going through it and you'll be out the other side before you know it.

On the days you can do extra time on your fasted cardio do it, even if it's 5 or 5 minutes here and there. When do we get pics again?

Yeah saturdays and sundays are my days to sleep in a little, every day waking up at 4AM takes a small toll when it comes to sleep.

Yeh stem pics 2 weeks from tomorrow...Im thinking of doing just that with cardio.. Gonna try for 60mins on days when i dont have to be at wk til 0800... Thats funny btw.. Fat days at 12%

Pap i know wat u mean bout sleep.. Although if ur getn up at 0400 then u got me beat.. I usually get up at either 0430 or 0530 but i dont get to bed alot til 2300-2330...

Thread Information