Page 42 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,680 of 4241
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: --->>405<<--- accountability/progress log

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^thx bro i may chek it out over some and see what its about..

after day 4 forget cardio again til day 1? except maybe day 7 pm to try and burn out some glycogen the nite before going back into the depletion phase?

good cardio session this am fellas.. fasted:

5min warmup
    10min HIIT
    5min rest
    25min moderate

i tell u im startn to feel a little guilty eating at maintenance cals.. i can be a little obsessive when it comes to my diet.. would hate to gain any fat..

basically eating:
    2800cals
    300g pro
    300g carbs
    50g fat

have 5 more days at this then start new diet..

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I have not read the stubborn fat soloution... Is one of the concepts HIT cardio at he start of a LIC cardio session?

I take it this is to help mobilise fatty acids quicker and get more benefit from the long duration LIC...

Can u bullet point the main differences between UD2.0 and SFS or are they completely different?
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

ud2.0 is diet and weightlifting program.. he mentions cardio but doesnt get into specifics..

sfs teaches about fat , the difft types, the way hormones relate to its storage and oxidation and then he provides u with 4 cardio protocols to utilize to help mobilize and get rid of it.. there arent any real dietary instructions like there are with ud2.0

also SFS is for people @10% bf trying to get to 6-8%.. whereas ud2.0 can be used ranging from 10-15%..
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 03-22-2012 at 08:11 AM.

and yes the HIIT in the beginning mobilizes fat into the blood and then the 5minute rest allows time for it to concentrATE or build up in the blood and the moderate is basically to burn it off.. SFP 2.0 has another HIIT session attached to the end..

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    I have not read the stubborn fat soloution... Is one of the concepts HIT cardio at he start of a LIC cardio session?

I take it this is to help mobilise fatty acids quicker and get more benefit from the long duration LIC...

Can u bullet point the main differences between UD2.0 and SFS or are they completely different?
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    ud2.0 is diet and weightlifting program.. he mentions cardio but doesnt get into specifics..

sfs teaches about fat , the difft types, the way hormones relate to its storage and oxidation and then he provides u with 4 cardio protocols to utilize to help mobilize and get rid of it.. there arent any real dietary instructions like there are with ud2.0

also SFS is for people @10% bf trying to get to 6-8%.. whereas ud2.0 can be used ranging from 10-15%..

ok, now you have really interested in the science behind this, do tell!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    RC get a copy man. It's an awesome read.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post

i may have to go look for it at lunch time

done some reading have you?

done some reading have you?
    Bloody SFS thing is preventing me doing my chores! And may prolong my cut!!!!!!!!

RC, pm baseline he should be able to email you. Or PM me and I'll try

LOL^^ the good thing is we can learn from each other wat u think bout yohimbine hcl plus tyrosine?

LOL^^ the good thing is we can learn from each other wat u think bout yohimbine hcl plus tyrosine?
    Ha , you're way ahead of me on the reading. I have tried, and liked, yohimbine HCL in the past. Like clen and ECA it serves a purpose far better at a lower bodyfat %.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You guys are a lot further in the book than me I guess. I'm about half way through SFS and I have even started the others. I guess I better get on it so I don't feel left behind. I am a little concerned with what GBrice said about it being outdated. I wish he would have elaborated on it a bit more.

I found the website with the book on a recommendation by gb.. He also said he didnt think itd do harm and combining ud2.0 and sfs would prob be a good combo..

Either way im running it.. Ive read it and it makes sense and the dude knows hit stuff.. Not to mention the amt of weekly cals ill be running r only 390 more than wat im running now.. And ill be working out harder and longer..

Well its bed time for me gotta get up and do fasted cardio again.. I tell u im re-motivated in my approach to am cardio due to eating maintenance cals (which i dont enjoy )

well another day! woke up this am and did SFP1.0 which i am glad i did.. today at some point i have to do HIT workout.. am planning on doing it in the pm cuz thats when its scheduled to be dun.. this will be my first HIT style weight session EVER! curious to see how it is? im sure when i finish ill regret that curiosity but after being off yesterday combined with eating maintenance cals im ready for a hard hitting make me wanna puke workout

id also like to note my muscles just "feel" like theyre ready to grow.. they just need a little stimulation.. prob due to the fact that im eatn 2800cals for the 5th day in a row which is unprecedented for me..

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Morning 405, another great day to kill it in the gym. Tear it up bro.

My ideal cardio has always been 10-15 mins HIIT immediately followed by 20-30 mins LIC. But I will start putting a 5 min rest inbetween. Does Lyle suggest this protocol for fasted and post lifting cardio too?

I will get to it in the book at some point!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

What does your HIT workout look like?

4 working sets (6-12reps) stop 1 rep short of failure.. (70-85% 1rep max)

leg press/squat 2 x 6-12
    leg curl 2 x 6-12
    leg extension 1-2 x 6-12
    leg curl 1-2 x 6-12
    calf raise 3-4 x 6-12
    flat bench 2 x 6-12
    cable row 2 x 6-12
    incline bench 1-2 x 6-12
    pulldown or weighted chin 1-2 x 6-12
    lat raise 2-3 x 6-12
    bicep curl 2 x 6-12
    tricep pushdown 2 x 6-12

can superset alternate bodyparts (flat bench/bent row etc..)1-2mins rest tween sets

My ideal cardio has always been 10-15 mins HIIT immediately followed by 20-30 mins LIC. But I will start putting a 5 min rest inbetween. Does Lyle suggest this protocol for fasted and post lifting cardio too?

I will get to it in the book at some point!
    fasted is ok yes.. pwo i dont recall him saying but he may have..

id also like to note i was browsing his website and he answers questions people ask him occasionally.. well someone askd him bout bcaas prior to fasted cardio and im pretty sure he said fasted is water only..not bcaa.. its on his site ill try to find it.. ive been doing all my fasted cardio as of late with no bcaa and do 20g post fasted cardio..

Mat on May 14th, 2010 6:10 pm

Lyle:
    Thanks for providing this valuable information on this webpage and the support forums.
    A question about BCAA (yet again) and your SFP 2.0.
    Okay, in order not to inhibit fat mobilization/ transportation, we do not want to consume any BCAAs prior to SFP 2.0.
    However, at bf levels <10% muscle catabolism might be a concern under fasting conditions.
    So, would consuming BCAAs during the second phase of the SFP help in preventing muscle catabolism?

lylemcd on May 16th, 2010 9:05 pm
    Matt: BCAA raises insulin .

I'll keep going how I am on my PWO cardio, it works anyway.

Next week will be my last week of fasted cardio and it will likely be only twice but I'll try the aboe principle of HIIT, rest and LIC.

I agree it isn't truly fasted with BCAA's. Or even if you drink black coffee. But you would be through whatever cals 10g BCAA's have in them in no time, despite the insulin spike (which does happen). I'm gonna stick with my BCAA's though I mostly use them during my lifting more than any other time.

On a side note my Mrs has just started the Dukan diet. Just as I end my cut!!!!!!!!!! So now I don't HAVE to cheat night on a Saturday night. Means I can properly plan my maintenance period, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    What does your HIT workout look like?
    Mine?

well i took the wife out for a date nite last nite.. figd id finish this week of maintenance cals off with a cheat meal we went to carabbas and it was tasty.. i had 2 cheese sticks, bread and oil, salad, filet marsala with green beans, unsweet tea, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (and a half ) before bed.. now its no cheats til i go on the cruise...5 weeks of strait diet.. which by now is no prob for me

So at first I was wondering what you guys were talking about with calories in BCAA's. I use purple wraath and it says O caloires, but after reading this I was thinking it didn't sound right. So, after a little research, I found that the FDA doesn't classify BCAA's as pro,carb,or fat, and if it's not a pro,carb, or fat...it apparently doesn't count even if it has calories.

It makes me wonder how many things out there are over what the labels say, but because how the FDA works, aren't allowed to put it on the label.

well went on a 5mile run at lunch today to get in the cardio.. more work than i really felt like doing though TBH... ive noticed this week ive been a bit lazy.. especially the last day or 2.. maybe its all the carbs? like running today i felt heavy on my feet .. of course i did the total body HIT workout yesterday.. though i am curious as to wat classified the workout as HIT? was it cuz the weight was 70-85% 1rep max and rep range was 6-12? or did i just think i did a HIT workout and really didnt? there was no rest pause or whatever the other on is

well went on a 5mile run at lunch today to get in the cardio.. more work than i really felt like doing though TBH... ive noticed this week ive been a bit lazy.. especially the last day or 2.. maybe its all the carbs? like running today i felt heavy on my feet .. of course i did the total body HIT workout yesterday.. though i am curious as to wat classified the workout as HIT? was it cuz the weight was 70-85% 1rep max and rep range was 6-12? or did i just think i did a HIT workout and really didnt? there was no rest pause or whatever the other on is
    I was a bit curious about this as well. It doesn't sound like any HIT program that I've heard of before. HIT is just really high intensity...really destroying the muscle on the positives, negatives, etc. You can do this with dropsets, static pause, rest pause, negatives, forced negatives, etc. I don't see any of those listed there, so I'm not sure what he meant

^^well whatever it actually is ill be doing it next week

day 6 at maintenance and i can barely keep my eyes open im tired as heck! been eating about 300g carbs per day for 6 consecutive days..

2more days of carbs and then it starts im ready.. I never thought eating at maintenance wpuld be so mentally challenging.. I suppose its cuz im not thru cutting.. And i dont wanna lose any of my progress and im not absolutely certain wat my actual maint cals r.. My tdee is 3100 and im eatn 2800 so i oughta be close..

Ive come to the realization today i may have to alter my work schedule even more than i have.. The depletion workouts (to be dun properly) will take 2minutes per set and i have 42 sets to do.. Theres no way i can do that in 1hr.. Which is how long i have at lunch.. This means ill have to do it at nite which sux cuz ive always lifted at lunch..

But i suppose sacrifices have to be made if i wanna properly do this diet.. Its important that i make sure my glycogen is fully depleted to justify the 1250g carb refeed on friday nite/saturday.. So thats how its gonna have to be.. At least for the next five weeks..

Good Luck to you! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this type of diet. Who knows...if it's successful, I may give it a go! Since we're both around the same stats....I'm gonna use you as my guinea pig! LOL

^^ im looking forward too! A welcome change and challenge! Which i love i feel like a kid and christmas is tuesday.. Isnt that sad since were just talkn bout a diet amd workout routine LOL..

On apositive side note.. I made an awesome discovery tonite i wish i woulda found months ago but just glad i discovered it at all (and it may have been obvious to some but not to me)..

Cottage cheese with sugar free strawberry jam mixd in!! AWESOME!! i highly recommend u try it! I liked my cottage cheese plain.. But ill never eat it plain again!

^^ im looking forward too! A welcome change and challenge! Which i love i feel like a kid and christmas is tuesday.. Isnt that sad since were just talkn bout a diet amd workout routine LOL..

On apositive side note.. I made an awesome discovery tonite i wish i woulda found months ago but just glad i discovered it at all (and it may have been obvious to some but not to me)..

Cottage cheese with sugar free strawberry jam mixd in!! AWESOME!! i highly recommend u try it! I liked my cottage cheese plain.. But ill never eat it plain again!
    If you wanta try something even better....put some sugar free jello mix into it. Browngirl does it and LOVES it. She even gets the fat free/sugar free cool whip and mixes it in. I've tried it and it's pretty good.

Hmm fat free sugar free coolwhip.. Telln tHe wife as we speak LOL..

That make fat free sugar free everything these days. I was using sugar free immitation honey there for a little while!

Well good day off.. Had church function and had a couple burgers and a dog and some chips.. Now back on diet for 5 weeks 100%.. tomorrow is last maintenance day..

Weighed in at 185.6 this am .. Down .4 lbs from last week which isgiod considering i ate maintenance all week.. Bf % about thesame..

Also did a 9site chek thru another program and it came back at 9.09%

Nice work! At least you know now what you can eat without gaining fat.

I must've missed it somewhere. Where are you going on your cruise?

Haiti, jamaica, grand cayman, cozumel...

Im allowing myself 10lbs.. Over 7days.. LOL

Haiti, jamaica, grand cayman, cozumel...
    Ooooo. That sounds fun! Is this your first cruise?

Thread Information