Page 54 of 107 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,160 of 4241
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: --->>405<<--- accountability/progress log

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    LOL.. i knew it was soon.. as thinkn tomorrow but i remember u like to start on saturdays .. guess u went a day late this time havent been on a lot in the last few days.. will chek ur log out to see how its going

well not a lot to note on this end.. did chest, bis yesterday.. went well .. diet is the same.. weight seems to be stayn relatively the same.. just putting along.. tryin to decide what i wanna do.. mite not do anything for a little while

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    so just hold???? or do nothing and get chunky???? sorry should have resisted - LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    so just hold???? or do nothing and get chunky???? sorry should have resisted - LOL!
    LOL! funny girl u are by do nothing i meant change nothing not sit on my butt everyday and eat ice cream

jpowell is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

LOL! funny girl u are by do nothing i meant change nothing not sit on my butt everyday and eat ice cream
    Sounds fun?!

what sitting on my butt and eating ice cream?

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Sounds good, what do you call that diet? Sedentary carb loading?

jpowell is offline Banned
    Yea, its always easier to be lazy!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    See, I knew you'd be up for a dirty bulk
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    See, I knew you'd be up for a dirty bulk
    i need to do something.. i feel like a lazy piece of crap! think ive only done cardio twice in 2 or 3 weeks.. lift 3x per week but its only like 16sets or so per workout..

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    After vacation it usually takes me 2-3 weeks to get back in my groove with training.

well another day.. back/shoulders today.. looking forward to it!

oh by the way i got more bloodwork cuz ive been off adex for a month to see where im at and i had them check my liver and kidney function.. both of them were back to normal.. so it appears a high protein low carb cycle type diet over a period of time can wreak havoc on the kidneys and liver just like i read about online..

a month ago my TRT doc told me to go to my PCP and get more bloodwork done because my liver and kidney function were elevated.. being a typical guy i procrastinated and didnt go (LOL) and hoped when i did follow-up bloodwork (this time) because i had discontinued the carb cycle that my function of both organs would again return to normal.. well they did.. she said my liver was perfect and my kidney function while still slightly elevated was a lot lower than previously and nothing to worry about!

point being.. high protein/low carb/veggie only diet can cause ur kidneys and liver to work harder than they should have to.. food for thought! (pun intended)

E-T-R is offline Junior Member
    Just dropping in...
    Want to congratulate you on your transformation and only hope I can do the same

thx man and i hope u can too! with this forum u def will as long as u stay dedicated!

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    oh by the way i got more bloodwork cuz ive been off adex for a month to see where im at and i had them check my liver and kidney function.. both of them were back to normal.. so it appears a high protein low carb cycle type diet over a period of time can wreak havoc on the kidneys and liver just like i read about online..

a month ago my TRT doc told me to go to my PCP and get more bloodwork done because my liver and kidney function were elevated.. being a typical guy i procrastinated and didnt go (LOL) and hoped when i did follow-up bloodwork (this time) because i had discontinued the carb cycle that my function of both organs would again return to normal.. well they did.. she said my liver was perfect and my kidney function while still slightly elevated was a lot lower than previously and nothing to worry about!

point being.. high protein/low carb/veggie only diet can cause ur kidneys and liver to work harder than they should have to.. food for thought! (pun intended)
    Glad everything is back to normal brother!!! I'm getting my self to the lab as well since the last time i went was July of last year...... Another reason to perhaps add some of that good chili to the diet lol

shoot pap i never went to any lab before startn TRT man

ok guys ive been a lazy butt long enuff! pretty much since i left for the cruise on april 28... so as a result i am gonna do a 4 week carb cycle cut starting tomorrow am! no more procrastinating..

something like:

moderate: 2200cals, 290g pro, 150g carbs 49g fat (100g from starch, 50g from veggies)

low: 1800cals, 290g pro, 50g carbs, 49g fat (all veggie)

high: 3000cals, 290g pro, 350g carbs, 49g fat (300g from starch, 50g from veggies)

think i may change the split to:
    day1 (mon) low: (am fasted cardio, depletion total body)
    day2 (tues) low: (depletion total body)
    day3 (wed) low: (am fasted cardio only)
    day4 (thurs) low: (am fasted cardio; pm mid range weight, mid range reps total body)<--- might have 50g carbs PRE W/O and PWO here..
    day5 (fri) high: (off)
    day6 (sat) moderate: (heavy total body)
    day7 (sun) moderate: (pm cardio HIIT, LIC combo)

this kind of models ud2.0 but i dont run 50% maintenance on low days and instead do 1800 cals.. and instead of 1300g carb load i just do a decent range refeed and introduce carbs back into the diet on day4 pre w/o and pwo.. depending how this works i may switch up in week 2 to model ud2.0 mainly just cuz i love the 1300g carb pig-out fest LOL

i need to get all the fat off me thats here cuz i didnt transition well from cutting to maintenance due to the vacation in the middle..

bf% came back today btw @8.55% at 191 lbs.. but i feel fatter than that i want to get as ripped as possible and then start maintenance like stem did prob @2400 cals for 2 weeks and then go up 100-200cals per week.. but first this fat has to go!!!

after this my goal is to establish a true maintenance by the end of august and then start an aggressive bulk.. maybe a bulk cycle.. theres a local BB contest here in june and im gonna go this yr and chek out the competition and maybe try to get a good bulk cycle followed by a cut cycle and maybe enter it next year depending how those 2 (or 4) cycles go.. ill prob need some input on this as far as timing goes.. 12week bulk cycle should be followed by 12 weeks off and then 12 week cutting cycle.. but this will have to be close to comp time if i decide to enter.. thats 36 weeks which will mean i have to wait later than august to start.. of course i also will have to get my TRT dialed in.. still trying to do that with my AI..

kind of a rambling post but i need some goals.. ive noticed about myself without goals i stagnate and thats not good.. need to be striving constantly

Seems like you know exactly where you want to be and that's a great thing.

I start a cut tomorrow. I have a definite goal for short and long term. Can't wait to get started.

good luck dude! cutting i know.. bulking is still thoeretical for me

good luck dude! cutting i know.. bulking is still thoeretical for me
    Yeah was thinking gettin a log going and that way receiving advice and help along the way... So maybe chime in when you have time

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---;601***3
    i need to do something.. i feel like a lazy piece of crap! think ive only done cardio twice in 2 or 3 weeks.. lift 3x per week but its only like 16sets or so per workout..
    you only need 12 sets per major muscle group (typically four different exercises) flat, incline, flies, dips for chest

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    you only need 12 sets per major muscle group (typically four different exercises) flat, incline, flies, dips for chest
    yeh thx i usually shoot for 12 but this past few weeks while running maintenance and being lazyish i was doing @ 16 sets.. but that was also for 2 bodyparts on a 3 day split

sometimes maybe 18sets such as:

chest:
    flat 4 sets
    incline 4 sets
    pec deck or cables or both 4 sets
    bb curls 4-6 sets

well if any of u guys wanna put urselves thru 1.5hrs of grueling torture let me know and ill give u the depletion workout i did today and have to do again tomorrow 1st day of carb cycle went well.. actually dont know if i even feel like hitting 1800 cals today.. debating on just running 1400 so i can carb load thurs nite and friday

well round 2 of depletion dun and im very glad already looking better in the mirror.. i think i like myself carb depleted.. as far as how i look in the mirror.. of course my eyes always gravitate to the abdominal area

tomorrow fasted cardio only and thurs fasted cardio am and lunchtime workout.. then i get to load on carbs! yes!!

man i tell u its a stretch going from 3000cals per day for a month down to 1400 overnite

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    man i tell u its a stretch going from 3000cals per day for a month down to 1400 overnite
    Lol the first few days are always the worst, just reading that is making me gnaw on my fingers.

LOL tell me about it.. also i get to combine along with the extreme caloric deficit the total elimination of "starchy" carbs for 4 days! and the added bonus of a 2 day total body depletion workout! in a way its kinda nice in the sense i feel like im doing something again.. maintenance was demotivating and boring... although once i get bf where i want it i think ill be ok with it.. i just didnt like it cuz i think im still carrying a little fat from my cruise.. maybe 5lbs..

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    LOL tell me about it.. also i get to combine along with the extreme caloric deficit the total elimination of "starchy" carbs for 4 days! and the added bonus of a 2 day total body depletion workout! in a way its kinda nice in the sense i feel like im doing something again.. maintenance was demotivating and boring... although once i get bf where i want it i think ill be ok with it.. i just didnt like it cuz i think im still carrying a little fat from my cruise.. maybe 5lbs..
    I guess it's a case of if the such strictness is worth the results, in your case, I would say it is. I tried UD 2.0 on my deployment (not as clean and correct as yours) but I would just keep thinking about the carb weekends lol. I would get euphoria and sleep like a baby on the weekends it was crazy lol.

yeh the carbload thru the weekend is great.. day 4 pwo thru day 5 especially! i originally intended to just do a standard carb cycle but then i got to thinking about my refeed day being only 300g carbs and thought " man thats not enuff... if i just drop cals another 400 on days 1-4 i can eat 1300g carbs with cereal and bagels and stuff LOL".. and here i am.. plus i had decent results with ud2 for the first 3 weeks.. after that i just maintained bf%.. im also hoping the month of maintenance reset whatever was in "diet mode" and maybe ill see better results than i did the last time..

im not fat at all and can see abs to a certain extent still but have the stubborn fat love handle area that was gone and is a little chubby now after vacation and i hate it! gotta go.. i think once its gone again i can run maintenance and keep a good eye on it.. it kinda developed almost overnite after the cruise..

ok guys ive been a lazy butt long enuff! pretty much since i left for the cruise on april 28... so as a result i am gonna do a 4 week carb cycle cut starting tomorrow am! no more procrastinating..

something like:

moderate: 2200cals, 290g pro, 150g carbs 49g fat (100g from starch, 50g from veggies)

low: 1800cals, 290g pro, 50g carbs, 49g fat (all veggie)

high: 3000cals, 290g pro, 350g carbs, 49g fat (300g from starch, 50g from veggies)

think i may change the split to:
    day1 (mon) low: (am fasted cardio, depletion total body)
    day2 (tues) low: (depletion total body)
    day3 (wed) low: (am fasted cardio only)
    day4 (thurs) low: (am fasted cardio; pm mid range weight, mid range reps total body)<--- might have 50g carbs PRE W/O and PWO here..
    day5 (fri) high: (off)
    day6 (sat) moderate: (heavy total body)
    day7 (sun) moderate: (pm cardio HIIT, LIC combo)

this kind of models ud2.0 but i dont run 50% maintenance on low days and instead do 1800 cals.. and instead of 1300g carb load i just do a decent range refeed and introduce carbs back into the diet on day4 pre w/o and pwo.. depending how this works i may switch up in week 2 to model ud2.0 mainly just cuz i love the 1300g carb pig-out fest LOL

i need to get all the fat off me thats here cuz i didnt transition well from cutting to maintenance due to the vacation in the middle..

bf% came back today btw @8.55% at 191 lbs.. but i feel fatter than that i want to get as ripped as possible and then start maintenance like stem did prob @2400 cals for 2 weeks and then go up 100-200cals per week.. but first this fat has to go!!!

after this my goal is to establish a true maintenance by the end of august and then start an aggressive bulk.. maybe a bulk cycle.. theres a local BB contest here in june and im gonna go this yr and chek out the competition and maybe try to get a good bulk cycle followed by a cut cycle and maybe enter it next year depending how those 2 (or 4) cycles go.. ill prob need some input on this as far as timing goes.. 12week bulk cycle should be followed by 12 weeks off and then 12 week cutting cycle.. but this will have to be close to comp time if i decide to enter.. thats 36 weeks which will mean i have to wait later than august to start.. of course i also will have to get my TRT dialed in.. still trying to do that with my AI..

kind of a rambling post but i need some goals.. ive noticed about myself without goals i stagnate and thats not good.. need to be striving constantly
    I know i was gone for a long time but you are at 191 at 8%, did you bulk while i was gone?? Did i miss something?? Man you are my idol lol I still got a little bit to be at 8% and not to mention weight will be at 180 most likely !!! God i wish i had your 600% commitment!!!! Envy moment!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    I know i was gone for a long time but you are at 191 at 8%, did you bulk while i was gone?? Did i miss something?? Man you are my idol lol I still got a little bit to be at 8% and not to mention weight will be at 180 most likely !!! God i wish i had your 600% commitment!!!! Envy moment!!!
    pap i appreciate it man! as u know my wife does the calipers and im not sure 8.55% is dead on accurate im prob closer to 10% but who knows.. i should go to the bod pod again i suppose its about time.. i think i will afgter this 4 weeks of cutting!

well day 4 with no carbs is upon me glad of it too! i have some cheerios in my car for pre workout! after that itll be capn crunch! followed by oatmeal pancakes.. or maybe ill have the pancakes first! oh glorious carbload day i love you! <3 <3 <3

weight 187lbs (depleted)

pap i appreciate it man! as u know my wife does the calipers and im not sure 8.55% is dead on accurate im prob closer to 10% but who knows.. i should go to the bod pod again i suppose its about time.. i think i will afgter this 4 weeks of cutting!
    No i am sure you are there i didnt mean it in a negative way is just that i am at 164lb lbm last bodpod and if i continue at that weight 8% for me would be 180 or a little lower so you can imagine when i see you at 8% but 191 how envious i feel lol but hey whatever it takes right!!?

After im done cutting im going to hit that bulk like there is no tomorrow!!!! My strength is gone to shyt, obviously my size, but im hopeful that when i bulk i will gain the lbm back fast........Key word Hopeful

Keep up the good work bud!!! Enter that competition, maybe after you i'll get inspired myself lol. Yeah right, that was a joke people

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    even though im carrying a serve injury. this has pumped me to set my diet up so i can least loose some bf% and do what little exercises i can do.

thanks for the great log. great inspiration and to be honest i was ready to throw in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    No i am sure you are there i didnt mean it in a negative way is just that i am at 164lb lbm last bodpod and if i continue at that weight 8% for me would be 180 or a little lower so you can imagine when i see you at 8% but 191 how envious i feel lol but hey whatever it takes right!!?

After im done cutting im going to hit that bulk like there is no tomorrow!!!! My strength is gone to shyt, obviously my size, but im hopeful that when i bulk i will gain the lbm back fast........Key word Hopeful

Keep up the good work bud!!! Enter that competition, maybe after you i'll get inspired myself lol. Yeah right, that was a joke people
    thx pap.. ill be going this yr to the comp but just as a spectator.. id need to be a lot leaner and bigger to feel good about entering maybe thatll change when i see the competition but i doubt it.. whatcha been cutting this whole time? where u at rite now?

Quote Originally Posted by t-gunz View Post
    even though im carrying a serve injury. this has pumped me to set my diet up so i can least loose some bf% and do what little exercises i can do.

thanks for the great log. great inspiration and to be honest i was ready to throw in the towel.

glad to be here to help if i can! NEVER GIVE UP DUDE! i was almost ready to give up before i came on here and got with SteM.. im glad i didnt! injuries will heal.. just concentrate on getting better and do what u can not to let urself go to far now so u wont have as far to go to get back dude!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    hey 405, go check out my workout in my thread and let me know what ya think.

looks like you are back on track i see. did i read, competition??? i would think that the posing would be the hardest thing to do!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    hey 405, go check out my workout in my thread and let me know what ya think.

looks like you are back on track i see. did i read, competition??? i would think that the posing would be the hardest thing to do!
    will do cajun..

yeh the gym i go to the guy who owns it suggested i get into a local competition but i am under no delusion that i look good enuff to be competitive i will go this year to chek it out and see if maybe with a bulking cycle followed by a cutting cycle over the next year if i may have a shot then..

alright guys i figd its been a while since i posted any pics so to keep myself honest and to show yall i havent been slacking too bad i figd id post some updated i took these this morning.. cold and depleted..

i think i mite start doing some ab work.. i havent really done any at all except a day here and there.. less than 10 times in 8months.. think it mite help? what yall think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ---&gt;&gt;405&lt;&lt;--- accountability/progress log-june1-4.jpg   ---&gt;&gt;405&lt;&lt;--- accountability/progress log-june1-3.jpg   ---&gt;&gt;405&lt;&lt;--- accountability/progress log-june1-5.jpg   ---&gt;&gt;405&lt;&lt;--- accountability/progress log-june1-2.jpg  

Thread Information