Page 9 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: --->>405<<--- accountability/progress log

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    well i ran out of protein powder and the kind my wife got had 9gcarb/serving so she had to take it back.. total daily macros got thrown off so.. 1934/246/92/60

weird how that happened .. usually i have like 300 more cals and 5g less fat.. oh well whatever..should be back on track better tomorrow

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Don't panic and worry so much about not having whey on hand. If it was for post workout you could have just subbed with 10gBCAA and the maybe a chicken breas or egg whites and some oats, basically the same macro's as your PWO shake.

That was a tiny weight gain for, what to me, is a big plate of food.

You'll be less than 200lbs in a few days time. Happy?

funny stem i woke up this am and weighed 200 on the nose which is .4lbs lighter than i was on saturday.. my macros were off for yesterday though..

actual total daily macros for yesterday:1564/215/80/41..the macros i posted last nite i did before actually eating meal 6.. had no pro powder and ran out of cottage cheese so i didnt eat my nat PB since they go together i just skipped meal 6.. didnt have it in me to do cardio this am either cuz i only had 5 hrs sleep.. i did however do it yesterday which is usually an off day so i think ill be ok..

today:chest/bis

ill have to remember that about the bcaas.. i didnt even think about them.. i guess i have them programmed in my mind for pre-fasted cardio only..

and actually stem that was what i considered to be a conservative plate of food.. i would prob eat almost twice that much before..

oh 1 other question.. the protein powder i have now for today only has 27g carb in 3 servings (which is how many in get pwo) should i drink it and just leave off the oats to compensate for carbs today???

Yeah, just hit your macro's dude, it's not gonna matter for one day having the 'wrong' type of carbs after training. May I suggest you switch your protein from concentrate to isolate!? More protein, less carbs and less fat per serving and quicker into your system too.

hmm isolate huh?? LOL i guess i dont pay attention to type as much as i just look at pro/carb/fat.. my wife usually gets it but i think they quit carrying the kind i usually use..i know the kind with the 9c has bcaas in it .. prob some other stuff too.. im not a big reader.. maybe i should change that about me will look into that isolate protein..

Got in a good chest and bi wkout todat.. Stem i wrote down every rep and weight i did .. I can def see where thats gonna come in handy.. Every week ill try to do more weight or more reps.. Didnt take that lOng at all either.. Just wrote during rest tween sets

That's it, jot it down as you complete each set, makes certain you won't forget by doing it later on. Chest and bi's for me today too, first time in 12 weeks I had no progression at all.
    When you doing more pics?

2 weeks from saturday

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Happy halloween!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

and to u slim

well i had another 1300 start today.. was nice cuz i got to sleep til 1030.. got up did 45 min fasted cardio .. at 1800 i have legs.. also i broke thru under 200 lb mark today!!! weighed 199.4 when i awoke pretty good milestone for me .. havent been under 200lbs in 2 yrs..

have a question SteM.. now i usually lift at 1200 so i have 3 carb meals in meals 1,2,and3.. today i dont lift until 1800 so should i still eat all my carbs in first 3 meals or switch so the carb meals fall before my lift and pwo??

Yep, fit 'em round your workout. Personally I would have them in meal 1 and then whatever meals are pre and post.

Congrats on being sub 200. Getting an idea of what you may look like at 180 yet?

starting to still have good bit of fat im ready to get gone however i do look alot thinner in clothing havent lost much strength either.. i think writing down my weights and reps will also help me keep an eye on that sort of thing.. esp changing my wkout im in unfamiliar territory with weights and reps.. chest is sore today though which is new.. i dont usually get sore

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Good progress 405, keep going at it, im definitely following you on this one.

thx dude i appreciate it..will do the same for u man

well i didnt get to finish all my food yesterday..ran out of time.. Total Daily Macros Yesterday:2052/278/88/59

also this am i couldnt get out of bed to do am fasted cardio cuz i didnt go to bed til 0030... so.. instead ill do HIIT at lunch since theres no lifting today.. other than that things r going well..was down to 198.4 this am.. 1 lb drop from yesterday and 2 lbs since saturday(SteM maybe i should cheat more often ) just kidding

hey stem ... curious.. on cardio only days like today would i do better (when doing HIIT at lunch) to leave carb meals for after my HIIT ?? so meal 1 and meal 2 would be:
    meal1:1 whole egg
    4 egg whites
    3 oz shrimp

meal2:5 oz chk breast
    2 cups broccoli

meal3:2 scoops whey
    1/2 cup oats

meal4:6 oz burger
    2 cups broccoli
    4 oz sweet pot

meal5:2 cans tuna
    asparagus
    1tsp evoo

meal6:1 cup cott cheese
    2 tbs nat PB

thats way im still carb fasted at lunch???

HIIT is different in many ways to fasted cardio. I for one like to fuel my HIIT cardio so I can work that bit harder during the session. Ultimately your cals and macro's will be the same during the day so I would suggest you fuel yours too.

Good weight loss this weight. Sometimes cheats do help, just not regular ones. Also you didn't hit your macro's the day before and your carbs were quite low. That said, I'm pleased you don't have the patience to weigh yourself once per week. This way you should learn why you may be lighter one day than the next.

Do you ever eat fruit?

no fruit.. what i posted in post 339 is what ive been eating 7 days/week since sept 28 literally.. with the exception of that one cheat meal... 100% without deviation.. as in NO DEVIATION AT ALL... i must say today i went ahead and didnt eat carbs after meal one which was 1/4 cup oats so ill eat my last carb for the day with meal 4 today except for the 10 or so g carbs in my cott cheese..

Ha ha, not checking up on you, dude, just asking.

BTW are you supplementing with anything other than BCAA's?

not currently supplementing with anything but bcaa and whey.. and i didnt think u were checking up on me just wanted to make sure u understood what i was eating i know yall said fish oil caps ive just been lazy about that i guess.. not a big fan of the fishy burps.. is there anything else i should be taking?? if so could u explain why?? thx..

You're training hard and eating under maintenance so your body will be loving every nutrient you give it. As the range of veggies/fruit is fairly limited on a cutting diet I always supplement with a multi vit/mineral to ensure I'm not missing out on too much. I don't believe in spending loads of money on a multi vit just something that'll give about 100% of your RDA. I take mine at breakfast.

Other than that I like caffeine pre-workout in the form of tablets not actual coffee and I may add some green tea tabs to the caffeine if I remember to buy them. I also like kre alkalyn creatine because I can feel the benefit ut I know it isn't everybodies favourite supp.

BTW I have no real issue with some fruit. I have half a red grapefruit with breakfast and often have a kiwi fruit with one of my other carb meals, usually PPWO. Just account for them in my macro's.

Caffeine pre workout.. Interesting.. What for energy? Like how much caffeine??mg??I think ill just stay away fr the fruit for now.. Will look into multivitamin as well.. Have creatine will chk think it may be krealkalyn..

Total daily macros:2257/304/104/64

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    i workout at 2:30am most of the time and i found a large cup or coffee on my drive there really amped my workout. i now have caffeine pills. 200mg a pill and i take one with my eca stack 20mins before my workout

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    im not say you should do an eca stack by the way especially if your doing so good with out any of that crap. im just saying caffeine will keep you kicking during a workout

Yep, 200mg tabs. Esp pre fasted cardio, helps 'mobilise' fat cells. Before a lifting workout, for improved intensity, I sometimes wash a tab down with a cup of coffee!

Funny.. Stem .. Wash down caffeine with coffee.: well i made a major boo boo last nite.. I was at work til 00:00 and about 22:30 i was thirsty so i went over to the soda machine and got a mello yello zero to drink.. Went on about my business and sipped on it for the next hr and a half... Well about 00:15 i was on my way home and i took a sip and all of a sudden it hit me.. "this tastes funny" i turnd on the lite in my car and to my dismay reLized it wasnt a mello yello zero at all! It was a regular mello yello.. I frantically turnd the bottle around(20oz) and lookd at the sugar amt for the whole bottle.. 78g!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! LOL.. And i had already drank almost half of it.. Thats 40g of high fructose corn syrup i accidentally ingested.. And nothing i can do about it tats the last time i get a "diet soda" from tat machine

Have Ppt with endocrinologist today at 12:20 hope it goes well

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Yep, 200mg tabs. Esp pre fasted cardio, helps 'mobilise' fat cells. Before a lifting workout, for improved intensity, I sometimes wash a tab down with a cup of coffee!
    interesting....thanks SteM

and 405....just think of how you might have viewed that yellow yummy drink before starting all of this!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    interesting....thanks SteM
    In all honesty it doesn't make that much difference unless you are using it constantly over a period of time. But it is inexpensive though more effective when 'stacked' with other compounds, particularly compounds that act like adrenalin. This is why it works so well with ephedrine and, indeed, clenbuterol .

Green tea is another inexpensive option that I like to stack it with though there are others. There are numerous studies on the subject.

As a side note the free fatty acids that it releases nto the bloodstream will be burned with the right type of exercise but if all the FFA's are not used they will simply return to the fat cells. So you can't sit on your bum drinking coffee after coffee expecting a thermogenic effect.

405 - noted re: the yellow carbonated drink that I've never heard of! It's a reminder that when dieting always check the label.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    In all honesty it doesn't make that much difference unless you are using it constantly over a period of time.
    Thanks SteM. what do you consider this period of time to be? lets say one does fasted cardio 5-6 times a week for 3 months would this be a sufficient period of time? or are we talking about longer.....appreciate it....

hope you are okay with some questions 405~
    Author Unknown

yeh actually i have stayd away fr high fructose corn syrup for years just not ice cream and chk wings and pizza

yeh actually i have stayd away fr high fructose corn syrup for years just not ice cream and chk wings and pizza

No prob slim ask away

[QUOTE=SlimmerMe;5798162]Thanks SteM. what do you consider this period of time to be? lets say one does fasted cardio 5-6 times a week for 3 months would this be a sufficient period of time? or are we talking about longer.....appreciate it....QUOTE]

I would think that's a reasonable amount of time yep. Is that what you used? Anything with it?

Personally I use it before lifting and before any fasted cardio if I ever get the chance to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    No prob slim ask away
    great! it is how we all learn so happy to hear...

[QUOTE=SteM;5798215]
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Thanks SteM. what do you consider this period of time to be? lets say one does fasted cardio 5-6 times a week for 3 months would this be a sufficient period of time? or are we talking about longer.....appreciate it....QUOTE]

I would think that's a reasonable amount of time yep. Is that what you used? Anything with it?

Personally I use it before lifting and before any fasted cardio if I ever get the chance to do it.
    never tried it but might when I start back my fasted cardio....thanks!
    Author Unknown

Well its been a busy day:. I tell u 2300 cals can be hard to hit sometimes when eatn chk breazt and veg and sweet potatoes didnt make it today.. The only meal i didnt get in was pwo and i didnt "wo" today so i hope its ok ... I did do fasted cardio but not lift.. I did sub a 5 oz chk breast fir my 2 scoops whey but i did not eat anyth in place of carbs..

Tomorrow is gonna be a hard hitting back workout for sure.. Now stem hiw long do i have to wait til thr caffeine starts releasing those fat cells?? Just 200 mg caffeine is enuff??

Endo results maybe monday poss wed.. Will be interested to see why my test is low.. Hope its not a pituitary tumor

Total Daily Macros:2030/300/75/50

200mg is a good start, see how you go with it. If you don't normally have a high caffeine intake then it should be sufficient. Pre fasted cardio I break a tab into 4 and I down it within 5 mins of the start. Pre lifting I have it whole about 20 mins before I start.

ok good deal.. well i got in my 45 min fasted cardio this am.. had to do it at 0430 which was not so fun but once i got going i was ok..thought about doing HIIT but i just didnt have it in me looking forward to lifting today since i havent been since tuesday.. hope everyone is doing well..

Thread Information