Page 96 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4686919293949596979899100101106 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,840 of 4241
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: --->>405<<--- accountability/progress log

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    I don't know how I missed your current pics. Man, you've come a long way. Your legs are tree stumps. Nice. Sometimes, I wish I wasn't 6'2"-what a cop out excuse. Lol. Anyway, let me see if I'm following this. You're doing 60+ mins of fasted cardio 3x per week, lifting 3-4x per week, loading up on carbs on lifting days, fasting(?????) EOD??

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    I don't know how I missed your current pics. Man, you've come a long way. Your legs are tree stumps. Nice. Sometimes, I wish I wasn't 6'2"-what a cop out excuse. Lol. Anyway, let me see if I'm following this. You're doing 60+ mins of fasted cardio 3x per week, lifting 3-4x per week, loading up on carbs on lifting days, fasting(?????) EOD??
    thx man

cardio 90mins EOD (2 sessions, 1 x 60min, 1 x 30min)
    training EOD (upper/lower split)
    fasting EOD (20hrs)
    carb loading pre workout EOD (300-400g)

often i wish i were 6'2"

good lower body workout. hit a best drop set and im cutting

squat: (box, parallel, NO SPOT)
    455 x 4, drop set 405 x 5, drop set 365 x 8

pretty happy with that.. probably couldve gotten 455 x 5 but i was the only guy in the gym so..
    RaginCajun likes this.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    If you were the only guy in the gym you probably did 20 reps, right
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    If you were the only guy in the gym you probably did 20 reps, right
    uh..... yeh! thats right 20 i meant 20.. what did i say 4?? that was a typo..!!

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

uh..... yeh! thats right 20 i meant 20.. what did i say 4?? that was a typo..!!
    455 is very impressive though mate! 440 (200kg) is my next goal!

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    455 is very impressive though mate! 440 (200kg) is my next goal!
    thx man.. ive done 505 (i think it was) on a smith x 5 reps but never as a free weight box squat.. i def think i can do 495 but not without a spotter!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

thx man.. ive done 505 (i think it was) on a smith x 5 reps but never as a free weight box squat.. i def think i can do 495 but not without a spotter!
    That's some heavy weight!

Wish I could go heavy but my back and knees won't allow me to.

If you think you can, then you can, no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    That's some heavy weight!

Wish I could go heavy but my back and knees won't allow me to.

If you think you can, then you can, no doubt!
    with squats ive learned something valuable:
    do BOX SQUATS!!!

i cant emphasize this enuff! i used to think i was doing squats correctly and going all the way down until i started doing these bad boys..i went from 405 to 315 and my ego went with it! i currently use 2 different benches to squat with. one of em puts me at parallel and the other puts me past parallel (below parallel), i train mostly with the one that goes past parallel. at one point i even went as low as 225 to get my balance and form correct. i have worked my way back up to 405 x 1 on the past parallel squat which = 455 x 4 at parallel..

needless to say it has enabled me to increase my strength in this exercise.. when i went from the one that goes past parallel to the one that is parallel you wouldnt believe the difference in 2 inches!

i will always use this method..

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    with squats ive learned something valuable:
    do BOX SQUATS!!!

i cant emphasize this enuff! i used to think i was doing squats correctly and going all the way down until i started doing these bad boys..i went from 405 to 315 and my ego went with it! i currently use 2 different benches to squat with. one of em puts me at parallel and the other puts me past parallel (below parallel), i train mostly with the one that goes past parallel. at one point i even went as low as 225 to get my balance and form correct. i have worked my way back up to 405 x 1 on the past parallel squat which = 455 x 4 at parallel..

needless to say it has enabled me to increase my strength in this exercise.. when i went from the one that goes past parallel to the one that is parallel you wouldnt believe the difference in 2 inches!

i will always use this method..
    I powerlifted in college for LSU so technique is ingrained in me!

yes, box squats are the tits!

squats are my fav thing to do in the gym!

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Excellent! And just when I was kind of proud of my 420 x 5 on the leg press.... Oh well, that's what I get for not working legs. I hope to get my squats into the mid 300's someday but don't think 400's are likely. Very impressive.

I may try incorporating box squats on my lighter days to see how they are. I usually have someone watch my form on squats, being 6'4" means its a long way down and back up, so without someone watching I would probably not go as deep as I should.

Very impressed though 405, specially for your weight! Do you deadlift or do any Olympic lifting too?

Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
    Excellent! And just when I was kind of proud of my 420 x 5 on the leg press.... Oh well, that's what I get for not working legs. I hope to get my squats into the mid 300's someday but don't think 400's are likely. Very impressive.
    uh oh... u better get cracking! seems to me working legs should be a requirement to maintain membership in good standing after having been a member here for 90days!

I may try incorporating box squats on my lighter days to see how they are. I usually have someone watch my form on squats, being 6'4" means its a long way down and back up, so without someone watching I would probably not go as deep as I should.

Very impressed though 405, specially for your weight! Do you deadlift or do any Olympic lifting too?
    do it man they will help a ton! u may go down in weight but it will only be temporary, u will actually be getting stronger even though ur lifting less weight and feel weaker!

do it man they will help a ton! u may go down in weight but it will only be temporary, u will actually be getting stronger even though ur lifting less weight and feel weaker!
    Ill definitely include them for a few workouts. I got a PB on my racklifts on Wednesday, I got 200kg for 10 easy reps, having previously only got it for 5-6. I'm also cutting, although I've recently introduced a few more carbs to try get a bit more intensity in workouts. I was feeling a little lack-luster.
    ~185kg for 5 reps though mate, that's a pretty impressive lift too! Have you got an end goal for your cutting? Or you just running with it until you're happy?

warlockjmr is offline Junior Member
    One of the other great things about box squats is that they disengage the posterior chain. No stretch reflex makes it so much harder on the working muscles! Def looking into your carb cycling approach 405, seems really interesting.

Ill definitely include them for a few workouts. I got a PB on my racklifts on Wednesday, I got 200kg for 10 easy reps, having previously only got it for 5-6. I'm also cutting, although I've recently introduced a few more carbs to try get a bit more intensity in workouts. I was feeling a little lack-luster.
    ~185kg for 5 reps though mate, that's a pretty impressive lift too! Have you got an end goal for your cutting? Or you just running with it until you're happy?
    just going til im happy! dont know where that will be but i k now its not where im at right now!

(prob 9-10%)

Quote Originally Posted by warlockjmr View Post
    One of the other great things about box squats is that they disengage the posterior chain. No stretch reflex makes it so much harder on the working muscles! Def looking into your carb cycling approach 405, seems really interesting.
    now that is some fancy talk!

if u have any questions feel free!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    just going til im happy! dont know where that will be but i k now its not where im at right now!

(prob 9-10%)
    210lbs sub 10% by the end of the year mate. Then you can set another goal

Maybe you'll enter that competition next year?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

warlockjmr is offline Junior Member
    Cheers man, I'll give you a shout in the next week or so if thats cool! I feel we're fairly similar in build so would be awesome to pick your brains.

(prob 9-10%)
    That's a sweet goal mate. You're still natural right? I think you'll become a beast if/when you do jump on.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    210lbs sub 10% by the end of the year mate. Then you can set another goal

Maybe you'll enter that competition next year?
    i like the way u think there BIB!
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockjmr View Post
    Cheers man, I'll give you a shout in the next week or so if thats cool! I feel we're fairly similar in build so would be awesome to pick your brains.
    roger that there buddy!

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Might try box squats... I get an insane lower back pump when squatting so maybe lowering the weight for box squats may help!!

That's a sweet goal mate. You're still natural right? I think you'll become a beast if/when you do jump on.
    just TRT

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    Might try box squats... I get an insane lower back pump when squatting so maybe lowering the weight for box squats may help!!
    i do sometimes too. usually its when i do a lot of reps.. do u get them when u go heavy for a single set of 5??

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Hi 405! Been busy and it's keeping me away a bit.

Did u hit 405?
    Any new "red necks" show up looking to cut? no. Not yet. Pity. Lmbo.

i do sometimes too. usually its when i do a lot of reps.. do u get them when u go heavy for a single set of 5??
    Not a single set but over two to four sets. It causes me to rest longer to allow it calm down.. It sucks so I was thinking dropping weight on box squat may help.

tomorrow will be day 21 .. feeling and looking better.. vascularity is coming back, definition is coming back, and i actually look as though imay have gained a bit of LBM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ---&gt;&gt;405&lt;&lt;--- accountability/progress log-photo-17-.jpg  

tomorrow will be day 21 .. feeling and looking better.. vascularity is coming back, definition is coming back, and i actually look as though imay have gained a bit of LBM
    Looking real big buddy!

Looking sweet bro... Delts by the look of things look awesome. By far my favourite body part to work on along with legs.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    looking huge, biceps stand out. And damn I wish I could just get that lean. jealous

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    thx cajun.. TRT: 50% without a doubt! hard to get lean and make gains when ur natty free test is 7.3 (8.7-25.1) total test was 349 (348-1197)

assuming we all train and do cardio ill give 45% to diet and 5% to my workouts. basically my old original pic is what i looked like by lifting and doing some cardio with a not so good diet and horrible natty test..
    I believe this man, my natty test is in the 400 range right now. And when I done my sust 250 every other week, I seen great gains. Now after being off, nothing...just maybe some shape/symmetry. Would this attribute to my fat settling in my belly? I hate to ask you so many questions on you thread pls forgive me.

^^thx kj and kruger

no probs with the questions man thats why this thread is here

If ur natty total test is 400 u need to find out wat ur free test is.. Sounds to me like ur a TRT candidate.. That will make all the difference in the world.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Looking good man. I'm starting my cut tomorrow and I'm just finishing the final touches on my diet and training. I'll be posting up a log sometime today. I'll link you in when I get it up. I'll have to get your input on BF%. What's your weight and BF now?

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    PM Sent

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    You look thicker so whatever you are doing is working. Nice to see members achieve their goals!

^^thx GGR!

hope ur doing well..

so i weighed in this am: 208.6lbs down from 214.8lbs (i think) 3 weeks ago. thats 6.2 lbs over 3 weeks which is right on track

i had planned on reducing my carbs this week from 400g to 300g but i thought better of it. no point in doing so as long as im still losing fat. i will continue with 400g carbs EOD at least thru this week. i may reduce them next week and run 300g carbs for 4 weeks. after that i expect to maybe reduce to 200-250g and run it for 4 weeks and after that increase to 2 days fasting one day training.. this is pretty much how i have successfully cut to single digit bf..

id also like to note that after just 3 weeks i went from what i would consider fat to not fat. i am not lean by my standards but probably a lot leaner than most average people. feeling good about my diet thus far and have decent momentum going.

todays carbs consist of:
    4 pieces whole wheat toast with sugar free jam + 2 whole eggs, 1 cup egg whites.
    4oz whole wheat pasta with tomato and meat sauce
    4 servings peanut butter capn crunch
    4 whole wheat bagel (thin bagel) sandwiches with ham and onion and mayo

eventually i may have to tighten up on carb sources, but maybe not. i have noticed last week when i ate the bagels i got way better of a pump than i did the time before when i had oatmeal.. it seems the bagels worked well so i am keeping them in.

post workout today ill have:
    2 chicken breasts (bone-in, skin on)
    1 pound 96%fat free ground beef sauteed with onion and teriyaki sauce..

good day of eating

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    bagel (thin) is the next generation pre work out sup

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    bagel (thin) is the next generation pre work out sup
    LOL.. u damn straight!

Well ive officially graduated.. BiB i know u remember instructing me 2 yrs ago NOt to do squats with a pad. Well i couldnt just use the bar cuz it hurt so bad when i went heavier. I never really understood but assumed i disnt have enuff meat in the trap.

Well i have been hitting traps hard for the last year or so and also been using a pad to squat. Well today i forgot my pad. Actually i think i lost it. Anyways i did all sets including 405 with no pad and no pain!

Needless to say im also a fair bit stronger at shrugs than i was a year ago!! Lol..

No more pad for me!
    RaginCajun likes this.

Thread Information