Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: --->>405<<--- accountability/progress log

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    november 1.. ok .. well i had a good workout today.. startn monday im gonna try the wkout sched stem gave me.. plannd on doin 20 min cardio aftr but i was spent and didnt have running shorts(lucky me ).. ialso would like to put in ive nev er worked my legs strictly EVER.. id do 3 sets or 4 leg press 3 days /week but never dun a "leg day" i do remember reading in mens health mag that if u took 2 guys exactly the same and one wkd legs and the other didnt , the one who did would be like 25%(maybe a little off??)leaner than the one who didnt.. any input on that stem or GB??im hoping that incorporating legs is gonna help me more than i think.. also i will do 40 mins cardio when i get home from wk today..

well i dont know what happened i thought i put up a post and it disappeared.. weird.. anyways october 30(Sunday) it is.. had a good lift session today.. plannd on running on treadmill after but i didnt have any shorts so ill do 40 min cardio when i get home from work.. also LEGS.. ive NEVER workd them regularly before.. did maybe 3 or 4 sets leg press 3x/week a little bit but thats it.. i read in menshealth mag that if u took 2 guys exactly the same (twins or whatever,clones ) and 1 of them workd legs and the other didnt..the one who didf would be like 25%(not sure of exact amt)leaner than the one who didnt.. so im hoping that doing legs startn monday on the wkout Stem suggestd is gonna help me more than i realise.. most of my friends r like "legs??i dont care about that i just want to be big up top" and i guess i had the same attitude as well.. any thoughts ??? or advice?? BTW GB i really appreciate u and Stem helpn me out man.. i couldnt do this w/o u.. i can run and lift and be disciplined but i just dont know how much of what to do when and why and stuff so thx alot fellas..

ok thats funny im a freakn NEWB !!! well i was wondering how long itd take to get to a pg 2.. now i know .. 5 days.. i was gonna try to delete the first post but screw it .. ill just be the IDIOT LOL..

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Not sure how you can wait as long as 2 weeks for your weigh in, when I'm on a cut I'm so impatient I weigh myself twice a week til I figure I'm about 12% then only once a week. But by then you learn to let go of the wait and the mirror starts telling you almost everything you need to know.

LEGS!! Yeah man, essential as far as I'm concerned. Big lifts are proven to increase test levels, so you HAVE TO squat. A good leg session will also burn a shed load of calories and will really work your cardio system too. Get your technique sorted and then play with reps and weight combo's. My legs respond better to higher rep (10-15) range.

Oh, and I nevr do a HIIT cardio session or the day (sometimes 2 days) after.

And I agree on not cheating for the first few weeks. Get in a rhythm, lose some weight and you'll be much more conscious of partly undoing the weeks good work in a one hour binge. If you cheat, just let us know. Abs are better than cake!

Good work on the macro's again!

what do u think about smith mach squats vs free standing?? i usually lift alone.. i like to go at my pace and then i dont have to keep pulling wt off and putting wt on.. not alot of time for that.. i could do the high rep free squats but i thinnk with heavy i prob outta stik w smith..??

Do you have a squat/power rack? I train alone and squat in a rack. I don't like smith squats. I think they cause too many injuries. Unless you have a dual plane Smith? Where it goes back and forward as well as up and down.

yeh have a squat rack.. i can do it in there ..

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I would personally never NOT have legs incorporated as a major part of my routine. They account for nearly half the muscle on your body, think about that!

There are conflicting studies about test levels being elevated as a direct result of big leg workouts, but the bottom line is if you don't do them and develop a nice upper body, you'll look weird. Who would want that? Furthermore, you run a higher risk of injury as you will have an imbalance with legs not built to support a bigger upper half.

Depending on how you run your leg day, you can burn a TON of calories. I haven't read all of what Stem has suggested and therefore don't want to inadvertently advise against it, but i'd suggest high reps (15-20 range) on squatting exercises and leg press. Keep very short rest periods, 45 secs tops. Finish a leg workout like that and you'll be begging for high intensity cardio, because this kind of workout pwns!! I literally couldn't catch my breath for over 5 minutes after finishing 4 sets of front squats for 20 reps each.

PS - definitely free form vs. smith if possible. The smith 'locks' you into an unnatural ROM which can be dangerous. It may seem/feel safer, but it isn't. I've never hurt myself squatting. Have hurt myself pretty badly squatting on a smith machine. I don't use it for anything but shrugs personally.

Ok cool! Legs it is monday with shoulders.. Figd id maybe superset squats, leg extens, leg press, and maybe dumbell lunges.. Try 4 sets/15-20 reps then do the same with shoulders: maybe pick 4 exercises and superset them 4 times 8-12 reps... Thats 32 total sets in bout 45 mins.. Im actually really curious to see how it goes.. I know after a good set of squats i get lightheaded after i set the weight down.. (is that normal??)

Just got thru with my 40 min cardio.. Have been wondering for awhile how accurate my calorie counter is.. 16.6cal/min .. That sound high or rite?? About 665 cal in 40 min.. I must say the cardio wasnt too bad today.. Prob cuz its my 6th strait day of it.. Havent dun cardio 6 strait days in i dont knkw how long... Tomorrow is an "off" day and im off work.. My first full day off since sep 13 so im gonna lay on the couch all day long Macros arent really gonna change cuz i
    Eating the exact same thing everyday.. ( that ok or do i need to eat difft food??) ill post them after i eat last meal anyways...

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Ok cool! Legs it is monday with shoulders.. Figd id maybe superset squats, leg extens, leg press, and maybe dumbell lunges.. Try 4 sets/15-20 reps then do the same with shoulders: maybe pick 4 exercises and superset them 4 times 8-12 reps... Thats 32 total sets in bout 45 mins.. Im actually really curious to see how it goes.. I know after a good set of squats i get lightheaded after i set the weight down.. (is that normal??)

Just got thru with my 40 min cardio.. Have been wondering for awhile how accurate my calorie counter is.. 16.6cal/min .. That sound high or rite?? About 665 cal in 40 min.. I must say the cardio wasnt too bad today.. Prob cuz its my 6th strait day of it.. Havent dun cardio 6 strait days in i dont knkw how long... Tomorrow is an "off" day and im off work.. My first full day off since sep 13 so im gonna lay on the couch all day long Macros arent really gonna change cuz i
    Eating the exact same thing everyday.. ( that ok or do i need to eat difft food??) ill post them after i eat last meal anyways...
    6 days in a row of cardio is fantastic!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Personally I'd give legs their own day, i.e. I wouldn't do shoulders or anything else with them, with the possible exception of ab work. Just my .02

Gotcha well how bout:
    mon: quads/shoulders
    Wed:chest/arms
    Fri: hams/back

Also arent i too fat to worry about doing ab work rite now??

Hey slim thx i appreciate ur encouragement ur sweet : its nice having some feminine touch in here

I'd rather see a full leg day tbh.

IMO that's rubbish about being too fat to work on abs. Are you too fat to see the results right now? Yes. Does that mean they shouldn't be developed nonetheless? No way! They're a muscle like any other. You're probably too fat to see chest development right now, does that mean you shouldn't work it? Of course not!

I think you can see where I'm going...

Hey slim thx i appreciate ur encouragement ur sweet : its nice having some feminine touch in here
    YOU are so welcome 405~ Appreciate it.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

LOL!!! GB.. Duly noted..

Daily final macros:2282/283/162/50. 51%/29%/20%

Cott cheese: 315/42/21/9.....but 14g sugar??? This ok ??? Breakstones 2% ckttage cheese... ??? Eat every nite arlund 9 with nat PB... ???

Have you seen Gbrice's protein ice-cream...?

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...m#.Toh-Rhw0i6Y
    Author Unknown

WEll my first rest day is winding to a close.. Did absolutely nothing all afternoon.. Just woke up from a nap .. Stem or GB if u get on here could u look at my previouspost about the cottage cheese?? I wanna make sure the macros for the exact brand are ok.. They are for the whole tub.. 3.5 servings.. They fit into my daily macros just wasnt sure bout the sugar if all cott cheese has sugar or if i need to find a difft brand?? I realize its dairy so it may be the same as all brands.. My wife just informed me shes outside cooking my chikn on the grill for the week as well as throwing the ball for my bluetick coonhound (max) so i guess i better get my lazy butt off the couch Legs tomorrow.. Looking forward to seeing how it feels to do a leg wkout.. Will be my first.. Only thru meal 3 at 17:15 so i have some eatn to do.. Not being at work has thrown off my sched a bit .. I will hit proper macros nonetheless..

Man i was just tLkn to my wife and telling her that my first cheat meal was oct 30.. And she so calmly said.." u mean ur not gonna get cake for ur birthday?" CRAP!!!!! I forgot.. My bday is 10/17 .. I told her wat U said stem"abs r betr thN cake" and she said .. " he hasnt had my cake!" which the woman can make a dang good cake.. Best ive had.. Not just sayn cuz shes my wife either. Its freakn dddelicious .. And moist and just mmm good.. (sigh) well ill just have to celebrate my 37 bday on oct 30... Boy i tell u it keeps getn beter and betr..

Is okra and tomatoes ok for a veg in place instead of broc sometimes?? Maybe with a little hot sauce?? Is hot sauce ok? I know bout the sodium but water weight is easy to lose rite?? If not just tell me and i wont eat it..

You're a grown man, forego the fvcking cake for once! You gonna wear a party hat and blow on those things that roll out too?

lol, i'm being sarcastic and don't mean to sound like a d!ck, but you need tough love right now. You'll live if you don't have cake on your bday, my .02

How bouT post#57??? If u dont mind? And that was a funny response GB LoL..!

I'd go with 1%, especially if you're eating it with PB. I try to stay away from PB, because while peanuts have a decent fat profile, PB is WAYYYY to easy to overeat. Try eating cottage cheese and pop a few fish oil caps, I guarantee you won't overeat.

Cottage cheese - are you eating the entire tub before bed? I buy the 1% with no salt added... 16g protein per serving (1/2 cup) - 1 full cup is perfect for me before bed. Yea, it has a bit of sugar, and ideally i'd prefer not to eat it especially before bed, but it's lactose (could be worse) and it's not all THAT much.

Have lookd for 1% and only seen 2% so far.. Stem told me nat pb was good b4 bed.. Get it at fresh market.. From a peanut grinding machine that grinds peanuts into butter w nuttn else added.. And yes ive been eatn the whole tub of cott cheese.. Works into my macros of 2300cal/280p/160c/65f .. Which is 800 cal deficit from my tdee of 3100... It does take a few mins to eat the whole thing... LoL but it is my fav meal of the day.....Where do u get 1% nosalt?? This is 2% low sodium.. I live in SC.. May not have same brands as u in nj if its not very populR

Oh and i measure 2 tbs PB .. So i dont overeat it..

Total daily macros: 2302/280/172/49

Cut cottage cheese from 3.5 servings down to 2.. Gonna try to get up at530 and do 40 min fasted cardio.. LEGS at lunch..

FYI, my cott cheese portion at bedtime gives me 24g of pro and 11g of carbs. I have PB before bed cos it gives me something to look forward to. As GB says, it's not the best, but also not the worst as long as you have it measured into your macro's.

ANyway GB, fish oil at bedtime and I'd be waking up an hour into my kip with foul fishy burps!

Top work 405 on hitting your macro's, hope it's not too much like hard work. Soon you'll be a machine, you'll be able to guess weiths of chicken breasts and sweet pots just by lokking at them!

Good luck with the leg session!

Hey thx stem.. Yeh im not currently using fish caps but i have and know the burp ur speakn of.. Should i be using them?? My cott cheese has 12g p/ serving .. Have reduced serving size down to 2 servings.. Will rework macros today to make up for 135 caloriez.. Maybe 3 scoops(insteD of 2) whey pwo?? 110 cal/scoop... Did 45 min fasted cardio this am.. Ate 4 egg n oatmeal rite after shower .. Will be doing 45 min cardio this week , 50 next, and so on up to 60 which is my goal 1 month in.. There i will remain indefinitely..:i 2 look 4ward to PB and cott cheese

Hey thx stem.. Yeh im not currently using fish caps but i have and know the burp ur speakn of.. Should i be using them??Yep, maybe 5-10g per day. But you need to factor them into your macro's somewhere. My cott cheese has 12g p/ serving .. Have reduced serving size down to 2 servings.. Will rework macros today to make up for 135 caloriez.. Maybe 3 scoops(insteD of 2) whey pwo?? 110 cal/scoop...Where can you fit the extra protein without overloading it in any meal? Breakfast would be my bet, body craving nutrients after it's nightly starve. I take a small scoop of whey as part of my breakfast. Did 45 min fasted cardio this am.. Ate 4 egg n oatmeal rite after shower .. Will be doing 45 min cardio this week , 50 next, and so on up to 60 which is my goal 1 month in.. There i will remain indefinitely..:i 2 look 4ward to PB and cott cheese It's a good sign that you look forward to diet food!
    Oh, and do you reckon your wife's cake would spoil much if you sent me a piece?

LOL hey i would .. send u a piece.. funny u askd cuz she actually just sent some to a friend in st louis.. she wraps the cake in saran wrap and puts the icing in tupperware and then u put it together urself.. would prob make her very happy to do so.. she loves making cake for other people let me know and ill send u some .. just send me ur address in a pm.. i will def tell her u said that regardless she makes wedding cakes for friends .. actually just made one in september.. she makes a mean buttercream icing and vanilla cake..

My opinion - I like to keep fats relatively low (which you have in your split, good job), between 10-15% of total calories, and never over 20%. 15% is ideal IMO.

Basically, I get all my fats by default from the foods I eat throughout the day (meats, etc) and only supplement additional fats via fish oil caps. Omega-3's are the EFA we don't get nearly enough of. Most people get plenty of 6-9 just via the foods they eat.

One tip - when you say you measure out your PB in tbsp, i'd suggest going by weight in grams. I know it's a pain in the ass and takes longer (and your wife will probably think you're a maniac like mine does with me), but tbsp measurements can be grossly off in my experience. You may be eating alot more than you think, and PB is so damn calorie dense, it can make a big difference. When you go by grams, you'll see just how small 1tbsp of PB is (ps - i'd switch it to 1tbsp before bed and make up the fat difference in fish oil throughout the day, that's just me).

As Stem said, it gives you something to look foward to at the end of the day, I totally get it! As you come along, you can make these small adjustments (like dropping the PB) to continue progressing. If you had the PERFECT plan now, there would be nothing to manipulate down the road when progress slows/halts (and it will, so don't freak).

ok will start measuring pb tonite.. u got me curious now .. i need to get some omega 3 s ..

just got dun with my leg wkout.. man! it was good.. tuff.. i was sweatn my butt off before the first superset was over.. supersetted: squat, romanian deadlift, leg press, leg curl, leg extension, calf raises(standing) 3 supersets then droppd calfs and deadlift but did the other 4 for 1 more superset for a total of 22 sets.. bout 15 reps / set... my gym shirt is now hanging off my car window dripdrying in the sun

i need to find some more hamstring wkouts.. the deadlift i may have just been doing wrong but my lower back was tired as heck after three sets... been a good day for workout.. 45 mins cardio and 22 sets on legs all by 13:00.. i can now rest on my butt the remainder of the day..

i tell u another thing.. since ive started last monday i am sleeping like a freaking rock! im ready to see some fat start dropping off now!

LOL hey i would .. send u a piece.. funny u askd cuz she actually just sent some to a friend in st louis.. she wraps the cake in saran wrap and puts the icing in tupperware and then u put it together urself.. would prob make her very happy to do so.. she loves making cake for other people let me know and ill send u some .. just send me ur address in a pm.. i will def tell her u said that regardless she makes wedding cakes for friends .. actually just made one in september.. she makes a mean buttercream icing and vanilla cake..
    Not sure it will travel 'across the pond' particularly well but thanks for the offer. My Mrs loves baking too, so if she wants to share a recipe.........

And good luck with being able to walk tomorrow. If your legs are really sore in the morning can I suggest a very steady sesssion on an exercise bike as a recovery tool as much as a fat burning tool.

As for the RDL's get someone at your gym (who knows what they are on about!) to check your technique. Your back shouldn't arch and you should pivot at the hips.

Feeling leaner yet?

Hey we could share recipes im sure.. I am feeling a tad bit leaner.. But i am more Conscious of the fat too.. I want it gone gone gone!!! All in due time i suppose.. Thx for the tip with the soreness.. I have elliptical at home so i should be ok.. I am noticeably tired rite now thats for sure... Tomorrow is cardio only day.. Wed chest and back.. Think ill try to up my am fasted cardio more days this week.. Also a bit more hungry today.. Havent been hungry at all since i started until today..

I guess we need to factor in a refeed day for you. I normally cut with 240g carbs a day so don't feel the need for a refeed but I reckon you may need one.

GB, do you agree? Maybe every 14 days just add 40g carbs to 2 or 3 of the other meals?

Hey we could share recipes im sure.. I am feeling a tad bit leaner.. But i am more Conscious of the fat too.. I want it gone gone gone!!! All in due time i suppose.. Thx for the tip with the soreness.. I have elliptical at home so i should be ok.. I am noticeably tired rite now thats for sure... Tomorrow is cardio only day.. Wed chest and back.. Think ill try to up my am fasted cardio more days this week.. Also a bit more hungry today.. Havent been hungry at all since i started until today..
    That's the ticket.....

Keep up your progress~
    Author Unknown

I tell u stem i am startn to get a little impatient for sunday.. I think im gonna really try to kill it the rest of this week.. My biggest fear is not being able to burn this fat! Ive been wkn out kinda slack for a yr and diet was crap but when i was in my 20s i could run 3 days/week and weighed 165 lbs... Now it is harder Nd harder to lose weight.. Curious bout the refeed.. I figd i was tired mainly cuz of the leg wkout.. I hit it as hard as i could..

Also a bit more hungry today.. Havent been hungry at all since i started until today..
    It's good that you're hungry. Don't let anybody tell you that being hungry translates to 'starving yourself' and therefore slowing your metabolism, etc etc etc all that crap. You should be hungry. You're body is readjusting to a proper and efficient amount of fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    I guess we need to factor in a refeed day for you. I normally cut with 240g carbs a day so don't feel the need for a refeed but I reckon you may need one.

GB, do you agree? Maybe every 14 days just add 40g carbs to 2 or 3 of the other meals?
    What is the full diet - 170-ish grams of carbs, 7 days a week?

U want me to post my daily food + macros real quik?? The short answer is yes.. Bout 160g-170g carbs 300gP 60g F

Thread Information