Page 10 of 107 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: --->>405<<--- accountability/progress log

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    4.30!!!!!! Fair play, I cringe at doing it at 6.30 at this dark, wet & cold time of year. Guess it helps having your own cardio equipment in the house!

Just washed down a caffeine pill with coffee and off to do delts. Have a good workout, man.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    whew! excellent back wkout today..think ive progressd in wt a tad.. will be able to keep bettr track now that im writing stuff down.. managed 235 x 6 for last set in deads which was a move up for me ... thats my weak exercise i can see.. never really done them..

yeh stem england can be glum can it not?

well today was a bit challenging in the area of craving junk food hasnt been too much of a prob for me but today i really wanted like bacon cheese krystals or five guys fries or both.. also my wife i think is getting tired of me not taking her out to dinner cuz of my diet so im prob gonna have to start takn her out once / week and i guess ill just have to do my best to get the healthiest thing i can find on the menu.. if all else fails i can eat before we go then get a salad with only veggies on it and eat it with no dressing..

im about as thin as ive been in years with the exception of when i weighed 184... my buddy askd me today "what r u gonna do when u get all buff??" i said what do u mean? he said "what r u gonna do?" i said i dont know nothing i guess LOL... hes about 5'11' 240lbs with a 42 inch waist.. and a diabetic high blood pressure beer drinker.. his idea of breakfast is a bacon egg and cheese sandwich with hashbrowns and a large sweet tea.. it was tuff watching him eat his footlong sub tonite man i wanted a bite..

made it thru and ate my tuna and asparagus.. just keep picturing myself in 3 months..

well i forgot to post yesterdays macros.. theyre a little low since ive switched protein powder brands.. stem take a look at my numbers and tell me if u think i need to bump them up.. im hitting good on all 3 macro types i think..

total daily macros:2129/305/101/51 59%P/19%C/22%F

also my previous "to date" have included 5 daily scoops whey... these new ones include only 2 daily scoops whey

well today is shoulders .. looking forward to that.. always liked wkn shoulders... couldnt drag myself out of bed again today for the 2nd sat in a row.. may try to fit in pwo cardio HIIT like i did last sat... tats about it.. back is a little sore and abs r definitely sore.. moving rite along..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    well i forgot to post yesterdays macros.. theyre a little low since ive switched protein powder brands.. stem take a look at my numbers and tell me if u think i need to bump them up.. im hitting good on all 3 macro types i think..

total daily macros:2129/305/101/51 59%P/19%C/22%F
    Are these your new daily macro's? At least until you swap your protein again? TBH they are fine especially if you are going to refeed with carbs every 14 days or so.

Re: going out for dinner - definitely take your wife out. Does it have to be for dinner? Can it be something else. If it's dinner she'll prob not be happy if you eat b4 you go and just order a salad and have her feel guilty about ordering steak, fries and dessert. Just make the right choice for you. It may mean you miss one of your earlier carb but so be it.You won't be massively outside your macro's and there has to be some life balance. Maybe alternate dinner one week, movies the next or whatever tickles your tonsils.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Are these your new daily macro's? At least until you swap your protein again? TBH they are fine especially if you are going to refeed with carbs every 14 days or so.

Re: going out for dinner - definitely take your wife out. Does it have to be for dinner? Can it be something else. If it's dinner she'll prob not be happy if you eat b4 you go and just order a salad and have her feel guilty about ordering steak, fries and dessert.
    tats funny stem ur rite.. women can be funny about stuff her fav place to go is carrabbas which is italian food.. they do have an excellent filet marsala and i could get it with veggies and a salad.. prob be able to keep carbs in hand but not sure about the fat.. prob high but very tasty.. good idea about alternating weeks.. shes not a big movie goer..

so "yes" is ur answer about new macros being a permanent thing with a refeed every 14 days.. which will prob be me takn wife out for dinnr

good shoulder wkout today.. also did pwo HIIT.. its pretty good doing it on the treadmill.. i like how the treadmill has a slight bit of bounce to it.. makes it a little easier on the joints having a small bit of trouble finding a comfortable balance with the face pulls.. i guess cuz im standing up and the weight wants to pull me forward and i need to lean back.. got it dun.. put my foot on the seat and lean back.. cant really do it just standing on the floor unless u have a pointer?? i think i may chek it out on u tube again..

If you have something to brace your foot against do it, or if you want to try it sat down give it a go. I do mine standing but i sit down into it if that makes sense? And yeah, treadmill is much nice on the joints, I don't run on any other surface!

Total daily macros:2129/305/101/51

Well guys i just weighed in and did bf%and i have to say im very please with this weeks progress.. It almost seems too good to be true.. It prob is cuz i know the caliper method is not an exact science but still a very good week for me..

Last week weighed 200.4lb at 18.9% bf
    This week weigh 197.8 at 16.8% bf

Thats 2.1% bf drop and 2.8 lb drop in 1week... I have completely stayed away from excess sodium which i coukdnt say a week ago

Starting weight: 96.6kg -89.7kg(today)=6.9kg lost total in 6 weeks

My lbm has actually climbed from its lowest of 73.7 last week to now 74.6 this week which is now only .6kg less than when i started.:

Feeling good

Mate, I know how hard you are working and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pleased to see it is all paying off. Under 200 is a great achievement. Just lose the same fat amount again and you are gonna look awesome.

Don't hang up too much on the caliper readings, they will vary from week to week anyway as your missus isn't an 'expert' at it, per se. But it's good to have a ball park. And you know we'll give you our opinion on bodyfat each time you post pics.

Keep on it dude, proud of you.

Thx SteM .. Hopefully the fat will keep dropping off steadily as it has been.. If so then 6 weeks from now i shoukd be seeing something ive never seen before

Took wife out to eat today to carrabbas(italian) .. Did the best i think i coukd.. Had fish with tomato basil vinegrette and a salad w lite vinegrette and spinach sauteed in evoo and garlic.. Had 1small piece of breadcrust dippd in evoo and water to drink.. Not a very tasty cheAt meal but prob not too bad for me..dont think i had alot of carbs in the meal... Other than tat i will prob end up eating 1200 cal of reg diet food today.. May shoot for this kind of day every other week.. Last week i lost 2.8 lbs and tat was the week after my cheat... Maybe it helpd?? Maybe i just wish it did

Well just finishD am fasted cardio.. Now im off to play in a golf tournament with my friend.. And yes i will have my "bag of food" gonna have to get in chest and bis tomorrow...

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Looks like u had a fab week with the scales. Congrats.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    ^^ x2!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Good job on the weight drop 405, good progress. Keep it up bud!!

Thx girl,slim,and pap

Now im just anxiously awaiting bloodwork fr endocrinologist

well i tell u this is one heck of a busy day.. 0500 woke up and did 45 min fasted cardio.. played in 18 hole golf tourney at 0900-1430 and then drove 2 hrs to take buddy home and get back into town and decided to work tonite instead of tomorrow morning so to kill time in between i went and lifted at 1730(chest and bis..xcellent wkout btw) and then went to work at 1900 and i have to go home around 0300 and get up tomorrow and do fasted cardio again so i can be bak at work at 1300 tomorrow.. whew.. a little tired

Busy boy, no wonder you're knackered all the time! Hopefully you'll get some rest soon.

Pleased you had a good workout and are keeping on top of everything. Commitment is key and I know you have it in spades, man.

Hope you placed in the golf!

Yeh stem we played best ball.. Shot 5 under as a team .. Do u Play??

Yeh i didnt end up getting off til 0430 and to bed at 0530... Already up and cant sleep amymore.. Will prob do cardio this am but Skip legs and do them tomorrow when ive had a bit more rest..

My carabbas meal hasnt affected my weight as i weighd 196.4 this am so iT is 1.4 lbs less than it was on sunday.. I may go to the bod pod b4 wk today to see where my bf has really gone... Oct 7 it was 26.6% according to that machine...

Well i was up for 24 hrs and then got 3 hrs sleep and still managed to do my 45 min am fasted cardio.. It went pretty easily too.. I think breathing wise im actually in dcent shape ... Maintain pretty good pace amd dont have prob breathing which has Always been wat i hated most about cardio.. Feeling O2 starved

So im happy.. Now off to work (again) for 1300 start... Prob will be there til 2300.. I will catch up on rest tonite and tomorrow... I hope...

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Yeh stem we played best ball.. Shot 5 under as a team .. Do u Play??

Yeh i didnt end up getting off til 0430 and to bed at 0530... Already up and cant sleep amymore.. Will prob do cardio this am but Skip legs and do them tomorrow when ive had a bit more rest..

My carabbas meal hasnt affected my weight as i weighd 196.4 this am so iT is 1.4 lbs less than it was on sunday.. I may go to the bod pod b4 wk today to see where my bf has really gone... Oct 7 it was 26.6% according to that machine...
    Haven't played since I had my first back injury last year. Though I've had prescious little time this year anyway. Love the game but is so time consuming.

196.4!!!!!! Curious to see what the bod pod does say when you get to go next. And looking forward to next set of pics!

yeh im curious too.. i dont think theres nearly as much diff in now pics vs the ones i took 3 weeks ago.. but ill be posting them up sunday...

I was looking at all your photos yesterdy and maaaaaaan what a change!! From the first photo to the last ones you can definitely see the hard work and commitment, great great job!! An inspiration Keep it up...

Hey man thx pap.. I have been wkn hard for sure

Well now time for fasted cardio...

Yesterdays total macros:1949/281/89/46 (ran out of cott cheese)

Where do you guys get the cheese?? Do you get like big buckets or something or just the regular pint or whatnot at the supermarket?? Im goin to try costco to see if they sell it in bigger containers and save some money that way bc at the market is a lot for a little thing.

Oh and i made a mistake.. Next pic is 1 week fr this coming sunday..

Had a fantastic cardio session

Yeh ur rite pap i get mine at wAlmart for like almost 3 bucks..
    I eat 1cup and i think there r like almost 2 cups/container.. Works out to a little over 3 containers/ week for me..

Yeah thats what i figured! I'm going try and find it at other places like Costco, Bjays and stuff and perhaps they might have bigger containers, perhaps we can save some money.

Bjays? You really have somewhere called bjays's? LMFAO!!!!!!!

BJ's i think is spelled but is pretty much the same as Costco and Sam's Club which is owned by Walmart. LMFAO also!!!

Well legs was tuff today.. Pulld someth in back.. Not lower tho like below shoulder blades on left side.. Painful to take a deep breath.. Thnk it was front squats.. May not do them anymore.. If i do itll only be with 135.. I did it with 205 today.. Well see.. Not worth an injury... Still have 2 meals to eat.. And its 21:00... Been havn tat prob a fair amt lately... Did 225 on romanian deads for 3 sets of 6... Also did barbell split squats whi h was good.. Saw a guy who weighed 160lb doing it on u tube with 275.. Beast!

Bad news on the poss injury, hopefully it's a little twinge that will fix within 24hrs. I've had a similar thing in the past, more of an inconvenience than a hinderence. You'll know if it's injured on back day coz you'll feel it.

As far as running short on time for 6 meals, can I suggest you have a plan to fit your macro's into 5 meals and the days you think you can only get 5 meals in there is no panic.

And I LOVE split squats with barbell. Some guys prefer the Bulgarian version but I feel much less balanced and subsequently use less weight. Sometimes (in summer usually) I sub my split squats for car park lunges.

Yeh i think its a twinge... Slightly better today already... Feels somewhat muscular... Todays supposd to be back day but im gonna wait til tomorrow.. Just do hiit today...

5 meal plan.. Hmm interesting.. Will work on tat today

I did get all food down yestrday btw..

Good job 405, sorry to hear about the injury. Hope you get better soon.

Well i laid off back today and did cardio only.. The gym i go to is old and the equipment isnt the best but u can get it done in there nonetheless.. So i decided to do HIIT on the treadmill.. Well the breaker kept tripping about 30 secs into sprint so i had to improvise and stumbled into an even better workout.. Instead of running 60 secs at 10mph flat i figured out if i put the incline on 4 and the speed at nine(wouldnt trip the breAker at 9mph) i could still maintain high intensity... So tats wat i did...

#4 incline 9mph/60secs
    #4 incline 3mph/45secs

Repeat 12x

Man tat was a killer wkout.. And best of all my back is only now about 20% as sore as it was when i started.. Think i may maintain the incline on all future HIIT sessions

Yeah, hill running is an awesome workout. Same issue at my gym, it's great for lifting but the cardio equip is sadly lacking and the treads occasionallt trip. What is the max speed of your treads?

And variety in cardio is the way forward if you don't particularly enjoy it.

Thread Information