Steve83 is offline New Member

Finding it hard to lose weight by January. Any decent programs I can follow?

I am 28, 6'0 and 110kgs. I play Rugby League and have the Rugby player frame with a bit of extra weight around the 'love handles' and on the belly.

I train 4-5 times a week at about 7.30pm. (cos that is the only time I can get to the gym due to work hours). I do heavy weight training with 10-15mins+ of cardio before and after a session.

I take L-Carnitine before a work out with Glutamine. A protein shake straight after the work out, and a night time protein shake before bed.

I work in an office so Im not very active during the day, but try go for a walk at lunch when I can.

Its so hard to find a diet program to follow that suits my lifestyle and training. I try eat clean, but not as much as I should. But would be 100% dedicated to the right program.

I live in Australia and in January my GF who lives in the States is coming to live with me over here. So I really want to look good for her when she gets here.

My desired result would be lose the body fat (not so I was completely ripped but just to a nice BF%) but not lose my size as I need to keep that for Rugby. If anything I would like to be a little more muscular.

If ANYONE can help with this I would be forever in the debt!!

Thanks
    Last edited by Steve83; 10-08-2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: left out details

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome!

please post up a sample of what you eat and when you eat for review...thanks
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Yeah post up your diet. you can drop alot with a strict 11 week diet

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What position do you play? Too low a bodyfat and you are gonna bruise big time.

Is this more for the girlfriend or you or rugby? I assume all three but what is your specific goal as far as pounds and BF please....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Hey SteM,

Im ex winger for a few season until i bulked up a bit then they put me as a front row forward.

Auslifta,

Mate if I posted my diet it would be all over the place. Im not really set in any meals.

I eat whatever and but try eat somewhat clean. But I snack which is bad.

I just need something that i just read off, be strict and eat what ever it says.

Slimmer,

Its is all of the above. haha. I want to be super fit for footy, but looking good for the GF would be a massive bonus :P

My desired result would be lose the body fat (not so I was completely ripped but just to a nice BF%) but not lose my size as I need to keep that for Rugby. If anything I would like to be a little more muscular

Right now as an uneducated guess, i would say im low 30's BF%. I want to lose body fat but not so much my size. I want shape and to be more athletic (for lateral movement). I have an injury called Ostestis Pubis which I believe being a little over weight help contribute to getting this injury.

Im honestly not too sure what a good BF% would be, but if I was to say probably around the mid teens. And I would want to stay over 105kgs.

is this along the lines of what you need to know?

Well, you're going to have to set out your plan. I believe you should set your target at 15kg loss, which is only an average of 1.36kg a week till Jan. Very achieveable. First and foremost, CUT OUT ALL YOUR SUGAR! Set up your diet for the next week starting tomorrow. Post it up for review and we can start to tweak it. People wont type shiit up for you. Atleast try to read the stickies on the top to help you understand a bit. Look at 5-6 meals, each containing 50-60grams protein each. You'll need to spend some time doing HIIT cardio-(look it up) 4-5times a week. Your season should be over now anyway. Goodluck, and get back to us with a proper set out diet, it is really the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    Slimmer,

Its is all of the above. haha. I want to be super fit for footy, but looking good for the GF would be a massive bonus :P

My desired result would be lose the body fat (not so I was completely ripped but just to a nice BF%) but not lose my size as I need to keep that for Rugby. If anything I would like to be a little more muscular

Right now as an uneducated guess, i would say im low 30's BF%. I want to lose body fat but not so much my size. I want shape and to be more athletic (for lateral movement). I have an injury called Ostestis Pubis which I believe being a little over weight help contribute to getting this injury.

Im honestly not too sure what a good BF% would be, but if I was to say probably around the mid teens. And I would want to stay over 105kgs.

is this along the lines of what you need to know?
    getting there. Just want to know if this is a lifestyle change or for the girl. And as Auslifta suggested, please post up a plan for review. There are lots of threads to look over for suggestions. Nobody will write you up a plan since allergies and not sure what you will eat. So do this and you will start your path.
    Author Unknown

Well honestly it is very depressing that Im starting to not fit into my jeans as Im slowly putting on weight. I also play Basketball and Im becoming alot slower than alot of the guys out there that I used to run circles around, so it is definitly me putting my foot down and wanting a lifestyle change and to get back to what my fit self was.

But at the same time looking good for the GF when she gets here would be a bit of a bonus.

I dont have any allergies etc, but I will post when I get home from work so you guys can tweak it for me.

Thanks everyone

Sounds good to me~ this is how you get input. Plus gotta be patient until you find the sweet spot of food....
    Author Unknown

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    When I use instinct, rather than a plan, I get fat. Sounds like you need some regularity and a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    When I use instinct, rather than a plan, I get fat. Sounds like you need some regularity and a plan.
    My gosh! Couldn't have said it any better and SO TRUE! I tried my instinct before too and guess where I ended up? HERE!
    Author Unknown

Thread Information