Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,080 of 1586
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: ** The ASK GB ANYTHING thread (diet/nutrition related) **

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75
    Sorry IF didn't work out for you in the short time you tried it 405... like I've said in the past, some don't respond to it as well as others. It's possible IMO that your body simply wasn't used to meals this size and 'soaked up' what you gave it, and would even out over time, but it sounds like you've made up your mind to abandon it for now. Hey, you gotta do what you feel comfortable with and/or know works for you.

On another note - I just got cleared to start TRT today! I have a script for 200mg/mL test cyp, 10mL and 10,000iu HCG. Only snag is both scripts require authorization from my insurance company which is pending... if those fvckers screw me i'm gonna be pissed... BUT I checked the price at Costco (thanks Bass!) and the test is $70 .... not bad for 10 weeks worth of pharma grade test. The HCG is quite a bit higher however...
    I know your happy about this. Congrats on finally finding someone that would help you. So you are running 200/mg a week or every 2 weeks.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    thx GB at least i know what it is and u mite be rite. i just didnt feel like being patient

also ur HCG is expensive huh? i get mine for like $35-$70 (i cant remember which) for 12 weeks or so. its cheap where im at. compounding pharmacy. if need be i mite be able to PM u their number and maybe they could mail u unconstituted with bacteria (or whatever it is) water. let me know if u think it mite be worth a phone call
    Sure bro, shoot me a PM if you don't mind. Always worth looking into. The only price I got so far was from Walgreen's (worthy to note their test was also the most expensive, so they are likely the highest for HCG as well) and it was $170 for 10,000iu (20 weeks @ 500iu/week).

Quote Originally Posted by 3Js View Post
    I know your happy about this. Congrats on finally finding someone that would help you. So you are running 200/mg a week or every 2 weeks.
    Thx bro. I was prescribed 200mg/week but I may tweak that based on feedback from members of this board. I am working with a couple of the guys now and may possibly go with a lower dose. 200mg/week is kind of high to start... I was actually pretty shocked but i'm not complaining!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    ok, here it goes:

FAST (15-16 hours) everyday

1200-1230 Meal 1

8-10 oz of either chicken or 96% lean beef
    1/2 cup brown rice
    raw broccoli and cauliflower

330-400 Meal 2

6-8 oz of chicken/tuna/96% lean beef
    1 cup Bing cherries

730-900 Meal 3

8-10 oz chicken or 96% lean beef
    cup fat free cottage cheese
    scoop protein powder
    tsbp natural PB (want to find some powdered PB)

2200-2300 cals (275g pro/120g carb/60g fat)

i will sub in sweet pots, oats, wheat pasta, and wheat muffins for rice at times. i get bored really easy eating the same things all the time so i try to mix it up, plus i love being in the kitchen(which i need to do more of!). i will also add in egg whites to shakes that make at night and/or "protein ice cream." i have a sweet tooth and the protein powder does the trick! i will also sub out the starchy carb for green veggies on days i don't workout. the diet above is basically a moderate carb day and i will do my best to cycle them. i still am working on my training schedule, went run 3 miles today, left knee is still shaky. i am thinking about slowing down with the running, with the knee pain, and thinking about doing kettlebell workouts with HIIT cardio. i have numerous workouts printed out so i can change it up weekly. i will also have to gauge my rotator cuffs and add in exercises to strengthen them. my long cardio days will be on the bike.

^^ ???

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Sure bro, shoot me a PM if you don't mind. Always worth looking into. The only price I got so far was from Walgreen's (worthy to note their test was also the most expensive, so they are likely the highest for HCG as well) and it was $170 for 10,000iu (20 weeks @ 500iu/week).

Thx bro. I was prescribed 200mg/week but I may tweak that based on feedback from members of this board. I am working with a couple of the guys now and may possibly go with a lower dose. 200mg/week is kind of high to start... I was actually pretty shocked but i'm not complaining!
    id put my 2 cents and go with 75x2 a week get blood work after 3 weeks, if you are not on the high end of normal increase as needed. alot of guys will be in 1100+ at 200 a week. not sure if you wanna be on a mini cycle all th etime if you respond well and you are around 1300-1500 ...

^^ ???
    what do you think about the diet? forgot to add that in there. i just copied and pasted it, lazy ass here!

i am at 170lbs now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    what do you think about the diet? forgot to add that in there. i just copied and pasted it, lazy ass here!

i am at 170lbs now.
    FOR CYCLE & DIET ADVICE
    Please Provide Your Complete Stats
    **Age-Height-Weight-Bodyfat %- Goals- Previous Cycles - PCT **

FOR CYCLE & DIET ADVICE

FOR CYCLE & DIET ADVICE

FOR CYCLE & DIET ADVICE

FOR CYCLE & DIET ADVICE

^^ thanks Mockery... but RC and I go back a bit, I'm familiar with his stats. Can I get back to moderating my own thread now!??!

Blog Entries
    sorry!! i was just having a laugh with him

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    sorry!! i was just having a laugh with him
    np bro.

RC - you know I try to keep this thread from turning into a diet critique thread, but since we're cool...

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    ok, here it goes:

FAST (15-16 hours) everyday

1200-1230 Meal 1

8-10 oz of either chicken or 96% lean beef
    1/2 cup brown rice

330-400 Meal 2

6-8 oz of chicken/tuna/96% lean beef
    1 cup Bing cherries

730-900 Meal 3

8-10 oz chicken or 96% lean beef
    cup fat free cottage cheese
    scoop protein powder
    tsbp natural PB (want to find some powdered PB)

2200-2300 cals (275g pro/120g carb/60g fat)

i will sub in sweet pots, oats, wheat pasta, and wheat muffins for rice at times. i get bored really easy eating the same things all the time so i try to mix it up, plus i love being in the kitchen(which i need to do more of!). i will also add in egg whites to shakes that make at night and/or "protein ice cream." i have a sweet tooth and the protein powder does the trick! i will also sub out the starchy carb for green veggies on days i don't workout. the diet above is basically a moderate carb day and i will do my best to cycle them. i still am working on my training schedule, went run 3 miles today, left knee is still shaky. i am thinking about slowing down with the running, with the knee pain, and thinking about doing kettlebell workouts with HIIT cardio. i have numerous workouts printed out so i can change it up weekly. i will also have to gauge my rotator cuffs and add in exercises to strengthen them. my long cardio days will be on the bike.
    So is there no training in the schedule above?

Re: powdered PB - check out netrition dot com and look for PB2 - awesome stuff, especially the chocolate!

np bro.

RC - you know I try to keep this thread from turning into a diet critique thread, but since we're cool...

So is there no training in the schedule above?

Re: powdered PB - check out netrition dot com and look for PB2 - awesome stuff, especially the chocolate!
    thanks, i will have to check that out. it should go well with my banana nut protein powder! i am working on a training schedule to fit my nagging injuries. can't lift heavy as of now and may have to cut down on my running because my left knee is killing me with the impact.

Still confused - no weight training at all right now?

Still confused - no weight training at all right now?
    check out my thread when you get a moment away from your TRT party! haha!

Lmao, ok will do bro.

Blog Entries
    why wasnt i invited to your TRT party Gbruce! haha

why wasnt i invited to your TRT party Gbruce! haha
    Sorry man, got u on the next one!

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Wat up GB...how is fatherhood treating you?

digsy1983 is offline Member
    hey GB, i'm seing alot of diversions to sugar free jams, coke zero, artificial sweeteners, etc. i've always thought that these sugar free products had other chemicals in them that wouldn't really do ya much good apart from tasting plesent. i've never used these alternative 'sweets' i think 'cos when i was at school one of my teachers said that they just used sugar in a different form so that they could advertise it as sugar free. (not that teachers are ever right tho!)

so my question is, are they ok to use when on a strict diet or should they be avoided if possible?

i wouldn't like to think i'm missing out on a load of flavour in my diet due to a stupid comment years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Wat up GB...how is fatherhood treating you?
    Hey man, long time no see! :wave:

Fatherhood is wonderful... absolutely the best thing that's ever happened to me! We're now working on number 2! How are you?

Quote Originally Posted by digsy1983 View Post
    hey GB, i'm seing alot of diversions to sugar free jams, coke zero, artificial sweeteners, etc. i've always thought that these sugar free products had other chemicals in them that wouldn't really do ya much good apart from tasting plesent. i've never used these alternative 'sweets' i think 'cos when i was at school one of my teachers said that they just used sugar in a different form so that they could advertise it as sugar free. (not that teachers are ever right tho!)

so my question is, are they ok to use when on a strict diet or should they be avoided if possible?

i wouldn't like to think i'm missing out on a load of flavour in my diet due to a stupid comment years ago.
    I'd say use them in moderation. Many are questionable as to whether or not they cause insulin spikes, so it's probably not worth testing too much during your cut. Your best bet is to stick with Stevia which is at least an all natural sweetener.

spot on! think i'll give em a miss then.

congrats on becoming a father aswell!!

alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    Good day gbrice - you asked me previously about my cycle experience and etc., which i believe responded to , but somehow it dissapeared. Nevermind...

I wanted to ask you something of different nature. Lately, I`m struggling with having 6 meals a day, but the worse side is i`m hungry all the time , eventhough i might be at 2700 calories a day, nervous, irate, etc. this causes problems with my girfriend and social life what so ever.
    What if i switch to 4 larger meals a day, while maintaining calories and macros? That`d certainly make me feel better.....and to my knowledge , it should not mitigate my muscle develepment or account for any muscle loss, as long as i sustain the appropriate calorie and macro balance. Do you agree? here is an example of today`s meal plan:

Wake up at 7 am.

8 - breakfast - 2 whole eggs , 3 egg whites, 100 gr oats, 50 gr apple
    Pro 42 / Carb 78/ Fats 14 Cals 600
    12 – lunch – 150 gr chicken breast, 100 gr oats, 10 gr of almond, apple 50 gr
    Pro 53/ Carb 78/ Fats 13 Cals 630
    4 pm – chicken breast 150 gr, 200 gr cucumbers, 250 gr tomatoes, 30 gr almonds
    Pro 45 gr/ Carb 20 gr/ Fats 18 gr Cals 410 ( I keep cabs low as I have cardio two hours later)
    6:30 pm cardio 30-40 min moderate
    8 pm – 150 gr chicken breast, 100 gr oats, 10 gr almonds, 50 gr apple
    Pro 53/ Cab 78/ Fats 13 Cals 630
    Total : pro 190 gr/ Carbs 250/ Fats 60 Cals 2270
    This is non-workout day thus I try to keep my calories low. On workout day I just add up 100 gr oats to 4 pm ,and instead of cardio have workout session. Also I will spread the veggies more evenly throughout the day. I`m also in two weeks “deload” period keeping protein low, traininig with weights only 3 times a week and having 3 cardio sessions. Once finished I will bump my protein to 250-270 grams, keep cabs the same as well as fats. I`m now on 250 mg test weekly. Once I start reloading I will increase test to 500 – 750, add 300 mg tren enanthat for 8 weeks. I take under serious consideration limitting my weight training to 3 wotrkouts weekly plus 3 cardio sessions and one complete day off (cheat meal) - leaving my body enough room for recovery.
    Does this entire plan make sense to you?

spot on! think i'll give em a miss then.

congrats on becoming a father aswell!!

Quote Originally Posted by alex.mitev View Post
    Good day gbrice - you asked me previously about my cycle experience and etc., which i believe responded to , but somehow it dissapeared. Nevermind...
    Sorry man. Sometimes the thread moves fast and things get lost in the shuffle...

I wanted to ask you something of different nature. Lately, I`m struggling with having 6 meals a day, but the worse side is i`m hungry all the time , eventhough i might be at 2700 calories a day, nervous, irate, etc. this causes problems with my girfriend and social life what so ever.
    What if i switch to 4 larger meals a day, while maintaining calories and macros? That`d certainly make me feel better.....and to my knowledge , it should not mitigate my muscle develepment or account for any muscle loss, as long as i sustain the appropriate calorie and macro balance. Do you agree? here is an example of today`s meal plan:
    Let's address the issue before switching things up. First, are you cutting? How long have you been at it? Were you doing fine on 6 meals a day and then suddenly this happened? What else might have changed or happened? Is there no other explanation other than meals?

Wake up at 7 am.

8 - breakfast - 2 whole eggs , 3 egg whites, 100 gr oats, 50 gr apple
    Pro 42 / Carb 78/ Fats 14 Cals 600

12 – lunch – 150 gr chicken breast, 100 gr oats, 10 gr of almond, apple 50 gr
    Pro 53/ Carb 78/ Fats 13 Cals 630

4 pm – chicken breast 150 gr, 200 gr cucumbers, 250 gr tomatoes, 30 gr almonds
    Pro 45 gr/ Carb 20 gr/ Fats 18 gr Cals 410 ( I keep cabs low as I have cardio two hours later)

6:30 pm cardio 30-40 min moderate

8 pm – 150 gr chicken breast, 100 gr oats, 10 gr almonds, 50 gr apple

Pro 53/ Cab 78/ Fats 13 Cals 630

Total : pro 190 gr/ Carbs 250/ Fats 60 Cals 2270

This is non-workout day thus I try to keep my calories low. On workout day I just add up 100 gr oats to 4 pm ,and instead of cardio have workout session. Also I will spread the veggies more evenly throughout the day. I`m also in two weeks “deload” period keeping protein low, traininig with weights only 3 times a week and having 3 cardio sessions. Once finished I will bump my protein to 250-270 grams, keep cabs the same as well as fats. I`m now on 250 mg test weekly. Once I start reloading I will increase test to 500 – 750, add 300 mg tren enanthat for 8 weeks. I take under serious consideration limitting my weight training to 3 wotrkouts weekly plus 3 cardio sessions and one complete day off (cheat meal) - leaving my body enough room for recovery.
    Does this entire plan make sense to you?
    I don't think switching to 4 meals/day will be a problem, but it may not solve YOUR problem either. You won't know unless you try. I'm more concerned with your macros though - protein looks low, especially for somebody running a cycle. What are your stats? Why on a rest day would carbs still be a 250g? Seems like protein should go up, carbs should come down. Why would you manipulate your protein macro? That one stays constant for me, and to a lesser extent, so do fats. Carbs are really all I play with.

Maybe you're underfeeding and this is why you feel bad?

alex.mitev

Sorry man. Sometimes the thread moves fast and things get lost in the shuffle...

Let's address the issue before switching things up. First, are you cutting? How long have you been at it? Were you doing fine on 6 meals a day and then suddenly this happened? What else might have changed or happened? Is there no other explanation other than meals?

Well, I was cutting up until 10 day ago, when i went on vacation where my meals were all over the place - for instance 10 k calories daily. I put back about 8 pound of fat , but luckily i can still see my abs (barely). For nearly 6 weeks I dropped from 16-18 % BF to approx 11%. I started from 250 carbs a day , 300 gr of protein and 60-80 gr fats. Each week i dropped 50 gr of carbs up to the point of 80 gr daily. I was also on 400 mg test, 40 mg winny, 250 tren. Yes , it worked but I was hungry all the time, thinking only of food ( i even broke up with my girlfriend after 3 years of living togheter). Having carbs that low adversely affect any aspect you might think of. I`ll never drop below 230-250 carb mark again.I don't think switching to 4 meals/day will be a problem, but it may not solve YOUR problem either. You won't know unless you try. I'm more concerned with your macros though - protein looks low, especially for somebody running a cycle. What are your stats? Why on a rest day would carbs still be a 250g? Seems like protein should go up, carbs should come down. Why would you manipulate your protein macro? That one stays constant for me, and to a lesser extent, so do fats. Carbs are really all I play with.

As far as my protein intake is concerned, i need to draw your attention to my current cycle. I`m following Ronnie Rowland principles of reload and deload which lasts for 20 weeks total.
    Firstly, i had 8 weeks reload with 300 gr of protein as i mentioned above. Then i need to decrease my protein intake to 1 gr per pound and have my gear as low as only one shot 250 mg test weekly! I also lower the volume of training and perform only 4-6 working sets. This is supposed to prime my body for the next reload - another 8 weeks of higher anabolic dose along with increased protein intake 1.5-2 gr per pound of body weight. This is why my protein intake seems low to you. The compounds i`ll be using , starting nex monday, are 500 mg test, 300 mg tren - simple as that. Why only four meals - when i was following 6 meals a day i was terribly hungry every 2nd hour and could barely make it to the 3rd hour from last meal. That`s an ordeal to me and i felt i could possibly kill a man to have a bite. I would like to accustom my body to staying without food for at least 4 hours without being mentally broken down! It`s a good idea, although yesterday i had a large dinner at 8 pm, and couldn`t fall asleep at 11;30. Then i ate everything i saw - about 3000 calories in one sitting. I think i must include one additional 5th meal around 10 ;30 in the evening - 200 gr cottage cheese with some broccoli. Another critical point for me is the time window between waking up 6;45 and my first meal upon arrival at work at 8;10 am. Maybe i should have a scoop of whey once i wake up. I`m used to eating at 7,10, 12;30,15;30,8pm,11 pm.... will be hard to change this up.
    Maybe you're underfeeding and this is why you feel bad?
    Underfeeding - maybe, but my weight is 198 lb, 15 % body fat (maybe a bit less), and never went below 2500 calories.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hey GB! i dont know if u recall a previous conversation we had wayyyy back when i first started my original cut about a guy i work with who competes very successfully. he won a lot of amateur shows and has gone on to pro BB. well anyways i am working with him today and told him about the success of my cut and how i get stuck around 8%bf and he said to break thru i should run 5days of meat/veggie only and then refeed day 6&7 at 800-1000g carbs.. doing 2a day cardio everyday. im gonna give this a shot when i cut next time after i get back to 7.8%bf ..

wanted to see ur thoughts on this matter!?

Blog Entries
    just run keto and be done with it! haha

i wanna see 405's 365 day keto log

day 1: no protein pancakes, this is bs going back to regular diet

/thread closed.

Underfeeding - maybe, but my weight is 198 lb, 15 % body fat (maybe a bit less), and never went below 2500 calories.
    Alex - I will reply in detail when I have time. Didn't want you to think I was breezing past it.

hey GB! i dont know if u recall a previous conversation we had wayyyy back when i first started my original cut about a guy i work with who competes very successfully. he won a lot of amateur shows and has gone on to pro BB. well anyways i am working with him today and told him about the success of my cut and how i get stuck around 8%bf and he said to break thru i should run 5days of meat/veggie only and then refeed day 6&7 at 800-1000g carbs.. doing 2a day cardio everyday. im gonna give this a shot when i cut next time after i get back to 7.8%bf ..

wanted to see ur thoughts on this matter!?
    Do you think you can handle 5 consecutive no-carb days? I know I have a terrible time getting through 3! As for the plan - you'll be pretty well into ketosis by day 3 or 4... so yea, I can see the plan working well for fat loss. It's a quasi CKD really. Keep me posted with how it goes. Don't be surprised if you feel like shit with regards to irritability and/or energy levels though. That's to be expected. But the carb up days will feel GREAT!

just run keto and be done with it! haha

i wanna see 405's 365 day keto log

day 1: no protein pancakes, this is bs going back to regular diet

/thread closed.

Do you think you can handle 5 consecutive no-carb days? I know I have a terrible time getting through 3! As for the plan - you'll be pretty well into ketosis by day 3 or 4... so yea, I can see the plan working well for fat loss. It's a quasi CKD really. Keep me posted with how it goes. Don't be surprised if you feel like shit with regards to irritability and/or energy levels though. That's to be expected. But the carb up days will feel GREAT!
    dunno. only one way to find out! i think if i start in the proper mindset i can get thru it. whether i enjoy it or not is a difft story! mainly i was curious as to whether u thought it might be an effective way to break thru a platueau? it appears u do. i will def keep u updated. its still a while away. i have to continue in my bulk for at least a few more weeks and then cut using my typical method until i get stuck. my hope is this new method wil take me further than ive been before!

dunno. only one way to find out! i think if i start in the proper mindset i can get thru it. whether i enjoy it or not is a difft story! mainly i was curious as to whether u thought it might be an effective way to break thru a platueau? it appears u do. i will def keep u updated. its still a while away. i have to continue in my bulk for at least a few more weeks and then cut using my typical method until i get stuck. my hope is this new method wil take me further than ive been before!
    It may work for you. I know for me, it'd be a disaster. I just can't handle carbs in that quantity (unfortunately) without getting fat, even WITH 5 days of depletion. My body just hates me. Idk, maybe the TRT will help offset that a bit, since nutrient partitioning and protein synthesis should be more efficient. We'll see.

It may work for you. I know for me, it'd be a disaster. I just can't handle carbs in that quantity (unfortunately) without getting fat, even WITH 5 days of depletion. My body just hates me. Idk, maybe the TRT will help offset that a bit, since nutrient partitioning and protein synthesis should be more efficient. We'll see.
    i think u might be right! hope so for u

with my other carb cycle i eat 1300g carbs friday and then another 550g or so sat and sun so thats 1800g+ carbs for the week vs 1600 (cuz ill prob run 800).. but i think the 5days no/low is gonna be the deal esp if i can muster up the gumption to actually do cardio 2xper day!

Originally Posted by alex.mitev
    Alex - I will reply in detail when I have time. Didn't want you to think I was breezing past it.

No worries

But before answering, let me post my final diet as my reload started and i`m increasing training volume, even though i workout only 3 times a week - mon Chest/ back ; wed Shoulders/Arms ; Friday Legs/Abs . Will stick with it for another week and a half and then get back to four day split Chest / biceps ; Legs; off; Shoulders/ Triceps/Traps; Legs/abs; off

I keep my diet simple -easier to keep track of it:

7 am 250 mg egg whites, one egg yolk, 80 gr oats (no milk, no sugar, nothing but water in there)
    10 am - 250 mg egg whites, one egg yolk, 50 gr broccoli, 60-70 gr brown rice, 5 gr flax oil
    1 pm - 200 gr chicken breast, 50 broccolli, 60-70 gr brown rice, 5 gr flax oil
    4 pm pre wo- 200 gr chicken breast, 50 gr broccoli, 60-70 gr brown rice, 2 fish oil, 2 gr flax oil
    8 pm post wo - 200 gr chicken breast, 70 gr brown rice
    10:30 pm - 250 cottage cheese (17 gr protein in 100 gr), 200 gr tomato, 200 cucumber, 150 broccoli, 12 flax oil, 2 gr fish oil

macros

Protein 270; Cabrs 260; Fats 58 , Total cals 2750. Aiming at lean gains. Just started anabolic reload, but my tren is missing!! If i fail to get it will run 750 gr test e, 30-40 mg dianabol dailly for 8 weeks. Simple as that. Will increase calories (incorporating more carbs) as my body changes, but when i have some noticable gains will add another 50 gr of carbs only on wo days.

Sounds solid?

Blog Entries
    Gbuddy , look up Lyes quick note on water balance... Interesting read. Basically if u are holding 5 to 10 lbs water and dieting down, it can take 5 to 10 weeks before ur diet starts to work. So adjusting in 3 weeks could be premature.

Gbuddy , look up Lyes quick note on water balance... Interesting read. Basically if u are holding 5 to 10 lbs water and dieting down, it can take 5 to 10 weeks before ur diet starts to work. So adjusting in 3 weeks could be premature.
    Re: adjusting in 3 weeks... typically during an 'in progress' diet that has been delivering results but said results have slowed or halted. i.e. diet should already be dialed in, therefore water retention isn't considered.

So is there a direct symmetry between the amount of water in ltrs you are holding to how many weeks it will take for your diet to take hold/begin? All weight loss up to this point is just water weight?

So is there a direct symmetry between the amount of water in ltrs you are holding to how many weeks it will take for your diet to take hold/begin? All weight loss up to this point is just water weight?
    I haven't read Lyle's article that Mock is referencing, but I don't believe this to be the case at all.

Blog Entries
    I haven't read Lyle's article that Mock is referencing, but I don't believe this to be the case at all.
    its not always the case, but in some cases it can be the case is what i got from the article.

Blog Entries
    Re: adjusting in 3 weeks... typically during an 'in progress' diet that has been delivering results but said results have slowed or halted. i.e. diet should already be dialed in, therefore water retention isn't considered.
    correct, its the start of a diet.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    1g of protein = 4 calories
    1g of carbs = 5 calories
    1g of fat = 8 calories

is that correct??

thanks in advance

kronik

Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    1g of protein = 4 calories
    1g of carbs = 5 calories
    1g of fat = 8 calories

is that correct??

thanks in advance

kronik
    1g protein = 4 calories
    1g carbs = 4 calories
    1g fat = 9 calories

fatman225 is offline Associate Member
    GB this water thing has me confused now....

So far as I know, if you are burning more calories than you take in, then you are burning stored bodyfat. Especially if your macros are correct.

Sooo....

If you are holding water, but burning those calories, how would the water halt the fat loss?

In a caloric deficit, the body has to turn to stored fuel, regardless if you are bloated or dehydrated. The energy has to come from somewhere, unless holding water has suddenly broken the law of conservation of matter.

Is it possible that is can take several weeks to "see" the effects of a diet if the water retention makes it hard to see new definition showing up, even if under the water the fat really is being reduced?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    plz define maintenance for a girly who lost 40 lb and thank you very much

was eating 5 small meals (approx 300 calories) with the following split 170p/100C/35F (on a good day). i am afraid my definition of maintainence is trying to hit my macros plus a daily cheat. LOL. thank you in advance.

Thread Information