yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Having some trouble with my oats shake

So a couple weeks ago I was advised to change up my breakfast and I have. I am now making oat shakes. I used 1/2 cup of quick oats, 2 servings of egg whites, a scoop of whey, and about 10-12 oz of milk. I have no problem getting the shake down but I have noticed a lot of the oats settle to the bottom. I drink it as ast as I can but they settle before im done. Would thickening up the shake by adding a scoop of ice cream help to suspend them a little better? I am not cutting so im not worried about the extra fat or cals. Thanks again guys.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Probably, but I sure as hell wouldn't take a nice clean shake like that and fvck it up by adding ice cream!!!

The oats always settle to the bottom. I drink mine in a shaker. If/when they settle, I simply give it a few shakes and chug again. You can also stir them up if you're using a regular cup. No big deal really.

Please don't add ice cream, lol!

haha alright I wont. What do you think of my shake gbrice? Sound like a good muscle building shake to you? lol

Yep, decent bro. I'd personally opt for a protein blend instead of straight whey, but that's just me. I never use whey alone.

Alright ill look into that. Im worried it doesnt have enuogh cals or carbs to help me bulk though?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Alright ill look into that. Im worried it doesnt have enuogh cals or carbs to help me bulk though?
    It's a single meal, you need to be looking at an entire day's diet to determine if you need to add more cals to it.

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    After reading a post by another member I have starts tossing my oats in a coffee grinder. It chops them into a powder that blends really well into a shake with very little settling.

Yeah true... but I figure I should slam as many cals into each meal as possible. Thanks again man.

Thread Information