Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Just finished my really good bicep/tricep workout, definitely i feel great with the pre workout meal change, the diet today will stay the same except for dinner where i'll eat a little ham and mashed potato, perhaps a slice of turkey, not much into turkey. So i wont stay away from the diet to much, tomorrow shoulder/traps and cardio. Happy Thanksgiving to all, many blessings to all and your families. Stay safe

Went to the gym today to get some cardio in, actually player racquetball for 2.5 hrs, really good workout for sure. Will go tomorrow to get some more cardio in and help in the process of losing that extra fat!!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Good work pap

Good Morning gents!! Weight in today came at 219.5 lbs, not much of a difference but at least i broke thru that barrier of 220 i couldnt get past. Excellent leg workout today except for the fact that my left outside quad was giving me issues again, no warm up on saturday before racquetball and this is what happens. Anyways overall good day so far!! Going to do later HIIT Cardio and the home sweet home!!

SteM what were the dosages you take of green tea and caffeine?? 200mg caffeine and ??

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    Good Morning gents!! Weight in today came at 219.5 lbs, not much of a difference but at least i broke thru that barrier of 220 i couldnt get past. Excellent leg workout today except for the fact that my left outside quad was giving me issues again, no warm up on saturday before racquetball and this is what happens. Anyways overall good day so far!! Going to do later HIIT Cardio and the home sweet home!!
    Is this specifically the quad muscle or is it further round to the side and possibly your TFL?

SteM what were the dosages you take of green tea and caffeine?? 200mg caffeine and ??
    Well, I just upped my caffeine dosage to 300mg and can 'feel it' much better. Green tea extract is 1000mg.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM

Is this specifically the quad muscle or is it further round to the side and possibly your TFL?
    Yeah left leg outside muscle of the quad!! TFL??

Quote Originally Posted by SteM

Well, I just upped my caffeine dosage to 300mg and can 'feel it' much better. Green tea extract is 1000mg.
    Okay good to know, with 200mg i might now even feel it, have a very high tolerance. Want to start taking it already so i can stop taking the no xplode.

Yeah left leg outside muscle of the quad!! TFL??
    Otherwise known as the IT Band. It runs down the side of the thigh, difficult to heal and normally aggravated by running and other cardio. But if you feel it in the quad, then it's hopefully just a light strain you can work with.

Yeah i can definitely work with it, no problem at all. This saturday i'll just make sure to do elliptical for 10 mins before racquetball to warm up the legs, perhaps a little leg extension.

Well day began good, already ate my pro w/o meal and pre w/o supps, weather extremely nice (COLD), now ready to get some chest pain!! Wanted to weight myself and see if the scale had gone down but i didnt, im going to try and weight myself only on Monday mornings, i am drving myself crazy with the scale, literally. Feel a little thin today though!! Good day gents!

SteM i am still taking the pre w/o since the pills havent arrived yet, when they do how do i take my powder glutamine, bcaa, creatine monohydrate?? I have been taking them all with the NO Xplode.

As long as it's a weights session consume your caffeine and green tea as soon as you wake. Take your creatine with your meal, it needs carbs to be transported to the right place. Pop your bcaa's in your water bottle and sip throughout the workout. As for the glutamine I never noticed any advantage to it whenever I took it but I would suggest taking this with your creatine at meal time. You may also want to take some at the final meal of the day.

Weather is cold here too!

Is there a certain amount of these supplements i should be taking daily?? Glutamine, BCAA, Creatine? When i get home i will also post the rest of the things i am taking, im curious to see if i should eliminate some of them or take them at a different time.

What amounts are you taking of each? Glutamine prob take 5g at each time. BCAA's 10g throughout weights workout, same amount before fasted cardio. Creatine? Long time since I took mono but 5g as a rule of thumb. You could also add some to your PWO shake.

Glutamine i was taking 5g pre and post, same for creatine, bcaa i was taking 1 scoop pre and post, 1 scoop has 4k mg leucine, 1k mg isoleucine, 1k mg valine. As for the rest i take 3 times a day One A Day MultiVitamin, Chlorophyll 100mg also has Alfalfa 250mg, Green Tea Ex 400mg w/ Vitamin C 60mg, Biotin 5mg, Milk Thistle 500mg, R-ALA 200mg, Omega 3-6-9 also i take at 1 pm with meal 5 and before bed all of these plus 3g glutamine pills, bcaa 920mg leucine, 768mg valine, 312mg isoleucine as pills as well + with the before bed concuction i add ZMA. Let me know if i should be takin some of these off or if i should just use them until i run out.

Biotin & R-ALA i was taking due to the simple carbs i was taking with the shake post workout.

Really good back workout today. I feel i am getting a bit more strength, i think is the creatine, i have been taking it for a week already. Havent been able to do cardio this past 2 days, work has been hectic so i've been leaving late.

I haven weight myself nor will i until Monday morning but i am definitely looking leaner on my chest, arms, back, traps, legs! This is while in the locker that i am pumped after the workout but still i would like to think i am actually burning that fat little by little

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Allright, I like this thread. I'm here for you now, let's make this happen! You have been hitting it hard and making great gains, dial it in before Christmas and see what a lean mean beast you can be.

Definitely, thanks for the support tbody

My pleasure, we are all heading in the same direction, we might as well travel together.

Glutamine i was taking 5g pre and post, same for creatine, bcaa i was taking 1 scoop pre and post, 1 scoop has 4k mg leucine, 1k mg isoleucine, 1k mg valine. As for the rest i take 3 times a day One A Day MultiVitamin, Chlorophyll 100mg also has Alfalfa 250mg, Green Tea Ex 400mg w/ Vitamin C 60mg, Biotin 5mg, Milk Thistle 500mg, R-ALA 200mg, Omega 3-6-9 also i take at 1 pm with meal 5 and before bed all of these plus 3g glutamine pills, bcaa 920mg leucine, 768mg valine, 312mg isoleucine as pills as well + with the before bed concuction i add ZMA. Let me know if i should be takin some of these off or if i should just use them until i run out.

Biotin & R-ALA i was taking due to the simple carbs i was taking with the shake post workout.
    Honestly, I think you are p1ssing alot of money down the pan. I would stick with the new caffeine/green tea combo, bcaa's and creatine. If the multivit is also a multimineral, keep it but 3x a day is probably overkill. If it isn't a multimineral then swap it for one.

Add an omega 3 supplement (fish oil) up to 4-5g per day and factor these into your fat macro's.

Finish the rest off and trust in your new diet to give you most of the nutrients and balance you need.

Yeah thats what i though and of course i needed the master YODA's assistance. Thanks SteM

Smile

Really hope you're not inferring I'm old, green and wrinkly. Not all 3 anyway

Hahaha noooooo!!! Just very knowledgeable Dude really i wished i looked like you by Jume when i become 28! You kick young peoples ass through and through no doubt!!

Well now that i can breath for a minute let me update this thing. Yesterday got some cardio in, finally. HIIT Stair Master 30 mins and bike 30 mins.

Today had a great bicep/tricep workout!! Stomach is feeling a bit weird after taking the Caffeine and Green Tea as soon as i wake up, at 4:00 AM although it's just for a little bit, SteM i am taking a bit more Green Tea since my pills come in 400mg, so i am taking 1200 instead of the 1000.

I am getting very hungry/craving before meal 7, right after i get out of cardio. It is giving me a very hard time, specially when i am not home before 5PM so i can cook my meal. During the day i am perfectly fine but don't know why before meal 7 when i get home i need to eat in like 5 mins or i go crazy, although my will is stronger, still very frustrating, specially since in the pantry there are plenty of things (BAD) to eat.

SteM should i be taking some Caffeine and Green Tea before cardio as well in the afternoon or just pre workout before doing weights?

Papi, how often are you posting progress pics? Stem, how old are you????

SteM said every 4 weeks i think, i could post sooner than that. I posted last week. SteM just turned 40!!

Post 'em as often as you want pap, there'll just be more diff after 4 weeks than 1.

My pre workout caffeine/green tea stack is just that, pre workout. Whether it's cardio, weights or both.

A word on you being hungry after cardio. My PWO shake is also just that, post workout. Whether it's weights or HIIT. If it's post fasted cardio then I just get my normal breakfast asap afterwards.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Just stopping by to say...Keep up the good work Papi~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Thanks Slim!! SteM i thought the same thing on photos, the difference will be more noticeable after 4 weeks than 1. Also remember i do weights at 5AM and Cardio HIIT at 4PM the latest. So i would need Caffeine-Green Tea pre workout for both?? Shake i drink only 1 which is post weight training, should i add another post HIIT Cardio to hold me off just a little?

Quote Originally Posted by papiriqui View Post
    thanks slim!! Stem i thought the same thing on photos, the difference will be more noticeable after 4 weeks than 1. Also remember i do weights at 5am and cardio hiit at 4pm the latest. So i would need caffeine-green tea pre workout for both?? yep shake i drink only 1 which is post weight training, should i add another post hiit cardio to hold me off just a little? Yep
    bold

Hey Master YODA you missed a bold, what happened? j/k lol

EDIT: Macros starting tomorrow will be as follows, 2249 cals, 334p, 146c, 35f
    Last edited by Papiriqui; 12-01-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Hey Master YODA you missed a bold, what happened? j/k lol

EDIT: Macros starting tomorrow will be as follows, 2249 cals, 334p, 146c, 35f
    Ha ha young padawan. Personally I'd add 10g to your fats and lose 20-30g of protein to make up the calories.

Will do master!! LOL

why fasted lifting and non-fasted cardio? seems backwards to me, just curious?

I used to do it the other way around when i didnt diet, didt have the hectic schedule i have now that i eat every 2 hrs, in the afternoon the gym gets packed, what takes me 2 hrs in the morning, it takes me 3 in the afternoon.

So this way i get both done and i finish in time to go home and cook the last 2 meals, thats around 5pm, before i would finish weight lifting at 7-8 pm, since i wake up at 4am to be at the gym at 5am i cant go to sleep after 8pm.

So thys pretty much why i changed it up and to be honest i love it, not having to wait for little kids to stop talking instead of lifting is a dream come true!!

I just couldn't have the energy to pound the heavy weights that early in the am. Props' to you for doing it and loving it, I'm glad it's working for you.

Thanks Tbody Trying my best!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Good work pap! I dont think i would wanna get up that early and lift either.. So whats the deal with the green tea and caffeine SteM?? That something i need to incorporate as well?? 1000mg green tea and how much caffeine? What is that to promote fatloss?? I need to get supps today..

1000mg green tea/day
    ?? Caffeine/day
    ?? Fish oil caps/day

Sry for the hijack pap SteM?

200-400mg caffeine, start at 200 see how you get on. Take with green tea before any workout session (about 30 mins if possible). Mate, I thought I suggested caffeine to you, apologies that I didn't.

4g of fish oils per day should be enough just factor them into your macro's.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread Information