Rv8G30 is offline Associate Member

Can someone help me out with a sample diet?

I've always been able to get away with semi dirty bulks, but lately its catching up to me. Id like a clean bulk diet. I'm 28, 5'6 and 170lbs. Currently around 18% bodyfat id estimate. I have a pretty physical job from 5am to 10am, then lifting 4 to 5x per week, with 20 minutes of low intensity cardio after lifting. I need to put on some more muscle before I attempt a cut. I'm going to do a basic test cycle once I feel like my diet is back on track. Can someone put together a sample diet for me? Please revolve it around tuna, chicken, oatmeal, eggs. Those are my main items. Please keep in mind I can't cook! Thanks for the help!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    welcome dude.

1. no one is gonna do ur diet for u.

2. at 18%bf u need to cut first before considering a cycle

3. read stickies:
    a) dieting 101: cutting
    b) tdee
    c) how to bulk

Ok, now I'm even more confused. I've been looking at bulking to add muscle, I'm afraid I'll look like shit and be tiny if I cut. I'm terrified to lose any muscle at this point. Maybe I'm wrong on my bodyfat %, could be more like 15%? Not sure exactly. I can see top 2 abs, and one below it. Currently carrying a little fat around my mid section and in the chest area. Thats about it. So I should be cutting? I used the formulas in the cutting sticky, did the math (even though I suck at math) and came out with 2800 calories for maintenance with a moderate activity level. Does this sound like I'm in the ballpark at 5'6 and 170lbs? So shoot for 2000 calories?

One thing I'm also confused on are the good fats. Not sure I'm getting enough. Can you give some example foods of good fats that I need to be getting?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    1. i suggest posting a pic to determine where ur at

2. if ur maintenance is 2800 then 2000 would be a good place to start for cutting

3. good fats: EVOO, nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts), avocado, natural peanut butter, fish oil, salmon. u should not need to supplement fats to a large extent. when i was cutting all my fat except for a little came from meats. i added 32g peanut butter before bed to finish it off. any of the above choices will be good

4. for a cycle u want to be 10% - 12% bf (max) IMO. this lessens the chance for negative sides and leaves u leaner when ur done cycling and have to increase cals thru pct not to mention u look better and u can focus more on putting on weight and worry less about getting fat..

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rv8G30 View Post
    Ok, now I'm even more confused. I've been looking at bulking to add muscle, I'm afraid I'll look like shit and be tiny if I cut. I'm terrified to lose any muscle at this point. Maybe I'm wrong on my bodyfat %, could be more like 15%? Not sure exactly. I can see top 2 abs, and one below it. Currently carrying a little fat around my mid section and in the chest area. Thats about it. So I should be cutting? I used the formulas in the cutting sticky, did the math (even though I suck at math) and came out with 2800 calories for maintenance with a moderate activity level. Does this sound like I'm in the ballpark at 5'6 and 170lbs? So shoot for 2000 calories?
    Read everything suggested by 405 and you will understand!!! Also read Macronutrients and Foods or something like that and it will give you a short list of proteins, fats, carb sources that are the ones mostly used by everyone.

Thread Information