Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
    Papiriqui is offline Productive Member

Dieting To Complete Transformation!!

I began a new diet today based on what i have gathered from here, is based on the 40/40/20 concept. I've never been able to see myself lean and today marks the day where i begin my transformation and new lifestyle. Stats were taken from BODPOD and diet constructed using the Katch-McArdle formula. My stats and diet are as follows:

27 years old.
    5'-11" 226 lbs.
    26.6% BF
    73.4% LBM = 166.2 lbs, this stats were taken from the BODPOD.

1. Pre W/O NO Xplode, 2 scoops, 50 cal, 0 p, 12 carbs, 0 f.
    AST L-Glutamine, 1 tsp, 0 cal, 0 p, 0 carbs, 0 f.
    InfiniteLabs BCAA, 1 scoop, 0 cal, 0 p, 0 carbs, 0 f.

2- Post W/O Isopure Zero Carb, 2 scoops, 210 cal, 50 p, 0 carbs, 1 f.
    Glutamine & BCAA as above.
    Dextrose, 28g, 98 cal, 0 p, 25 carbs, 0 f.
    Maltodextrin, 27g, 103 cal, 0 p, 25 carbs, 0 f.

3. Chicken breast (cooked), 4oz, 166 cal, 21.6 p, 0 carbs, 6.6 f.
    Basmati Rice Cooked (3/4 C), 160 cal, 3 p, 35 carbs, 0 f.
    Peanut Butter, 1 tbsp, 100 cal, 4 p, 3 carbs, 8 f.

4. Chicken breast (cooked), 4oz, 166 cal, 21.6 p, 0 carbs, 6.6 f.
    Sweet Potato, 1 medium, 234 cal, 4 p, 40.9 carbs, 6.7 f.

5. Chicken breast (cooked), 4oz, 166 cal, 21.6 p, 0 carbs, 6.6 f.
    Lentils (cooked), 1 C, 227 cals, 16.3 p, 40.2 carbs, .8 f.

6. Chicken breast (cooked), 4oz, 166 cal, 21.6 p, 0 carbs, 6.6 f.

7. Tilapia (Cooked) 6 oz, 218 cal, 44.5 p, 0 carbs, 4.5 f.
    Sweet Potato, 1 medium, 234 cal, 4 p, 40.9 carbs, 6.7 f.
    Olive Oil, 1 tbsp, 119 cal, 0 p, 0 carbs, 13 f.

8. Burger Pattie (Cooked), 3 oz, 208 cals, 21.6 p, 0 carbs, 12.9 f.
    Olive Oil, 1 tbsp, 119 cal, 0 p, 0 carbs, 13 f.

I believe that puts me at 3364 calories total, 251.8 g protein, 298 g of carbs, 117 g fat.

Some of this macros were taken from this forum and some from fitday.com, please go ahead and critic as you like. I am looking for feedback to see whether im on point or i should still make some modifications, i really want this to work so im all for it, whatever it takes.

Bump!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Honestly? I think you are about 1000cals OVER what you need to cut. Assuming you are cutting?

our carbs are too high and your fats are double what I would suggest.

You need to add fibrous green veggies to at least 3 of your meals and switch out some of that pb for some fish oil.

And simple sugars after a workout are, generally, not encouraged on a cutting diet.

Have you read the cutting 101 sticky?

I did but i'll read again, i'll probably understand it better after reading it a few times. I was going by his example of starting with a deficit of 500 calories to start with and monitoring myself until i reach the sweet spot which apparently i would know when but if i am wrong let me know i'll switch it up, the whole point of posting here is so that you guys who know more about this stuff and been doing it for a while can point me in the right direction. Yes i am definitely cutting, what would you suggest my carbs should be at and also my fats?? I can also take off the simple sugars, but do you have any suggestions as to what to replace it with or no carbs at all with the shake? Thanks for the input

Can you let me have your workout schedule ie what days weights, what days cardio. Type of cardio. All these workouts take place first thing?

Also can you advise the times of each meal?

And what is your goal bodyfat and over what period?

I always just add powdered oats to my post workout shake.

Blaz Kavlic is offline Associate Member
    If you're serious about cutting you need to reduce your total meals and also your carb and fat intake. 8 meals of these sizes is too much. There's also too much peanut butter and far too much rice/sweet potato. As Stem pointed out, you also need to include some fibrous veggies.

Try limiting carbs to the pre-workout meal so you have some gas when you hit the gym but for later in the day, and especially dinner time, stick with lean meats and fibrous veg. You dont want to load up on carbs in the afternoon and before you crash out so be sure to amend/eliminate meals 6, 7 and 8. What I do while cutting is grill up some chicken breast and accompany it with some broccoli and/or green beans. I normally eat this meal at about 6pm and have nothing else that day with the exception of maybe some cottage cheese if i'm feeling a bit peckish later on in the evening. After sticking with this, some mornings I actually wake up feeling leaner.

Once you calculate your maintenance cals, subtract about 500 from that and aim to keep within this total and see how you go.

joshh is offline Associate Member
    I'd go for around 2200 cals and only base carbs around your workout, rest of the day just protein and fat.. this is of course if your primary goal is to drop fat.

I went from around 30% BF to 20% by doing just this.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    166 lbs LBM and 3000+ calories? Way too many calories mate.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Agree with above that your calorie count seems too high. I having been slowly but successfully cutting for the past eight weeks at 1800 calories. I started at 2,000, but had to tighten it up a bit when I hit a plateau. I do well with a 60/20/20 diet. I want to make sure I am getting enough protein and don't seem to require a lot of carbs to make it through the day.

I have gone from 210 to 192.
    Last edited by JohnnyVegas; 11-01-2011 at 01:30 PM.

randymeans is offline Associate Member
    1/2 the carbs and keep fat and protein! I loose more weight eating nuts and oils! Some people lose weight like me! I think you should look up the zone diet,its worked best for me! But keep options open always!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hey pap ive only been on here for 6 weeks so i dont know nearly as much as these guys however ive been working with them and so far lost 14 lbs(mostly fat) in 5 weeks.,.

our stats r similar so i thought id show u wat i am eating and maybe itll help

5'9" 199 (now) started at 214
    beginning bf 26.6%(also bod pod) exact same as u
    lbm 75kg (or close) a little more than u

maybe u can use this as a guide.. like i said ive been on this diet for 5 weeks and lost 14 lbs.. i try to do most of my cardio in the am on an empty stomach with only bcaa ingested prior to my cardio session (45 mins on elliptical)

total cals:2273/322Protein/97Carb/56Fat/ALL FOOD WEIGHED UNCOOKED

07:00meal1(immediatley after cardio)
    2 scoops whey
    1whole egg
    4 egg whites
    3 oz shrimp
    1/4 cup oats
    1 tbs sugar free strawberry preserves

1000 meal2:
    5 oz chicken breast(skinless boneless)
    4 oz yam
    2 cups broccoli

1200 Lift weights

1300(pwo) 3 scoops whey
    1/4 C oats
    1 TBS sugar free strawberry preserves

1430 meal4:
    6 oz lean burger(96/4 grnd beef)
    2 cups broccoli

1730 meal5:
    2 cans tuna(in water)
    10 asparagus spears
    1 tsp evoo(olive oil)

2000 meal6:
    1 cup 2% cottage cheese (248g weight)
    2 tbs nat peanut butter(ground from peanuts at fresh market..32 g weight)

like i said this has worked very well for me and we have/had similar body composition.. hope this helps u man

its like 59%pro/18%carb/23%fat

also my weight session consist of:
    monday:chest/bis
    tue:legs/tris
    wedff
    thu:back/abs
    fri:shoulders
    satff
    sunff

cardio: mon-sat 45mins am fasted(no food prior)

randymeans is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    hey pap ive only been on here for 6 weeks so i dont know nearly as much as these guys however ive been working with them and so far lost 14 lbs(mostly fat) in 5 weeks.,.

maybe u can use this as a guide.. like i said ive been on this diet for 5 weeks and lost 14 lbs.. i try to do most of my cardio in the am on an empty stomach with only bcaa ingested prior to my cardio session (45 mins on elliptical)

2 scoops whey
    1whole egg
    4 egg whites
    3 oz shrimp
    1/4 cup oats

1000 meal2:
    4 oz yam
    2 cups broccoli

1200 Lift weights

1300(pwo) 3 scoops whey
    1/4 C oats

1430 meal4:
    2 cups broccoli

1730 meal5:
    2 cans tuna(in water)
    10 asparagus spears
    1 tsp evoo(olive oil)

2000 meal6:

like i said this has worked very well for me and we have/had similar body composition.. hope this helps u man

This sounds like a great plan right here!!!!!!!!!! Alot of protein in the 1st meal would be overkill but having 3 diff protein sources makes this diet good IMHO,good job

Well i want to start of by saying thank you to all of you for taking the time to respond and guide me through the right path, now i'll try to answer all of you here but is a lot and i dont even know how to quote each of you so here it goes, if i miss something i'll repost again.

4:00 AM wake up and get ready to hit the gym at 5:00 AM

4:30 AM more or less i normally take the NO XPlode /Pre W/O with BCAA and Glutamine.
    5:00 AM i am walking in the door and this is when my day pretty much starts.
    7:00 AM i go in the locker room and take my Isopure Zero Carb with the above mentioned simple sugars/carbs +glutamine and BCAA.
    7:30 AM - 7:45 AM i am walking out the door and going to work.
    9:00 AM i ingest my first meal or at least real food meal, in this case #3
    11:00 AM meal #4
    1:00 PM meal #5
    3:00 PM meal #6
    4:00 PM maybe a little earlier or later depending on work i am walking back into the gym to do 1 hr cardio slow paced/ normally 20/20/20, elliptical, incline treadmill and bike, sometimes 30/30 either elliptical and bike or stairs also. Depends on what i feel like doing that afternoon, also i do slow paced cardio because i have read about the fat burning zone and all that crap, i rather go a lot faster because at the pace i am going i am falling asleep, literally lol.
    5:00 PM - 5:30 PM meal #7 in the car on the way home.
    7:00 PM meal #8
    This is the part where i need to work on, my sleep, after i get home at 5-6 PM i start doing all my things for the following day including gym bag and all meals, etc so i dont go to sleep as i would like which is 8PM to get my 8hrs a day, honestly i dont do it not because of the things i need to do but because i get a little lazy, relax in bed, pop a movie, instead of turning off the tv and going to sleep.

Workout routine: 1 muscle a day, all muscles are 3 sets of 10-15 reps
    M- box squat, start with 1 plate (45lb) end up with 3, deadlifts with 45lbs, leg press start heavy 720lbs and go up from there, definetly not doing it all the way but is hard to get out of the habit of doing that much weight, lunges with 110lbs, 22 long steps, 3 sets, leg extension start 210lbs and end with 260 or 290 dont recall exactly, a seated machine single leg for hams start with 90 end with 110, also a machine laying belly down and pull w/ both legs for hams start with 90 go up to 130, calves machine standing up with weight on shoulders start 200lbs and finish same weight, leg press calves 360lbs till failure, seated calves legs bent 90 angle 135lbs all the way, seated calves legs extended 135lbs all the way. Thats mondays.

T- chest, incline, decline, flat, benches all, flies with machine you sit down, do so cable pulls from bottom up and reverse, dont know what u call it. Some days i do dumbells instead of bench, but i also double the routine with some seated machines, all in all i do about 8 different excercises for chest, start most with 90-140 lbs and finish with 230 sometimes i max out with a little more.

W- back cable rows, 140 - 180, lat pull down open and with the cable row grip 190- 250, rows with dumbells i think is called 80-125, a few seated machines that are like lat pull down in a way and the other like seated row, i do the knees half bent and pulling the bar upward between the legs 90-180.

T- bicep and tricep, biceps, dumbells standing 50lbs follows by 35 lbs to failure, preacher bar standing 90-110, seated machine 45-90, hammer dumbells 40-50lbs, the arnold i call it, you bend down and do a concentration, with 35lbs, i dont know the name of most but i do a total of 6-7 excercises for biceps, triceps cable pull down i guess, 150lbs, same thing over the head, same weight 150lbs, single hand next to head pushing forward 60lbs, rope pull down, 80-120, single handle 30-50lbs, skull crusher 90-110lbs, seated dumbell behind head 90-125, cables i do 5 excercises, i do all and all 8 excercises for triceps.

F- shoulders and traps, shoulders i start with seated dumbells upward 70-90lbs, straight small bar pull infront of body for front shoulder 10-30lbs plus bar, side dumbells 25-35lbs, cables sideways 20-30lbs, crisscross from the top with cables to work back of shoulder and traps 30-50lbs, 90 degree angle on forearm and shoulder to work rotator cuffs 20-30lbs, seated machine push upward 90-270 maxing out, seated slightly incline to like 110 degree front bar smith machine i think push upward 90-180lbs, all in all 8 excercises for shoulder, traps, dumbells shrugs i think 110-125lbs, to failure which is upward to 15-30 reps, machine for seated shrugs but also standing, i do the standing 270-450lbs from 25 reps and go down as i go up in weights to like 15-20 reps, cable row machine but with rope pulling to bottom of jaw 40-60lbs, smith machine behind back 90-140bs, barbell bar pulling up to my jaw 70lbs between the seated machine, all in all i do 5 excercises.

Saturday and Sundays normally i rest and prep my food, supps, and stuff for next 2 weeks, i become a chef/butcher lol. Sometimes i play some racquetball but now i might start going to do some cardio not sure yet.

Now to answer some of the other questions, my maintenance calories are 3800 based on the Katch-McArdle formula if i didnt do it wrong, my work outside the gym is as an inspector for roadway construction which is kind of calm some days but other very rigorous but definitely not idle like computer job.

I started dieting somewhat correctly on July 5 like all proteins no carbs except post workout and started at 250lbs and now i am at the 226lbs, most likely due to the carb deficit but i started feeling the need for carbs plus i wanted to change the diet not go into plateau.

If i calculated the maintenance calories wrong or if i should lower my caloric intake to 2000-2500 or whatnot please show me the way and i will head there, i am hoping to learn as much as i can with time so i can maintain this lifestyle but at the same time do it properly not to hinder my gains or perhaps injure myself. Also i suck at eating veggies and fruits, dont eat 1 of any at all but that all can change if need be which i think it needs be lol, so tell me what veggies and fruits or whatnot and i will start, when it comes to the oats with the shake, i could try it in 2 weeks because my shakes are all preped up for the next 2 weeks, i do it to save time so i would have to use what i have prepared before i add oats, the oats do the dissolve in the shake or will there be a grainy texture?? Me and grainy textures is not a good mix, i have a small strainer to strain my shake before i drink it if not wow it'll be all over the floor.

The main focus now is to cut my fat below a 10% if possible, and later once i well versed in nutrition then i'll bulk but for now cut cut cut, weights in the morning cardio afternoon. Once again thank you all for the responses and the guidance, i really appreciate it. If i did not answer everything i apologize and also apologize for the long post. Thanks again and cannot wait for your responses again ;-)

2 scoops whey
    1whole egg
    4 egg whites
    3 oz shrimp
    1/4 cup oats

1000 meal2:
    4 oz yam
    2 cups broccoli

1200 Lift weights

1300(pwo) 3 scoops whey
    1/4 C oats

1430 meal4:
    2 cups broccoli

1730 meal5:
    2 cans tuna(in water)
    10 asparagus spears
    1 tsp evoo(olive oil)

2000 meal6:

I like this, looks pretty good and already won the approval of some here lol. Thanks for your input bud, appreciate it but i have a couple questions like broccoli, when u say a C, is it chopped or whole or what? Oats is it powder or grains or what? I see a lot of people here using nat PB but i didnt see it when i when to the supermarket here in MIAMI, i have here like winn dixie, publix, i could go to a whole foods market. Strawberry preserves, what is it???

hey no prob man.. figured u mite be able to use it since we have very simliar body comp and exact starting bf%.. i got this diet with the help of my man SteM.. (really knows his stuff)..anyways to answer ur questions

1.all the vegetables i use come frozen(in bags from groc store)
    2.broccoli is the florets (whole pieces about 1 1/2 inches long not chopped) the "C" stands for cup
    3.oats is quaker oatmeal (whole oats not instant 1/4 Cup dry measurement)
    4.i get my peanut butter from Fresh Market where they have a peanut grinding machine that grinds peanuts into peanut butter with nothing else added (u live in miami and im sure as big as that place is and with all the beautiful people and stuff u can find some health food store that has that) they do sell it prepackaged in the grocery store but im a little skeptical of that stuff personally..btw i am on Ga./S.C. border so were pretty close..
    5.strawberry preserves...like jam(sugar free) i mix it into my oatmeal and it makes it taste pretty good.. Smuckers makes a sugar free strawberry preserves that has like 10 calories and 1g carb or so..

when i first got on here i used the same katch/mckardle formula u did and my tdee was 3100 .. they say to run 500 cal deficit for fat burn but SteM directed me to go with 2300 instead of 2600 and just keep an eye on my LBM and so far i have only lost like 1.25 kg LBM and 6kg fat..also my strength is the same and i have recently changed workout style and am noticing myself being able to do more weight ...

as far as the veggies go im sure the fresh have a bit more nutrition than the frozen but my time is limited and its alot easier to just throw a handful or 2 from a bag into tupperware and roll out the door.. plus theyre cheaper.. i would stay away from canned veg though.. they have alot of salt and preservatives..

anyways there are alot of guys on here that know a heck of alot more than me that can help u but like i said because of our similarities i figd id show u my example thats really working well so far

Thanks bud, i appreciate the help and support, hopefully i get all responses needed before the end of the week to start fresh next week, i dont have much time either but i kind of plan my days like a schedule and that way i know what i got to do to squeeze everything and have a bit more time. Still 1 question though, the oats you eat them cooked with the preserves or dry with the preserves??

The peanut butter if i cant find it like that, that they make it on the spot, i'll try the Whole Foods Market here and perhaps they will have something healthy, the one i have currently i got of WD and it says that is organic, it has bits and pieces inside, perhaps thats the same thing you are talking about.

the oats i eat in 1/4 cup(dry) servings but i take 1/2 cup(dry) and put it in a pot with like 1 1/3 cups water and bring to boil and then turn down and simmer for like 5-10 minutes until soft and thick and then i split it into 2 difft containers and put 1 tbs sugar free preserves in and mix it around.. then eat pretty good..

Sounds good! Thanks

See 405, told you that you'd start dishing out advice!!!

Pap, the first thing that is obvious is that you are lifting weights on an empty stomach. Appreciate your use of pre workout formulas and BCAA's but you would be FAR better off having some real food before your session. Noted that you get up and work out early so a full breakfast may not be on the agenda so, if that's the case, how about a shake when you rise containing 20g carbs from powdered oats and 20g protein from egg whites. If not egg whites you could sub whey.
    PWO, knock back your 50g protein and add 50g of carbs from powdered oats. Yes they will be grainy, if that's an issue eat them instead of drinking.

Next meal 40g protein, 40g carbs and 10g fat. Your choice of foods but you have the idea with your usual PPWO meal.

Next 4 meals should contain 40g protein, 8-10g of fat and fibrous green veggies.

Your last meal of these 4 can exclude veggies.

Supplement with fish oils over PB where possible to make up the fat content of meals, should you need to.

That'll give you 110g carbs PLUS what you get from the veggies. About 270g pro and about 50g fat. It's only about 2100-2200 cals but I think you'll be good on it.

If you want to list a diet based on these figures do so, if you're happy with what you have then go for it.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ...and put 1 tbs sugar free preserves in and mix it around.. then eat pretty good..
    That is exactly what I do. After eight weeks of plain oatmeal it was like eating a donut! So good.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post

Pap, the first thing that is obvious is that you are lifting weights on an empty stomach. Appreciate your use of pre workout formulas and BCAA's but you would be FAR better off having some real food before your session. Noted that you get up and work out early so a full breakfast may not be on the agenda so, if that's the case, how about a shake when you rise containing 20g carbs from powdered oats and 20g protein from egg whites. If not egg whites you could sub whey.
    PWO, knock back your 50g protein and add 50g of carbs from powdered oats. Yes they will be grainy, if that's an issue eat them instead of drinking.

Next meal 40g protein, 40g carbs and 10g fat. Your choice of foods but you have the idea with your usual PPWO meal.

Next 4 meals should contain 40g protein, 8-10g of fat and fibrous green veggies.

Supplement with fish oils over PB where possible to make up the fat content of meals, should you need to.

That'll give you 110g carbs PLUS what you get from the veggies. About 270g pro and about 50g fat. It's only about 2100-2200 cals but I think you'll be good on it.

If you want to list a diet based on these figures do so, if you're happy with what you have then go for it.
    Stem what would a full breakfast be like? I could always do it the night before and pre heat it or just eat it cold, i don't mind. When you say a shake of 20g carbs from oats and 20g from egg whites, that plus a whey shake or just eat those 2?? Thanks for the advice.

Quick and important question. Cardio!!!!? Do i do it fast or slow paced??

Full breakfast for me is 1scp whey, 4 egg whites plus 1 whole egg, 55g oats and half a grapefruit. That's about 40g c, 40g p and 10g fat.

At over 20% bodyfat i would suggest most, if not all, of your cardio be HIIT based.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I get up at 4:30am and am in the gym by 5:45am, so I feel you. My preworkout meal:

2 scoops protein powder (usually a scoop of myofusion, and a scoop of ON Pro Complex)
    1 cup water
    3/4 cup cottage cheese (1% milkfat, no salt added)
    2tbsp cacao powder (natural, unsweetened)
    6 packets splenda (or stevia, whatever you prefer)
    1/2 cup oats
    1 cup crushed ice
    2tsp instant coffee (I like Foldger's)

optional (sometimes I add these)
    a 'squirt' of sugar free chocolate syrup
    a 'spash' of fat free half & half

Blend, scrape down the sides, blend again until smooth - delicious protein smoothie, done in 5 mins!!!

PS - needless to say you can and should adjust measurements to fit your own macros.

Sounds monumentally sweet! Or does that make it more drinkable that early?

Not that I can deal in cups or know what half and half is but what macro's does that give you?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Sounds monumentally sweet! Or does that make it more drinkable that early?
    Both - my old preworkout meal (same time of day) was 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup whites, a protein/casein shake, 1/2 cup oats (cooked), and 1/2 a banana. As much as I loved the meal, it took too damn long to prepare that early in the morning. I was having to get up 15 mins earlier just to cook.

THIS meal - I have all the dry ingredients measured out and together in a container the night before. All I have to do is dump them into the blender, add the wet ingredients, blend and drink! AND it's delicious - I have been doing it for nearly 5 months now and still am nowhere near sick of it - look forward to it every day.

Not that I can deal in cups or know what half and half is but what macro's does that give you?
    Roughly 70g protein, 40g carbs, 7g fat

Note this is my PCT version of the shake. Usually it's 1.5 scoops protein, and 1/2 cup cottage cheese. I drop the oats completely on non-carb days.

Good deal, cant wait for Monday to start the new diet based on all your suggestions, i am right now on my way to Tampa FL but as soon as i have the diet ready i'll post it for some approvals and disapprovals.

Has any of you guys tried (Boniato) instead of Sweet Potato?? According to (LiveStrong) app 4oz of boniato is 90 cal, 20g carbs, 1g pro, 100 g of sweetpotato is 103 cal, 24g carbs, 2g pro.

Just curious as the difference it would make in the diet and perhaps why no one uses it, or is it that you didn't know about it since is more of a south america hispanic sweet potato. I would like to know if is viable to use it instead of the regular sweetpotato, i definitely like it a lot more, tastes a hundred times better.

It has white flesh? It will likely have a slightly different profile in terms of vitamins and phyto nutrients but maybe not. Try it and see how it works for you. It's not something we get in this part of the world!

Diet started?

Yeah is off white more like a light greyish, i start tomorrow, going to the super market to get the broccoli and all the good stuff. Cooking my breakfast tonight also, i will also start blogging as to how was it an the workout, but the part im most ancious about is the broccoli, green beans, sparagus, etc lol, thats going to be tough!

Couldn't get some cardio in today as well as yesterday. Had a good chest workout today. As far as the diet goes i dont have macros but here it goes, 3 C broccoli, 16oz chicken breast, 1/2 C oats, 2 tbsp sugar free strawberry preserves, 4 egg whites plus 1 whole egg, 1 50g protein shake, 1 8oz beef tenderloin steak, 4oz boniato (tropical sweet potato). On another note the oatmeal sucked, the textured and flavor was bad but i still ate it, the broccoli which i though i would have a very hard time i actually enjoyed it in a way, the texture and flavor was not bad but not really the best, all in all i rather eat broccoli and oats but i'll keep eating them both until i get used to both.

SteM here is what i came up with based on what you suggested but the calories are a little high, perhaps my macros are off but everything was off the sticky that shows the macros, except a few little calculations i did to add a little more oz per serving on some things. Please let me know if i leave it as it is or if i should bring it down to the 2000-2200 cals/day. Thanks bud!

MEALS FOODS QUANTITY CALORIES PROTEINS (g) CARBOHYDRATES (g) FATS (g)
    Pre-Workout
    1 Egg Whites 4 64 16 0 0
    Egg 1 71 6 1 5
    Oatmeal 1 C 300 10 54 6
    Sugar Free Strawberry Preserve 1 Tbsp 10 0 5 0

Post-Workout
    Isopure Zero Carb 2 Scoops 210 50 0 1
    Oatmeal 1 C 300 10 54 6
    Sugar Free Strawberry Preserve 1 Tbsp 10 0 5 0

3 Chicken Breast 5 oz 214.5 40 0 4.3
    Sweet Potato 8 oz 176 3.2 40 0
    Fish Oil 2 Tsp 80 0 0 9

4 Chicken Breast 5 oz 214.5 40 0 4.3
    Broccoli 10 oz 82 8 14 0
    Fish Oil 2 Tsp 80 0 0 9

5 Chicken Breast 5 oz 214.5 40 0 4.3
    Broccoli 10 oz 82 8 14 0
    Fish Oil 2 Tsp 80 0 0 9

6 Tilapia 6 oz 200 45 0 6
    Broccoli 10 oz 82 8 14 0
    Fish Oil 2 Tsp 80 0 0 9

7 Beef Tenderloin 6 oz 402 46.2 0 22.2

Calories From Carbs:
    34.61%

Calories From Proteins:
    53.87%

Calories From Fats:
    10.84%

Total Calories, Protein, Carbohydrates, Fats: 2952.5 330.4 201 95.1

EDIT: All this was done on EXCEL and all calculations as well.
    Last edited by Papiriqui; 11-11-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    Couldn't get some cardio in today as well as yesterday. Had a good chest workout today. As far as the diet goes i dont have macros but here it goes, 3 C broccoli, 16oz chicken breast, 1/2 C oats, 2 tbsp sugar free strawberry preserves, 4 egg whites plus 1 whole egg, 1 50g protein shake, 1 8oz beef tenderloin steak, 4oz boniato (tropical sweet potato). On another note the oatmeal sucked, the textured and flavor was bad but i still ate it, the broccoli which i though i would have a very hard time i actually enjoyed it in a way, the texture and flavor was not bad but not really the best, all in all i rather eat broccoli and oats but i'll keep eating them both until i get used to both.
    LOL u didnt like my oatmeal PAP?? sry dude.. shoot i dont even eat mine hot.. by the time i eat it(pwo) its cold man.. as a matter of fact i dont heat anything up anymore.. all 6 meals i eat are room temp or colder.. it doesnt taste good anyways so wats the point?? the oatmeal however is something i actually enjoy.. even cold eating food cold i think does help me to really view food more as a chore than something done for pleasure which helps me and it makes the cheat meals all the more better...

First up, your calcs are a little off. 95g of fats equates to 855 cals not 320. 200g carbs equals approx 800 cals and 330g pro equates to approx 1440 cals. So, if your grammage is right then your cals would be approx 3100 and NOT at the % split that you think.

On the plus side food choices and timings of carbs are good!

So, I think you need to drop the cals to about 2500 ish and first you need to drop the fat to 60g max. That'll lose nearly 300cals straight away. Try to keep to 10g max per meal.

Additional loss of calories can come from protein. Don't be afraid to 'let it go'. Drop it to approx 40g per meal, over 7 meals that still gives you a massive 280g pro per day and should reduce your cals to where I suggested.

Can you get bodpod tested at regular intervals?

First up, your calcs are a little off. 95g of fats equates to 855 cals not 320. 200g carbs equals approx 800 cals and 330g pro equates to approx 1440 cals. So, if your grammage is right then your cals would be approx 3100 and NOT at the % split that you think. I think you are going by the method that 1g of carb=9 cals, 1g pro=4 cals, 1g fat=9 cals, is this what you are using?? I was using the foods from the macro nutrients sticky which states the calories already. I could change the method though.

On the plus side food choices and timings of carbs are good! Thanks, getting the hang of it ;-)

So, I think you need to drop the cals to about 2500 ish and first you need to drop the fat to 60g max. That'll lose nearly 300cals straight away. Try to keep to 10g max per meal. Yeah the fat i will drop for sure, i misunderstood you when you said before 10g fat per meal i though you meant to add, but i'll fix right now!

Additional loss of calories can come from protein. Don't be afraid to 'let it go'. Drop it to approx 40g per meal, over 7 meals that still gives you a massive 280g pro per day and should reduce your cals to where I suggested. Will do!

Can you get bodpod tested at regular intervals?
    Yes i can, i was thinking of doing it depending on my results from the scale each week, the test is $50 bucks which is not much but is money i could use for supps and food. You think every 4-6 weeks a bodpod test is good enough or should i do it more often??

Thanks for the help SteM, really appreciate it. Want to start full blast this monday, setting my goal far away, for June before my 28th birthday. Im going to get a haircut right now but as soon as i get back i will post new diet.

LOL u didnt like my oatmeal PAP?? sry dude.. shoot i dont even eat mine hot.. by the time i eat it(pwo) its cold man.. as a matter of fact i dont heat anything up anymore.. all 6 meals i eat are room temp or colder.. it doesnt taste good anyways so wats the point?? the oatmeal however is something i actually enjoy.. even cold eating food cold i think does help me to really view food more as a chore than something done for pleasure which helps me and it makes the cheat meals all the more better...
    Is not that i didnt like it, it was just hard for me, actually harder than the veggies, keep in mind i have never eating any of these including veggies so is hard for me to get used to it but i will do it no matter what. This weekend i am trying it with bananas and also separate a little serving with cinnamon, see which is better, but i will pure it if it makes it easier to swallow, really i dont care what i do but i will eat it lol

Banana's will add calories to your oatmeal! Is the strawberry preserve not enough to get it down? Can you get sugar free/zero cal syrup? Or just add some splenda.

Bodpod every 4-8 weeks sounds good, the scale should really tell you how you are doing as will the regualr photo's you should take.

28, pah! Whippersnapper. Happy haircut!

YEH i know wat u mean man.. it took me a couple weeks but now i dont even think about it.. i do enjoy meal 1 and meal 6 as well as the tuna if i use alot of hot sauce..(texas pete).. the tuna would be awesome if i could put mayo in it... but i cant (rite stem )?

Well, if you want to weigh your mayo and incude it in your macro's then go right ahead. But that'll be a limit of 9g of fat and may not be enough to make it worthwhile. Just don't make a habit of it. I just add a few splashes of malt vinegar to my tuna.

Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread Information