Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hmm interesting malt vinegar.. yeh i dont think ill do it rite now.. maybe later.. sry to jack ur thread pap ..

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Banana's will add calories to your oatmeal! Is the strawberry preserve not enough to get it down? Can you get sugar free/zero cal syrup? Or just add some splenda.

Bodpod every 4-8 weeks sounds good, the scale should really tell you how you are doing as will the regualr photo's you should take.

28, pah! Whippersnapper. Happy haircut!
    No banana whua whua whua :-( lol is okay the preserve is fine i was just looking for some other options perhaps better but once again i can eat it, it was just hard and it took me a while but i will get used to it. I will eat it no matter what, even though i dont like it my will to lose the fat is stronger!!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    hmm interesting malt vinegar.. yeh i dont think ill do it rite now.. maybe later.. sry to jack ur thread pap ..
    Anytime bud!

SteM should i count the calories based on grams per fat, protein, carbohydrates or as per the sticky with the macros and also using livestrong app or website?

stache is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey whats up. Im new to this thread, and was wondering if someone could help me out with losing a lil more weight. My stats are:

5'10"
    171 lbs
    no weights, just cardio.
    bf: i would have to guess around 10-12%, its all in my gut tho.

Was wondering what kind of "supplements" would help me with losing my gut, along with diet. Thanks for your replies, Stache

Quote Originally Posted by stache View Post
    Hey whats up. Im new to this thread, and was wondering if someone could help me out with losing a lil more weight. My stats are:

5'10"
    171 lbs
    no weights, just cardio.
    bf: i would have to guess around 10-12%, its all in my gut tho.

Was wondering what kind of "supplements" would help me with losing my gut, along with diet. Thanks for your replies, Stache
    Buddy i suggest you read the stickys here, they will teach you a lot, also read the logs of some of the members here, some are extensive but read as much as you can, once you've done all that and get a small feeling of what this is about then make your own thread and post the same thing and all this guys here will help you on your goal but you have to do a little homework first. Sorry i cant be of much help since this guys are helping me out with my diet also. Just my .02 cents

So based on 1g of carbs= 4 cal, 1g of protein= 4 cal, 1g fat= 9 cal i touched my diet again. Notice i added some cottage cheese at the last meal because i was a little lost but i think thats to much protein so in reality i dont know what else to add, without the cottage cheese calories were on the low side, below 2000. So if you guys have any suggestions for any meals or give me the thumps up, much appreciated ;-)

PreWO
    1- egg whites (4), 64cal, 16g p, 0g c, 0g f
    whole egg (1) 74 cal, 6g p, 0g c, 5g f
    Oatmeal (1C) 216 cal, 10g p, 54g c, 6g f
    SF Strawberry Preserve (1tbsp) 10 cal, 0g p, 5g c, 0g f

PostWO
    2- Shake 210 cal, 50g p, 0g c, 1g f
    Oatmeal (1C) 216 cal, 10g p, 54g c, 6g f

3- Chicken breast (5oz) 160 cal, 40g p, 0g c, 4.3g f
    Sweet potato (7oz) 192 cal, 4g p, 48g c, 0g f

4- Chicken breast (5oz) 160 cal, 40g p, 0g c, 4.3g f
    Broccoli (10oz) 56 cal, 8g p, 14g c, 0g f

5- Chicken breast (5oz) 160 cal, 40g p, 0g c, 4.3g f

6-Tilapa (6oz) 180 cal, 45g p, 0g c, 6g f

7- Beef tenderloin (5oz) 154 cal, 38.5g p, 0g c, 17.5g f
    2% Cottage Cheese (1C) 180 cal, 24g p, 10g c, 4g f

Calories from carbs = 792
    Calories from proteins = 1078
    Total calories = 2154

EDIT: total proteins = 347.5, total carbohydrates = 218, total fat = 58.4

Bump!

hey pap i did the math and came up with 348Pro/218Carb/63Fat (may be wrong on fat )

looks like ur math is off on pro and carbs and i dont see where u added cals from fat?

348 x 4 = 1392
    218 x 4 = 872
    63 x 9 = 567

total cals:2831

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Your figures are definitely off. None of the calories equal the macro's listed. So, let's hope the macro's are right and the calories will look after themselves.

Drop protein to 300g per day max. Fats are maxed out as they are. Drop carbs just below 200.

Drop you brocoli to 6-8 oz. Drop the cottage cheese (too much protein in this meal). Can you get a leaner cut of steak than the tenderloin. SOmething with 10g of fat rather than 17?

The cheese i can drop for sure, i can replace the tenderloin with ground beef 95/5 or something like that. Im going to redo the whole thing based on the sticky that has several foods and their macros, based on those foods and their macros i'll work the proteins under 300g and carbs under 200g. I will start tomorrow either way, if not i will never start this thing, i'll post the diet later and if good i'll continue if not i'll make the changes as i go along the week, i'll take some pictures today and tomorrow before 5am i'll post my weight. Thanks guys

On another note, where do you guys get the macros for the foods? Labels, livestrong.com or livestrong app, sticky???

i get mine off labels and fitday.com

[QUOTE=Papiriqui;5805550]So based on 1g of carbs= 4 cal, 1g of protein= 4 cal, 1g fat= 9 cal i touched my diet again. Notice i added some cottage cheese at the last meal because i was a little lost but i think thats to much protein so in reality i dont know what else to add, without the cottage cheese calories were on the low side, below 2000. So if you guys have any suggestions for any meals or give me the thumps up, much appreciated ;-)

PreWO
    1- egg whites (4), 64cal, 16g p, 0g c, 0g f
    whole egg (1) 74 cal, 6g p, 0g c, 5g f
    Oatmeal (1C) 300 cal, 10g p, 54g c, 5g f

PostWO
    2- Shake 210 cal, 50g p, 0g c, 1g f
    Oatmeal (1C) 300 cal, 10g p, 54g c, 5g f

3- Chicken breast (3.5oz) 150 cal, 28g p, 0g c, 3g f
    Sweet potato (3.5oz) 103 cal, 2g p, 24g c, 0g f

4- Chicken breast (3.5oz) 150 cal, 28g p, 0g c, 3g f
    Broccoli (5oz) 41 cal, 4g p, 7g c, 0g f

5- Chicken breast (3.5oz) 150 cal, 28g p, 0g c, 3g f

6-Tilapa (6oz) 180 cal, 45g p, 0g c, 6g f

7- Ground Beef 95/5 (3.5oz) 193 cal, 29g p, 0g c, 8g f

Total Calories: 2117, total proteins: 264g, total carbs: 163g, total fat: 39g.

This is the diet with the right macros, hopefully!! Cabs bellow 200g and proteins bellow 300g. Good night, wont be able to post photos today since i wanted to pose for photos and i dont have anyone to take them for me but i will try to post the photos tomorrow if i can. For now i will just post weight. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    i get mine off labels and fitday.com
    I get mine off from the sticky here that has a bunch of foods and their macros and also fitday & livestrong app. I went off by doing it in a different way and thats why my numbers were off, just posted the new macros and hopefully they are correct. Thanks 405!!

sure thing pap

Weight in came at 222.5 lbs. Heading to the gum now to put some pain on my legs!! I'll keep posting throughout the day my excercises ad weights and stuff. Good day all!
    EDIT: Great leg workout, diet good so far!!
    Last edited by Papiriqui; 11-14-2011 at 11:18 AM.

I have a question about racquetball, do you think is a good idea to play on the weekends for maybe 1-2 hrs?? This is a little similar to HIIT Cardio i guess?? What do you guys think??

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Do you like pancakes? if so, I will post up a great recipe...
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Yeah who doesnt lol. Thanks SlimmerMe

Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    I have a question about racquetball, do you think is a good idea to play on the weekends for maybe 1-2 hrs?? This is a little similar to HIIT Cardio i guess?? What do you guys think??
    It'll only help!

Sounds good SteM.

Just finish an he of HIIT Cardio, 20 mins stair master, 20 mins bike, 20 mins eliptical, WOW what a workout, as soon as i started hitting the stairs it started raining!! I dont think i've ever sweat that much in my life in the first 10 mins of cardio. Feel great!!!

good work pap...im gonna haveto try out the stair thing one day when i go to a gym that has it

Yes they are great but your legs will definitely not agree with that statement, i like bike and stair because they all work your legs as well as give you the cardio, is a win win! I got excited since the cardio i was doing was very slow, to see this happen makes me see that there will be results even faster than i thought

Had a good w/o today, a little on the sleepy side since i've gone to bed late thiese past 2 days, will hit the sack early today though, recharge the batteries, did 15mins of light cardio after the w/o since i had the extra time. Diet is going pretty good, broccoli and oatmeal are my biggest obstacles but still hanging in there.

I actually like the oats pap.. The broc i just stuff as much in my mouth each bite aspossible usually the broc on meal 2 is still frozen when i eat it LOL .. Try tat if u think its bad just regulAr

hahaha thats funny, is not that they are bad because if it was that bad i would not be able to eat it, is just getting used to the textured and bland flavor of both broccoli and oats, never eaten these things in 27 years so yes it's really hard, up to this diet i had never eaten any vegetables, fruits or any of that kind of stuff, i'm a carnivore guy and anything that tastes good lol. I like to cook and planning on going through culinary school, something i really like so to eat this stuff that it really doesnt taste much of anything is hard, but is all a mind set, just being used to something thats all.

Is it okay to eat less then 30 mins before cardio?? I did that today since i got off work a bit early.

Is it okay to eat less then 30 mins before cardio?? I did that today since i got off work a bit early.
    Doing HIIT? You'll probably puke. I can't do cardio within 2 hours of eating. I would have done cardio then ate.

Actually i did it yesterday and i just got out and the first 15 mins are a little weird but i did t feel like puking so i guess is good. I had a fantastic HIIT Cardio session, 30mins CrossRamp and 30mins bike, my shirt is more wet than if i had taken it out of a pool!! Going home to do meal 6 and 7 and going to bed really early, need to recharge for back tomorrow morning!

Pap, can you detail your cardio workouts for me. In reality HIIT should take a max of 30 mins or so. Curious!

Ohhhhh i did not know that!! Yesterday i did 30/30 bike and cross ramp which is like eliptical. Bike 2 mins @ resistance 1 and 1 min @ resistance 10 @ 120 strides per min, cross ramp at incline 19 2 mins @ 30-40 strides and 1 min @ 80-90 strides. Not sure if im being specific enough, i could be more detailed this afternoon when i get to the gym to do cardio again. If is only 30 mins HIIT Cardio the other 30 i should just do moderate??

Well, I'll try to explain. If at the end of your 1 minute at high intensity you feel like you could go on, you're not working hard enough! My HIIT i do on a treadmill, I sprint at 23kmh (about 14mph) for 40 seconds. At the end of that 40 seconds I have to jump to the side rails because I am so tired I would fall of the back of the treadmill if I didn't. Is that how you feel at the end of each interval? If so, and you can keep that going for an hour then fair enough and do it.

If not, make sure you do feel like that and, if you're spent after 30 mins then yes, the remainder of the time at moderate intensity.

Not suggesting you should run btw, but that's how you should feel.

Yeah thats how i feel on the bike and the stair master but not so much on the cross ramp, i could run and i will try but i do get shin splin i think is called whether i run fast or not. If i can i rather do it for 1 hr to maximize my results, yesterday for example i did the bike after the cross ramp and at the speeds and intervals i posted before, but around minute 23 i could go thru another 1 min fast, i had to continue slow paced because my legs and lungs could not keep up anymore!!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Just checking in... glad to see you continuing to log Papi!!

Thanks for checking in GB Following your footsteps and many other here !!

SteM i tried today 20/20/20 began with the CrossRamp 2:1 ratio for all, 130 strides at rest and 170-190 at highest, continued to treadmill and decided to give it a try since is short sprints, rest at 3mph and 10mph on high, only did it for 7 mins since at the third sprint i started getting shin splint on my left leg, backtracking before that i did elliptical at intensity of 5, 2:1 ratio i don't remember the numbers though, after getting of the treadmill i decided to go and finish at the bike, resting resistance at 5 and high at 10, once again my legs gave out around minute 17 so i continued at a steady pace with resistance set on 5. Overall a pretty good workout i would say.

Today a received a hear rate monitor strap called WAHOO FITNESS, for the iphone. I wanted to see how many calories do i burn while lifting weights doing the different exercises i perform, such as legs, backs, biceps and triceps, since they are all different there should be a different expenditure of calories at each workout, also i can tell what i burn on cardio and perhaps if the app allows it throughout the day while at work to have a general knowledge of how many calories am i burning throughout the day compared to my caloric intake. Starting tomorrow i'll start posting those stats....

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Oat Pancakes:

1 cup oats (just regular old fashioned oats or quick oats)
    1 cup egg whites (about 7 large eggs)
    1 cup fat free cottage cheese (or 1% if you desire)

Splenda all you want
    nutmeg, dash if you so desire
    drop of vanilla, if desired
    baking powder about 2 teaspoons

First: Blend the oats in a blender until real powdery (no water just blend dry )
    Add all the above ingredients and blend until a good consistency for a pancake

Cook on griddle/pan which should be real hot after sprayed with Pam....and then cook like a regular pancake

TOP with:
    Sugar free syrup
    and banana or raspberries with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt to spread around the pancake and sprinkle some splenda on top of the yogurt
    -or-
    fry an egg with Pam and top your pancake with the egg

ENJOY!

MAKES 3 BIG PANCAKES! so good for 3 meals.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

SteM i tried today 20/20/20 began with the CrossRamp 2:1 ratio for all, 130 strides at rest and 170-190 at highest, continued to treadmill and decided to give it a try since is short sprints, rest at 3mph and 10mph on high, only did it for 7 mins since at the third sprint i started getting shin splint on my left leg, backtracking before that i did elliptical at intensity of 5, 2:1 ratio i don't remember the numbers though, after getting of the treadmill i decided to go and finish at the bike, resting resistance at 5 and high at 10, once again my legs gave out around minute 17 so i continued at a steady pace with resistance set on 5. Overall a pretty good workout i would say.

Today a received a hear rate monitor strap called WAHOO FITNESS, for the iphone. I wanted to see how many calories do i burn while lifting weights doing the different exercises i perform, such as legs, backs, biceps and triceps, since they are all different there should be a different expenditure of calories at each workout, also i can tell what i burn on cardio and perhaps if the app allows it throughout the day while at work to have a general knowledge of how many calories am i burning throughout the day compared to my caloric intake. Starting tomorrow i'll start posting those stats....
    Occasionally I do this. Good idea!

Thanks SteM

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread Information