Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Heeeeeey why you hijacking my thread!!!? HAHAHA j/k you 2 are welcome to hijack my thread as many times as you want!! Just make sure you guys dont ask for ransom because i am broke lol.

Just finished shoulder/traps workout, really good. Just need you guys to let me know excercises you do for rear delta?? I do about 3 not sure if they are the best or if i should incorporate more!

SteM i have been using a touch of EVOO to cook chicken, eggs, burger patty, tilapia. I havent incorporated this into the diet as well, i'm going to buy next week the 360 george foreman grill, i think it will make my life a bit easier when cooking those thing and i can remove totally the EVOO and perhaps add the fish oil. I dont measure but i should be using about 2 tbsp for burger and fish and 1 tbsp for about 3 days worth of chicken.

Whats your thought on this??

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Me pap i use cast iron skillet and pam and sometimes add a littke soy sauce to chikn and worcestershire to burger.. Those skillets r best when they get "sooty" or blackened u shoukd def include evoo in macros.. Like 14g fat per serving and a fair amt cals too... I like pam or someth like it... Love cast iron skillet... Had my wife quit using foreman(dries out and cooks outside fast and inside slow) i dont like it at all!

I think u did but i was still trying to get oriented...

I use a non stick pan and it works great!! I guess i'll just remove the EVOO either way, anyways i dont think the food will stick which is what i was worried about!

The george forman grill, i agree it kind of dries out the meat, but my burgers are very thin and wide plus i eat them (medium), the chicken breast i kind of make steaks out of them so they are thinner, i cook them fast so they kind of sear and juices are kept, which it would be the same thing in the GF grill, the difference is i can put it and walk away for 2 mins and come back an take them out, now when i cook i have to be standing in front of the stove to wait and turn them.

Feel bummed out right now, just got out of the dermatologist, they removed a (mole) i guess you would call it, right forearm near the wrist, they are sending it out for biopsy, could be a melatoma i think is spelled, anyways i have a few stitches and i cant lift ways until the 14th i grt them removed. Cardio and it has to be stationary and legs that dont need my forearm, so that leaves me with seated calves, seated hams, leg extensions, and cardio!!! This sucks, havent missed a lift day since July 5th....

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Leg press too! Don't sweat it mate, your health is more important than 2 weeks in the gym lifting. Besides, you get to do extra cardio and, as you are on a cut, that's a good thing.

Definitely need to include EVOO in your macro's. ALthough it's not a great oil for cooking at high temps. Canola is a better choice for higher temps.

Good luck mate, when do you get results?

bavz01 is offline Associate Member
    Yer good luck with the results pap I had 1 taken off last year thankfully it wasn't a melonola always a worry though!!

Early next week. Is it okay if i do 2 hr cardio fasted inthe morning and 1 hr in the afternoon as usual?

Quote Originally Posted by bavz01
    Yer good luck with the results pap I had 1 taken off last year thankfully it wasn't a melonola always a worry though!!
    Thanks bavz, much appreciated. Not really worried, stopped worrying about things i really cant change, it is what it is regardless of the results! Hopefully good news, even though i dont know what happens next if bad news lol

Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    Early next week. Is it okay if i do 2 hr cardio fasted inthe morning and 1 hr in the afternoon as usual?
    I wouldn't go over 60 mins fasted. But yes, you can do afternoon too. Alot of competing b'builders will do 2 or even 3 sets of cardio a day for a period pre comp. Just make sure pre fasted you are taking in 10g BCAA's along with caffeine and green tea.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM

I wouldn't go over 60 mins fasted. But yes, you can do afternoon too. Alot of competing b'builders will do 2 or even 3 sets of cardio a day for a period pre comp. Just make sure pre fasted you are taking in 10g BCAA's along with caffeine and green tea.
    What i'll do is wake up at 4:30 instead of the usual 4:00 be at the gym at 5:30, 1 hr cardio and about 30 mins of abs, that will still keep me at the same time frame as before, i dont want to get up at 5am, might get used to it lol

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry about the temporary set-back, maximize the time with the cardio and hit the legs as hard as you can!

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66
    Sorry about the temporary set-back, maximize the time with the cardio and hit the legs as hard as you can!
    Thanks T! Thats the plan

So here i am after i tried the iphone app but is a piece of crap!! Always crashing, connection issues, etc.

Did good HIIT Cardio 30/30 bike and stair master as it is about the only 2 types of cardio i can do after my little cut in the arm lol. For some reason, not paranoid or anything but either the body is getting more stamina which obviously should happen but i am not burning as much calories in my cardio sessions.

SteM since i started taking the caffeine/green tea stack i have been sweating less, specially today at cardio, took it before cardio today for the first time and i noticed a sweated a lot less than every other day where is dripping down my elbows. Is that normal?

Pap sry to hear bout ur setback man... Happens to all of us but cardio and diet make the fat fall off !! Hit it hard buddy im thinkn of upping my cardio to 60 mins myself.. But now tomorrow LOL

Does anyone know how I feel about cardio???

Hahaha yeah T i read that in another post, unfortunately i dont have a choice and when i do i still dont have a choice, i hate it but i've come to love it because it will give me results!

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Does anyone know how I feel about cardio???
    im curious???

I'll let TBODY answer that one lol

Very simple question and i should have asked a while back since i need an answer now but anyways, SteM when you said 10g BCAA pre fastes cardio, what do you mean?? 10g in weight or 10g of actual BCAA?? My powder bcaa has like 4000mg of 1 thing 1000mg of another and 1000mg of another, how could i measure 10g when is like that?

1000 mg is 1g

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66
    1000 mg is 1g
    Yeah i know that part T, so that means each of my serving has 6g of BCAA of leucine valine etc combined??

I am feeling so QUEAZY from the bcaa pre fasted is not even funny. Had to step off the bike and all if not i was gonna spill my guts out, right mow on the stair master feeling the same way. I am going to cut my fastes cardio short today since i am feeling this way for some reason! 20/20 bike and stair master!

Yeah i know that part T, so that means each of my serving has 6g of BCAA of leucine valine etc combined??
    That's right 6g. If you have scales that measure as low as 10g just weigh out 10g of actual powder.

Not sure about the less sweating thing. But don't 'sweat it', it's not an issue how little you sweat unless it causes you to overheat!

How do you know you aren't burning as many cals? Do you wear a heart rate monitor? As you get lighter you will burn less calories anyway.

Yes HR monitor connected to my iPhone, yes i am burning a bit less, not that big of a deal, can definitely feel the difference in stamina specially when playing racquetball which is another form of HIIT and anaerobic exercise. Okay i'll measure it from now on by weight.

SteM should i add to the protein shake the same amount? When drinking it pre fasted what should i drink the BCAA with? Plain water? Tried that today and tasted like asssssss (not that i know what that tastes like).

I am referencing this thread here form SlimmersMe thread, very interesting reading. Anyone welcome to use

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...8#.TtqZLmA5uoB

Good news!!!!! Just weighted myself a few minutes ago and i am at 215.3 lbs, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees lol Really really happy!

Yes HR monitor connected to my iPhone, yes i am burning a bit less, not that big of a deal, can definitely feel the difference in stamina specially when playing racquetball which is another form of HIIT and anaerobic exercise. Okay i'll measure it from now on by weight.

SteM should i add to the protein shake the same amount? When drinking it pre fasted what should i drink the BCAA with? Plain water? Tried that today and tasted like asssssss (not that i know what that tastes like).
    As you get fitter your resting heart rate drops. That makes it more difficult to get your heart rate as high as you used to. That, coupled with the fact you are lighter, makes you burn less cals. But you now have less weight to lose so really don't worry about the few cals difference.

BCAA's do taste like ass you're right. I add a little no added sugar fruit cordial and a splash of water to mine.

Your protein shake should already contain some BCAA's, check how much. I don't add any to a post workout shke, I don't see the need. You could always have another 10g post workout without the shake and then go straight to a real meal.

Good news!!!!! Just weighted myself a few minutes ago and i am at 215.3 lbs, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees lol Really really happy!
    Not that you're taking any notice of the scales anymore!

Sweet pap.. What did u start at and when?

Down 10lbs in 5 weeks, that's pretty much textbook IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    As you get fitter your resting heart rate drops. That makes it more difficult to get your heart rate as high as you used to. That, coupled with the fact you are lighter, makes you burn less cals. But you now have less weight to lose so really don't worry about the few cals difference.

BCAA's do taste like ass you're right. I add a little no added sugar fruit cordial and a splash of water to mine.

Your protein shake should already contain some BCAA's, check how much. I don't add any to a post workout shke, I don't see the need. You could always have another 10g post workout without the shake and then go straight to a real meal.
    It has 13g BCAA, i just wasnt sure if it was accurate or if i should trust it, but i do trust you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Sweet pap.. What did u start at and when?
    Well i originally started back in July 5th when i was at 250 lbs, had broken up with g/f and decided it was time to change my eating habits and lifestyle. When i got into this site, sometime around October i believe i was at 230 lbs which is when i did the BodPod. Have been in kind of a plateau around 220 lbs for quite a while so now i am happy to see the movement. I dont have pictures of myself like i posted here back when i was at 250 lbs so you guys could see the difference, didnt use to take progress pictures, never have. Wish i did though

Down 10lbs in 5 weeks, that's pretty much textbook IMO.
    What does that mean ?? lol

Not that you're taking any notice of the scales anymore!
    HAHAHA dude you really dont miss a thing, really good memory as well. I was going to wait for Monday morning but since in the weekends im in the room mostly the entire day and the scale is right there on the floor, is hard to resist. I was going to weight myself as soon as i woke up but i forgot and remembered once i was already home and said, what the hell.

Although i was crossing my fingers the whole time hoping at least i was 1 lb off, when i saw the 215 i started going in my head thinking i was going up, then i remembered that i was at 220 lbs, pheeeew for a second there i was about to slap myself.

That's right 6g. If you have scales that measure as low as 10g just weigh out 10g of actual powder.

Not sure about the less sweating thing. But don't 'sweat it', it's not an issue how little you sweat unless it causes you to overheat!

How do you know you aren't burning as many cals? Do you wear a heart rate monitor? As you get lighter you will burn less calories anyway.
    And another thing that is a downside to the very overrated and counter-productive devil called CARDIO is that the better shape you get into your body burns less and less calories. Cardio-vascular activity increases your ability to perform said activity with less stress and strain on the body, it's like a drug(not the good kind) the more you do the more you need to accomplish the same previous result! Build more muscle and you will burn more fat!

And another thing that is a downside to the very overrated and counter-productive devil called CARDIO is that the better shape you get into your body burns less and less calories. Cardio-vascular activity increases your ability to perform said activity with less stress and strain on the body, it's like a drug(not the good kind) the more you do the more you need to accomplish the same previous result! Build more muscle and you will burn more fat!
    Good to know Tbody, I can always increase resistance and go faster and harder, that way i can always keep the body burning at the same rate or close to it, i'll try that on Monday. i'll wait until after the 14 to get my stitches out and then it is on like donkey kong

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I am referencing this thread here form SlimmersMe thread, very interesting reading. Anyone welcome to use

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...8#.TtqZLmA5uoB
    Happy you found this wealth of info from Phate who I hope returns sooner than later....

And CONGRATS on your continued success here. Looking better and better. Keep it up Papi~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

I really can't believe that you're gonna start right back with your bull shit anti-cardio rhetoric again. The OP has seen great success from his diet + cardio program thus far and you're gonna tell him that the best way to burn BF is by adding LBM? Here's a wake up call for you: in order to gain LBM you must eat at a caloric excess and if your diet is dialed in, you can gain mostly lean tissue but you will gain BF as well. In the long term this minimal amount of LBM gained will burn more calories, but the benefits of doing cardio whether gaining or cutting cannot be denied. The absolute best way to lose BF while maintaining muscle mass is by keeping calories relatively high, or as high as possible, while creating a caloric deficit via cardio.

You have read 1 book (yes, I even know which book, The Cardio Free Diet by Jim Karas) that supports your ignorant opinion. That book is complete bull shit and is written for people who are too lazy and don't have the self-discipline or mental fortitude to do cardio on a regular basis. The fact is he is the only one that supports this opinion (except for you). I know people and there are people on this board who have more than 100lbs of LBM more than you at a BF% 15% less than you who do cardio 6 days a week year round. Cardio is not counterproductive as you say. How can increasing your metabolic rate (which allows you to eat more w/o gaining BF), lowering your resting HR, lowering your BP, increasing your insulin sensitivity and nutrient partitioning, and improving your circulation be counterproductive, all while burning excess calories?

Also, keep in mind that this is a steroid forum, so don't even get me started on the benefits of cardio while taking exogenous hormones that have been proven to compromise CV performance as well as cause CV related diseases.

If you don't like to do cardio or are too weak minded to do it on a regular basis or if you actually really do believe that it is counterproductive I could care less. You can do whatever you want, but please don't be spreading this ignorant advise to the people on this forum who are seeing great success from their hard work and cardio.

Papi, I sincerely apologize for using your thread to replay a long-standing difference of opinions, I fully support you continuing your current course of action(if it ain't broke, don't fix it).

Sgt. Hartman, I have read and re-read your post. Other than some stronger than necessary language and overtly personal attacks towards my personage, I appreciate and respect your opinion. I am even willing to fully agree with you. A few notes of consideration contrary to your posted information 1. I personally know people who have substantially more muscle than I do with single digit bodyfat that do even less cardio than I do. 2. I have made what I would consider to be better gains in LBM than most people I have personally known in the gym, without the cardio. I do not consider myself to be ignorant about cardio, though I will even more readily admit I am not an expert on the subject. My haste and over-zealousness is probably stemmed from the "cardio-only" crowd. I have lifted weights consistently for 30 years, with injury breaks throughout, I was not a good person when I consumed alcoholic beverages so I stopped drinking november 2nd 1986 and haven't had even a taste since, so I wouldn't think I lack self discipline. I respect your opinion and most all of your posts, I am hurt by the weak minded reference and don't know (other than our disagreement over this topic) what would earn me this ire in your eyes. Please accept my apologies for presenting my opinion in an incomplete manner or in a way that seemed as if I believed it to be the only viewpoint with any validity.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread Information