Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bill_boy2005 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    Bcaa for sure bill.. Green tea and caffeine ive seen recommended on here as well to mobilize fat cells.. Post fasted cardio u wanna get some protein in ya as soon as u can to prevent catabolism.. I try to eat while im still sweating.. 1egg,5whites and 1/4 c oats..
    Thanks 405. I thought I was close to the right track. Just wanted to be sure.

16.5% @236#. Still moving in the right direction. The next week will be a test. Travelling to see family which makes diet and exercise a little tougher. This will be my peak running though before I taper for Phoenix. Will run a mere 40 miles by weeks end. So weights this week will be arms and chest only.

I believe I am spot on for hitting sub 15% by mid January. It'll soon be time to start another thread to develop a bulk cycle diet. Looking forward to that course of action.

Managed to keep my workouts and diet in check so far. One cheat meal. So I am happy. Time to develop my bulking diet plan and get it posted up for review. Have one more week of cutting and then heavy carbs for 7 days for the marathon in Phoenix. Then bulking begins.

Pre Fat Loss-around 267Diet Help/Evaluation-fatme.jpg

Any estimates on body fat? caliper and resistance checker both show just under 16%Diet Help/Evaluation-me.jpg
    Last edited by Bill_boy2005; 12-29-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: added picture of Fat me.

Guesses anyone? I don't want to kick off this cycle if I am still too fat.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Good work bill.. Ur coming along nicely .. Feels good doesnt it ?

I dont have a bf estimate but personally i would wanna get down to 12% before starting a cycle.. Ive read something interesting by a vet on here where he stated bf Was not a proven contributing factor to neg sides while on cycle but even so id wanna be lean.. For me thats 12%... just my opinion

Will be interested to hear other opinions.. But like i said ur making good progress.. Congrats dude!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    Good work bill.. Ur coming along nicely .. Feels good doesnt it ?

I dont have a bf estimate but personally i would wanna get down to 12% before starting a cycle.. Ive read something interesting by a vet on here where he stated bf Was not a proven contributing factor to neg sides while on cycle but even so id wanna be lean.. For me thats 12%... just my opinion

Will be interested to hear other opinions.. But like i said ur making good progress.. Congrats dude!
    Thanks bro. It certainly does. I am going to see where I end up by mid January. With my diet where its at (cutting now) and with what I have laid out for diet when I am planning to start the cycle I am hoping I am OK at 14-15%ish. If not I will drop off to my TRT dosage and try again a few pounds lighter.

Part of my reason for starting now is both of my lifting buddies are planning to start there as well. It'd be nice to be dieting, cycling, and lifting along side those guys.

And Congrats on your progress as well. You're doing awesome.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Bill that really is great progress, truly.

Bodyfat based on that picture alone I would put about 17-18%, would really need a tensed abs shot and one of the back and legs too to give a closer estimate.

I think you would be much happier with your results too, if you started a cycle about 12%.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Bill that really is great progress, truly.

Bodyfat based on that picture alone I would put about 17-18%, would really need a tensed abs shot and one of the back and legs too to give a closer estimate.

I think you would be much happier with your results too, if you started a cycle about 12%.
    Thanks SteM. I will try to get momma to take some pictures of me tonight, or break out the remote for the DSLR and do it. Cycle timing can wait I suspect, its probably for the best anyhow as I will starting TRT with Dr. Crisler next week, so I will need to allow some time for that to shake out and get my new protocol established before I start blasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_boy2005 View Post
    Thanks SteM. I will try to get momma to take some pictures of me tonight, or break out the remote for the DSLR and do it. Cycle timing can wait I suspect, its probably for the best anyhow as I will starting TRT with Dr. Crisler next week, so I will need to allow some time for that to shake out and get my new protocol established before I start blasting.
    as u prob know bill i have a thread in the HRT forum as well and will be following urs for sure.. im interested to hear how ur treatment goes with crisler as well as what ur impressions of him are.. and like u said.. u need to give that priority over a cycle for sure.. if u do like im planning give urself thru this summer to get bf down and get establishd in new protocol and then come autumn start a lean bulking cycle thats my plan!

Still tardy on getting my pictures up. Been waiting for tomorrow to be over. I figured burning an extra 5300calories in tomorrow's marathon will help me towards my goal of 15% or under. Not checked it in a little over a week. Hoping for a 14.x% when I get home Monday.

Tomorrow at 7:30 the fun begins in Phoenix. Doing the Rock and Roll Marathon again this year.

Ms.Magoo is offline Female Member
    Wow Billboy looks like u have already made some great progress, congrats!!! Keep up the good work and have fun tomorrow at the marathon, sounds like fun!!!!

Thanks. Pretty happy. Ran it in 4:23. A new PR by 32 minutes.

Good job bill! Man 4 1/2 hrs of solid running.. Longest ive ever run is 1hr 45 mins...

Yeah it takes awhile to build up to it. Once your joints and bones are ready its just a matter of diet and getting the miles in.

Well three days post marathon, finally rehydrated and back on diet, I am sitting at 14.6%BF.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_boy2005 View Post
    Well three days post marathon, finally rehydrated and back on diet, I am sitting at 14.6%BF.
    Well done mate. All toe nails still in tact?

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Well done mate. All toe nails still in tact?
    Thanks Stem. Yes they are all there, one small blister on the right side of right pinky toe, so that one saw some movement in the shoe. It may end up coming out. Its usually the one to go first. I have moved to Brooks Glycerin 9 shoes, and am having a lot less issue with the blisters and losing toenails. Nice change from my first marathon,where I lost 4. One during the run.

Now is the difficult week coming back off a high carb diet. I love my pasta, craving it now. Hard time explaining to my belly why we are eating a piece of salmon and broccoli instead of whole wheat spaghetti and pomodoro.

Ouch to losimg one during the run!

I just changed my walking/jogging runners to Brooks Adrenaline's from Asics. Much better. Though I do my sprint training in Saucony's.

What does your carb depletion/load phases look like?

I am liking the Brooks shoes, especially for a heavy runner. Most shoes are good for about 200-225 miles for me before they roll out to gym shoes and short cardio. These are holding up well, I've ran about 750 miles on the two pairs that are in rotation, and just bought a third pair to start working in there for longer runs. The Asics last about 200 for the Nimbus and Kayano's. I like the Saucony shoes, but the cushioning wasnt there for the longer runs. They hold up about 250-275 miles and will last as daily wearers for long time. They are more responsive though and I can see that in my sprints. But I can also feel it when decellerating on sprints, I heel strike like a monster when I pull up.

Honestly I don't do any depletion aside from what occurs from my normal diet listed above, which is low for a runner at 100 grams or so a day. I roll out fat and protein the week before a long run and add my carbs back to stay around 2800 calories. I eat mostly whole wheat spaghetti with the pomodoro from Olive garden if I am around home in Salt Lake City or most other places I run. I acutally spend abotu 5 days loading up, sounds odd I suspect, but since I started eating like that the week before my marathons I have not hit a wall during the run. Which used to occur around 20 miles when I was depleting and then loading the last two days. The only thing I really watch close is my fat intake that week, and I lower my total calories a bit as I dont do much workking out. I still put on a few pounds the last few days, but I know thats water from the carbs. This last week I noticed nearly 1/2" increase on my biceps the night before the run compared to the monday where I started changing my diet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information