Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    no prob .. sorry
    Not a problem brother!

Today, cardio only. Kind of a fvcked up day because I have blood work at 6:30pm and have to start fasting at 10:30am, so I won't get all my meals in, and had to cram alot in the morning:

6:30am - 10g BCAA

6:45am - 7:45am - moderate intensity cardio

8am - Meal 1
    1 scoop Myofusion, 1 scoop ON Pro Complex
    1 cup oats

9am - Meal 2
    8oz grilled tilapia
    2 cups cheerios
    5 fish oil

10am - Meal 3
    8oz grilled chicken breast
    180g sweet potato
    5 fish oil

10:30am - 6:30pm - FAST for bloodwork

After dr. appt (approx 8pm) - Meal 4
    7oz 95/5 lean ground beef
    1/4 cup light shredded cheese
    2 cups broccoli

10pm - Meal 5
    3/4 cup 1% milkfat cottage cheese
    1.5 scoops Myofusion
    2tsp Natty PB

Tomorrow will be back on track with regards to normal diet.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    How did you figure you were 12% bodyfat?

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    How did you figure you were 12% bodyfat?
    Just a visual estimate. At the time of my avy (about 1.5 months ago) I was estimated at around 10%, some even thought lower. Since then, my ab definition has definitely blurred, some vascularity has faded, etc. Sucks, but I need to grow now! Cutting will always be just a diet change away!

Day 3 much better than day 1. Full workout today, felt much stronger. Diet is back in check. Bad news is I fasted yesterday for absolutely NOTHING - the dr office couldn't do my bloodwork because I had a list of criteria I wanted them to test for, and they don't do it there. So, I have to fast AGAIN and go to a lab. FML!!!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    ^^^^^^damn, that sucks!

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Glad you are in turbo mode, post pics and be specific about your workouts as well, please. Also, other than size and strength, what are your specific target areas that you are using as a gauge for progress? IE: Biceps size and max for squats?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Day 3 much better than day 1. Full workout today, felt much stronger. Diet is back in check. Bad news is I fasted yesterday for absolutely NOTHING - the dr office couldn't do my bloodwork because I had a list of criteria I wanted them to test for, and they don't do it there. So, I have to fast AGAIN and go to a lab. FML!!!

Thats retarded. My doc just draws my blood and sends it to the lab who does the actual testing. Dont see why your docs office wouldnt do the same.

Yeah, my wife actually works in the office that is the lab that gets the results and it's crazy cheap. Of course that also means that everyone she works with knows my business, and therefore, since I live in a very small village, everyone in town knows.

Nice avy, dukkit, now where's your thread with your current pics and programs?

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Yeah, my wife actually works in the office that is the lab that gets the results and it's crazy cheap. Of course that also means that everyone she works with knows my business, and therefore, since I live in a very small village, everyone in town knows.

Nice avy, dukkit, now where's your thread with your current pics and programs?
    lol. Not to whore up GB's thread but heres my current program... whiskey, donuts and sex.
    So no pics anytime soon. hahaha
    But thanks for the compliment. That pic was a few weeks ago.

Great program.

And don't worry, GB love's his thread being Ho'd up, he likes having everything he touches be number-one in posts, whether it's his personal post count or his thread's post count! (if you don't believe me just ask him)

Great program.

And don't worry, GB love's his thread being Ho'd up, he likes having everything he touches be number-one in posts, whether it's his personal post count or his thread's post count! (if you don't believe me just ask him)
    hahah I believe ya! Hes a good lil whore. Im so very proud of him.

We all need role models, your His, he's mine, and on and on and on it goes, where it stops nobody knows!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Great program.

not exactly.....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    not exactly.....
    I didn't quite follow this...please explain...and are you topless in your current pic?

^^ guys, can we not reopen this can of worms? The past month has been very difficult for me and my family (there's a lot more to it than just this) and we're trying to move past it. I'd appreciate it, thx all.

Glad you are in turbo mode, post pics and be specific about your workouts as well, please. Also, other than size and strength, what are your specific target areas that you are using as a gauge for progress? IE: Biceps size and max for squats?
    Thanks bro. Overall goal is hyperteophy - just adding on size all over. Specific emphasis is being put on delts and upper back; I'm desperately trying to develop wide shoulders and back with a nice V-taper (something like Dukkit's new avy). That undeniable bodybuilder thick look... traps, etc.

Thats retarded. My doc just draws my blood and sends it to the lab who does the actual testing. Dont see why your docs office wouldnt do the same.
    Yep, sucks for sure!

hahah I believe ya! Hes a good lil whore. Im so very proud of him.
    I learn from the best and try to follow in their footsteps!!

^^ guys, can we not reopen this can of worms? The past month has been very difficult for me and my family (there's a lot more to it than just this) and we're trying to move past it. I'd appreciate it, thx all.
    I didn't know that was the reference. PM me!

You better be doing upright rows the way I explain them so you can get those traps you want and to thicken up that upper area like you want!

I didn't know that was the reference. PM me!

You better be doing upright rows the way I explain them so you can get those traps you want and to thicken up that upper area like you want!
    No worries about upright rows... i'm under Nark's tutelage... pretty sure i'm in good hands lol!

Just a brief update. It's the end of week one, with the exception of cardio tomorrow morning. I consider this week the 'feeler' week... i.e. I need to see what works, what doesn't, etc. with regards to diet and training. Feeling out new weights for rep ranges, etc. I'm ready to rock and roll on Monday!!

Basically this program is a low volume, high frequency high intensity type regimen. For the most part i'll be doing total body workouts 3 days/week, but only 1-2 (working) sets per muscle group. Hopefully in a few weeks i'll start seeing some response!

Your workouts are similar to mine. I love it because I can get in the gym and just get after it! When will ya weigh in?

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    Your workouts are similar to mine. I love it because I can get in the gym and just get after it! When will ya weigh in?
    I do every morning tbh, but I know I shouldn't!!!

I'll probably use the 4 week mark as my true weigh in benchmark. Adjustments will be made at that time if necessary, but I have to imagine i'll be heavier with the amount of food i'm eating right now! Hopefully it's heavier from muscle and not this disgusting fat!

I do the same thing!!! Hahaha

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Just a brief update. It's the end of week one, with the exception of cardio tomorrow morning. I consider this week the 'feeler' week... i.e. I need to see what works, what doesn't, etc. with regards to diet and training. Feeling out new weights for rep ranges, etc. I'm ready to rock and roll on Monday!!

Basically this program is a low volume, high frequency high intensity type regimen. For the most part i'll be doing total body workouts 3 days/week, but only 1-2 (working) sets per muscle group. Hopefully in a few weeks i'll start seeing some response!
    curious about this.. so what 1 warm up and then 1-2 working? and thats enuff to grow? like as heavy as u can go for how many reps?

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Damn I do 4 times the sets you do per muscle, wonder if I may be over killing it? GB great job so far, definitely know you will get the results you are searching for. Keep it up bud!

Anything new and different stimulates response from your body, variable training of any sort with an eye kept on progress and mixing it up will always continue to keep your body guessing and growing. I know that you and Nark know this stuff, GB, more of an open conversation for the rest of us. I absolutely trust and wager 100 - 1 odds that you will accomplish what you set out to do.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    curious about this.. so what 1 warm up and then 1-2 working? and thats enuff to grow? like as heavy as u can go for how many reps?
    Depending on the muscle group, a couple warm up sets, a moderate weight set, and a working set or two. My routine may or may not include drop sets.

Remember - it's only a set or two, but the frequency is high - i'm hitting the same groups 3x a week. Definitely enough to grow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    Damn I do 4 times the sets you do per muscle, wonder if I may be over killing it? GB great job so far, definitely know you will get the results you are searching for. Keep it up bud!
    Not necessarily bro, there are many ways to skin a cat. This is one style of training. You are likely working your groups 1x or maybe even twice a week. Your volume is much higher, but frequency is lower. There are 3 major players in training:

1) Frequency
    2) Volume
    3) Intensity

All 3 cannot be high (or low) at the same time, particularly with frequency and volume. If you are doing high volume (alot of sets), you are going to damage the muscle quite a bit and it would be impossible to also do high frequency (hit it multiple times/week) without overtraining. Conversely, you cannot train low volume and low frequency, or the muscle won't get enough stimulus.

Intensity being the 3rd major factor - well, it should always be high IMO, but it's MUCH more important to work with extreme intensity when doing low volume as you really only get 1 shot (per session) to make that muscle grow.

Make sense now?

Damn, this would be a GREAT topic for my 'Ask GB Anything' thread!

Anything new and different stimulates response from your body, variable training of any sort with an eye kept on progress and mixing it up will always continue to keep your body guessing and growing. I know that you and Nark know this stuff, GB, more of an open conversation for the rest of us. I absolutely trust and wager 100 - 1 odds that you will accomplish what you set out to do.
    Thanks bro. In this case, I concede 100% to Nark. I don't tweak or change his routines (at least not without discussing with him first) and I only question him at times for my own continued knowledge and education. He is light years ahead of me with regards to nutrition and training.

I wanted to post up the diet i'm working on for next week. It needs some fine tuning (e.g. the PB will very likely come out of meal 6), but for the most part this is it - on training days.

Target: 3420 kcal. 270g protein, 450g carbs, 60g fat

Meal 1: 4:45am (preworkout)
    1/2 scoop ON Pro Complex - 15/1.3/.3/67.5
    1/2 scoop ON Casein - 12/1.5/.5/60
    1/2 cup 1% milkfat no salt added cottage cheese - 14/4/1.5/80
    1 cup oats - 10/52/5/280
    120g banana - 1.3/15/.4/60

Total: 52/74/8/547.5

Meal 2: 8am (post workout)
    1 scoop myofusion - 25/5/3/158
    .75 scoop ON Casein - 18/2.3/.8/90
    1 cup oats - 10/52/5/280
    1 weetabix - 2/14/.5/60

Total: 55/73/9/588

Meal 3: 11:00am
    8oz (raw) tilapia fillet - 42/0/2/186
    1/2 tsp EVOO - 0/0/2.4/20.4
    2 cups (cooked) brown rice - 8/66/2/300
    4 fish oil - 0/0/4/40

Total: 50/66/10/546

Meal 4: 3pm
    8oz (raw) boneless skinless chicken breast -
    180g sweet potato - 3.6/36.9/0/162
    2 weetabix - 4/28/1/120
    4 fish oil - 0/0/4/40

Total: 56/65/8/562

Meal 5: 6:30pm
    7oz (raw) 95/5 lean ground beef - 42/0/8/262.5
    3oz (dry) whole wheat pasta - 10.5/61.5/3/270
    1/2 cup pasta sauce - 2/14/3/90

Total: 55/76/14/623

Meal 6: 9:30pm
    1tbsp natty PB - 4/3/8/105
    1/2 cup oats - 5/26/2.5/140
    1 cup cheerois - 3/20/2/100

Total: 51/58/17/583

Daily Totals: 319/412/68/3451

Funny, I was getting blasted just 6 short months ago when I was preaching the "high intensity" approach, a total body workout three times a week... Granted, GB, not by you, but by some very knowledgable members. Anyway, I am a fan of you being on something that peaks and then keeps your interest.

I vaguely remember that TB... but I don't remember whether your workouts were very low volume as well? Maybe that was the issue? Just playing devils advocate here...

Bill_boy2005 is offline Associate Member
    I wanted to post up the diet i'm working on for next week. It needs some fine tuning (e.g. the PB will very likely come out of meal 6), but for the most part this is it - on training days.

Target: 3420 kcal. 270g protein, 450g carbs, 60g fat

Meal 1: 4:45am (preworkout)
    1/2 scoop ON Pro Complex - 15/1.3/.3/67.5
    1/2 scoop ON Casein - 12/1.5/.5/60
    1 cup oats - 10/52/5/280
    120g banana - 1.3/15/.4/60

Total: 52/74/8/547.5

Meal 2: 8am (post workout)
    .75 scoop ON Casein - 18/2.3/.8/90
    1 cup oats - 10/52/5/280
    1 weetabix - 2/14/.5/60

Total: 55/73/9/588

Meal 3: 11:00am
    8oz (raw) tilapia fillet - 42/0/2/186
    1/2 tsp EVOO - 0/0/2.4/20.4
    2 cups (cooked) brown rice - 8/66/2/300
    4 fish oil - 0/0/4/40

Total: 50/66/10/546

Meal 4: 3pm
    8oz (raw) boneless skinless chicken breast -
    180g sweet potato - 3.6/36.9/0/162
    2 weetabix - 4/28/1/120
    4 fish oil - 0/0/4/40

Total: 56/65/8/562

Meal 5: 6:30pm
    7oz (raw) 95/5 lean ground beef - 42/0/8/262.5
    3oz (dry) whole wheat pasta - 10.5/61.5/3/270
    1/2 cup pasta sauce - 2/14/3/90

Total: 55/76/14/623

Meal 6: 9:30pm
    1tbsp natty PB - 4/3/8/105
    1/2 cup oats - 5/26/2.5/140
    1 cup cheerois - 3/20/2/100

Total: 51/58/17/583

Daily Totals: 319/412/68/3451
    Interesting thread, will be following for sure. I am curious about the amount of casein proteins in your early day meals? What is the reasoning for slow digesting proteins early in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_boy2005 View Post
    Interesting thread, will be following for sure. I am curious about the amount of casein proteins in your early day meals? What is the reasoning for slow digesting proteins early in the day?
    Thanks man. Re: casein - I always use protein blends. The ON Pro Complex I use along with the casein contains whey iso, whey peptides, etc. I add the casein to extend digestion time since it's part of a full blown meal.

I vaguely remember that TB... but I don't remember whether your workouts were very low volume as well? Maybe that was the issue? Just playing devils advocate here...
    Sure, take FG's side. I knew you would!

lol I actually forgot who you were going at it with... u just blew your own whistle!!

Speaking of FG, I haven't seen him on here in forever...

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    this thread is so full of secrets. new custom title for gb is "AR's Riddler"

anyways i weigh in on sunday morning gb. i find it really helps me with being good on saturday. i guess your not cutting so it might not work the same but for a cut i know if i be stupid on saturday ill pay for it sunday morning. not that everyday crap your doing lol

and i like your thoughts on your choice of protein and its reason. my first meal at work i can not openly eat so i use casein and hide in the corner

Bill_boy2005 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

Thanks man. Re: casein - I always use protein blends. The ON Pro Complex I use along with the casein contains whey iso, whey peptides, etc. I add the casein to extend digestion time since it's part of a full blown meal.
    Thank you. Might look at doing the same on meals where I have to eat a shake instead of my normal protein sources.

lol SB, I'll pm u bro!

Today's official weigh in (starting weight): 186lbs. Up is the only place to go from here guys, I'm gonna crush it!!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    ^^^ getting it going dude! cheering u on!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    ^^ He will do it that is for sure~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Get it on G, 200 here you come !!!

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information