Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    isnt a keto diet 70%fat 30%protein? i see all these guys talkn bout eatn sausage and bacon and cheese and ribeyes.. while it sounds wonderful it doesnt sound healthy..

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I tried a cyclical keto, a version with mostly healthy but some inevitable saturated fats. I quit it when I saw what it did to the plumbing of my dishwasher!

nice...better the plumbing of ur dishwasher than ur plumbing..

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    isnt a keto diet 70%fat 30%protein? i see all these guys talkn bout eatn sausage and bacon and cheese and ribeyes.. while it sounds wonderful it doesnt sound healthy..
    Keto diets come in many shapes and sizes. 70/30 is one, but there's also 30/70 and everything in-between. As far as food choices go, while keto diets don't technically have to be clean, I would never run one that way again (yes I have in the past and enjoyed the shit outta bacon every day!) - I'd opt for a clean high protein - moderate fat approach.

nice...better the plumbing of ur dishwasher than ur plumbing..

Saturday morning weigh in... broke the 200lb mark today guys, sitting at 200.5lbs empty, am.

I have at least 2 weeks to continue on this plan before cutting; technically, I could extend it to 4 weeks and I may just do that. I am still pushing for 205lbs, 210lbs would be awesome but that's unrealistic at this point.

Wish me luck!!! When all is said and done, 190lbs @ 10% would be awesome, but probably won't get there, this time.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nice work GB! So....4.5lbs in 2 more weeks huh? Have you been averaging gains of 2.25lbs a week?

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Saturday morning weigh in... broke the 200lb mark today guys, sitting at 200.5lbs empty, am.
    I have at least 2 weeks to continue on this plan before cutting; technically, I could extend it to 4 weeks and I may just do that. I am still pushing for 205lbs, 210lbs would be awesome but that's unrealistic at this point.

Wish me luck!!! When all is said and done, 190lbs @ 10% would be awesome, but probably won't get there, this time.

That's awsome GB!!!! Great job. And good luck with your goal! I'm sure you can do it.

hex
    hex is offline Associate Member

awesome work brother! hit it hard hit it often and youll get there just do the 4 weeks.... become the nutritional guru beast!!

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    What's your body fat at 200 lbs m8?

What's your long term goals....

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    Nice work GB! So....4.5lbs in 2 more weeks huh? Have you been averaging gains of 2.25lbs a week?
    I haven't been tracking averages tbh... just doing my best to stay focused on training and hitting my macros. It is what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    That's awsome GB!!!! Great job. And good luck with your goal! I'm sure you can do it.
    Thanks BG, appreciate your support!

Quote Originally Posted by hex View Post
    awesome work brother! hit it hard hit it often and youll get there just do the 4 weeks.... become the nutritional guru beast!!
    Thanks man, i'm trying lol!

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    What's your body fat at 200 lbs m8?

What's your long term goals....
    I'd guesstimate around 15%. My bodyfat is hard to judge because I hold it so oddly; Even at ~10% I had love handles and lower belly fat/flab, but I was ripped enough everywhere else to be showing vascularity in my traps, chest, delts, etc without flexing. Fvcking sucks!

At this point, long term goal would be 200lbs + at 10% or lower. Really, i'm just trying to achieve a bodybuilder's physique. Not looking to be HUGE, just looking to have decent size and that symmetry I lack all over.

GB i know ull get there bro shoot u lookd great after ur last cut.. Have u ever dun a bulking cycle? Like a lean bulk where diet is perfect the entire time? Tats wat id be shootn for.. And plan to do myself..

Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Keep it coming brother!!!! Keep pushing

GB i know ull get there bro shoot u lookd great after ur last cut..
    Thanks bro! Hoping to look even better this time around!

Have u ever dun a bulking cycle? Like a lean bulk where diet is perfect the entire time?
    Nope! Hopefully next time i'll be able to. This was a bad time... new baby, a lot of personal things to work through with my wife, etc. Like I mentioned before, it's almost a miracle that i've been able to keep up any level of training. A lot of people would have abandoned the whole thing through this mess of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabody View Post
    Keep it coming brother!!!! Keep pushing
    Woah, look who the cat dragged in!!! Glad to see you brother, how are you? Ready for dem' Yanks?!?!
    Last edited by gbrice75; 03-05-2012 at 11:21 AM.

I'm always good and great to see your still pushing on. I just needed a small break but I'm back. And hell yea I'm ready for the Yankees. How has life been treating you, I still tryin to catch up on so many threads lol

I'm always good and great to see your still pushing on. I just needed a small break but I'm back. And hell yea I'm ready for the Yankees. How has life been treating you, I still tryin to catch up on so many threads lol
    You're gonna be here a long time!!!

I'm good... my son was born 5 months ago!

So what's the next step for you.... going to compete again right?

I can use a little workout/technique advice if possible guys... re: having a dominant chest vs. delts. I don't want to double post so please see link:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...14#post5927014

joebailey1271 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    front raises with toal control, and laying side laterals, i also seen this guy who has huge delts lean to his left while holding a fixed bar with his right hand so he doesnt tip over and do side laterals with his left, he said it takes away any cheat, then repeat on the other side

Thx JB.

How is your son doing, I do remember when he was born you were still on your cycle. How is fatherhood? I ran a 12 week cycle of 500mg of test e and 4 weeks on dbol 40mg daily. I went from 206lb to 240lb. I am currently cutting down by doing cardio 5x weekly. My show is oct/nov this year so I plan on runnin one more cycle june-ish. I'm still reading all these threads lol but about time the Yanks got rid of AJ Brunett

Isolation movements are your best friend also supersets. My delt plan for you would be:

Behind the back cable laterals 4 sets 8-12reps
    Barbell front laterals 3 sets 7-12 reps
    Reverse pec deck 4 sets 8-13 reps (use reverse grip, thumbs down every other set)
    Cable face pull 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Wide grip barbell upright rows (a very wide grip) 3 sets 8-12reps
    Seated dumbbell laterals FST-7 7 sets 7 reps (30sec to 60sec breaks between sets)

How is your son doing, I do remember when he was born you were still on your cycle. How is fatherhood? I ran a 12 week cycle of 500mg of test e and 4 weeks on dbol 40mg daily. I went from 206lb to 240lb. I am currently cutting down by doing cardio 5x weekly. My show is oct/nov this year so I plan on runnin one more cycle june-ish. I'm still reading all these threads lol but about time the Yanks got rid of AJ Brunett
    Loving fatherhood bro... it's the greatest thing ever! 240lbs... BEAST!!! I'm sitting at 205lbs currently... but a fat 205

I'm thrilled they got rid of Burnett.... he was a bum... I can't stand hot/cold pitchers. I'll take somebody consistently 'decent/average' any day over that crap.

Isolation movements are your best friend also supersets. My delt plan for you would be:

Behind the back cable laterals 4 sets 8-12reps
    Barbell front laterals 3 sets 7-12 reps
    Reverse pec deck 4 sets 8-13 reps (use reverse grip, thumbs down every other set)
    Cable face pull 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Wide grip barbell upright rows (a very wide grip) 3 sets 8-12reps
    Seated dumbbell laterals FST-7 7 sets 7 reps (30sec to 60sec breaks between sets)
    Seems like a lot of work for such a small group, and no 'meat and potatoes' press type lift... however I will be incorporating some of this no doubt. Thx B!!

These excercises will hit every head of the delt and shock the muscles to grow. Instead of compound movements your hitting all three heads individually. Although it might seem like alot it will get the job done. Good luck mate

^^ gotcha. Many ways to skin a cat! :P

On another note... winding down this 'bulk', feeling very fat... looking forward to shedding this blubber and HOPING I'm left with a little more muscle. Time will tell!

As of Saturday morning, i'm sitting at 203lbs empty and dry. 1 week left on this 'bulk', and I'm on track to hit 205... only 5lbs less than my originally projected weight. Not bad.

Stay tuned, because I will be starting a NEW cutting thread... 12 weeks to get back to 10%. I should easily be able to do it. I intend to get my shit back on track and symbolically close this recent dark chapter of my life with the end of this bulk. As such, I will be back on point, and trying to keep my new log updated daily with my diet plan and training regimen.

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    GB looking forward to your new cut log should be very informative.

^^ Thanks! Moreover, I hope it'll be productive!

^^ i like how u put it closing the Dark chapter with the end of ur bulk.. Make sure u do that man the cut can be the clean slate! Im really looking forward to following along and seeing wat and how u do things.. I hope to do some learning will be interested to see wat numbers u run and with wat LBM.. R u gonna get ur bf chekd?

^^ i like how u put it closing the Dark chapter with the end of ur bulk.. Make sure u do that man the cut can be the clean slate! Im really looking forward to following along and seeing wat and how u do things.. I hope to do some learning will be interested to see wat numbers u run and with wat LBM.. R u gonna get ur bf chekd?
    Thanks man, I appreciate your support!!

Nah, i'll go by visual estimate. Unless done professionaly and 7-9 points, calipers aren't accurate enough most of the time IMO, and I can get pretty close visually anyway. Plus, i'm so uninterested in numbers at this point... it's all about the look for me.

Looking forward to seeing this Cut m8... Any ideas on how you will transition to the cut.... (Personally I would flick the switch overnight and put in a few cardio sessions a day and drop the cals by 500..... You gonna IF???)

Currently cutting myself for summer, hitting it harder than ever, I wanna get sub 10%.... 7 or 8 would be great tho but I have never been anywhere neat so IDK...
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Looking forward to seeing this Cut m8... Any ideas on how you will transition to the cut.... (Personally I would flick the switch overnight and put in a few cardio sessions a day and drop the cals by 500..... You gonna IF???)

Currently cutting myself for summer, hitting it harder than ever, I wanna get sub 10%.... 7 or 8 would be great tho but I have never been anywhere neat so IDK...
    I'm definitely gonna flick the switch. In fact, I think it's beneficial when cutting, to completely shock your body and drastically reduce calories (from a bulk that is). I wouldn't do the same the other way around, going from a cut to bulk however.

I won't be IF'ing to reach my goal - just a straight up 12 week carb cycle based regimen. Lots of cardio, lowering the weights and upping the reps, shortening rest between sets, etc. Once I reach my goal, I will most likely start IF'ing again to maintain throughout the summer and/or shred further... or try to add lean mass... it all depends on my condition around July 1.

Looking forward to shedding the bodyfat and HOPEFULLY revealing some new gains.

PS - love your new avy, I hope they catch that cocksvcker.

I'm definitely gonna flick the switch. In fact, I think it's beneficial when cutting, to completely shock your body and drastically reduce calories (from a bulk that is). I wouldn't do the same the other way around, going from a cut to bulk however.

I won't be IF'ing to reach my goal - just a straight up 12 week carb cycle based regimen. Lots of cardio, lowering the weights and upping the reps Why? Personally I wouldnt.. But hey, you know what worked last time for ya., shortening rest between sets, etc. Once I reach my goal, I will most likely start IF'ing again to maintain throughout the summer and/or shred further... or try to add lean mass... it all depends on my condition around July 1.

Looking forward to shedding the bodyfat and HOPEFULLY revealing some new gains. Me too, I can wait to get lean and then ramp some heavy dosages and see what happens to my body

PS - love your new avy, I hope they catch that cocksvcker. I know yeah.... Being from the UK I dont have much influence, at least with the Avi on here people may say ''Who is knoy?"
    ^^^

Looking forward to seeing you cut, hopefully I can track my progress against yours as well
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    up to 203lbs, man you are getting up there. do you plan to do your cut like you did last time? you still working with nark? how is little matt's kidneys doing? can't wait to see ya rip up the upcoming cut, the last one was really motivating

BrownGirl is offline Female Member

I won't be IF'ing to reach my goal - just a straight up 12 week carb cycle based regimen. Lots of cardio, lowering the weights and upping the reps, shortening rest between sets, etc. Once I reach my goal, I will most likely start IF'ing again to maintain throughout the summer and/or shred further... or try to add lean mass... it all depends on my condition around July 1.

Looking forward to shedding the bodyfat and HOPEFULLY revealing some new gains.

PS - love your new avy, I hope they catch that cocksvcker.

Good luck GB!!! Keep up your awesome work!

^^^

Looking forward to seeing you cut, hopefully I can track my progress against yours as well
    As you already stated, i'm sticking with what I had great sucess with in the past. I haven't perfected IFing yet, but I came damn close to perfecting my last carb cycle routine for fat loss. Once I'm there again, i'll have the leeway to experiment a bit more with IF.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    up to 203lbs, man you are getting up there. do you plan to do your cut like you did last time? you still working with nark? how is little matt's kidneys doing? can't wait to see ya rip up the upcoming cut, the last one was really motivating
    I'm basically going to do exactly what I did last time, but with some adjusted macros. I am starting with more LBM than last time, and a bit more fat as well. I won't be working with Nark during this cut. I plan to do more with him down the road however.

Thanks for your support bro... i'm hoping that seeing my abs again will fuel self-motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    Good luck GB!!! Keep up your awesome work!
    Thank you BG!!! Watching you and Slf as well!

Bumping this to update later. Still deciding whether I'll be able to commit to daily updates on a cutting log or not. In the meantime, my cut did start and i'm in just under 2 weeks. Last weigh in was Saturday morning at 196lbs, down quite a bit (mostly water). Tomorrow morning is the next one!

Mate, don't worry about daily updates, just weekly updates would be pretty cool. No pressure then!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

^^ thanks Stem. The thing is when i'm on a roll, I enjoy logging daily workouts to stay motivated. If I were to update weekly with anything other than weight, it would be daunting to input all that data.

Either way though, for now, I will update as often as possible. Btw, I'm STARVING!!!

Ha ha, welcome back to cutting! You know you'll kinda get used to it!

Hopefully you'll do what you can. I plan on listing my workouts at the start of my log and leave that at that. I will chip into it every now and again with updates and feelings etc. but that's me. You're you! You'll work it out mate.

Oh, one more thing GOOD LUCK!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Glad to see ur gonna post about ur cut GB.. Hopefully ull Haveenuff time to put some stuff in that may prove useful to the rest of us!

And welcome back to cutting! Isnt it great?

Haha thanks guys. Actually, cutting is like nothing to me. I've spent so much time doing it, it's like second nature. I don't even have to think much about it. I find it much easier than trying to add mass. Train, stay disciplined on my diet, and it takes care of itself.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information