Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Saturday, 3/31/12:

2 weeks into the cut, down to 195lbs, 1lb net loss from last week. I'm happy with that. Slow and steady tells me i'm right on target and not sacrificing muscle. 10 weeks to go!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75
    Haha thanks guys. Actually, cutting is like nothing to me. I've spent so much time doing it, it's like second nature. I don't even have to think much about it. I find it much easier than trying to add mass. Train, stay disciplined on my diet, and it takes care of itself.
    Agreed, cutting is kinda easy. To a point. I reckon to get below 8% would be fairly torturous though!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Agreed, cutting is kinda easy. To a point. I reckon to get below 8% would be fairly torturous though!
    Agreed, and I hope to find out this time!!

mperk is offline Member
    hey bud;

looks like you are on track - nice to see!

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Nice job GB!!!

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Saturday, 3/31/12:

2 weeks into the cut, down to 195lbs, 1lb net loss from last week. I'm happy with that. Slow and steady tells me i'm right on target and not sacrificing muscle. 10 weeks to go!
    GB im coming along with you for the ride these next 10 weeks

I have been eating too much good food recently at the weekends and NEED to pack it in if i want to come in sharp for summer...

Inspire me bro...
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Quote Originally Posted by mperk View Post
    hey bud;

looks like you are on track - nice to see!
    Thanks brother!

Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    Nice job GB!!!
    Thanks BG!! Although I haven't commented recently, I have stopped by your thread and saw the most recent pics Slfmade posted, you are doing great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    GB im coming along with you for the ride these next 10 weeks

I have been eating too much good food recently at the weekends and NEED to pack it in if i want to come in sharp for summer...

Inspire me bro...
    Definitely bro, let's do this shit together! There's still plenty of time left to get it straightened out. What is your training split going to look like?

Mon - Legs (not wiping them out, maybe a little more volume, almost acting as a kind of depletion workout rather than a heavy ass workout LOL since i cant do my cardio after killer leg session)

Tue - Chest, Biceps

Thu - Back Traps

Fri - Delts and Triceps

Cardio is 5 x 45 mins Mon - Friday (AM fasted) and 3 x 45 mins PWO.... All LIC for now, I use the Stepmill when I can which is most of the time, if not i do elliptical)

Im IF'ing and generally extending the CARB fast beyond my workout and consuming carbs only PWO.... I break my fast with a protein and fat meal and then have another before I workout.... My thinking is obvious and Im sure it has already clicked im your head but for anyone else who is unsure... I am extending the CARB fast to try and keep insulin lower for an even longer period (protein will raise insulin anyway but nothing like carbs)...

Food sources are Chicken, Tuna, broccoli, Brown Rice, baked potatoes, fish caps, protein blend, oats, cottage cheese.... I will TRY and only have one cheat meal per week from here on out but i find weekends hard... Once my GF comes over I feel the need to feed here and cook her food LOL (shes got it so good LOL)

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Thanks brother!

Thanks BG!! Although I haven't commented recently, I have stopped by your thread and saw the most recent pics Slfmade posted, you are doing great!!!

Definitely bro, let's do this shit together! There's still plenty of time left to get it straightened out. What is your training split going to look like?
    Thank you! Your input is always appreciated!

Good luck man, I'll be following this and feeling your cutting pain and hunger myself for the next several weeks as well.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    look forward to seeing you do this again. no doubts that you will make it happen.

Mon - Legs (not wiping them out, maybe a little more volume, almost acting as a kind of depletion workout rather than a heavy ass workout LOL since i cant do my cardio after killer leg session)

Tue - Chest, Biceps

Thu - Back Traps

Fri - Delts and Triceps

Cardio is 5 x 45 mins Mon - Friday (AM fasted) and 3 x 45 mins PWO.... All LIC for now, I use the Stepmill when I can which is most of the time, if not i do elliptical)

Im IF'ing and generally extending the CARB fast beyond my workout and consuming carbs only PWO.... I break my fast with a protein and fat meal and then have another before I workout.... My thinking is obvious and Im sure it has already clicked im your head but for anyone else who is unsure... I am extending the CARB fast to try and keep insulin lower for an even longer period (protein will raise insulin anyway but nothing like carbs)...

Food sources are Chicken, Tuna, broccoli, Brown Rice, baked potatoes, fish caps, protein blend, oats, cottage cheese.... I will TRY and only have one cheat meal per week from here on out but i find weekends hard... Once my GF comes over I feel the need to feed here and cook her food LOL (shes got it so good LOL)
    Sounds like a good plan, as is always the case with you Base. Now you just need to find that same discipline you showed during your massive cut a year or two ago. You proved that you can do great things when the dedication is there.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    Thank you! Your input is always appreciated!
    Noted!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Good luck man, I'll be following this and feeling your cutting pain and hunger myself for the next several weeks as well.
    Glad to hear it, no offense, lol! But, the more the merrier!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    look forward to seeing you do this again. no doubts that you will make it happen.
    I appreciate that buddy, you've been there with me through nearly the entire journey!!

Today was a tough workout:

Back/Bi's/Traps

Warmed up with seated lateral raises (focused on squeezing traps), 2x15

5 sets of chins, between the 8-12 range

5 sets of dumbbell rows, palms up, 12 reps

4 sets of dumbbell preacher curls (done on incline bench)

4 sets of dumbbell shrugs

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    hey GB, how was your strength during your bulk? up and down or a steady rise?

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    hey GB, how was your strength during your bulk? up and down or a steady rise?
    Fairly steady rise, although I skew my own results somewhat because I'll reduce weight and change other things. Example:

Let's say I bench 245lbs for 10 reps. The following week I bench 255lbs for 10 reps. Instead of adding more weight the following week, i'll stay with 255lbs or even go back to 245lbs and concentrate on form, or ROM, stretches, pauses, or shorter rest periods between sets, etc.

I find the notion that 'if you're not increasing strength on a weekly basis, you're not making progress' to be preposterous. Most guys with great physiques (note I said great physiques, not necessarily 'big' guys, which usually means fat but they look 'big' in clothes) aren't putting up what many would consider impressive numbers. There are many other variables on a lift to play with besides strength and numbers.

Fairly steady rise, although I skew my own results somewhat because I'll reduce weight and change other things. Example:

Let's say I bench 245lbs for 10 reps. The following week I bench 255lbs for 10 reps. Instead of adding more weight the following week, i'll stay with 255lbs or even go back to 245lbs and concentrate on form, or ROM, stretches, pauses, or shorter rest periods between sets, etc.

I find the notion that 'if you're not increasing strength on a weekly basis, you're not making progress' to be preposterous. Most guys with great physiques (note I said great physiques, not necessarily 'big' guys, which usually means fat but they look 'big' in clothes) aren't putting up what many would consider impressive numbers. There are many other variables on a lift to play with besides strength and numbers.
    Good point

Although weight progression is a good indicator of LBM increases (if all other things are in place as they should be), it is not he be all or end all....

I believe that LBM gains come with increased intensity/workload over time..... Weight, number of sets, rest period, rep tempo etc....

Good point

Although weight progression is a good indicator of LBM increases (if all other things are in place as they should be), it is not he be all or end all....

I believe that LBM gains come with increased intensity/workload over time..... Weight, number of sets, rest period, rep tempo etc....
    Agreed, i'm just saying it's not the only indicator. I'm also saying the opposite: that lack of weight progression is not a good indicator lack of LBM increases.

All of the other items you mentioned above are what i'm talking about. I would agree however that if somebody were to do the exact same routine for months and months (with none of the above variables changing either) and no strength progress was made, it would be fairly safe to say LBM is not progressing either.

Just a quick update. Down to 191lbs as of this morning. No apparent strength loss other than POSSIBLY with my squats (front, regular) - BUT that could also be just me being a pvssy.

Down 5lbs in last 2 weeks Confident it's all fat? Getting calipered at all?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    ^^^ didn't realize who technical this can be.......

GB - enjoy the cutting!

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Down 5lbs in last 2 weeks Confident it's all fat? Getting calipered at all?
    No caliper readings. I'm too fat right now to bother. I get more interested in caliper readings when i'm visually ~ 12%. To answer your other question... based on visual estimation, i'm not sure ANY of it was fat, lol! I have had no loss in strength however which is always a good indication things are going ok. I think I lost a lot of water really... because I still look like crap!

That's the spirit, positive thinking
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

--->>405<<--- is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Lol...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread Information