Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First6 is offline Member

First6 - Can I Come Back?

*Mods. Move this if you must but before you do... I posted it here in nutrition because this section is my "home" it is the only place anyone around here knows me. The thread will be meaninless anywhere else. I humbly ask you to consider leaving it here.
    That being said...

Been gone a long time. I'm sorry for that. I could give you all kinds of excuses but the bottom line is that I fell short. I let myself go for a while and was embarrased to be "seen". While I was gone I experimented with lot's of different diet and nutrition regimens and some where okay and some really messed me up. After the dissapointment of that I just stoped really trying for a while.

Hopefully I didn't fall to far from memory.
    It's really time for me to come back. (in more than one sense of the words) I am looking forward to posting progress in this thread and mixing it up with my old friends and making some new ones to.
    Very happy to see most of you guys are still here. Will talk to you soon.

Currently:
    170lbs
    16%bf (man that # is a tough pill to swallow)
    Muscle is way down from a year ago. Or at least hiding real well under all the fat.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    First, you are absolutely welcome here(at least by me, and since I recently returned after a brief absence myself I'm sure I have a certain idea of how you'll be welcomed back by the wonderful crew here) Let's get those pics posted, along with your proposed diet and exercise program and let us help you like only we can!

Seriously glad to see you, welcome back and Merry Christmas.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    First6 welcome back man.. Dont know where u were when u left but 16% bf isnt a bad place to be starting back from Like tbody said curious to see ur diet and wkout plan ...

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Wow, an OG!!!

Welcome back brother, you always have a home here. Don't worry about your thread, it won't be touched. Now, enjoy this holiday and then let's get to work!!!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome back~

Jumping back on the horse is the name of the game.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    First, you are absolutely welcome here(at least by me, and since I recently returned after a brief absence myself I'm sure I have a certain idea of how you'll be welcomed back by the wonderful crew here) Let's get those pics posted, along with your proposed diet and exercise program and let us help you like only we can!

Seriously glad to see you, welcome back and Merry Christmas.
    Thanks T Hmmm I wonder if I can post pics. If you remember when I fell of the face of the earth i was not able to post pics. never got that worked out. Will have to try it in the upcoming days.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    First6 welcome back man.. Dont know where u were when u left but 16% bf isnt a bad place to be starting back from Like tbody said curious to see ur diet and wkout plan ...
    Thanks 405. Not sure we have "met" but looking forward to getting to know you. yeah 16 is not extreme but i worked REAL hard to get to 11 so 16 just pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Wow, an OG!!!

Welcome back brother, you always have a home here. Don't worry about your thread, it won't be touched. Now, enjoy this holiday and then let's get to work!!!
    Ahh my brother. Good to see you. Judging by your avatar you have completely stopped working out. Ha! you look great Bro. No joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Welcome back~

Jumping back on the horse is the name of the game.
    Thanks Slimmer. Wow you have not been slacking on the posts thats for sure! your gonna be giving gb a run here soon. Nicely played. Thanks for the encouragement.

First6 is offline Member
    I know your anxious to see diet and workout but It's still in development. Not slacking in the meantime though. I am sore everywhere and eating around 1900 right now.
    I will post up the final plan when it is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    Thanks T Hmmm I wonder if I can post pics. If you remember when I fell of the face of the earth i was not able to post pics. never got that worked out. Will have to try it in the upcoming days.

Thanks 405. Not sure we have "met" but looking forward to getting to know you. yeah 16 is not extreme but i worked REAL hard to get to 11 so 16 just pisses me off.

Ahh my brother. Good to see you. Judging by your avatar you have completely stopped working out. Ha! you look great Bro. No joke.

Thanks Slimmer. Wow you have not been slacking on the posts thats for sure! your gonna be giving gb a run here soon. Nicely played. Thanks for the encouragement.
    thats funny .. i know what u mean about getting pissed off.. just out of curiosity..when u got to 11% where did u start from? im trying to get sub 12 and startd at 22...

First6 is offline Member
    Started around 32 and found the forum when I was about 18 or so. (if memory serves at the moment)
    Yeah I saw your goal and pics in your thread. You are doing great. You will def hit your goal. Just keep going. Let me know if I can help at all. MORE than glad to pass on any knowledge I have gained (mostly from right here of course)

wow 32 to 11 .. man thats great! getn back there from 16 ought not to be too hard for u then .. since u know how and have dun it before... im prob as close to the lowest ive ever been rite now.. been waiting for a plateau for a few weeks..so far none has come..hope that stays the same.. thx for offering ur assistance will def take u up on ti if necessary.. this is a great board no doubt!

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it! Looking forward to seeing what you got... and hopefully motivating your arse to get back into shape, and take it even further this time around!

Ditto ^^^

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Well like everyone else a big welcome to you sir!! We havent met because i am farely new tothis game and forum but getting down from that 16 should be no problem for you.

Enjoy the holidays and aim to have the diet ready for the beginning of January so you can start the year strong!

Hey 6, let me design your workout!!!!

First6 is offline Member
    Ahhhh 16 days of vacation in Ft Laud. Almost didn't come back! lol
    Okay so I guess it is time to do get to it!

Diet:
    I am going to go back and copy a diet that I used a year ago. It was very successful for me. (and It was stuff i didn't mind eating lol) The only difference is I am going to adjust all the macros up ever so slightly. I am going to aim for 2300 cals. The reason is...(and your going to wonder who I am and what I did with First6).....ready.... wait for it.... I'm not going to cut. Yup you heard me right. Not cutting. Not now. In the past I have always been all about cutting. I need a change. I want to focus on adding muscle. I have never done that and it's what I want to do. I just want to try.
    With that in mind - The below is the diet I am moding to 2300 cal.
    Diet : (pro/carb/fat/cals)

Morning meal:
    6oz chicken breast
    .25 cup dark red kidney beans
    1 cooked cup brown rice
    41.2/39.8/5.1/356.8

Morning snack: recipe for 1 Tuna Patty
    1 can of tuna
    1 egg white
    .25 cup oats
    28.5/13.7/3.6/192

Lunch:
    4oz chicken breast
    .25 cup dark red kidney beans
    1 cooked cup brown rice
    2 cups green veggies
    31.7/49.8/3.9/361.8

Afternoon snack: recipe for 1 Tuna Patty:
    1 can of tuna
    1 egg white
    .25 cup oats
    28.5/13.7/3.6/192

PRE WO:
    1 scoop whey
    .25 cup oats
    2 cups green veggies
    30.5/26.5/3.5/250

PWO: (Note – this will be approx 2.5-3 hrs before bed)
    1 scoop whey
    4oz chicken breast
    .5 cup oats
    54/30/7.5/375

Before bed:
    1 scoop ON Casein
    1tbsp natty pb
    29/8/6.5/204.5

All day I sip from a 50oz water bottle with 4 servings of benefiber:
    0/16/0/60

Exact Totals:
    Pro-243.3/Car-197.7/Fat-33.6/Cal-1992
    P47.1%/C38.26%/F14.65%

Hey 6, let me design your workout!!!!
    Hmmm. We could try that. The only thing is I have something in mind that I want/need to stick with. My schedule is very tight with all the things I have going on. I want to design 1 hour workouts. This means killing 1 body part per workout. That said... I want to hit each body part more than 1 time per week. I want 2 times a week on each part. As soon as it is recovered I want to hit it again. No mercy style. I am dedicating 1 hour each am and 1 hour each pm. No more and No less. Very strick about this. Also... Each pm workout will have to be with dumbells/pull up bar only. My home gym is in use in the evenings. (can't use my own gym wtf? LOL) I have a full set of dumbells (5-100) in my living room though. (aside from the set downstairs in the gym) and I have a pull up bar up there.
    So... Still want to tackle it?!! LOL If so then say the word and I will let you do your thing. It is a lot to work around though... wont be easy on you. LOL

The Goal:
    Add Muscle. Then add some More.
    Last edited by First6; 01-18-2012 at 04:48 PM.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome back to the forum...you're in good hands.

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Welcome back First6!! Great that you got back into being fit!

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    Welcome back to the forum...you're in good hands.
    Thanks slf. Assuming you mean T. He's a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    Welcome back First6!! Great that you got back into being fit!
    Thanks BG. Back into being fit! HEY it wasn't THAT bad! LOL
    btw... saw your thread. very impressive. I will stop in once in a while. Great job!

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member

btw... saw your thread. very impressive. I will stop in once in a while. Great job!
    Everybody...Tbody, Gbrice, Slimmer.

Tbody designed a great program for me and Browngirl - We've both had great gains.
    Gbrice - With his infinite knowledge of dieting and all things both natural and supernatural. LOL
    Slimmer - For her encouraging words and support - not to mention some flawless pancakes.

And 405 as well as others that keep logs to keep us motivated. It's a great place and I'm glad you've found your way back!

BrownGirl is offline Female Member

btw... saw your thread. very impressive. I will stop in once in a while. Great job
    !

Hahaha I didn't mean it like that!! 16% is great even as it is.
    And thank you very much! I have to admit I have a lot of support...so that helps a lot! Yeah definitely please stop by..I appreciate it!

First6 is offline Member
    Yeah slf. No doubt it's a great bunch. T and gb are two of my original friends round here. Love those guys. No lie. Have not talked much with slimmer yet. Have seen lots of her posts and I like her! Hope to get to know her better.
    Twist is another of my main guys. Honored to include him in my friends here! Need to look him up since I'm back.

BG-yeah isn't the support around here unbelievable! amazing how we all really do keep each other going.
    Last edited by First6; 01-18-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Okay 6, yeah, I'd still like to tackle it. What days of the week are you planning on lifting? I like the diet and the not cutting. Are you posting pics? GB is going through a really rough time, so no stopping by near as much as he or we would like. Put him in your prayers. Twist hasn't been around for months as far as I can tell, if you get back ahold of him tell him to come and post up on all of our threads. If you get a chance to stop by my thread I've made some workout videos and posted them on youtube you can find the links in a few of my recent posts.

Welcome back... again lol!!!

16% isn't awful bro, however (and I know you don't wanna hear this) I would drop the body fat first. You'll be able to add muscle easier once you're lean. Simply put, your body will partition nutrients more efficiently. I'm a walking example of this. I'm eating 3500 cals on lift days (450g of carbs!!) currently. If I had done that while I was in the 15% range last year, I would have gotten fatter. I actually DID for a short time, and did put on visible fat. This time, I got down to roughly 9-10% and am eating tons now without adding significant bodyfat... and LBM gains are evident.

With strict dedication, you can easily hit 10% in 12 weeks and be totally primed for a lean bulk. IMO it's a much better option than adding mass (and fat) now, then having to cut forever down the road... and likely losing a good deal of those gains in the process.

Wipe the canvass clean now, and start fresh. My .02, good luck with whatever you choose and please keep us posted!

First6 is offline Member
    Okay 6, yeah, I'd still like to tackle it. What days of the week are you planning on lifting? I like the diet and the not cutting. Are you posting pics? GB is going through a really rough time, so no stopping by near as much as he or we would like. Put him in your prayers. Twist hasn't been around for months as far as I can tell, if you get back ahold of him tell him to come and post up on all of our threads. If you get a chance to stop by my thread I've made some workout videos and posted them on youtube you can find the links in a few of my recent posts.
    lol okay then. go ahead and throw a rough draft at me and we can go over it.
    Lifting every day.
    still don't know if I can post pics. Have to try one and find out.
    Yeah I read some about GB in his posts. Not sure I understand all of what's going on but it sounds rough. He has been on my mind. I know speaking for myself the first year with a new born was the hardest thing on my marraige possible to imagine. The issues that arise can be overcome and I hope and pray that he gets through okay.
    Last I talked to Twist he had some serious sounding health concerns. Need to get in touch with him.
    Will look up those vids.

GB- I see your post. Hold on... I'll be right back.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    glad to see you are back around and ready to get back after it!

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    Everybody...Tbody, Gbrice, Slimmer.

Tbody designed a great program for me and Browngirl - We've both had great gains.
    Gbrice - With his infinite knowledge of dieting and all things both natural and supernatural. LOL
    Slimmer - For her encouraging words and support - not to mention some flawless pancakes.

And 405 as well as others that keep logs to keep us motivated. It's a great place and I'm glad you've found your way back!
    You found the pancakes too? WONDERFUL!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Yeah slf. No doubt it's a great bunch. T and gb are two of my original friends round here. Love those guys. No lie. Have not talked much with slimmer yet. Have seen lots of her posts and I like her! Hope to get to know her better.
    Twist is another of my main guys. Honored to include him in my friends here! Need to look him up since I'm back.

BG-yeah isn't the support around here unbelievable! amazing how we all really do keep each other going.
    just saw this one.....THANKS! Nice to hear. Hope to get to know you better too.
    Author Unknown

First6 is offline Member
    GB - For some reason my reply with quote button isn't working....
    Dropped to 15% now. BUT that is just from eating right again and spending a lot of time lifting. You and I have always been on the same page and if I was giving advise to anyone else I would agree with you 100%. Here comes the but. BUT since this is for me and not someone else I am not going to practice what I preach. I just want to do this. Just this one time. I really feel like I need it mentally. I have always been all about cutting first. I have spent years (like you) in various forms of cutting. I have never (NEVER Bro) spent ANY time with my focus only on gaining muscle. A year or so ago I woke up and started my cardio and stopped 5 minutes later and said out loud I Fu@#ing hate this sh!t. Sick to death of it. Instead of re-evaluating and changing up my routine I just stopped. After all that progress and hard work I just stopped. I can't just jump back into that same routine. I need to do somehting different. Something I have never done. So I got to thinking... Honestly I don't even WANT to be 10%. Sure I like the way I look in the mirror but when I was (11% was my lowest) that low I was not mentally happy. I had no resemblence of any "normal" lifestyle. My cardio was SO extreme and my diet was SO extreme it was not a good place for me. Now that being said... 15% is to high I know. I was most comfortable around 12% and I believe my current plan will get me back to it. Honestly I do. I know what works for my body and I strongly feel that a good diet, some moderate cardio, and a seriously killer lifting routine will be all I need. I have already seen a bf% drop in just the 3 weeks I have been doing it. (and muscle gain - although that is likely mostly or all muscle memory)
    Again, I openly acknowledge that the advise you are suggesting is right on. I agree with it and would tell anyone else the same thing. For me, for now, I am choosing another path. Something I have to do for myself.
    So you gonna have my back? Come on Bro I know you will! You know I can do this.

P.S. I am slowly coming up to speed on what is going on with you. You are in my thoughts a ton. My heart goes out to you and you have my word that If there is anything I can offer or do you got it.

First6 is offline Member
    Why is my reply with quote not working!!??? grrr.

First6 is offline Member
    thanks ragin!

First6 is offline Member
    thanks Slimmer. Seems like I missed the pancakes while I was gone. Need to head over to recipe section I guess.

Hey F6 this is a little delayed but i just saw it how much did u pay for ur DB set of 5-100lb?? In wat increments does it go up? 5lbs?

First... of course I have your back bro. I most certainly know how you feel. Until now, I've never dieted for gains either... always cutting, cutting, cutting! I did it wrong for a few years, then buckled down and got it right for the most part.

I totally get the 'need a change of pace' thing. Just be smart about it... let me know if/how I can help!!

I am writing this with the assumption that your weight training is in the evening with the above mentioned limitations. I am also assuming you do have a bench of some sort, if not let me know and I will figure a way around this.

Day one: Legs - Mass programs greatest ally, also the most taxing and dreaded, so we jump in with both feet. Just like the first day of the summer at the pool, don't stick your toe in just get all in, a shock to the system but then you are totally committed and must adjust!

Squat - with a DB you would hoist them up and rest them on your shoulders, then perform a squat, 15-20 rep range after warm up, the key is to go deep and not completely lock-out at the top, stay about 8 inches short of lock-out. When you are finished go immediately into a stiff-legged-dead-lift, with the same DB's, standing on some raised platform, heels and knees together, legs locked lower while keeping the weights touching the sides of your legs all the way down, slow and steady lowering, a full stretch at the bottom while pushing your butt away from you, then a slow controlled return to the top, 8-12 reps. Remain upright and go into a standing toe raise, full extension at the top with a pause, full stretch at the bottom with a pause 20-25 reps. Put the weights down, rest for 90 seconds and repeat. Four sets

No weight lunges superset with seated toe raises.

Lunges should be performed with feet as far apart as a brisk paced walk step, keep your body as straight up and down as possible and lower yourself while remaining as perfectly centered as you are able, so your legs should be opening like a pair of scissors, all the way down until your back knee touches(ever so lightly) the floor, then return to the top while maintaining your nuetral/centered position. Perform ten reps with the right leg forward, switch, ten with the left leg forward, switch, 10, 10, 10, 10, so one set would involve 60 total reps with alternating feet in front ten reps each. Set down on the edge of your bench/couch, feet in front with the balls of your feet on an elevated surface, place dumbbells on your knees, or thighs as close to the knee as possible based upon comfort tolerance, toe raises, full stretch at bottom with a pause and a full extension at top with a pause. rest for 90seconds between sets - four sets total.
    Legs = done

Day two: Back/Biceps

Bodyweight Pull-ups 4 sets to failure

One arm row - 8-12 reps, bring the weight up to the rib-cage, top of the dumbbell up to the chest/nipple area, keep elbow in tight to the body, full stretch at the bottom, weak side first then match the number of reps the weak side performed with the strong side. Rest 30 seconds then start again. four sets

One arm row - 8-12 reps, bring the weight up to the hip, top of the dumbbell hitting about the waist, keep elbow in tight to the body, full stretch at the bottom, weak side first then match the number of reps the weak side performed with the strong side. Rest 30 seconds then start again. four sets

Hammer curls 8 reps progressive weight four sets, both arms simultaneously.

concentration curls to failure dropset weak arm first, matching reps with strong arm 25lbs-20lbs-15lbs-10lbs
    back/biceps = done

Day 3: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Incline DB Bench 8 reps progressive poundages four sets, 60 seconds between sets

Flat DB Bench 8 reps progressive poundages four sets, 60 seconds between sets

Decline DB Bench 8 reps progressive poundages four sets, 60 seconds between sets

DB Military Press Bench 8 reps progressive poundages four sets, 60 seconds between sets

DB Shrugs 15 reps with a full second pause at the top and a total stretch at the bottom superset with bodyweight bench dips to failure four sets
    chest/shoulders/tricps = done

Repeat from the beginning. This is what I'm thinking if you are going to lift every day and hit every body part twice a week. If you want to you can put a rest day here or maybe a rest day after going through this twice. You could also, on alternating days, switch the order of the exercises up, so you are stronger with a lift that hits the muscle from a different angle from session to session.

This is just what came to me as I thought about you and your situation, let me know what you are thinking or if I am not properly understanding what you have available for equipment.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    ^^ Thats an awful routine - Are you serious regarding the squats? Are you serious regarding chest,delts and tri's in the same workout?

First6 - welcome back its nice to see your back on track

First6 is offline Member
    reply with quote still not working

405 - Yeah up by 5's. I do have some other inc's thrown in though for example I have 17's, 22.5's etc.. For the most part they are up by 5 though.
    Can't give you a price. I peice all my stuff together. ebay, craigslist, local sales, etc... That is how I can afford to have everything I have. Otherwise no way. Prob only 50% of my stuff was purchased new by me. Know what though.... new and used weighs the same LOL

Hey cool man.. Ill have to chek craigslist and ebay out gotta big "man cave" and a DB set would go great in here with my elliptical and bench

First6 is offline Member
    GB - I knew it!
    Yeah you said it. Smart. Think twice, eat once.
    I think I got it. I could F it up but I've been around enough that I think I know my body enough to pull this off.
    Don't worry you will be helping no doubt. I know my stuff but you are still light years ahead! I will rely on your support.

[QUOTE=marcus300;5870572]^^ Thats an awful routine - Are you serious regarding the squats? Are you serious regarding chest,delts and tri's in the same workout?[QUOTE]

Yes, he said he had dumbbells only to use and in his living room. he also said he wanted a mass building routine. That's what I could think of for legs, help me out with some other suggestions, please. As for the chest/shoulders/triceps, that's standard in all of the push/pull routines that I am familiar with and again, hitting each muscle group twice a week. I have done chest/shoulders/triceps together on and off for 20 years. Again, please provide some options.

First6 is offline Member
    T - Equipment. There is not much I don't have or can't do. Go on that assumption.
    I gotta be honest I'm not really feeling the routine. I know my body and I need to focus on 1 body part per workout and really kill it. For instance If I can touch my forhead after doing arms I didn't work hard enough. If I don't have to have my wife bring me my shake after legs I didn't work hard enough. I need to hit each part this hard 2 times a week. My body loves fat and hates muscle so I have to force it by showing no mercy. Remember I only have a schedule that allows 1 hour per workout 2x a day. It isn't flexable so if I'm not done to bad I'm done anyway. 1 hour isn't enough to hit chest/shoulders/tris all in the same workout as hard as I need to hit them.
    Sorry I wasn't more clear. Hopefully this is better for you.
    Hey by the way....25lbs on conc curls? Is that for my daughter? LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information