Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Bikeral, totally appreciate the support!

Another 1 hour of fasted cardio - DONE. I'm amazed at how my cardiovasclar strength has improved over the past few months. A year ago I couldn't walk on the treadmill without my heart rate shooting up. Now I hae a hard time keeping it between 120 and 130 unless I'm jogging or walking at a crazy incline! I do love seeing and feeling results!

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    You are going to accomplish amazing things and I am very excited to see how you respond to the workouts as well.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    So Tbody. Browngirl showed me some articles on supersetting and (as you've said) it seems it produces the best results for building mass. That being said...why doesn't everyone do them? I see people's workout routines on here daily and it seems hardly anyone does them. With all the info I've read it seems everyone should be doing them...just curious.

Most people I know do incorporate super-sets into their routine on some level. I don't always do them for a few reasons, one the gym setting can be a social setting, where I see friends that I don't see all week or sometimes longer than that. Also not everyone is interested nor convinced about the best way to accomplish what they want to accomplish. Not everyone has the same commitment level. And, like I said, you will get knowledgeable members on this board that would argue against that approach. Aus, right here on this thread, disagreed with my program as the best way to accomplish the desired results, a whole lot of great trainers whom I respect completely disagree with me from small to great degrees on different topics. That was the main reason we had the first "physique transformation challange" initially, there were two guys arguing vehemently about training approaches so we all were blindly assigned different people with different body types and goals and we worked with them individually and the results were judged. Everyone who entered and completed the training improved dramatically, and when they posted their workouts and diets there were some very different approaches that produced incredibly similar results.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    Another 1 hour of fasted cardio - DONE. I'm amazed at how my cardiovasclar strength has improved over the past few months. A year ago I couldn't walk on the treadmill without my heart rate shooting up. Now I hae a hard time keeping it between 120 and 130 unless I'm jogging or walking at a crazy incline! I do love seeing and feeling results!
    u go brown girl

tall76 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just wanted to throw in my opinion here- I'm a trainer myself and I really like the whole body 3x a week program when someone is just really getting into training consistently and heavy. It gets results quickly for a few different reasons. First off know that muscle itself responds quickly to resistance training but we need to look out for other stuff like connective tissue, tendons, ligaments which will get stronger but only when repeatedly exposed to resistance training.
    Now I'll drop some science on u guys.... The human body does not want to build lean mass. This makes the body less efficient because it must use energy/ calories/ nutrients for maintenance of this lean mass (keep its temp regulated, bloodflow, nutrients, ect). So when u start to lift, rather than build lean mass our body knows that it can get stronger by becoming more efficient. This is called neuromuscular efficiency. Our central system will increase this efficiency by recruiting more muscle fiber. Only when this efficiency has reached a certain threshold will new lean mass be built. Lifting total body 3x per week will help pass this threshold quicker, and each time the muscle and CNS is overloaded the body will respond by building lean mass.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Does all of this apply to all of us? The workout? or simply Bgirl since she is trying to gain more mass as opposed to some of us who don't want anymore mass or is the word ''mass" equal to lean? please decipher. THANKS
    Curious.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

All good stuff....Thanks Tall, that makes a lot of sense. I like science!

Tbody, thanks for your response as always. You've been a big help. I'll be looking at that "physique transformation challange" tonight.

Side note: Thinking about this new training program I might have to tweak mine and Browngirls diet a bit. That being said. I need to re-calculate our TDEE. We work together and we're both very sedentary sitting at the computer all day. Non-lift days we've been doing 60min fasted cardio which we'll keep doing. That being said, what should we use at the multiplier to calculate our TDEE.

Thanks Again Guys

The challenge was spectacular actually. I am surprised another one hasn't been announced. Tbody was instrumental in getting in going. And for that matter DID get it going.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

tall76 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Does all of this apply to all of us? The workout? or simply Bgirl since she is trying to gain more mass as opposed to some of us who don't want anymore mass or is the word ''mass" equal to lean? please decipher. THANKS
    Curious.
    Adaptation of the neuromuscular system applies to anyone who hasn't been 100% serious about every workout for the past 6 months. Once the CNS has reached its peak efficiency I would say its best to hit each body part 1 or 2x per week. Changing up exercises, rep schemes, rest periods, order of exercises, ect. To keep our body guessing. As far as lean mass goes- it is basically anything on our body which isn't fat. When cutting or bulking we want our lean body mass to be preserved as it drives our metabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by tall76 View Post
    Adaptation of the neuromuscular system applies to anyone who hasn't been 100% serious about every workout for the past 6 months. Once the CNS has reached its peak efficiency I would say its best to hit each body part 1 or 2x per week. Changing up exercises, rep schemes, rest periods, order of exercises, ect. To keep our body guessing. As far as lean mass goes- it is basically anything on our body which isn't fat. When cutting or bulking we want our lean body mass to be preserved as it drives our metabolism.
    Thanks so much Tall. This makes a lot of sense. Appreciate it.

To Bgirl: Hope you do not mind the bit of a hyjack. I just love learning....
    Author Unknown

Thanks Tall!!! That totally makes sense.

And TBody, you've been awesomely supportive, knowledgable and encouraging. Thank you. Oh yeah and it's really cool that you owned a gym!

SlimmerMe, hijack away! I'm glad you asked that question. We're all still learning and it's always great to learn new things...

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    All good stuff....Thanks Tall, that makes a lot of sense. I like science!

Tbody, thanks for your response as always. You've been a big help. I'll be looking at that "physique transformation challange" tonight.

Side note: Thinking about this new training program I might have to tweak mine and Browngirls diet a bit. That being said. I need to re-calculate our TDEE. We work together and we're both very sedentary sitting at the computer all day. Non-lift days we've been doing 60min fasted cardio which we'll keep doing. That being said, what should we use at the multiplier to calculate our TDEE.

Thanks Again Guys
    I'm a fan of splitting the difference, personally, and also take into consideration that you are bulking, and BG is smaller than petite, all that being said use the 1.375 multiplier, if you are strict with the calories and macros over the next two months while on this program we will easily be able to tell if we are accurately calculating all of the information and it will also be easy to tell where to make adjustments. When I made such great progress with this particular workout I was eating way over my TDEE and not paying any attention to the macro split at all. I am not suggesting you do the same, but if we spend two months absolutely priming your bodies into producing lean mass and maintaining it, then we level off with a clean/lean approach to peeling off just the excess fat from the bulk, the muscle mass we gained during the bulk will help us burn that fat quicker and more efficiently than before. So if you are going to err, do so on the high side of caloric intake. You are absolutely traumatizing muscle tissue and you want every muscle to have the necessary building blocks in place when re-construction begins.

The challenge was spectacular actually. I am surprised another one hasn't been announced. Tbody was instrumental in getting in going. And for that matter DID get it going.
    Thank you slimmer, I understand there are some things being fine tuned by admin and his minions so they can roll out the "transformation challange 2.0" with as little glitches as possible.

Thanks Tall!!! That totally makes sense.

And TBody, you've been awesomely supportive, knowledgable and encouraging. Thank you. Oh yeah and it's really cool that you owned a gym!

SlimmerMe, hijack away! I'm glad you asked that question. We're all still learning and it's always great to learn new things...
    Yes, thank you tall and you are absolutely welcome BG and Slf. It's the reason why we are on the boards, to help shorten the learning curve for the people who appreciate it and apply it!

So Tbody...I'm gonna start my own thread tomorrow so I can stop hijacking my girls. So that I can track this program out what beginning stats should I take.

Weight (obviously)
    BF% (I have calipers that are putting me way lower than what I know I am - however they'll be great for progress tracking)
    Waist, Chest, Arm, Leg, calf measurements
    Starting Pics

Is there anything else I'm missing????

Thanks

lmmalone is offline Junior Member
    I'll be following this thread. I'm excited to see what you accomplish!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey Bgirl~

So happy to see your log. I promise it is the ultimate secret to success here. It will keep you focused more than just about anything else.

And you already look great IMO. So anything you do will be a bonus.

Wishing you GOOD LUCK and will follow your progress.
    Agree! She does look good, can hardly wait to see the "after" pics

Good show luv!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    u go brown girl

Thanks GGR! How's the new year goal coming along? I'm sure you're doing wonderful!

And thank you Immalone and Times! Hey Times, find any bugs in your cereal lately? hehe Hopefully not!

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    So Tbody...I'm gonna start my own thread tomorrow so I can stop hijacking my girls. So that I can track this program out what beginning stats should I take.

Weight (obviously)
    BF% (I have calipers that are putting me way lower than what I know I am - however they'll be great for progress tracking)
    Waist, Chest, Arm, Leg, calf measurements
    Starting Pics

Is there anything else I'm missing????

Thanks
    personally I would not measure the waist and I'd add the neck. You are on a bulk, you may not get freaked out if your waist increases, but I'm wagering, since you were a fat guy, you will. Better to keep it a non-factor. Measure every two weeks on monday's before any cardio or lifting, also do your weigh-ins and pics then as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    personally I would not measure the waist and I'd add the neck. You are on a bulk, you may not get freaked out if your waist increases, but I'm wagering, since you were a fat guy, you will. Better to keep it a non-factor. Measure every two weeks on monday's before any cardio or lifting, also do your weigh-ins and pics then as well.
    Hey Hey, I just got a little fat there for a little bit. LOL!!! I have a lot to say about my plan/goal, but I'm hijacking again (although I shouldn't be worried about it because she hijacks my side of the bed every night...lol). I'll pm you a link tomorrow to my thread so you can take a look at it...

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks GGR! How's the new year goal coming along? I'm sure you're doing wonderful!

And thank you Immalone and Times! Hey Times, find any bugs in your cereal lately? hehe Hopefully not!
    no bugs that i've noticed so far!
    switched to a "raisan bran", not as good as the granola

what tipped me off the first time were the little black floaters. so i haven't seen any floaters yet =)

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    no bugs that i've noticed so far!
    switched to a "raisan bran", not as good as the granola

what tipped me off the first time were the little black floaters. so i haven't seen any floaters yet =)

I'm glad!

So I did my measurements this morning since Slfmade was doing his.

Waist - 22"
    Stomach - 25.75"
    Arm - 10"
    Leg - 18.25
    Butt - 32"

So I was all excited to start the workout the right way last night, ate all my "wokout day food" and went to the gym. STUPID thing was closed, because apparently they close at 8 on weekends. Arrrghh. That really sucked. I guess I'm starting tomorrow officially then. Tomorrow will be the beginning of my 8 week workout.

Know how ya feel when you are ALL wired up and READY to go out the gate!
    Author Unknown

Grrrrr, sorry to hear that, I was all geared up to hear how much you vomited.... errrr..... I mean loved the intensity of the program and how thoroughly convinced you became of it's ability to help accomplish all it promises to in the pre-determined time-frame in conjuction with your incredible discipline and fine-tuned diet!

Grrrrr, sorry to hear that, I was all geared up to hear how much you vomited.... errrr..... I mean loved the intensity of the program and how thoroughly convinced you became of it's ability to help accomplish all it promises to in the pre-determined time-frame in conjuction with your incredible discipline and fine-tuned diet!
    Hehehe

Ms.Magoo is offline Female Member
    So I was all excited to start the workout the right way last night, ate all my "wokout day food" and went to the gym. STUPID thing was closed, because apparently they close at 8 on weekends. Arrrghh. That really sucked. I guess I'm starting tomorrow officially then. Tomorrow will be the beginning of my 8 week workout.
    Ugh!!!! That's soo frustrating!! Well let us all know how it went today!

well...................I.......... patiently.............wait.........

re: pancakes? did you like them?
    Author Unknown

well...................I.......... patiently.............wait.........

re: pancakes? did you like them?

Hehe yeah they're great! I didn't put as much Splenda in it for them to be sweet but I love the texture. Thanks for the recipe!!!

So update from last night:

Did the workout the right way. OMG I thought I was going to throw up. By the last superset I was almost in tears, I had to keep talking my self through it. It was sheer will power that helped me finish. Even after getting home I was shaking for about an hour. BUT, at least I finished it so I feel good.

Did another hour of fasted cardio this morning.

So update from last night:

Did the workout the right way. OMG I thought I was going to throw up. By the last superset I was almost in tears, I had to keep talking my self through it. It was sheer will power that helped me finish. Even after getting home I was shaking for about an hour. BUT, at least I finished it so I feel good.

Did another hour of fasted cardio this morning.
    I am so proud of you.

I am so proud of you.
    Thank you thank you!

Ready for day 2 of the workout. I'm having a really hard time eating more calories on the lift days, I feel bloated and miserable. But I'm eating it anyway since I need to build some muscle. After reading several posts and threads I realized that I need to be eating several hundred calories more than my TDEE. So I once again amended my diet.

LIFT DAYS:

Meal 1 - 10am

Egg Whites - 2
    Onions
    Serrano Peppers
    Tomatoes
    Oats - 3/4 Cup
    Sugar Free Jam

Cal:319 / Fat: 3.75 / Carbs: 52.5 / P: 21

Meal 2 - 12pm

Iso 100 Protein Shake - 1 Scoop
    Sweet Potato - (4 Oz)

Cal:209 / Fat: 0 / Carbs: 25 / P: 26

Meal 3 - 2pm

Tuna Salad Sandwich (Tuna, Celery, Pickles, Green onions)
    No Bake Cookie (Old fashioned oats/Whey/Touch of PB)
    1 Cup Mixed Veggies

Cal:442.75/ Fat: 8.85 / Carbs: 49.5 / P: 43.25

Meal 4 - 4pm

Twice Loaded Baked Potatoes (With Broccoli)
    No Bake Cookie

Cal:449.5 / Fat: 15.5 / Carbs: 40 / P: 38.75

Meal 5 - 6pm

SlimmerMe's Oat Pancakes
    Sugar free maple syrup

Cal:203.67 / Fat: 3 / Carbs: 31 / P: 18.67

WORKOUT - BCAA's

Meal 6 - 8pm

Casein/Whey Protein Shake
    No Fat Cottage Cheese - 1 Cup
    Sugar Free Honey - 1 Tbsp

Cal:267 / Fat: 0.5 / Carbs: 29 / P: 39

TOTAL: Cal - 1890.92/ Fat - 31.35 / Carbs - 227 / P - 186.67

Split: 14.92 / 48.02 / 39.49

NON LIFT DAYS(Cardio only):

8.30am - 9.00am FASTED CARDIO

Meal 1 - 10am

Egg Whites - 3
    Onions
    Peppers
    Tomatoes

Cal:7 / Fat: 0 / Carbs: 7 / P: 12

Meal 2 - 12pm

Iso 100 Protein Shake - 1 Scoop

Cal:106 / Fat: 0 / Carbs: 1 / P: 24

Meal 3 - 2pm

Tuna Salad Sandwich
    No Bake Cookie

Cal:411.5/ Fat: 8.85/ Carbs: 44.5 / P: 40.75

Meal 4 - 4pm

Twice Loaded Baked Potatoes

Cal:274 / Fat: 10 / Carbs: 24 / P: 22

Meal 5 - 6pm

Pancakes made with:
    Oats
    Eggs
    Isopure
    Sugar Free Maple Syrup

Cal:277.5 / Fat: 2.75/ Carbs: 31 / P: 27.5

Meal 6 - 8pm

No Fat Cottage Cheese
    Sugar Free Honey - 1 Tbsp

Cal:154 / Fat: 0/ Carbs: 27 / P: 15

TOTAL: Cal - 1297/ Fat - 21.6 / Carbs - 134.5 / P - 141.25

Split: 14.99/ 41.48/ 43.56%

Ms.Magoo is offline Female Member
    Mmmm no bake cookie sounds yummy....you're making me jealous and making me want to bulk..in a bad way lol

stuff yourself, you can do it, and don't let slf stuff you, that's energy expenditure that you'd have to make up for by eating even more!

stuff yourself, you can do it, and don't let slf stuff you, that's energy expenditure that you'd have to make up for by eating even more!
    No worries on that!!! After the workout you gave us...that's the last thing on our minds!

Glad to hear it....Mission Accomplished!

"Mission" is the key word here....
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by slimmerme View Post
    "mission" is the key word here....
    lmao

Okay so just finished day 2 of the workout. Weirdly enough I feel better than the other day. I'm really sore but I don't feel sick. Yay. I wonder if it's because we took breaks between body parts, not long breaks but like a minute or so. But that may have helped me catch my breath...My forearms feel like they're gonna cramp up though.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Doing good BG keep it up!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information