Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Thank Cajun! I know...it sure makes things easier...It's so much harder when you're trying to diet and your S.O eats whatever..it gets tempting! lol

Ms.Magoo, yeah I love cooking for fun, but not when I have to. But we have to do it anyway!

TBody: Just got done with the workout. Exhausted as usual. Well, maybe a bit more. I pushed myself a bit harder, like doing a couple of extra reps (still between the given rep amount).

I did feel amazing when I looked in the mirror at my arms as I was working out....and I could see my muscles bulging!!! Woooot! I know it isn't a big deal for all you strong men out there since you probably see them all the time, but I'm super excited. I've never had such definition before. So to me, this is a small victory.

Start of week 2 = Going great!

Patrickthecool is offline Junior Member
    Great job! u and slfmade got some good support

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Post some vids of those workout!

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Good to see the workouts going well brown girl.
    keep it going...

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    Thank Cajun! I know...it sure makes things easier...It's so much harder when you're trying to diet and your S.O eats whatever..it gets tempting! lol

Ms.Magoo, yeah I love cooking for fun, but not when I have to. But we have to do it anyway!

TBody: Just got done with the workout. Exhausted as usual. Well, maybe a bit more. I pushed myself a bit harder, like doing a couple of extra reps (still between the given rep amount).

I did feel amazing when I looked in the mirror at my arms as I was working out....and I could see my muscles bulging!!! Woooot! I know it isn't a big deal for all you strong men out there since you probably see them all the time, but I'm super excited. I've never had such definition before. So to me, this is a small victory.

Wooot WoooooT for sure!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100

LOVE THIS!
    awsome job lady!

Hey, here's some more thinking on our july gathering, we need representatives from across the pond and down under to have gatherings at the same time so the whole "family" can be gathering around the world and then share videos and pictures from the events. Anyway, just a thought.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ----
    Last edited by SexySweetheart; 02-11-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Thank you so much guys and girls!! I love the support!!!

So we were going to do a hike this morning at 6...but we turned off the alarm and went back to sleep. I think we were exhausted from the workout. But when we did wake up, we did our 1 hour of fasted cardio. Not as much fun as a hike but cardio nonetheless.

Ms.Magoo is offline Female Member
    I did feel amazing when I looked in the mirror at my arms as I was working out....and I could see my muscles bulging!!!
    Glad I am not the only one who gets excited about this lol!!! Good job BG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    ^ so yall are actually get together..? lol all this time I thought it was a running joke...
    Oh... you're not the only one Sexy who thought this was a joke lol.

Thank you so much guys and girls!! I love the support!!!

So we were going to do a hike this morning at 6...but we turned off the alarm and went back to sleep. I think we were exhausted from the workout. But when we did wake up, we did our 1 hour of fasted cardio. Not as much fun as a hike but cardio nonetheless.
    Am I to read the fine print here?
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Post some vids of those workout!
    I can't! Since Slfmade and I both workout together, there's nobody to videotape...Plus I look like an idiot with all my huffing and puffing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Magoo View Post
    Glad I am not the only one who gets excited about this lol!!! Good job BG!!!
    Thanks Ms.Magoo!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Am I to read the fine print here?

Lol no, I meant the full body workout from the night before...well, it still sounds like something else huh?

As always, I tweak my diet every so often, so here's the newest one:

LIFT DAYS:

Meal 1 - 10am

Egg Whites - 2
    Onions
    Serrano Peppers
    Tomatoes
    Oats - 3/4 Cup
    Sugar Free Jam

Cal:319 / Fat: 3.75 / Carbs: 52.5 / P: 21

Meal 2 - 12pm

Iso 100 Protein Shake - 1 Scoop
    Sweet Potato - (4 Oz)
    No Bake Cookie (Old fashioned oats/Whey/Touch of PB)

Cal:384 / Fat: 5.25 / Carbs: 40.5 / P: 43

Meal 3 - 2pm

Tuna Salad Sandwich (Tuna, Celery, Pickles, Green onions)
    No Bake Cookie (Old fashioned oats/Whey/Touch of PB)
    1 Cup Mixed Veggies

Cal:436/ Fat: 8.85 / Carbs: 48 / P: 43

Meal 4 - 4pm

Neapolitan Meatballs
    1/2 up brown rice

Cal:392 / Fat: 12 / Carbs: 43 / P: 25.5

Meal 5 - 6pm

SlimmerMe's Oat Pancakes
    Sugar free maple syrup

Cal:203.67 / Fat: 3 / Carbs: 31 / P: 18.67

WORKOUT - BCAA's

Meal 6 - 8pm

Casein/Whey Protein Shake
    No Fat Cottage Cheese - 1/2 Cup
    Sugar Free Maple Syrup

Cal:223 / Fat: 0.5 / Carbs: 8 / P: 38

TOTAL: Cal - 1957.67/ Fat - 33.35 / Carbs - 223 / P - 189.17

Split: 15.33 / 45.56 / 38.65

NON LIFT DAYS(Cardio only):

8.30am - 9.00am FASTED CARDIO

Meal 1 - 10am

Egg Whites - 3
    Onions
    Peppers
    Tomatoes

Cal: 74 / Fat: 0 / Carbs: 7 / P: 12

Meal 2 - 12pm

Iso 100 Protein Shake - 3/4 Scoop

Cal:79.5 / Fat: 0 / Carbs: .75 / P: 18

Meal 3 - 2pm

Tuna Salad Sandwich
    No Bake Cookie

Cal:411/ Fat: 8.85/ Carbs: 44 / P: 41

Meal 4 - 4pm

Neopolitan Meatballs
    1/2 Cup Brown Rice

Cal:392 / Fat: 12 / Carbs: 43 / P: 25.5

Meal 5 - 6pm

Slimmer Me's Pancakes
    Sugar Free Maple Syrup

Meal 6 - 8pm

No Fat Cottage Cheese
    Sugar Free Maple Syrup

Cal:82 / Fat: 0/ Carbs: 6 / P: 7.5

TOTAL: Cal - 1270.17/ Fat - 23.85 / Carbs - 131.75 / P - 129.17

Split: 16.90/ 41.49/ 40.68

^^ love seeing meal 5 at 6pm!
    Author Unknown

I love seeing it all, you are doing a great job, keep it up and you will be awed and amazed by your results. So am I to understand that none of you are planning on making "the gathering"?

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~

I enjoyed reading this post! so happy for you...seeing results keeps ya motivated.

^^ love seeing meal 5 at 6pm!

Yup! Delicious!

I love seeing it all, you are doing a great job, keep it up and you will be awed and amazed by your results. So am I to understand that none of you are planning on making "the gathering"?

Thanks so much TBody! Slfmade and I will most certainly try our best to make it if you guys have it!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    I enjoyed reading this post! so happy for you...seeing results keeps ya motivated.
    Thank you GGR! It sure does. Now I've started wearing tank tops to the gym instead of tshirts..that way I can see my muscles working! lol

Woke up late again but decided to go on the hike anyway. Spent about 2 hours doing a fun hike. Man, I'd missed them so much! And did it as fasted cardio.

Okay did the 6th workout last night. Exhausted myself a little extra by doing a few extra reps and adding a bit more weight. Did my calf raises on the leg press machine with 110lbs and thought I was going to die! Did fasted cardio again this morning even thought it was one of those days that I didn't feel like it.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    ^^^ listen to the body BG. I often too don't feel like it...but if the body says go, I do. When my body is physically tired, sometimes I have to respect the need to take a nite off!

Must be in the air......winter. That's what I think it is.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    ^^^ listen to the body BG. I often too don't feel like it...but if the body says go, I do. When my body is physically tired, sometimes I have to respect the need to take a nite off!
    Yeah I'm learning to listen to my body now...

Must be in the air......winter. That's what I think it is.

Probably! Winter blues...

Okay progress update time!!!

Weight: Was 93lbs/Now 95lbs

Measurements:

Arm - 9.75
    Leg - 18
    Waist - 22.5
    Stomach - 26.5
    Butt - 32.5

The bad news is that my arms and legs have lost about .25 inches. I wonder if that's just fat that I've lost. I have my fingers crossed on that. My butt has increased by 1/2 inch. Yay! My waist and stomach have increased too. That makes me sad. I guess that's what the cutting phase is for...

The new pictures don't seem that much different from the last ones but I can definitely see a difference in the mirror.

029 by slfmade, on Flickr

027 by slfmade, on Flickr

025 by slfmade, on Flickr

026 by slfmade, on Flickr

I'm not where I want to be yet so please be kind!

Ready for the next workout tonight.

Workout #7 down. Thought I was going to pass out today. I increased my weight on almost all the exercises. I even feel like my abs are shaking! lol Definitely felt the burn on the skull crushers today. Question for all you knowledgable folks though...Am I supposed to feel my traps working as well when I do the skull crushers? Because I did...Weird.

I got sick of eating cottage cheese with splenda or maple syrup so I've been mixing it with sugar free jello. Actually tastes pretty good!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    looking good girl! consistency is the main ingredient in this. as far as the cottage cheese goes, you can also try putting in some protein powder and put it in a blender to make a smoothie, or make some healthy 'ice cream' with it. hit the recipe section up

I think you are ahead of schedule on your progress. I can't see any increase in BF and 2lbs of muscle for someone your size is pretty impressive.

You look amazing to me. Your arms especially are very pretty. Do you plan to keep them feminine? Or are you looking for more bulk.

I am so impressed with your food and workouts and nerve to post photos. Good for you. So glad you are here. I really am
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    looking good girl! consistency is the main ingredient in this. as far as the cottage cheese goes, you can also try putting in some protein powder and put it in a blender to make a smoothie, or make some healthy 'ice cream' with it. hit the recipe section up

Thanks Cajun! (Can I call you Cajun? lol) Yeah the more I do this, the more it's becoming a lifestyle and even the chocolate my mom keeps in the fridge doesn't tempt me anymore! I did try the icecream, but the serving size ended up being so huge that I got sick of it! lol I probably will try it again though...

I think you are ahead of schedule on your progress. I can't see any increase in BF and 2lbs of muscle for someone your size is pretty impressive.

Thanks TBody, yeah I think the progress isn't too bad!

You look amazing to me. Your arms especially are very pretty. Do you plan to keep them feminine? Or are you looking for more bulk.

I am so impressed with your food and workouts and nerve to post photos. Good for you. So glad you are here. I really am

Thank you Slimmer!!! You're the sweetest. Yeah I definitely want to keep them very feminine, just not flabby, you know. I'd love for my arms to look like that on a daily basis instead of when I'm flexing...
    I'm so glad that I'm here too! Wonderful people like you make this forum an amazing place to hang out!

Really didn't want to go to the gym and walk on the treadmill for an hour, so we walked around our neighborhood. It was a nice change of scenery. Changed up our diet again. About the same macros though...Will post new diet tomorrow.

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    You have a typical female body...very good! Curves in right spot...and not too skinny! You have lots of potential to add lean mass to your body, but IMO....some choices of food and when your having them is probably hindering that look. If that's what you want. I know lots here have great advice....but lets face it...most are men...they don't know how woman's body's respond well...because they're not woman.

We don't adjust to exercise and foods as they do...its how it is. Your on the right track obviously and just making sure your doing the right thing is commendable....I give props!!!

But, givin my experience...not much else will change unless you take it to the next level with your food. I know you pm'd me...thought I'd give my two cents here....you deserve praise in public.

So...I'll pop back into pm's and see what we can do.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    ^^ listen to KG, she knows her stuff (see her avy!). That's not to take anything away from any other advice offered here.

btw, the above are the only pics of yours that I have seen (I'll go through your thread to look for other sets I'm assuming you posted) - you're looking great! You are very lean already, that's evident by the definition in your stomach. You are ahead of the game and in an excellent/primed position to add some lean mass and 'shape' your body.

One bit of advice - please do NOT worry about getting too bulky! Realize that even for guys, it takes years to achieve a 'bulky' (not fat) physique naturally. With your diet and training not centered around the goal of 'getting huge', this is not something you need to worry about in the least. My .02

Wow BG you're looking great. From the pics you can see some real definition and I give u props for posting pics!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    You have a typical female body...very good! Curves in right spot...and not too skinny! You have lots of potential to add lean mass to your body, but IMO....some choices of food and when your having them is probably hindering that look. If that's what you want. I know lots here have great advice....but lets face it...most are men...they don't know how woman's body's respond well...because they're not woman.

We don't adjust to exercise and foods as they do...its how it is. Your on the right track obviously and just making sure your doing the right thing is commendable....I give props!!!

But, givin my experience...not much else will change unless you take it to the next level with your food. I know you pm'd me...thought I'd give my two cents here....you deserve praise in public.

So...I'll pop back into pm's and see what we can do.

Thanks Kawi!! I'm going to take your food change suggestions to heart and change up some things in my diet. Will post up amended diet soon...

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    ^^ listen to KG, she knows her stuff (see her avy!). That's not to take anything away from any other advice offered here.

btw, the above are the only pics of yours that I have seen (I'll go through your thread to look for other sets I'm assuming you posted) - you're looking great! You are very lean already, that's evident by the definition in your stomach. You are ahead of the game and in an excellent/primed position to add some lean mass and 'shape' your body.

One bit of advice - please do NOT worry about getting too bulky! Realize that even for guys, it takes years to achieve a 'bulky' (not fat) physique naturally. With your diet and training not centered around the goal of 'getting huge', this is not something you need to worry about in the least. My .02

Thank you GB! I'm so glad you stopped by! Yeah I'm not worried about getting too big or anything....I just get excited when I gain a bit of weight now! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Magoo View Post
    Wow BG you're looking great. From the pics you can see some real definition and I give u props for posting pics!!!
    Thanks so much MsM! I'm starting to get happy with myself now...More to go but I'm glad to see some progress!

Great log, great progress, keep it coming!

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    great log, great progress, keep it coming!
    x2^^^

BG you look great lady! can def tell a diff in definition on your calves and abs!
    you must be sooooo proud!

Thanks TBody and Papi!! The log will keep coming!

Thanks Sexy...I'm getting there!!!

So after talking to Kawigirl, I decided to make some changes in my diet. She had mentioned to not eat so much oats and change up my carb sources. She also told me to switch out my protein shake for real food and to get rid of the PB and stick to fish oil capsules and a multivitamin. So here goes:

LIFT DAYS:

Meal 1 - 10am

Egg Whites - 3
    Onions
    Serrano Peppers
    Tomatoes
    Oats - 3/4 Cup Raw
    Sugar Free Jam

Cal:307 / Fat: 3.75 / Carbs: 48.5 / P: 21

Meal 2 - 12pm

Egg Whites - 4
    Whole egg - 1
    Sweet Potato - (4 Oz)
    White cheddar rice cakes - 2

Cal:328 / Fat: 6 / Carbs: 40 / P: 24

Meal 3 - 2pm

Japanese Chicken Scallion Rice Bowl
    1/4 Cup Brown Rice
    1 Cup Mixed Veggies
    Ground Beef - 4 oz

Cal:491/ Fat: 8.5 / Carbs: 62.25 / P: 49.25

Meal 4 - 4pm

Hamburger and mushroom risotto
    Sugar Free Jello - 1/2 cup
    Fat Free Cool Whip - 2 Tbsp

Cal:431 / Fat: 10 / Carbs: 46 / P: 38

Meal 5 - 6pm

SlimmerMe's Pancakes - 2
    Sugar free maple syrup

WORKOUT - BCAA's

Meal 6 - 9pm

Casein/Whey Protein Shake
    Fat Free Cool Whip

Cal:218 / Fat: 0.5 / Carbs: 10 / P: 39

TOTAL: Cal - 1978.67/ Fat - 31.75/ Carbs - 237.75 / P - 189.92

Split: 14.44 / 48.06/ 38.39

NON LIFT DAYS(Cardio only):

8.30am - 9.30am FASTED CARDIO

Meal 1 - 10am

Egg Whites - 4
    Onions
    Peppers
    Tomatoes

Cal: 78 / Fat: 0 / Carbs: 3 / P: 16

Meal 2 - 12pm

Egg whites - 4
    Egg - 1 whole

Cal:135 / Fat: 5 / Carbs: 0 / P: 22

Meal 3 - 2pm

Japanese Chicken Scallion Rice Bowl
    Ground Beef - 4 oz
    1 Serving Mixed Veggies

Cal:437/ Fat: 8/ Carbs: 51 / P: 48

Meal 4 - 4pm

Hamburger and mushroom risotto

Cal:326 / Fat: 10 / Carbs: 38 / P: 23

Meal 5 - 6pm

Slimmer Me's Pancakes - 2
    Sugar Free Maple Syrup

Meal 6 - 9pm

Fat Free Cool Whip

Cal:105 / Fat: 0/ Carbs: 8 / P: 15

TOTAL: Cal - 1284.67/ Fat - 26/ Carbs - 131 / P - 142.67

Split: 18.21/ 40.79/ 44.42

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Can really see a change in your abs. The mirror is the best motivator. Keep it up!

Thread Information