Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    You are taking it to another level now BG! Good luck and I know you can do it. Again, I am so impressed with your detailed dedication. It will pay off.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Thank you Auslifta! I'm glad you stopped by!!

You're too sweet Slimmer! I think I'm gonna die with all this food though! lol

Workout 9 = DONE!

5 more weeks to go...

SQUATS : Increased weight on Wednesday so I went up to 18 reps instead of 15 for the 3 sets. For the last 3 reps of the last set, added 20 extra pounds.
    SLDL : Increased to 50 lbs on Wednesday. Kept the same weight and added a few extra reps.
    CALF RAISES : Been doing these on the Leg Press machine so that I get a better range of motion. Did 110lbs for all 3 sets. Felt like dying. lol

PULLUPS : Had to switch to the Iso Lateral High Row machine because some dipshit left his stuff on the pullup machine and kept doing other stuff without taking his stuff off of it. He wasn't even doing supersets. Whatever. I did feel a better workout in my lats though.
    BENCH PRESS : Been doing 15 lb dumbells

INCLINE BENCH PRESS : Added weight
    BENT ROWS : Added weight

MILITARY PRESS : Added weight
    ABS : Been doing 3 sets of 40 reps each

UPRIGHT ROWS : Added weight
    HANGING LEG LIFTS : Increased to 20 reps (That's pretty much to failure)

SKULL CRUSHERS : Added 3 more reps
    BARBELL CURLS : Added 3 more reps

So I pretty much either added weight or increased reps. Feels great!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    ^ i do alot of calves (toe raises) too. calves are really slow to respond for me. i can't seem to add enough weight, and therefore my reps are very high. even then, the last 10 reps or so really burn!

I'll give her another go when i get back home and hit up a proper gym with my kid

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm so very proud of you and Slf, BG, you guys are seriously nailing this!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    increased weights!
    increased reps!

Attachment 119835

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Reminder....you need to replenish your glycogen stores in the morning...you need carbs!!!! Have your oats at breakfast!!

Think this; every meal...you need a carb...AND you need a protein choice. And your first meal...of egg whites and veggies...very little calories to start your day. Take your day and rearrange to injest your higher calorie meals earlier during the day.

Alright...I'm back. Thank you TBody, Sexy and Kawi! I've been on the diet and working out...just haven't had the time to log anything. Been at a convention all week, and by the time I got home I was exhausted. Since we were constantly walking this week and didn't have time to actually eat every two hours, Slfmade and I have been doing the IF diet. Macros haven't been perfect but I'm pretty sure I hit right at or under my calories. Not expecting to gain any muscle this week, but hopefully I won't gain any fat either. I felt bad because I ate a macaroon and had a beer and a half. Oh well, can't beat myself up over it though. Just gotta jump back in the saddle.

I thought I'd hate the Intermittent Fasting since I'm one of those people who's ALWAYS hungry. But weirdly enough, I think my body is getting used to it and I kinda like it. I think I might continue with it. The hard part is my post workout meal. On Monday I was so exhausted after walking for hours, then working out, I could barely finish my food...My stomach was hurting so bad and I thought it would explode. It's been getting better though. I'm looking forward to my first meal of the day in an hour!

It's the Giddy Up Game Girl~

And you are ridin' your horse just fine....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    I thought I'd hate the Intermittent Fasting since I'm one of those people who's ALWAYS hungry. But weirdly enough, I think my body is getting used to it and I kinda like it. I think I might continue with it. The hard part is my post workout meal. On Monday I was so exhausted after walking for hours, then working out, I could barely finish my food...My stomach was hurting so bad and I thought it would explode. It's been getting better though. I'm looking forward to my first meal of the day in an hour!
    Welcome back!!! Glad to hear you're enjoying IF - I loved it too. One thing though - don't feel like you have to eat your PWO meal immediately. When I ran my IF diet, my fast was from 8pm to 12pm the following day (16 hours), with my feeding window from 12pm to 8pm. My workout session ended at 8am, so I still had 4 hours before eating. If you aren't already using BCAA's, get some (Purple Wraath has always been my go-to) and then don't worry about losing LBM. BCAA's pre and PWO, and if you have an extended period before eating like in my case, more BCAA's somewhere in between.

On that schedule, I was increasing strength each week, in nearly every lift - so don't worry!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Welcome back!!! Glad to hear you're enjoying IF - I loved it too. One thing though - don't feel like you have to eat your PWO meal immediately. When I ran my IF diet, my fast was from 8pm to 12pm the following day (16 hours), with my feeding window from 12pm to 8pm. My workout session ended at 8am, so I still had 4 hours before eating. If you aren't already using BCAA's, get some (Purple Wraath has always been my go-to) and then don't worry about losing LBM. BCAA's pre and PWO, and if you have an extended period before eating like in my case, more BCAA's somewhere in between.

On that schedule, I was increasing strength each week, in nearly every lift - so don't worry!

Thanks GB! My fasting period is from 9pm to 1pm...I eat my first meal at 1, 2nd meal at 6 and PWO meal at 9. I workout at about 7.30pm so I don't have much time before I have to start my fasting....And yeah I've been taing Purple Wraath during my workout and also when I do fasted cardio.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks GB! My fasting period is from 9pm to 1pm...I eat my first meal at 1, 2nd meal at 6 and PWO meal at 9. I workout at about 7.30pm so I don't have much time before I have to start my fasting....And yeah I've been taing Purple Wraath during my workout and also when I do fasted cardio.
    You're doin a fine job!

Progress updates again.....

This week has been kinda crappy....But here ya go anyway.

BF calipers went down to 8mm from 9mm...I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong but I'm happy either way. lol
    Measurements :

Arm : Went down to 9.5 from 9.75. Hopefully I lost some fat.
    Waist: Down to 22 from 22.5. Yay!
    Butt: 32. Went down a bit.
    Stomach: 26.5 Went down 1/2 inch.
    Leg: 18 Stayed the same.
    Calf: 12.5

Pics don't show much improvement either. I did a couple of side by side pics from last week to this week...

week3-2 by slfmade, on Flickr

progress4 by slfmade, on Flickr

progress3 by slfmade, on Flickr

I've been terrible the past few days. Friday I didn't go to the gym because I was feeling sick and had a nasty headache...And then Monday rolled around and I WAS sick. It sucked...I feel terribly guilty that I didn't go to the gym two days. I'm usually one fo those people who sucks it up and goes to workout. But my stomach was killing me I could barely stand and combined with the throwing up it was no good. I guess it happens sometimes. No more sick days though.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    hey woman, looks like you are killing it! i have been doing the IF diet since the beginning of the year and i love it! it is so much easier to keep tract of everything when you are eating it in 2/3 meals. i like the purple wraath but i like the taste of xtend better, especially the watermelon!

It wouldn't let me upload the rest of the pics...

progress2 by slfmade, on Flickr

progress by slfmade, on Flickr

This last one has the progress from the starting pics to now.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nice Job Honey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    hey woman, looks like you are killing it! i have been doing the IF diet since the beginning of the year and i love it! it is so much easier to keep tract of everything when you are eating it in 2/3 meals. i like the purple wraath but i like the taste of xtend better, especially the watermelon!

Thanks buddy! Yeah I like the IF too...except for the fact that it gives me stomach aches when I eat so much at one time...I might have to eat more often during my eating period. I should try the Xtend next time...I'm not crazy about the taste of Purple Wraath...

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    Nice Job Honey!!!
    Thank you honey!

fitchick25 is offline Female Member
    Hey Browngirl! Just started reading your log and great job on your progress! I also just wanted to tell you, i recently just started using a new brand of bcaas, N'gage. They're awesome! They taste really good and dissolve completely, you should check them out! I don't know if you ever looked into where they get the bcaas from but i've read that some lower grade brands use duck feathers and human hair! That's kinda disturbing lol, but then again i've probably eaten worse things before. Anyways, keep up the great work, i'm definitely gonna be following you, you look great!

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    I can see the changes in your abdominal area. Kudo's....

One thing...for goodness sakes girl...stand tall!!!! Head up....shoulders back!

Show 'em what ya got BGirl! You are doing great.
    Author Unknown

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Wow. U r doing awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    x2, great job BG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fitchick25 View Post
    Hey Browngirl! Just started reading your log and great job on your progress! I also just wanted to tell you, i recently just started using a new brand of bcaas, N'gage. They're awesome! They taste really good and dissolve completely, you should check them out! I don't know if you ever looked into where they get the bcaas from but i've read that some lower grade brands use duck feathers and human hair! That's kinda disturbing lol, but then again i've probably eaten worse things before. Anyways, keep up the great work, i'm definitely gonna be following you, you look great!
    Hi Fitchick!!! Thank you very much! I've been on your log too and you're dong amazing as well...I'll stop by again.. Yeah I'll def check the N'Gage out. Ew....duck feathers and human hair?? lol That's terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post

One thing...for goodness sakes girl...stand tall!!!! Head up....shoulders back!
    Thanks Kawi...I wish my stomach would look like that all day instead of bloating!! And hehe I've always had bad posture.. need to work on it...

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Show 'em what ya got BGirl! You are doing great.
    Thanks SM!!! As are you!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    Wow. U r doing awesome!!!
    Thank you girlie...I'm trying! lol

x2, great job BG!!!
    Thanks GB!

So I don't know how any of you get all your food down....I just feel sick thinking about food now. I tried spreading out my pre workout meal into a couple of meals, but I still couldn't finish my oats. My stomach felt like it would literally explode! My non lift days are fine..I still don't feel like eating but at least it isn't terrible. And lately I've been feeling sick to my stomach and dizzy...The other day during my fasting period I was cooking and usually the smell makes me hungry but I felt so nauseous whenever I smelled anything. This sucks! I wonder why this is happening.......

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    I havent read that far back as i am on the phone and in the gym working out but that only happened to me at the beginning of the diet when i went from 3 meals to 5 but after a week my body started asking for more, now i eat 8 meals easy and to be honest i could eat 16 because after an hour of me eaten i am hungry already!!

Hope the feelin gets better

Thanks Papi....I sure hope so!!! I'm jealous! lol

Week 5 of the workout - CHECK!

Went up on weight for the squats. Thought I would simply pass out at one point but hung in there. Whole workout went pretty well...I pushed myself a little harder today. Absolutely exhausted.

So I don't know how any of you get all your food down....I just feel sick thinking about food now. I tried spreading out my pre workout meal into a couple of meals, but I still couldn't finish my oats. My stomach felt like it would literally explode! My non lift days are fine..I still don't feel like eating but at least it isn't terrible. And lately I've been feeling sick to my stomach and dizzy...The other day during my fasting period I was cooking and usually the smell makes me hungry but I felt so nauseous whenever I smelled anything. This sucks! I wonder why this is happening.......
    hum....never got sick, but there were days I couldn't eat all the food. hang in there!

Thanks GGR...I think it might be getting better...

So I think my weight may have hit a plateau. No bueno. Unless I've lost a bit of body fat. I do feel a little fatter though....but that might be just the incredible bloating that I'm experiencing. On my lift days by the end of the day I look pregnant!

A plateau is not fun. I have heard it has to be at least 2 weeks for it to really be one. Something like that. You will work thru it. All of the sudden you are surprised! And a good surprise indeed.
    Author Unknown

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Alright...I'm back. Thank you TBody, Sexy and Kawi! I've been on the diet and working out...just haven't had the time to log anything. Been at a convention all week, and by the time I got home I was exhausted. Since we were constantly walking this week and didn't have time to actually eat every two hours, Slfmade and I have been doing the IF diet. Macros haven't been perfect but I'm pretty sure I hit right at or under my calories. Not expecting to gain any muscle this week, but hopefully I won't gain any fat either. I felt bad because I ate a macaroon and had a beer and a half. Oh well, can't beat myself up over it though. Just gotta jump back in the saddle.

im the same way! ...and even though I had checked out of my diet...I was still IF 2x aweek ~I JUST LOVE IT!!!

How are you IF ? 12hour, 24 hour ...how many times a week? ...just woundering

plateus sure are tuff, and usualy my kriptonite. I get too easyily discouraged when massive time/energy is placed in training/food and I get zero return for a long time. BUT you my dear will certainly push threw this and see great resuts!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    A plateau is not fun. I have heard it has to be at least 2 weeks for it to really be one. Something like that. You will work thru it. All of the sudden you are surprised! And a good surprise indeed.

Yeah.. Hopefully it'll get better! I'm probably going to increase my calories on my non lift days upto TDEE...Maybe that'll help...I seem to be a hard gainer! Thank you for your encouragement Slimmer!

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    im the same way! ...and even though I had checked out of my diet...I was still IF 2x aweek ~I JUST LOVE IT!!!

How are you IF ? 12hour, 24 hour ...how many times a week? ...just woundering

plateus sure are tuff, and usualy my kriptonite. I get too easyily discouraged when massive time/energy is placed in training/food and I get zero return for a long time. BUT you my dear will certainly push threw this and see great resuts!
    Oh you do the IF too? Nice. Actually I do the IF every single day...16 hour fasting window with an 8 hour feeding window. It's kinda hard fitting all that food into 8 hours! lol

Thanks so much for the support hon....I really appreciate it!

I love the IF craze around here lately!! I'm a big advocate as you probably already know!

I love the IF craze around here lately!! I'm a big advocate as you probably already know!

Oh yeah! Actually we started it because you had recommended it to Slfmade! Thanks for that GB!

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Lookin Good BG!

i'm gonna check out that IF diet....i wonder if mac and cheese is a staple?

Oh yeah! Actually we started it because you had recommended it to Slfmade! Thanks for that GB!
    Nice!!!

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Great to see you going strong brown girl. Good job

Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    Lookin Good BG!

i'm gonna check out that IF diet....i wonder if mac and cheese is a staple?

Thanks TCW! Hahaha I wish!!! I'm sure I'd be able to get all my food down then! lol

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    Great to see you going strong brown girl. Good job

Thanks KJ!

BG you have a twin...I swear!!! she works out at one of my gyms and everytime I see her, I think of you!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    BG you have a twin...I swear!!! she works out at one of my gyms and everytime I see her, I think of you!
    Haha I wonder if that's my EVIL twin!

Thread Information