saulakh is offline New Member

Diet help needed

So im 21 yrs old, 6'3 at 300 probably 20% bf, not sure exact number. Was in great shape 2 yrs ago but work and school took ovr my life.
    Now im getting back into healthy lifestyle. Im always on the go and dont have much time to prepare meals so please take that into factor when criticizing my diet plan. So plan is to drop to 240 before summer which gives me 5 months. A more short term goal is to be 275 by end of feb. I will be going to the gym 5 days a week consisting of cardio and light weight lifting, but mainly cardio. So this is my diet plan ive made

Meal 1- Cup of skim milk
    - Cup of oats
    - 1 whole egg
    - 4 egg whites

Meal 2- Whey isolate protein shake
    - Apple
    -Banana

Meal 3- Can of tuna w/ little mayo
    - Plain yogurt
    - Oz of almonds

Meal 4- Lean ground beef
    -Plain yogurt

Meal 5- Chicken breast
    -Swiss cheese
    -Plain yogurt
    -Apple

Meal 6- Post workout Protein shake

Meal 7- Chicken breast
    -Cottage cheese

This works out to be:
    Protein-352grams
    Carbs- 200grams
    Fat- 45grams
    And approx 3000 calories
    Tedd was calculated to be 3400

Any help or information will help greatly. I work fulltime and go school fulltime so i dont get much time to prepare my meals and pretty much have to make 5 of the 7 meals to go. So if u know some good quick meals that i might be able to fit into my diet plan it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by saulakh View Post
    So im 21 yrs old, 6'3 at 300 probably 20% bf, not sure exact number. Was in great shape 2 yrs ago but work and school took ovr my life.
    Now im getting back into healthy lifestyle. Im always on the go and dont have much time to prepare meals so please take that into factor when criticizing my diet plan. So plan is to drop to 240 before summer which gives me 5 months. A more short term goal is to be 275 by end of feb. I will be going to the gym 5 days a week consisting of cardio and light weight lifting, but mainly cardio. So this is my diet plan ive made

Meal 1- Cup of skim milk
    - Cup of oats
    - 1 whole egg
    - 4 egg whites

Meal 2- Whey isolate protein shake
    - Apple could you have just one fruit here? so to not spike your insulin so much?
    -Banana

Meal 3- Can of tuna w/ little mayo
    - Plain yogurt what kind? greek?
    - Oz of almonds

Meal 4- Lean ground beef
    -Plain yogurt

Meal 5- Chicken breast
    -Swiss cheese how much?
    -Plain yogurt
    -Apple

Meal 6- Post workout Protein shake

Meal 7- Chicken breast
    -Cottage cheese

This works out to be:
    Protein-352grams
    Carbs- 200grams
    Fat- 45grams
    And approx 3000 calories
    Tedd was calculated to be 3400

Any help or information will help greatly. I work fulltime and go school fulltime so i dont get much time to prepare my meals and pretty much have to make 5 of the 7 meals to go. So if u know some good quick meals that i might be able to fit into my diet plan it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Welcome to the Nutrition forum!

Your life is about to change. Keep in mind slow wins the race and consistency is key.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by saulakh View Post
    so im 21 yrs old, 6'3 at 300 probably 20% bf, not sure exact number. Was in great shape 2 yrs ago but work and school took ovr my life.

meal 1- cup of skim milk drop it
    - cup of oats dry weight or cooked?weigh everyth dry
    - 1 whole egg
    - 4 egg whites

meal 2- whey isolate protein shake can u not have real food protein here and some fibrous veggie???
    - apple drop
    -banana drop

meal 3- can of tuna w/ little mayo id lose the mayo
    - plain yogurt
    - oz of almonds how bout green veggies instead

meal 4- lean ground beef
    -plain yogurt how bout green veg instead

meal 5- chicken breast
    -swiss cheese drop it
    -plain yogurt
    -apple oats be a better pre w/o carb

meal 6- post workout protein shake add oats or sweet potato pwo

meal 7- chicken breast
    -cottage cheese
    here may be a good place for the almonds if macros permits

this works out to be:
    Protein-352grams
    carbs- 200grams
    fat- 45grams
    and approx 3000 calories
    tedd was calculated to be 3400 u wanna calculate tdee on lbm...need bf% to do this.. Prob 20% wont cut it

any help or information will help greatly. I work fulltime and go school fulltime so i dont get much time to prepare my meals and pretty much have to make 5 of the 7 meals to go. So if u know some good quick meals that i might be able to fit into my diet plan it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    everything on here is guesswork until u get ur bf% assuming ur tdee is indeed 3400 cals u wanna have greater deficit than 400 .. Tdee estimates a bit high
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 01-09-2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: meal 2 revision :)

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    if ur gonna do cardio in the afternoon/evening i recommend u get in a weight session first then do ur cardio PWO... u can also do ur cardio in the morning before u eat anything for the day..(thats when i do mine)

Thread Information