Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Post 318 that is ^^^

slfmade is offline Productive Member
    Well, Back Day is done!!! After I completed my workout I went back to pull ups and decided to 1 set doing just the negative. It sounds stupid, but right now my goal is to be able to do 4x10 pull ups without any assistance. Today I used the assisted pull up machine, but to complete all 3 sets I had to use the 55lbs plate which put me at pulling up 135lbs. Even this was a stuggle getting all 10 reps out on every set.

Tomorrow I start my first no carb day of the carb cycle. I'm crossing my fingers and hope it's not gonna be as hard as it seems in my head. I guess we'll see...

Good luck.. Hope u have a veggie to put with every meal i used to be the same with pullups.. Lats sucked.. Theyre just startn to come in a bit..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Good luck.. Hope u have a veggie to put with every meal i used to be the same with pullups.. Lats sucked.. Theyre just startn to come in a bit..
    I have 1 cup of brocolli and 1 cup of asparagus for every meal. That seems like It'll be enough.

Ive found weighing broc to be easier of course what kinda anal retentive a-hole have i become to even have a need to weigh freakin broccoli! LOL..

So my first no/low carb day and I'm pretty miserable...but not in the way you might think. I'm so freakin stuffed this 2nd meal is gonna take me an hour to get down. Even though is less calories it feels like more. I guess there's a big difference between eating a 3/4cup oats and 2 cups of veggies. It's killing me!

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Is it OK to juice the veggies?

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    Is it OK to juice the veggies?
    I would think so, but that would taste awful!!! NO Thanks...I'm gonna have to figure out something else though, cause I can't do this again tomorrow. It's been 45min since I started eating and I'm only half way done.

Did Fasted Cardio this morning = 50 min LIC

I did back yesterday, and I'm crazy sore today. My lats are killing me...which is good because they're NEVER sore.

I need some help from you guys. When I do pull ups I burn out my biceps for some reason. I try to keep really good form the entire time, but half way through my set I always start feeling my biceps burn. I feel like; because my lats are so small, my biceps have to do a lot of the work. I've watched just about every youtube video about proper width and form, and I even have Browngirl watch me to make sure I'm keeping proper form, but for whatever reason I'm still feeling it hit my biceps hard.

A few things to point out. My biceps were burning last night, but they're not sore today. The opposite is true with my lats. They weren't hurting last night, but they're very sore today. I've also noticed that the posterior lats are where I'm having the soreness. I feel hardly any pain in the anterior portion of the lats. I don't know if that means anything, but I thought it worth noting.

PoSterior; anterior.. Yeh u lost me Dr. Slf

I find when doing pullups (front grip) if i hold and squeeze at the top of the movement it really engages my lats.. Like u my lats sucked up until a few months ago.. All i did were pulldowns (couldnt do pullups).. It took awhile but theyre finally coming around.. I think the reason i coyldnt do them (and this is prob similar to ur problem) is cuz i didnt really have lats to speak of.. Tbey had to grow! It seems now that theyre growing/ have grown it gets easier each time make sense??

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    Did Fasted Cardio this morning = 50 min LIC

I need some help from you guys. When I do pull ups I burn out my biceps for some reason. I try to keep really good form the entire time, but half way through my set I always start feeling my biceps burn. I feel like; because my lats are so small, my biceps have to do a lot of the work. I've watched just about every youtube video about proper width and form, and I even have Browngirl watch me to make sure I'm keeping proper form, but for whatever reason I'm still feeling it hit my biceps hard.
    What grip are you using? I do parallel close grip and they really hit my lats. Here is a link that is a great resource for exercises. http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

PoSterior; anterior.. Yeh u lost me Dr. Slf

I find when doing pullups (front grip) if i hold and squeeze at the top of the movement it really engages my lats.. Like u my lats sucked up until a few months ago.. All i did were pulldowns (couldnt do pullups).. It took awhile but theyre finally coming around.. I think the reason i coyldnt do them (and this is prob similar to ur problem) is cuz i didnt really have lats to speak of.. Tbey had to grow! It seems now that theyre growing/ have grown it gets easier each time make sense??
    LOL - Anterior is the front of your body, so in this case the anterior portion of the lats would be closer to your armpit; whereas posterior would be the side of your lats that are closer to your back. So basically the lat portion that you see when doing a front pose vs the lat portion you see when doing back pose.

Yes my lats suck!!! It's probably the most underdeveloped muscle group I have. I try to do the squeeze at the top of the movement and see how that works. Thanks for your input! Now go take an Anatomy Class!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    What grip are you using? I do parallel close grip and they really hit my lats. Here is a link that is a great resource for exercises. http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
    Thanks for the link bikeral - I'll check it out!

Hey i learned sumthn.. Thx im curious how do u work them individually?? Like focus on each one?

Hey i learned sumthn.. Thx im curious how do u work them individually?? Like focus on each one?
    The Hell if I know. I don't know if there is a way. I just found it weird and thought maybe someone may have experienced it before

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Try this guys: sitting pulldown on a cable with a rope attached, but one Arm at a time!
    Try bringing the ellbow as far down and back as you can and Hold in there and squeeezeeee. Overall slow Tempo to allow a good stretch when letting the weight go up.
    This allows me to pump up my lats like nothing else and you can work them individually :-)

So Last Night I did shoulders/Arms/Abs. I really liked the workout. I didn't do the rest pause on biceps curls because I walked in with a case of DOMS. I'm feeling pretty good today though. I must have worked out a little of the soreness!

Question: What exercises to you guys use to work your obliques? I'm doing a lot of side crunches, but I just don't my obliques being targeted as well as I would like!

I always forget to do my Cardio Updates! Did 50min Fasted LIC Cardio this morning.

Another Question for you guys. I take my BCAA's before fasted cardio every morning and also on Friday before/during my lifts (since I don't have any complex carbs on Fridays). Should I be taking the BCAA's every night or just when doing fasted cardio and lift days that don't have complex carbs in the mix?

The best thing gor obliques ive found is dropping bodyfat! LOL..!

Other than that have ur girl stand with her feet straddling ur head facing ur feet and keep ur legs strait and do leg lifts and have her catch ur feet and push them hard to the left and the right towards the floor .. For cardio if ur motivated enuff a heavy bag and punches are good and kicks are great!

U coukd also do the oldschool twist with the broomstick or use an ez curl bar with maybe 5lbs on each side..

The best thing gor obliques ive found is dropping bodyfat! LOL..!

Other than that have ur girl stand with her feet straddling ur head facing ur feet and keep ur legs strait and do leg lifts and have her catch ur feet and push them hard to the left and the right towards the floor .. For cardio if ur motivated enuff a heavy bag and punches are good and kicks are great!

U coukd also do the oldschool twist with the broomstick or use an ez curl bar with maybe 5lbs on each side..
    LMAO!!!! Was wondering where you were gonna go with that for a sec!!!! LOL

I only take bcaa pre fasted cardio and post fasted cardio on zero carb days.. Maybe i should before lifting on zero carb days but i figd since im eating protein before Nd after im good..

LMAO!!!! Was wondering where you were gonna go with that for a sec!!!! LOL
    LOL well.. For motivation u coukd have her wear a skirt LOL

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Have never trained my obliques in my life! I fear that doing it could overall broaden the area too much, which I dont find aesthetic..
    Also they do lots of stabilizing in the heavy ass compound movements, so I believe they get enough work by that.

But then again, I need to get bf low enough to really see them haha :-) maybe i'll change my view then

^^ i learned the hard way the best thing for obliques is fatloss!! Which is why it wat i said first earlier.. Love handles are a huge trouble spot for me.. I used to work my butt off back when i thought doing ab work would get rid of bodyfat (LOL) .. i can say with confidence today my love handles are completely gone.. All due to loss of bf%..

Funny though slf one thing i HAVE Noticed thats helpd make the waist look better.. LATS!! Now when i look at meself from an angke i can see my lats come all the way down and wrap into my obliques.. Its awesome man !!!

Thanks for your input guys. I agree with you 405 about the lats which is why I'm working so hard to improve them. I'm well aware that a person can't spot reduce which is why I said obliques and not love handles. The reason I asked was just for basic core reasons. As I mentioned above I feel my workout in the rectus Abdominis, but I feel my obliques are lacking a good workout. No worries though....I did some weighted side bends and I'm hurting pretty bad this morning so I found something that seemed to work for me. Thanks again for your help though.

Today is my First High Carb Day. Yaaaayyyy!!!!

The NO/Low Carb days I've been doing haven't been bad in terms of Hungar, and now that I've tweaked a few things it's made it easy. I'm Really Looking to my High Carb Day today just because I'm ready for some RICE. LOL...That's what I look forward to now....Rice!!!! Funny how things change. I can't imagine too many people saying "I can't wait to eat 2 cups of brown rice". I find it funny!

So last Monday my weight was 190lbs. Today I weighed in at 180lbs exactly. That a 10lbs drop. I can't imagine it was all fat, but I'm praying I didn't lose any LBM. I'm thinking the majority of it was water weight. When I weighed in last week It was after a high carb day as opposed to today which was after 3 days of no carbs. I also think the clen is drying me out a bit as it seems it makes you sweat all the water out.

Still, it kinda scares me because I feel smaller which I know is bound to happen when cutting. I think before I change my diet around I'm gonna give it another week so I can compare apples to apples.

I know this goes against the normal rules, but I think I'm gonna start tracking my weight 3 days per week. Once on Monday Morning (after High Carb day), again on Thursday Morning (after 3 days of Mod Carb), and on Sunday Morning(after the completion of that week). Hopefully this'll tell me a bit better how my body is responding to the fluctations in carbs and calories.

Yeh slf i went thru the same thing man my weight drop was about 5-6 lbs but i was going from a cutting low carb (100g) to the carb cycle.. Which is difft than u going from a bulk to carb cycle dont worry dude i felt small on sat and sundays too.. Enjoy ur rice (mine is oats and sweet potatoes) and by tuesday ull be g2g again if u notice in my thread i was worried last week 2 at 183 and went rite back up.. Also today i weighed 184 so 1lb heavier on same day of cycle and same circumstances..

I even read someqhere about the misleadingness( dont think tats a word ) of the scale while cycling carbs..

Curious to the tweaks u made???

P.s. I think im gonna eat 6cups oats today for my 300g

Yeh slf i went thru the same thing man my weight drop was about 5-6 lbs but i was going from a cutting low carb (100g) to the carb cycle.. Which is difft than u going from a bulk to carb cycle dont worry dude i felt small on sat and sundays too.. Enjoy ur rice (mine is oats and sweet potatoes) and by tuesday ull be g2g again if u notice in my thread i was worried last week 2 at 183 and went rite back up.. Also today i weighed 184 so 1lb heavier on same day of cycle and same circumstances..

I even read someqhere about the misleadingness( dont think tats a word ) of the scale while cycling carbs..

Curious to the tweaks u made???

P.s. I think im gonna eat 6cups oats today for my 300g
    I haven't made any tweaks yet, but if I do it won't be adding carbs. It'll more than likely be increased protein and/or fats(my fats are currently on at about 30g/day) This way I'll have slightly higher calories. I just have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that my calories are too low. I think my carbs are fine, but I feel like my overall calories are just too much under TDEE. I'm at 1000cals under TDEE (and this is the TDEE scale that I use - not the one you use. If I were using the one you use I would probably be closer to 1500cals under TDEE) and that just makes me feel like I'm gonna lose LBM. For now though I'm gonna wait it out and see for another week.

Oh and I'm doing 3 cups of brown rice and 2 cups of oats today!!! Just had my oats and I'm lovin it. Next two meals are 1 1/2 cups of brown rice each!!!

Fyi since were so close my macro breakdown is:
    290g pro
    150g carbs
    42g fat

This is moderate days.. I dont focus on cals just protein and carbs.. Let the fat fall where it falls.. I keep pro at 290 7 days per week..

RaginCajun is online now Pissing Excellence!
    chuggin along i see. how are you liking the MT II? i am thinking about getting some. i think i am the same macros as you guys as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    chuggin along i see. how are you liking the MT II? i am thinking about getting some. i think i am the same macros as you guys as well.
    So far I like it. I'm about a week and half in and I'm getting darker. I've only been to the tanning beds once though. I think by the end of the month I should look pretty good tan wise. It kinda sucks injecting everyday (it doesn't hurt, it just seems like a chore) so I'll be glad to when I start my maintanence dose.

Chk out my latest post in my thread

Chk out my latest post in my thread
    Link it next time, now I've gotta go find it. Damnit!!!! LOL

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ok so I have been watching your post...waiting for some progress pix ~ sadly none lol
    with all this dedication and hard work from you ... are you seeing any results yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    ok so I have been watching your post...waiting for some progress pix ~ sadly none lol
    with all this dedication and hard work from you ... are you seeing any results yet?
    I've only been doing my cut for 1 week so it's kinda hard to tell this early. I'll be doing bi-weekly progress pics. First set will be up a week from today!!!! So stay tuned!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    i dont post much...but I def will be stayin tuned!!!
    no pressure...great results take great time regardless how you look, your bods healthy and strong ~ thats what truely matters

Well I finished high carb day yesterday and today starts the next three days of mod carbs.

I weighed in this morning hoping my weight went back up a little, but it's still at 180lbs.

Did 50min fasted LIC cardio this morning and I've got chest this afternoon. I'm excited about chest because after rest pause training I look huge!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Well I finished high carb day yesterday
    How did you feel today? How were your lifts?

Yeh slf i also did chest today we're on the same schedule.. I weighed 184 this am too just like yesterday .. Funny.. ActuLly got 225 for 6reps on incline today which is 1 more than i did last week..

Thread Information