JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member

Cutting Diet/Training Suggestions

Whatsup dudes and dudettes, semi-new to these forums. Not much of a poster but this site is filled with tons of information and experienced users and I love eatin this sh!t up.

Starting up an intense diet and training routine to cut some of this flab i got goin, trying to harden it up and look more lean. I just recently got out of the military and have about a 6month gap before i start my fall semester of school, so whats that mean? perfect time to fully focus on the gym and reach my goals. I've been training all throughout my 4 years in the military and 4 years before that i played football and baseball. I'm very athletic and sports are my life.

I have read through the top cutting stickies and am pretty confident in the diet i have built. Just looking for some inputs so i can tweak it and make it even better then it already is.

(1)1pack oatmeal/1 scoop whey
    (Workout) Cardio - 15mins HIIT, 30mins Low intensity
    (2) 1cup liquid egg whites/ 2 whole eggs
    (3) 6oz lean pro/veggies
    (4) 6oz lean pro/veggies
    (Workout) Weightlifting, 15mins HIIT
    (5) PWO 2pack oat/3 scoop whey
    (6) 6oz lean pro/veggies
    (7) 6oz lean pro/veggies
    (8) 1 scoop casein(before bed)

1930c 310p/90c/30f

my veggies consist of asparagus and broccoli because i can eat wheel-barrels of steamed broccoli and never get sick of it. Lean protein will consist of either tillapia, tuna, chicken, or ground turkey. Also i will adjust my diet and cardio intensity as time goes by and i see how my body reacts. This is my first few weeks cut and dry diet and cardio routine.

Inputs welcome, let's discuss, preeciate it fellas.

stats might help huh?

age - 22
    height -5'10
    weight -190lbs
    estimate around 18-20 bf %

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Johnny hows it goin man welcome to the forum.. Im at home and on my cell so i cant get into as much detail but ill try to be as helpful as i can.. I usually have to erase and retype every fifth word.. These keyboArds dont work well with my thumbs

For starters.. BF% which one is it? 18,19,20? U need to find out ... Also ur am cardio.. Ud do better to do it fasted.. Why eat thr oats before hand? U wanna take advantage of ur nitely fast in the am cardio session.. Id wait til after ur cardio to eat the oats..

I notice u say ur eating "packs" of oats?? Does that mean instant and flavored?? If so u need to drop it now and change to regular oats.. Not instant.. Not flavored(another way to say loaded with sugar )...

That scoop of whey in meal 1 would be better changed to real food if poss.. Save the whey for PWO only...

I see u lift between meals 4 & 5?? How bout include a good carb(maybe sweet potato) with neal 4 to give u some energy for ur workout...

Obviously again in meal 5 PWO ur gonna want to change the oats packet(if i was correct) with regular oats...

Meals 6,7,8 look ok.. I prefer lowfat cott cheese myself rite before bed.. Also slow digesting protein and i like to eat

How many days/week u lifting?
    How many cardio?

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Johnny hows it goin man welcome to the forum.. Im at home and on my cell so i cant get into as much detail but ill try to be as helpful as i can.. I usually have to erase and retype every fifth word.. These keyboArds dont work well with my thumbs

For starters.. BF% which one is it? 18,19,20? U need to find out ... Also ur am cardio.. Ud do better to do it fasted.. Why eat thr oats before hand? U wanna take advantage of ur nitely fast in the am cardio session.. Id wait til after ur cardio to eat the oats..

I notice u say ur eating "packs" of oats?? Does that mean instant and flavored?? If so u need to drop it now and change to regular oats.. Not instant.. Not flavored(another way to say loaded with sugar )...

That scoop of whey in meal 1 would be better changed to real food if poss.. Save the whey for PWO only...

I see u lift between meals 4 & 5?? How bout include a good carb(maybe sweet potato) with neal 4 to give u some energy for ur workout...

Obviously again in meal 5 PWO ur gonna want to change the oats packet(if i was correct) with regular oats...

Meals 6,7,8 look ok.. I prefer lowfat cott cheese myself rite before bed.. Also slow digesting protein and i like to eat

How many days/week u lifting?
    How many cardio?
    405 my man, appreciate the feedback, lets get it laid out on the table.

BF is 18%.

I'm a fan of fasted cardio and love it, reading around a bit i saw a user mentioning maybe just some whey and oatmeal in the morning to give me a little energy boost in the am before the cardio, and waking up on an empty stomach i want to minimize the catabolism as much as i can. I can leave it out in the beginning because i know i wont have issues with energy but after a few weeks of this diet and on the limited carbs i know i will start to slow down. Fasted HIIT is tempting though, ill give it a whirl my first couple of weeks.

I stick with the oats they come in the packets and i eat nothing but original flavor, they're kinda like on-the-go oatmeal packs.

You're right, if my energy starts to take a dump ill probably swap my morning carbs to pre-work out, i eat a ton of veggies and that usually keeps my energy in check along with some caffeine or maybe even running a ECA stack along with this.

I do weight training 5 days a week with high reps medium weight with drop sets and tri sets. I try to focus on minimal rest and keep the pump and heart rate going. Cardio is same days as weight training but cardio only on one of my off weights days, so 6 days a week for cardio.

I was curious if you guys would do 1 muscle group a day instead of multiple in 1 day of training? I forgot to mention ill be including xtend BCAAs and glutamine to my diet.

johnny as far as the fasted cardio in the am (i forgot to mention this last nite) add 10g bcaa(u mentioned u were gonna include it anyways) pre fasted cardio and itll combat catabolism.. make sure to eat ur eggs/oats rite after ur dun.. thats what i do and ive been cutting for 14 weeks and droppd 23 lbs and 0 LBM...

i also eat 100g carbs/day and i manage to get carbs in meals 1,pre w/o and PWO.. i wasnt suggesting u move carbs from meal 1 to pre w/o but simply adding carbs to pre w/o and maybe reducing carbs PWO...

it appears ur not gonna switch to reg oats and stay with the packets?? thats ur choice.. i recommend against it..

as far as workouts go i have 2 difft routines currently..one of them is 1 bodypart/day and the other focuses on 2... will be getting a 3rd routine in a few weeks that way i can mix things up more and more..

good luck

Cool deal, im gonna do fasted cardio in the am with bcaas before i go. Also im gonna split my pwo shake in half and move half to preworkout which i belive will be perfect, 30g of carbs and protein post and pre. I havnt picked up my food yet but i will deffinetly pick up the whole oats.

Curious with ur 1 muscle group a day, do you keep it high reps and light weight with minimal rest periods?

I Do light weight high reps one week then switch the next to low rep high weight .. And just keep switchin it up..

Glad to hear ur makn the switch on the oats Whenever theres a question to me i always go with whats been proven to work!! When it comes to carbs good ole yams and whole oats make the cut everytime!

I cant remember (and too lazy to check) if i told u but im currently cutting at 300P/100C/55F and ive had great success so far with NO LBM LOSS... Started at 213lbs and down to 190lbs in 14 weeks.. I think ull be pleased with ur macro breakdown.. Be sure to monitor ur bf weekly if possible so u can keep close eye on not only bf% but also LBM..

Here's my edited diet, i actually started today with some fasted cardio when i first woke up and just finished weight training right now. Heres my diet as is now.

BCAA's 3 scoop
    (1)1pack oatmeal/1 scoop whey 1cup egg whites/ 2 whole eggs - 490c 64p/30c/8f
    (2)PREWO 1pack oat/1.5 scoop whey - 290c 30p/30c/0f
    BCAA's 3 scoop
    (3) POWO 2pack oat/3 scoop whey - 290c 30p/30c/0f
    (4) 6oz lean pro/veggies - 200c 40p/0c/0f
    BCAA's 3 scoop
    (5) 6oz lean pro/veggies - 200c 40p/0c/0f
    (6) 6oz lean pro/veggies - 200c 40p/0c/0f
    (7) 1 scoop casein - 120c 24p/0c/0f

1800c 270p/90c/30f

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze View Post
    Here's my edited diet, i actually started today with some fasted cardio when i first woke up and just finished weight training right now. Heres my diet as is now.

BCAA's 3 scoop
    (1)1pack oatmeal/ 1 scoop whey 1cup egg whites/ 2 whole eggs - 490c 64p/30c/8f
    (2)PREWO 1pack oat/1.5 scoop whey - 290c 30p/30c/0f
    BCAA's 3 scoop
    (3) POWO 2pack oat/3 scoop whey - 290c 30p/30c/0f
    (4) 6oz lean pro/veggies - 200c 40p/0c/0f
    BCAA's 3 scoop
    (5) 6oz lean pro/veggies - 200c 40p/0c/0f
    (6) 6oz lean pro/veggies - 200c 40p/0c/0f
    (7) 1 scoop casein - 120c 24p/0c/0f

1800c 270p/90c/30f
    Looks like u need to add 30g carbs ...

See ur still with the oat "packs"..?

Other than those i think ur not eating enuff cAls.. I think u need to be closer to 2000-2200 if ur 190 at 18% ur BMR is 1900cals...

So upon further inspection u didnt factor in fat with meAt or carbs with veggies and meals 2&3 have same macros which is impossible...

I would suggest if u wanna have good results to put a little more effort into ur diet plan cuz it looks like u just threw some stuff up there .. I mean lean meat/veggies with 0 fat And 0carbs and 200 cals ??

Cmon dude...

Thread Information