Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    billgates is offline Junior Member

Tren Ace/Test 400 - Cutting cycle

Ok so up until a few days ago I have been getting all of my diet and cycle advice locally from someone who others would consider very knowledgeable. It never occured to me to cross reference everything he has told me with other knowledgeable sources (online). Once he started saying things that just didn't add up, I decided to do my own research to verify everything he was saying. From a single 12 hour period of research I have already completely modified the cycle he set me up with and am now looking to perfect my diet. I feel great about my cycle and dosages, it is my third cycle and my first time using Tren . Stats are as follows:

28 yrs old
    6'1
    19% BF
    Lifting 4 years consistently

Cycle:

1-10 280mg Test400 EOD
    1-8 100mg Tren EOD
    3-14 12.5mg Aromasin ED
    14-16 6.25mg Aromasin ED

PCT

12-16
    Clomid 50/25/25/25 Nolva 40/20/20/20
    HCG (not here yet, still researching dosage)

As all of you know, you can read 10000 different opinions about how to properly diet. I do notice that there are some consistencies though. I have decided that I definitely need to eat 6 meals a day and take in 400+ grams of protein. This for me is easy. The rest I am not so sure about. Also since I am a fat piece of shit, I am going to be adding cardio. This was something that just was not an option in the past due to my schedule. It always came down to me having to choose cardio or lifting and I always went with weights. Now that I will be taking an online class this semester, it frees up my mornings on tues and thurs and I can now add in much needed cardio!

Anyway back to my diet. I want to figure out how to get maximum results out of the Tren as far as lowering my BF while maintaining my strength and not sacrificing ANY muscle growth whatsoever. I thought I figured all that out by reading the article on bodybuilding .com recommended at the top of this forum. The link is: www .bodybuilding com/fun/berardi41 .htm After reading that I designed a 5000 calorie diet, 6 meals a day, alternating between protein/fat and protein/carb meals. I thought it was perfect.... Until I posted in the Anabolic thread on this site and no one liked it. They referred me here. Here is the diet I came up with:

Targets

4484 calories 450g protein

MORNING SHAKE - protein /carb (8:30)

200 protein scoop x2[50]
    290 oatmeal - 2 cups[12]
    105 banana
    244 2 cups fat free milk[17]

BREAKFAST - protein /fat (9:30)

200 egg x2[13]
    126 bacon x3[9]
    282 3 tbls peanut butter[12]
    fish oil tab x2

MID SHAKE - protein /carb (12:30)

200 protein scoop x2[50]
    244 2 cups fat free milk[17]
    105 banana 420 handful mixed nuts and dried fruit[6]

LUNCH - protein /fat (2:30)

328 chicken breast[35]
    125 onions
    68 2 cups green beans
    225 can of tuna[26]
    fish oil tab x2

PRE DINNER SNACK (5:30)

270 Cliff builders bar[20]

DINNER - protein /fat (8:00)

328 chicken breast[35]
    31 bell peppers
    30 lettuce
    226 cheese[14]
    62 sour cream

PWO SHAKE - protein /carb (10:00)

200 protein scoop x2[50]
    244 2 cups milk[17]
    290 oatmeal - 2 cups[12]
    200 32oz gatorade

Calories= 5043 Protein = 395

What should I do to this diet so that I come out of this with max gains and max fat loss?
    Last edited by billgates; 01-18-2012 at 03:03 PM.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Hey bill and welcome to the forum man

2 very important factors with u IMO:

1. Ur bf% is too high to cycle

2. Ur diet is terrible( WAY too many cals and the wrong kinds of aLot of stuff)

Sorry to sound harsh but wanted to make things very clear rite off the rip..

I do have a suggestion for u.. We can get ur diet in good shape for cutting and in prob 6 months or so u can re evaluate the whole cycle thing.. I wouldnt want to cycle unless i was down to 12% bf .. And dont recommend u do either.. Not to mention if u use the diet u currently have posted ur just gonna get fatter.. Again im just here to help.. U need to understand the proper way to diet before starting an AAS cycle.. I can show u how if ud like..

Please help me with my diet. I already started the cycle and do not want to stop. I have all my PCT in place. If I can't get some guidance ill end up just trying to figure it out on my own and probably do it all wrong. At least point me in the right direction.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Just to double check your math, that is:

980mg/wk test
    350mg/wk tren

That is pretty heavy. I would lighten up unless you have a lot of cycling experience. I know this is the nutrition forum, but there are others more qualified than me to comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Just to double check your math, that is:

980mg/wk test
    350mg/wk tren

That is pretty heavy. I would lighten up unless you have a lot of cycling experience. I know this is the nutrition forum, but there are others more qualified than me to comment on that.

Yes those numbers are accurate. I did 980mg/wk test on my last cycle so used it again. And I researched 100mg/EOD for the tren.

I can lower the test to .5ml/shot and that will be 700mg/wk and lower the tren to .75ml/shot which will net me new totals of:

700mg/wk test
    262mg/wk tren

Will this still be affective? I'm already semi concerned this stuff is under dosed because its home brew. I don't get night sweats, never had a cough on injection, and my urine hasn't changed colors.

well to start out with u need to learn how to figure out ur basal metabolic rate and ur total daily energy expenditure.. its in the stickies at the top but since i like doing math ill spell it out for u.. u need to learn this formula ...

231lbs at 19%bf(is this accurate???)

231 x .19 = 43.89(lbs of fat)
    231 - 44 = 187(lbs LBM)
    187 x .4536 = 84.82(LBM KG)
    (84.82 x 21.6) + 370 = 2202(BMR-how many cals u need at rest/day)
    2202 x 1.55(working out 5 days/week) = 3413tdee

to cut u need to create a deficit from this number(3413)
    tdee tends to err to the high side .. i would recommend u start at 2500 cals/day.. 40/40/20 is the standard split to start but i think itll give u too many carbs..

ud be at 250g P/250g C/55g F

i think 250g carbs while cutting is too many..if i were u id start at 150g carbs ..so ur split would then be:
    350g protein
    150g carbs
    55g fat

u need to come up with a better diet than what u have.. the only carbs u need to eat are: oats(whole oats not instant), yams, brown rice, cottage cheese(2% or less in ur last meal), fibrous green veggies(broccoli,asparagus,spinach..etc..) and thats it

split ur 350g protein between 6 meals and split ur carbs equally in meal 1, pre workout, and post workout ( except for the cottage cheese and green veggies)

keep ur protein lean:boneless chk breast,93% or leaner ground beef(i use 96% fat free), tuna in can, eggwhites, tilapia, etc...

come up with a diet meeting these criteria and post it and we can have a look.. be sure to post meal times and workout times.. also CARDIO..how many days/week and for how long?? i suggest u wake up early in the am and do it then before u eat.. u need to try to do it 5-6 days per week.. get in some HIIT cardio when u can.. this am fasted cardio will really get the fat coming off.. cardio PWO is also good...

in the mean time ill also post ur current diet and highlight what i think is wrong with it just to give u an idea of where ur at..

Quote Originally Posted by billgates View Post
    ok so up until a few days ago i have been getting all of my diet and cycle advice locally from someone who others would consider very knowledgeable. It never occured to me to cross reference everything he has told me with other knowledgeable sources (online). Once he started saying things that just didn't add up, i decided to do my own research to verify everything he was saying. From a single 12 hour period of research i have already completely modified the cycle he set me up with and am now looking to perfect my diet. I feel great about my cycle and dosages, it is my third cycle and my first time using tren . Stats are as follows:

28 yrs old
    6'1
    19% bf
    lifting 4 years consistently

cycle:

1-10 280mg test400 eod
    1-8 100mg tren eod
    3-14 12.5mg aromasin ed
    14-16 6.25mg aromasin ed

pct

12-16
    clomid 50/25/25/25 nolva 40/20/20/20
    hcg (not here yet, still researching dosage)

as all of you know, you can read 10000 different opinions about how to properly diet. I do notice that there are some consistencies though. I have decided that i definitely need to eat 6 meals a day and take in 400+ grams of protein. This for me is easy. The rest i am not so sure about. Also since i am a fat piece of shit, i am going to be adding cardio. This was something that just was not an option in the past due to my schedule. It always came down to me having to choose cardio or lifting and i always went with weights. Now that i will be taking an online class this semester, it frees up my mornings on tues and thurs and i can now add in much needed cardio!

Anyway back to my diet. I want to figure out how to get maximum results out of the tren as far as lowering my bf while maintaining my strength and not sacrificing any muscle growth whatsoever. I thought i figured all that out by reading the article on bodybuilding .com recommended at the top of this forum. The link is: Www .bodybuilding com/fun/berardi41 .htm after reading that i designed a 5000 calorie diet, 6 meals a day, alternating between protein/fat and protein/carb meals. I thought it was perfect.... Until i posted in the anabolic thread on this site and no one liked it. They referred me here. Here is the diet i came up with:

Targets

4484 calories 450g protein way too many!!

morning shake - protein /carb (8:30)

200 protein scoop x2[50]
    290 oatmeal - 2 cups[12]
    105 banana drop
    244 2 cups fat free milk[17] drop

breakfast - protein /fat (9:30)

200 egg x2[13]
    126 bacon x3[9] drop
    282 3 tbls peanut butter[12] natural or not? Id eat this last if u need to supp fat
    fish oil tab x2

mid shake - protein /carb (12:30)

200 protein scoop x2[50]
    244 2 cups fat free milk[17] drop
    105 banana 420 handful mixed nuts and dried fruit[6] drop

lunch - protein /fat (2:30)

328 chicken breast[35]
    125 onions
    68 2 cups green beans hope theyre not canned
    225 can of tuna[26]
    fish oil tab x2

pre dinner snack (5:30)

270 cliff builders bar[20] not sure what this is but id drop it

dinner - protein /fat (8:00)

328 chicken breast[35]
    31 bell peppers
    30 lettuce
    226 cheese[14] drop
    62 sour cream drop

pwo shake - protein /carb (10:00)

200 protein scoop x2[50]
    244 2 cups milk[17] drop
    290 oatmeal - 2 cups[12] is this dry measurement?if not it needs to be and 2 cups dry is too much
    200 32oz gatorade drop

calories= 5043 protein = 395 ALSO U INCLUDED PROTEIN TOTALS BUT NO CARB OR FAT? THOSE R THE 2 U REALLY NEED TO WATCH WHILE CUTTING

what should i do to this diet so that i come out of this with max gains and max fat loss?
    diet needs alot of work.. ur gonna want to focus on fatloss and hanging onto LBM.. hard to make great gains eating at a deficit which is why i suggested waiting to cycle until u get the fat off...

What if I eat big and see this cycle out, put on Max amount of muscle, and then cut naturally for the next 3 months? Thank you very much for the info though.

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    First of all welcome! I have to agree with the other guys here. You probably should be cutting first to get your bf below about 15%, which is when you should start cycling. Otherwise you could be damaging your body. And like they said, the bacon's gotta go no matter if you're cutting or bulking. I wouldn't do the dried fruit either because they usually have a ton of sugar.

Your protein need to be about 1.5 - 2 times your LBM. Also you should post how many carbs and fats you're getting. That way your diet can be critiqued better.

Anyways, goodluck!

Well if u "eat big" as in the diet u proposed for this cycle(which i dont think u should be doing) chances are very likely itll take alot more than 3 months to cut the fat off u accumulate and ur prob gonna lose all ur gains in the process.. I gave u everything i think u need.. What u do with it is ur deAl dude.. Good luck.. Ur gonna need it

Just did my body fat again at work and it said 236lbs 17% fat. Its the ones with the metal grips on it. I don't know how accurate.... I'm fully clothed with shoes right now which is why I'm now 236. I'm going to start cardio on an empty stomach 6 days a week, 45min a day and continue lifting 5 days a week. On the days I have class ill just wake up earlier. I will redisign the diet completely and notate everything including fats and carbs. Ill post it here for critique.

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Awesome on posting your reworked diet soon. Oh yeah, those hand held ones are usually not accurate at all. Calipers are better...

Just did my body fat again at work and it said 236lbs 17% fat. Its the ones with the metal grips on it. I don't know how accurate.... I'm fully clothed with shoes right now which is why I'm now 236. I'm going to start cardio on an empty stomach 6 days a week, 45min a day and continue lifting 5 days a week. On the days I have class ill just wake up earlier. I will redisign the diet completely and notate everything including fats and carbs. Ill post it here for critique.
    ok good idea it sounds like u have a scale that uses bioimpedance to calculate ur bf%.. personally id go with a 7 or 9 site caliper test .. or u can go to a doc office that has a bod pod and pay like 35bucks (which is the most accurate).. bf% is crucial to accurately determine BMR and TDEE and then macro splits...

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Mate, if you can, do 2 things.

1. Post your cycle in the Steroids Q&A section and say it is a cutting cycle (which hopefully it now is)

2. Post a pic of your upper body, at least, here.

19% and 4500cals min is gonna make you fatter. Don't worry mate, we'll help you look good!

Ok still currently building the diet. As I am though I had a couple of questions about certain ingredients. I was told always to mix protein with fat free milk in order to slow down digestion and give the body more opportunity to utilize the protein. Also I was told that right when you finish working out you need to have something sugary like Gatorade in order to replenish your lost sugars.

Also I was told that I need to double the Carb intake of my protein for PWO and that I should split the carbs into simple and complex. Thats why I chose oatmeal and Gatorade.
    Last edited by billgates; 01-16-2012 at 05:38 PM.

tall76 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome Bill- first off u need to choose what u want to do. It makes no sense to "eat big" to put on mass and then start doing tons of cardio. You need to cut or bulk- like i have said b4, If you chase 2 rabbits at the same time they both will get away. In an excess of calories, our body will build lean mass and store fat as well. In a deficit of cals, our body will burn bodyfat and we try to not burn too much lean mass. If you have not been training really consistantly and hard for a few years which It doesn't sound like u have been- it is possible to cut fat and gain strength and size at the same time. It has to do with our neuromuscular system and how efficient yours currently is. With ur BF being high u need to cut it down- do u have any current pics

Here is my revised diet. As you can see I still have room to grow a bit everywhere except fat.

Targets:

2500 calories
    350g protein
    150g carbs
    55g fats

[2500/ 350 /150 /55]
    Cals tein crbs fat

Wake up (7:30)

Gym - Cardio (7:45)

MORNING SHAKE/BREAKFAST - protein/carb (8:30)

[280/52/6/4] protein scoop x2
    [145/6/25/2] oatmeal - 1 cup

BREAKFAST - protein/fat (09:30)

[303/20/3/22] eggs - scrambled x3
    fish oil tab x2

MID SHAKE - protein/fat (12:30)

LUNCH - protein/fat (2:30)

[108/24/0/2] tilapia - 4oz
    [203/31/8/4] cottage cheese - 1 cup
    fish oil tab x2

FILLER PROTEIN SNACK (5:00)

[200/48/0/1] albacore tuna - 1 can (6.5oz)

DINNER/PRE WORKOUT - protein/carb (8:00)

[246/46/0/6] chicken breast
    [160/4/34/1] brown rice - 1 cup
    [31/1/7/0] bell pepper

PWO SHAKE - protein/carb (10:00)

Calories= 2381
    Protein = 342g
    Carbs = 120g
    Fat = 52g

Numbers are alot better need a little work.. Im on phone which makes it harder on me .. Looks like ur having several shakes.. I suggest u change all of them (except PWO) if possible to real food..

Gimme a few and ill turn on laptop ...

Here is my revised diet. As you can see I still have room to grow a bit everywhere except fat.

Targets:

2500 calories
    350g protein
    150g carbs
    55g fats

[2500/ 350 /150 /55]
    Cals tein crbs fat

Wake up (7:30)

Gym - Cardio (7:45) take 10g bcaa before u do ur cardio to preserve LBM

MORNING SHAKE/BREAKFAST - protein/carb (8:30)

[280/52/6/4] protein scoop x2 better would be 1whole egg/5 eggwhites
    [145/6/25/2] oatmeal - 1 cup measure ur oats dry(this would prob be equal to 1/2 cup

[303/20/3/22] eggs - scrambled x3 how bout chicken breast and green veggies
    fish oil tab x2

MID SHAKE - protein/fat (12:30)

[280/52/6/4] protein scoop x2 some kind of lean meat and green veggie here

[203/31/8/4] cottage cheese - 1 cup it may do well to move this to PWO along with ur protein shake and add a veggie here instead
    fish oil tab x2

FILLER PROTEIN SNACK (5:00)

[200/48/0/1] albacore tuna - 1 can (6.5oz) albacore can become toxic because of mercury if eaten too often... try regular light tuna and veggie here

[31/1/7/0] bell pepper

PWO SHAKE - protein/carb (10:00)

[280/52/6/4] protein scoop x2 typically whey before bed is a no-no..curious to opinions on it cuz its ur PWO..adding the cottage cheese before bed would be good because its a slow digesting protein and itd add a mix to ur PWO nutrition

Calories= 2381
    Protein = 342g
    Carbs = 120g
    Fat = 52g

diet looks ALOT BETTER

Yes those numbers are accurate. I did 980mg/wk test on my last cycle so used it again. And I researched 100mg/EOD for the tren .

I can lower the test to .5ml/shot and that will be 700mg/wk and lower the tren to .75ml/shot which will net me new totals of:

700mg/wk test
    262mg/wk tren

Will this still be affective? I'm already semi concerned this stuff is under dosed because its home brew. I don't get night sweats, never had a cough on injection, and my urine hasn't changed colors.

i dont think id want any of those.. if i understand correctly night sweats are a symptom of elevated E2.. cough after injection is cuz u injected into a vein or blood vessel..the urine changing colors thing doesnt sound good either if i were u id start a thread in the AAS Q & A forum.. 700mg test is still a high dose..esp with 19%bf... IMO..

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    diet looks ALOT BETTER
    I wish I could do more than just thank you for your help. Do you have a PayPal where I could send you a few bucks? Lol This really means a lot to me. You have no idea what a relief it is to be talking to someone educated on this matter. Talking to a meat head at the gym about things that could potentially damage my body was my first mistake. Oh well I'm getting more educated on this stuff everyday thanks to people like you.

I will make the suggested edits to the diet and recalculate everything asap. My grandfathers funeral is in the AM so I may not be able to complete it until tomorrow afternoon.

I wish I could do more than just thank you for your help. Do you have a PayPal where I could send you a few bucks? Lol This really means a lot to me. You have no idea what a relief it is to be talking to someone educated on this matter. Talking to a meat head at the gym about things that could potentially damage my body was my first mistake. Oh well I'm getting more educated on this stuff everyday thanks to people like you.

I will make the suggested edits to the diet and recalculate everything asap. My grandfathers funeral is in the AM so I may not be able to complete it until tomorrow afternoon.
    Thx is good enuff once u get it figd out for urself by experience u can pass on the knowledge to others in ur shoes all about helping people .. Cuz weve all been helped and continue to get help

Thx is good enuff once u get it figd out for urself by experience u can pass on the knowledge to others in ur shoes all about helping people .. Cuz weve all been helped and continue to get help
    Ill have the updated diet asap. Just went to the store and bought everything I was missing. They only had whey and I couldnt find bcaas so have to look for those tomorrow.

If your PWO shake truly is your last meal just have 1 scoop whey and add a slower digesting protein. As 405 suggests, move some cottage cheese to this meal or get a protein blend that contains casein too.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    If your PWO shake truly is your last meal just have 1 scoop whey and add a slower digesting protein. As 405 suggests, move some cottage cheese to this meal or get a protein blend that contains casein too.
    Ill probably just move the cottage cheese to this meal rather than casein because the cottage cheese is so easy to get a hold of. Thank you. Will be reflected in the updated diet.

Yes those numbers are accurate. I did 980mg/wk test on my last cycle so used it again. And I researched 100mg/EOD for the tren .

700mg/wk test
    262mg/wk tren

I had no idea what your history was, so I was just asking. So, is this your second cycle, or have you done several? I just want to caution you about taking a gram a week if you aren't at the point where you need that much. Your tren dose didn't seem high, just the test...but that would be completely dependent on your history. If you are worried (and I am not saying you should be) you can always post your history and cycle in the Q&A section and get some feedback from others more knowledgable than I am.

Regarding the sides: I have never had the cough and have never had my urine change colors. I have had night sweats, but not with a low dose like 262mg/wk.

[/B]

i dont think id want any of those.. if i understand correctly night sweats are a symptom of elevated E2.. cough after injection is cuz u injected into a vein or blood vessel..the urine changing colors thing doesnt sound good either if i were u id start a thread in the AAS Q & A forum.. 700mg test is still a high dose..esp with 19%bf... IMO..
    The night sweats and cough are Tren specific things, although some guys get the sweats from Test as well. Even when E2 is under control. I HAVE had the cough that comes from getting gear in the blood, and it is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I had no idea what your history was, so I was just asking. So, is this your second cycle, or have you done several? I just want to caution you about taking a gram a week if you aren't at the point where you need that much. Your tren dose didn't seem high, just the test...but that would be completely dependent on your history. If you are worried (and I am not saying you should be) you can always post your history and cycle in the Q&A section and get some feedback from others more knowledgable than I am.

Regarding the sides: I have never had the cough and have never had my urine change colors. I have had night sweats, but not with a low dose like 262mg/wk.

Third cycle. First was 500mg/wk Test only. Second was 980mg/wk Test only. So this is why I ran this much this time. I can easily adjust my dosage to .6ml which would be 840mg/wk or even .5ml which would be 700mg/wk.

When I ran my last cycle at 980 a week, I did it for 16 weeks. I never had even the slightest shred of a thought of gyno. I just wanted to point that out. I am aware that it can flare up at any time on any cycle without any notice. Just wanted to mention that I am not prone so far.

Make sure you watch for more than just gyno. Keep an eye on your blood pressure and blood levels. The other problem is recovery becomes harder as dose goes up and duration stretches out. That is one reason to grow into your dose and not go higher than needed. Do I sound like your grandmother yet?

Ok here is the updated diet. I am trying to stick to the 6-7 small meals a day with protein/fat or protein/carb model. Also I don't have a simple Carb in my PWO and am wondering if something like Gatorade should be added back in. Thanks for all the help! Critique further if necessary:

Targets:

2500 calories
    350g protein
    150g carbs
    55g fats

[2500/ 350 /150 /55]
    Cals tein crbs fat

WAKE UP (7:30)
    10g BCAA

GYM - Cardio (7:45)

MORNING SHAKE - protein/carb (8:30)

[72/3/12/1] oatmeal - 1/2 cup

[169/21/2/7] eggs - 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg
    [14/2/2/0] spinach - 2 cups
    fish oil tab x2

MID DAY MEAL - protein/fat (12:30)

[231/19/2/16] eggs - x3 boiled
    [18/2/4/0] Mixed green salad - 2 cups
    [14/0/1/0] Italian salad dressin - fat free - 2 tbsp
    [140/26/3/2] protein scoop x1

[36/13/4/2] fresh cooked asparagus - 6 spears
    fish oil tab x2

FILLER MEAL - protein/carb (5:00)

[200/48/0/1] light tuna - 1 can (6.5oz)

[31/1/7/0] bell pepper

[72/3/12/1] oatmeal - 1/2 cup

Totals:

Calories= 2294
    Protein = 325g
    Carbs = 134g
    Fat = 50g

I also made the following changes to my cycle. As you can see I switched the Aromasin to EOD rather than ED and lowered the test down a tad.

Cycle :

1-10 240mg Test400 EOD
    1-8 100mg Tren EOD
    3-14 12.5mg Aromasin EOD
    14-16 6.25mg Aromasin EOD

PCT

12-16
    Clomid 50/25/25/25
    Nolva 40/20/20/20

HCG /HMG (not here yet, still researching dosage) REALLY NEED HELP HERE. I have HMG but don't know how to use it and may switch to HCG because I can't find info on HMG. I already started another post.

Post title updated.

LOOKN pretty good to me there bill only main thing that stands out and it may be negligible is the 3 whole eggs in the 12:30 meal.. looks like ur getting 16g fat mostly from the yolk.. just an idea but what if u hard boiled the egg and only included the white in ur salad and maybe threw some nuts in it instead of the yolks to get ur fat back up there? dont know bout u but i like nuts in my salad... plus thats 21 egg yolks a week.. fair amt of cholesterol... u could really offset that by eliminating the bad cholesterol and adding good fat from a healthy nut

i would suggest NOT adding simple carb into PWO.. u dont wanna spike ur insulin .. i know some think its ok but from what ive read COMPLEX CARBS PWO are the way to go

and good job with ur diet dude! now u just wanna keep an eye on ur bf and LBM in case u need to do some tweaking here and there...

and lastly just my personal opinion but i like ur carbs a little lower than the 150g... curious as to other opinions on whether 135g carbs warrants a refeed day every 2 weeks.. i do one and i eat 100g carbs/day...something to look into..

upon further reflection check ur carbs for the oats ... is the 1/2 cup measurement cooked or dry?? if dry i think its incorrect.. if im not mistaken 1 cup dry oats has about 54g carbs...u want to measure ur oats dry...

I see little point in having your morning shake and breakfast as 2 seperate meals. Combine them with just 1 scoop of protein. Following my morning fasted cardio I get home and have 1 scoop whey iso, oats, 1 whole egg and several egg whites and a small piece of fruit. Approx 40g each of carbs and pro and 10g fat. You can up your protein to 50g if you like.

I'd get 40g carbs in your PWO shake too.

I think you are overdoing the protein at 325g don't be afraid to drop it a little. I wouldn't have an issue with your carbs going up to 160g and pro down to 300g max. Fat is good, max of 50g but as suggested you could drop a yolk or 2!

Recheck your oats macro's as 405 suggests and update accordingly if necessary.

LOOKN pretty good to me there bill only main thing that stands out and it may be negligible is the 3 whole eggs in the 12:30 meal.. looks like ur getting 16g fat mostly from the yolk.. just an idea but what if u hard boiled the egg and only included the white in ur salad and maybe threw some nuts in it instead of the yolks to get ur fat back up there? dont know bout u but i like nuts in my salad... plus thats 21 egg yolks a week.. fair amt of cholesterol... u could really offset that by eliminating the bad cholesterol and adding good fat from a healthy nut

i would suggest NOT adding simple carb into PWO.. u dont wanna spike ur insulin .. i know some think its ok but from what ive read COMPLEX CARBS PWO are the way to go
    and good job with ur diet dude! now u just wanna keep an eye on ur bf and LBM in case u need to do some tweaking here and there...

and lastly just my personal opinion but i like ur carbs a little lower than the 150g... curious as to other opinions on whether 135g carbs warrants a refeed day every 2 weeks.. i do one and i eat 100g carbs/day...something to look into..

upon further reflection check ur carbs for the oats ... is the 1/2 cup measurement cooked or dry?? if dry i think its incorrect.. if im not mistaken 1 cup dry oats has about 54g carbs...u want to measure ur oats dry...

Ok I know you have mentioned it more than one time and I keep forgetting to comment on it. I always use my oats dry and blend them into my shakes.

My calculations were wrong though, you are right! I was getting the numbers from COOKED oatmeal. I will be updating with accurate numbers in just a minute.

Also per your advice I will use just the egg white in my salad and use about a 1/2 cup of chopped almonds or sunflower seeds in the salad as well. Ill add that to the diet and repost in the next 15 minutes with all the numbers recalculated.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    I see little point in having your morning shake and breakfast as 2 seperate meals. Combine them with just 1 scoop of protein. Following my morning fasted cardio I get home and have 1 scoop whey iso, oats, 1 whole egg and several egg whites and a small piece of fruit. Approx 40g each of carbs and pro and 10g fat. You can up your protein to 50g if you like.
    I'd get 40g carbs in your PWO shake too.

I think you are overdoing the protein at 325g don't be afraid to drop it a little. I wouldn't have an issue with your carbs going up to 160g and pro down to 300g max. Fat is good, max of 50g but as suggested you could drop a yolk or 2!

Recheck your oats macro's as 405 suggests and update accordingly if necessary.

I separate the two meals like that because I can't consume that much protein in one sitting and the way my work and school schedule is, I have to do it like that. I want to break up the protein intake as much as possible in the morning. I know its not perfect but it should work.

Reworked. The accurate numbers on the oats really threw my carbs off. Also I can not afford to add in the almonds to the salad anymore because I am getting too high on all my numbers. Here is everything reworked though:

Targets:

2500 calories
    350g protein
    150g carbs
    55g fats

[2500/ 350 /150 /55]
    Cals tein crbs fat

WAKE UP (7:30)
    10g BCAA

GYM - Cardio (7:45)

MORNING SHAKE - protein/carb (8:30)

[303/13/52/5] oatmeal - 1/2 cup

[169/21/2/0] eggs - 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg
    [14/2/2/0] spinach - 2 cups
    fish oil tab x2

MID DAY MEAL - protein/fat (12:30)

[51/11/1/16] egg whites - x3 boiled
    [18/2/4/0] Mixed green salad - 2 cups
    [14/0/1/0] Italian salad dressin - fat free - 2 tbsp

[36/13/4/2] fresh cooked asparagus - 6 spears
    fish oil tab x2

FILLER MEAL - protein/carb (5:00)

[200/48/0/1] light tuna - 1 can (6.5oz)

[31/1/7/0] bell pepper - whole

[303/13/52/5] oatmeal - 1/2 cup

Totals:

Calories= 2576
    Protein = 337g
    Carbs = 213g
    Fat = 51g
    Last edited by billgates; 01-18-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Please delete
    Last edited by billgates; 01-18-2012 at 05:14 PM.

bill i think u went the other way with ur carbs on the oats i think the number ur lookn for is 1/2C oats 26g carbs..

That adjustment should put u around 160g carbs i think and prob reduce cals by about 200...

bill i think u went the other way with ur carbs on the oats i think the number ur lookn for is 1/2C oats 26g carbs..

That adjustment should put u around 160g carbs i think and prob reduce cals by about 200...

Check it out. This is where I got all my numbers:

http://fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/usda/oats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information