jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life

How do you prepare your chicken?

Like many of you I make my meals every 4-5 days and portion them out in tupperware. I typically portion out my meals I take to work, chicken/wg rice & chicken broccoli. My other main sources of protein are tuna and lean beef which I prepare before eating at home.
    For my chicken I usually shred or dice it and mix with 1 cup rice or broc and add some type of flavoring.
    I usually use gravy made from the chicken marinade/broth, free italian dressing, or even salsa on occasion. Franks red hot is my fav but its all sodium.
    So my question is, What prepared meals do you guys make that can hold up for 3-5 days and still taste good?
    I have access to a microwave n fridge at work n can do minimal prepping in my office.

All ideas are appreciated. Eating the same 2 meals everyday at work for the past 6 months is getting real old.
    (I eat approx 6-8x per day)

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    I grill my chicken for a total of 3 days, thats 12 meals for me. Dice it, weight it and divide every night into each topper ware container to eat following day.

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    I use my george foreman. Why i didnt get one sooner.
    Weigh out the raw chicken.
    Then put all sorts of seasoning. My favorite at the minute is garlic and cajun.
    Throw onto the foreman for 10-12 minutes and your g2g

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    I use my george foreman. Why i didnt get one sooner.
    Weigh out the raw chicken.
    Then put all sorts of seasoning. My favorite at the minute is garlic and cajun.
    Throw onto the foreman for 10-12 minutes and your g2g
    Which GF do you have KJ?? I've been wanting to get one just dont want to spend 140 bucks on something i can do on a saute pan you know!! Unless i hear from someone who already has one lol

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    George Foreman 18295 Heritage Grill
    Look it up bro. fits 5-6 breasts. 4 pork chops its great

I will since i want to get one so that way i can walk away for a few minutes and just come back and take the chicken off the grill instead of standing in front of the stove like a body guard to flip chicken when it needs to be flipped lol

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Damn bro.. 140 for a foreman? You can get nice large ones for like 40-50$ at walmart
    Last edited by jasc; 01-17-2012 at 02:29 PM.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    funny jasc i do the same thing as u.. ill take my burger and chicken and put it in the same pan but first i put a touch of evoo in there with some minced garlic and soy sauce and chopped onion and let that sautee for a few then add the meat and season it with stuff pap told me about as well as some more soy sauce(i know it has sodium but screw it LOL maybe not when i get down to like 10%bf)and i let that simmer for a little while then ill add some hot sauce and some water.. in another pan i do similar thing with garlic and onions and broccoli with soy sauce and seasonings..

in the meat pan i cook the water down til it becomes a kind of sauce gravy that very tasty.. and then i tupperware it all up .. when it comes time to eat ill put the chikn or burger in with the broccoli and pour some of the sauce on it and heat it up in microwave.. pretty dang good..

pap with the frying pan if u add some water and put a lid on it and keep it relatively low u can walk away for a few

on the weekend i like to do 2 bone-in breasts on the grill outside and put some jalapeno cheddar wing sauce on it and cook it with the skin.. i usually eat 2 whole breasts for dinner and some baked fries.. all with ketchup! kind of a "healthy cheat"

tall76 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Put a bunch of chicken breasts on a baking sheet- I spice them- I'm into this Caribbean jerk seasoning right now also mrs dash spicy is good. Bake at 350 for about 22 mins. Cut them up with these awesome scissors I got right into tupperwares on the scale so they are all weighed out. Add sweet potato to some, brown rice to some and veggies and I'm good

caribbean jerk sounds good

Thread Information