Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By havehotasianwife

Thread: Dieting 101 : Excel Spreadsheet Download

havehotasianwife is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

Cool Dieting 101 : Excel Spreadsheet Download

hello everyone, I created an excel/openoffice spreadsheet that automatically calculates your macros according to the 40/40/20 rule in dieting 101 sticky. hope everyone likes it and suggestions are always welcome. also, keep in mind that it goes off percentages and if you need more protein, adjust your daily needs accordingly, but for the most part, this is good for newbies looking for dieting help that might have a hard time calculating it their self according to the instructions in the thread!!

http://tinyurl.com/excel-dieting101

*this isnt web-based, so you must either have microsoft office or download openoffice suite(free)* actually now that i think about it, you probably already have excel viewer on your computer.
    SexySweetheart likes this.

jypoll is offline Member
    nice, it looks good. But i have an inquiry, it is set up so that daily carbs and protein are the same on a cutting diet. would you not want more protein than carbs when you try to cut?

Blog Entries
    im def not a professional so this response is just from the knowledge through reading this site and what gbrice75 has told me. its 40/40/20 meaning 40% protein 40% carbs and 20% fats. weight loose is done through a deficit. and bulking is done through a excess over maintenance. some people choose to do a 60/20/20 but i firmly believe that the quality of the food you put into your body and the structure of macros is what shows the best results. its been said that a great physique is built 80% in the kitchen and 20% in the gym.

if i start seeing more requests i will alter it to set protein intake at bodyweight and then skew the percentages from there. its just this is a nice starting point to go along with the sticky thread

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Yeah 40/40/20 is a starting point, from there you can tweak it as it best fits you. Mine is like 30/50/20, it all depends on what works for you, each person is different.

Blog Entries
    i used to think i was carb sensative, but i just came to the conclusion i was just putting shit quality carbs in my system!

maybe in the future, i will add an input field that allows you to choose your own ratio?

Blog Entries
    anyone thats downloaded it,, redownload the link because i had the fats and carbs flipped. its fixed now. download@! lol

Blog Entries
    I am currently working on adding custom ratio options

Blog Entries
    revised* next to height, i added that it needs to be in CM's not inches.

Blog Entries
    Spreadsheet v2.0 available now. it will print off on one page as well as more tablet friendly (still has issues on google docs and blackberry playbook, unsure how it looks on ipads, will check today when i download it on different tablets at bestbuy!) visually its laid out better now and easier to use. enjoy!

Thread Information