chuckfinley is offline Junior Member

teen cutting diet-CKD- keto diet

hey guys im pretty much done with my bulking and its time to cut. last time i cut i felt like i lost alot of muscle mass and so i heard a cyclic ketogenic diet would help me lose the fat and keep most of my muscle gains. im currently 18 y/o 187lbs/5'8/16% and i want to drop done to under 10% body fat. i was wondering if this would be the right diet for me and if this is the right diet, is there a special workout regime to go along with it or can i continue with a 5 day split??? if this is a good diet for me then ill probably post a new thread to help put together a new ckd diet so thanks ahead of time!!!!

jypoll is offline Member
    i just finished 2 months of CKD very successfully, lost about 20-25lbs. This diet may work well for you. I like the CKD because i could work with an 800-1000 kcal deficit and barely be hungry, where as with a low/moderate carb intake diet more than 500kcal deficit makes me super hungry.
    5 day split probably wont work, because you will be out of glycogen by the 3-5th workout after refeed. I did a 3 day split but i had 5 workouts. 3 day split was , squat, bench, dead in that order, as im a pwrlfter, and the other 2 workout were just to practice my technique and for just saying i went to the gym and to burn more cals. if you leave some of your muscles till the 4th or 5th workout they will probably do poorly compared to what your doing on the first three days.

Also ive heard some controversy about protein/fat cals. I tried a high protein 40% of daily intake and a low protein 20% of daily intake. Most people believe that 80/20 fat/protein is preferred but i lost more strength during these weeks.

i heard the first week is hard on you but after you dont feel to sluggish??? do u think my bf% goal is realistic to accomplish by the end of april? also did you finish your workout take a protein shake, then do cardio for like an hour or..... i want to lose this fat soo bad! these skinny ass swimmers told me i couldnt do it at school and that just lit a huge fire under my ass to prove them wrong.

jypoll is offline Member
    i dropped from 25% to about 17-18% i only stopped because i was sick of eating cheese and sausage. I felt stupid the first week because my brain was not functional but i was fine after the first week. you BF goals are realistic but might be a stretch in 3 months. ive been on a moderate carb diet for less than 2 weeks but im so hungry and i think im gonna go back on keto hahaha. I would not take my protein shake until after both lifting and cardio, no point in taking a shake inbetween.

alrite thanks man! im currently reading lyle mcdonalds ultimate diet 2.0 and its a pretty sound diet as i see it so i think ima follow that to the bone. have you tried the UD2 ??

jypoll is offline Member
    i am not familiar with the UD2, i just googled it an it looked like id have to pay money to get it so i didnt look into it

awhh man i can pm u the good stuff. i bought the book and it has some great info. do u think u can help me set mying up?

jypoll is offline Member
    what is mying?

could you help me set up my diet haha im gonna post a new thread in acouple days and id love your input! im confused alittle on the macro totals and im hoping yall can help me out. but thanks so far!

jypoll is offline Member
    yea for sure, ill help you out

Thread Information