fitchick25 is offline Female Member

~Killin' it every day...my crazy training log~

So here we go! I'm really excited to get this log started, it's mainly to keep myself on track but i'd love feedback also. I am 25, 5'5'', 135lbs, ~18%bf. I've been training seriously for almost 3 years, before i was one of those "i guess i'll go hit the elliptical and look pretty for 30 minutes" kind of girl. Now it's all business in the gym! I put my headphones on and i get it done! I LOVE lifting weights, cardio...well i do it because i have to, i learned to love it i guess. The stepmill is my best friend right now (level 20, 1 minute, level 1, 1 minute, repeat 10 times, whoa!), and sometimes i'll do my intervals on the treadmill on an incline. My current split is this:

Monday: am- 40 mins Steady state cardio pm-Back/bis
    Tuesday:am- 40 minutes HIIT cardio pm- chest/tris
    Wed: Hams/glutes
    Thurs: am-60 minutes ss cardio pm-Shoulders!!! (my FAVORITE!)
    Friday: am-45minutes ss cardio pm- Arms/abs
    Sat: Quads/glutes
    Sun: off

Some of my goals right now are to work on my glute/ham tie-in, reduce bf%, work on lower abs, increase strength (altough not my number 1 priority, but i currently can squat 185lbs for 5 and i'm hoping to get at least 10 reps in a month).

My current diet looks like this:
    Meal 1
    Protein pancake (oat fiber, whey protein, egg whites, blueberries, stevia)
    Meal 2
    Broccoli, 1 can of tuna
    Meal 3
    1 cup ff cottage cheese, cucumbers/celery
    Meal 4 (pre-workout)
    Whey protein, 1 small apple
    Meal 5 (post-workout)
    Whey protein, 4 rice cakes
    Meal 6
    Cabbage, 3.5oz grilled chicken, shirataki noodles
    Meal 7
    1 cup ff plain Greek yogurt w/ 1tbsp pb, 1tsp cocoa powder, stevia

cals:1,706 carbs185(35g fiber)protein 211 fat:17

I'll usually have oats for breakfast on leg day. Besides that it pretty much stays the same. I'll also have a higher carb day once a week, usually on friday, it makes me strong for saturday's leg workout.
    Progress pics to come!!

So today was a rest day...i actually hate those. It's really hard for me to not go at least do cardio, but i guess i would probably have been the only loser at the gym on superbowl night haha! Oh well...tons of studying to do anyways. I'll be hitting the stepmill bright and early in the morning! Summer comes early in Florida so i gotta get my ass in gear now!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hey fit welcome to the forum

good idea startn a log.. helps alot and the people in here r cool too.. i startd one last sept and have had great results cuz of it.. know how u feel bout off days.. i live on ga/sc border so can relate to early summer.. shoot its been spring-like more often than not round here...

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    hey fit welcome to the forum

good idea startn a log.. helps alot and the people in here r cool too.. i startd one last sept and have had great results cuz of it.. know how u feel bout off days.. i live on ga/sc border so can relate to early summer.. shoot its been spring-like more often than not round here...
    Thanks 405!
    It's the first time i've actually started one and after just reading a ton of posts without commenting and seeing that there were cool and knowledgeable people on here I decided it would be really helpful and that i should join too.
    Yeah I know all about those hot SC days! And Georgia..god Atlanta that might be the hottest city i've been to in the summer. Guess they don't call it hotlanta for nothing lol

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    You got it going strong already Fitchick!

Will follow your progress. Good luck to you~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by fitchick25 View Post
    Some of my goals right now are to work on my glute/ham tie-in, reduce bf%,
    So you still want to get under 18% after knowing the ramifications of it? just want to make sure since this is now going into another territory. Are you planning to get on stage? If not, really really think about this please and please re-read what PPC wrote in the other thread I sent to you.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Welcome to the board!!

I love your attitude towards training and lifting in particular.... keep it up and you'll go far in this 'biz'. The stepmill is my cardio of choice as well.... it never gets easy, does it!?!?

Your diet looks pretty solid for the most part. There are some changes i'd make personally.... one that jumps right out at me is your total fat intake; i'd bump it asap - you can stand to lower carbs a bit and bump fat to 30g IMO.

I'd also swap your whey shakes with casein at the very least - better bet would be a protein blend - whey/casein/egg, etc. Myofusion is decent, Optimum Pro Complex is great but a bit pricey.

I'd ditch the apple preworkout and go with a good complex carb - oats are my choice. You can move the apple PWO, would be a better place for it IMO. I'd also eat a better complex carb PWO than the cakes, but no big deal really.

I'd like to see your diet revised and to include macros for each meal, along with time of day as well. It'll help to get a real feel for how your diet looks throughout.

Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    So you still want to get under 18% after knowing the ramifications of it? just want to make sure since this is now going into another territory. Are you planning to get on stage? If not, really really think about this please and please re-read what PPC wrote in the other thread I sent to you.
    Well honestly i really think i'm higher than 18 right now, i've gained a little weight over the winter, the last time i got it done was about 5 months ago, so I'll check it again. But the calipers we have at our gym are crap in my opinion, so i'll post pics and y'all can tell me about what percentage you think i'm at. As far as getting on stage, i'm considering it right now. I'd love to but with my heavy course load right now i dont know if i can do both mentally.

Dr. R. is offline New Member
    Pics?! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Welcome to the board!!

I love your attitude towards training and lifting in particular.... keep it up and you'll go far in this 'biz'. The stepmill is my cardio of choice as well.... it never gets easy, does it!?!?

Your diet looks pretty solid for the most part. There are some changes i'd make personally.... one that jumps right out at me is your total fat intake; i'd bump it asap - you can stand to lower carbs a bit and bump fat to 30g IMO.

I'd also swap your whey shakes with casein at the very least - better bet would be a protein blend - whey/casein/egg, etc. Myofusion is decent, Optimum Pro Complex is great but a bit pricey.

I'd ditch the apple preworkout and go with a good complex carb - oats are my choice. You can move the apple PWO, would be a better place for it IMO. I'd also eat a better complex carb PWO than the cakes, but no big deal really.

I'd like to see your diet revised and to include macros for each meal, along with time of day as well. It'll help to get a real feel for how your diet looks throughout.

Good luck!!
    Thanks gbrice! Yeah i get comments all the time about how i look "mad or pissed off" or the worst is when someone tell me i should smile. Who the hell smiles when lifting heavy weight? Haha! I'm totally different when i'm not in my zone. But at the gym i just put my hat on and have my "don't mess with me" face. The stepmill is actually the only cardio machine i can do an hour on without getting bored. I think i like being up high and watching people lol!

Thanks for the recommendations! I agree with you on the fats. I do take fish oil too, i forgot to include it. But i got a few questions, why do you recommend switching to a protein blend? And i thought simple carbs post workout helped with recovery by raising insulin levels to get the nutrients to the muscles? Thanks again for the advice, i'll revise my diet tonight when i get home!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. R. View Post
    Pics?! ^_^
    Please be careful not to make our female members feel awkward... we encourage their membership and would like to see more around here. This isn't a smut forum... just sayin'.

Thanks gbrice! Yeah i get comments all the time about how i look "mad or pissed off" or the worst is when someone tell me i should smile. Who the hell smiles when lifting heavy weight? Haha! I'm totally different when i'm not in my zone. But at the gym i just put my hat on and have my "don't mess with me" face.
    Lmao!! I used to futz around the gym, talking to this one or that one, half-assing my workouts, breaking a sweat one minute, then getting cold again due to no activity for the next 10 minutes... then I got serious and people took notice. They told me I looked like a 'man on a mission'! Made me feel good actually.

The stepmill is actually the only cardio machine i can do an hour on without getting bored.
    Holy shyte!!!! An hour? You're a better .... err... man than me (for lack of a better expression)! What kind of intensity are you doing?

I think i like being up high and watching people lol!
    Same here... I love watching people... mostly the idiots... which my gym is FILLED with.

Thanks for the recommendations! I agree with you on the fats. I do take fish oil too, i forgot to include it.
    Great, don't change that!!

But i got a few questions, why do you recommend switching to a protein blend?
    Whey protein is absorbed really quickly, within about 30 mins, and won't hold up well in terms of a real meal. Casein protein digests a lot slower and IMO is more 'meal-like'. Personally, I prefer blends because I like the varying absorption/assimilation rates and amino profiles. PWO is one exception for a lot of people, and they'll use whey - I still prefer a blend. Why not get the best of all worlds? I don't subscribe to the 'anabolic window' theory.

And i thought simple carbs post workout helped with recovery by raising insulin levels to get the nutrients to the muscles? Thanks again for the advice, i'll revise my diet tonight when i get home!
    Yep, simple carbs will most definitely spike insulin . As for that being beneficial... highly debatable, and really a dying 90's fad tbh. Insulin release is triggered plenty by complex carbs... no point in spiking it... the benefits of more stable blood glucose levels outweighs the alleged benefits of a PWO insulin spike... and in some cases, spiking insulin can do more harm than good.

Furthermore, there are studies that show protein synthesis actually increases several hours PWO. Pretty much debunks the whole PWO anabolic window model. If you wanna see a bit more about it, check out my sticky http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...g#.TzBE_DXwsa8 - although geared towards cutting, it contains info that could be useful to anybody IMO.

Looking forward to seeing your revisions!

Lmao!! I used to futz around the gym, talking to this one or that one, half-assing my workouts, breaking a sweat one minute, then getting cold again due to no activity for the next 10 minutes... then I got serious and people took notice. They told me I looked like a 'man on a mission'! Made me feel good actually.
    Haha and i bet you're getting completely different results now too huh! I know that's what happened to me!

Holy shyte!!!! An hour? You're a better .... err... man than me (for lack of a better expression)! What kind of intensity are you doing?
    Haha yeah i love that thing. If i'm doing steady state i'll usually do level 9. But i love running on it, 1 minutes level 20 then one minute level 1. That will definitely get my heart rate super high very quickly and after 20 minutes i'll feel like passing out. Oh and no holding on either! That's cheating lol!

Same here... I love watching people... mostly the idiots... which my gym is FILLED with.
    Omg we must go to the same gym! Idiots EVERYWHERE. It's entertaining to watch from far away, annoying when they're using MY equipment...

Whey protein is absorbed really quickly, within about 30 mins, and won't hold up well in terms of a real meal. Casein protein digests a lot slower and IMO is more 'meal-like'. Personally, I prefer blends because I like the varying absorption/assimilation rates and amino profiles. PWO is one exception for a lot of people, and they'll use whey - I still prefer a blend. Why not get the best of all worlds? I don't subscribe to the 'anabolic window' theory.
    That's a very good point. I should do that. Although i just ordered 2 5-lb tubs of whey yesterday. So...guess when i'm out i'll be switching.

Yep, simple carbs will most definitely spike insulin . As for that being beneficial... highly debatable, and really a dying 90's fad tbh. Insulin release is triggered plenty by complex carbs... no point in spiking it... the benefits of more stable blood glucose levels outweighs the alleged benefits of a PWO insulin spike... and in some cases, spiking insulin can do more harm than good.

Furthermore, there are studies that show protein synthesis actually increases several hours PWO. Pretty much debunks the whole PWO anabolic window model. If you wanna see a bit more about it, check out my sticky although geared towards cutting, it contains info that could be useful to anybody IMO.
    You know i totally agree actually, I think i like the idea that my beloved rice cakes are doing me good. I think i might train just for my postworkout meal sometimes lmao! But i'm gonna drop them starting now (works out since i dont have any!), i just got home from training and drinking my shake. Then it's a huge bowl of broccoli and some salmon

Looking forward to seeing your revisions!
    I'm gonna do that tonight! And thanks for all your help! That's way more than i was expecting!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. R. View Post
    Pics?! ^_^
    I'll post some! Gotta figure out how haha! I'm new to this whole forum thing...but i definitely want some feedback so i'm gonna take some!

Lunch cardio-
    50 minutes step mill level 9 (505 calories, average hr 156)
    Tonight's chest/tris
    Dips 15, 12, 12
    Incline db presses 25X12 30X8 35X12 35X12 35X10
    High pulley cable flys 30X15 30X12 30X12
    Hammer strength isolateral bench press 1 plate each side 12X 10X 8X
    Pec deck 80X15 90X12 90X12
    One arm tricep cable pressdowns 30X12 30X10 30X10
    Db tricep kickbacks 15X12 15X12 15X12
    Overhead extensions rope attach. 50X15 50X12 50X12
    Bench dips 20
    Abs- TRX pendulum 3 sets 20

I'm still shaking typing this so i guess it was a good one What is up with EVERYONE doing chest on mondays though??

dooie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitchick25
    Lunch cardio-
    50 minutes step mill level 9 (505 calories, average hr 156)
    Tonight's chest/tris
    Dips 15, 12, 12
    Incline db presses 25X12 30X8 35X12 35X12 35X10
    High pulley cable flys 30X15 30X12 30X12
    Hammer strength isolateral bench press 1 plate each side 12X 10X 8X
    Pec deck 80X15 90X12 90X12
    One arm tricep cable pressdowns 30X12 30X10 30X10
    Db tricep kickbacks 15X12 15X12 15X12
    Overhead extensions rope attach. 50X15 50X12 50X12
    Bench dips 20
    Abs- TRX pendulum 3 sets 20

I'm still shaking typing this so i guess it was a good one What is up with EVERYONE doing chest on mondays though??
    Didn't you know..... Monday is international chest day!

Hahaha well that's how it's been at every other gym...for some reason ours seems to be leg day on mondays. But i was there earlier than usual today and i guess that crowd sticks to chest too. It's okay...they knew to get out of my way

Lunch Back/Bis workout
    Lat pulldowns 75X12 90X12 105X10 105X10 105X10
    Hammer strength isolat row 1 plate both arms 2 sets 15, 2 plates, 1 arm at time 3 sets of 10
    Straight arm lat pulldown 60X10 60X10 60X10
    Hammer strength isolat high row 45X10 70X8 70X8
    Bent over barbell rows 95X12 135X8 135X8
    Straight bar curls 45X15 45X12 45X12
    Hammer curls rope attachment 75X12 75X12 75X12
    Preacher curls hammer strength 35X10 35X8 35X7

PM cardio
    60 minutes step mill level 8 (great studying session lol)

Haha and i bet you're getting completely different results now too huh! I know that's what happened to me!
    Yup!! I was stale and basically stayed the same for 2 years... up a few lbs, down a few lbs, but always wound up looking the same in the end. Then when I got serious, I looked totally different after 12 solid weeks.

Haha yeah i love that thing. If i'm doing steady state i'll usually do level 9. But i love running on it, 1 minutes level 20 then one minute level 1. That will definitely get my heart rate super high very quickly and after 20 minutes i'll feel like passing out. Oh and no holding on either! That's cheating lol!
    Same here with level... depending on how I feel that day it's anywhere between 8-10, and it's the only machine I like using the programs on. I've done intervals on it like that too (not level 20 though, sick!!), brutal! No hands???!! Ok, I'll admit I hold on, the entire time... for dear life!

Omg we must go to the same gym! Idiots EVERYWHERE. It's entertaining to watch from far away, annoying when they're using MY equipment...
    Lmao, we must!! And yea, nothing pisses me off more than when some 130lb shitbag is doing curls in MY squat rack lol!

That's a very good point. I should do that. Although i just ordered 2 5-lb tubs of whey yesterday. So...guess when i'm out i'll be switching.
    You can always buy some casein and do 1/2 scoops of each until the straight whey runs out. 10lbs will take a while though!

You know i totally agree actually, I think i like the idea that my beloved rice cakes are doing me good. I think i might train just for my postworkout meal sometimes lmao! But i'm gonna drop them starting now (works out since i dont have any!), i just got home from training and drinking my shake. Then it's a huge bowl of broccoli and some salmon
    Don't get me wrong, the rice cakes are probably fine. We were talking about simple sugars i.e. fruits and such - you can keep the fruit, just add complex carbs to the meal - rice cakes will do.

I'm gonna do that tonight! And thanks for all your help! That's way more than i was expecting!
    You're welcome!

I'll post some! Gotta figure out how haha! I'm new to this whole forum thing...but i definitely want some feedback so i'm gonna take some!
    Use the 'go advanced' button, then there's an 'attach' button within that editor. Let me know if you can't figure it out.

What is up with EVERYONE doing chest on mondays though??
    My theory: most people dread going to the gym, and just like going to work, it's worst on Monday's. Since chest is considered by most to be a favorite body part to train, it makes sense that it'd happen on Monday. When I used to train single bodypart split style, I always did chest on Monday's too, and I love the gym!

It's okay...they knew to get out of my way
    Grrrr!!!

A couple pics...

Omg so finally here's 2 pics i got to attach. I dont know why some will upload and some wont...still trying to figure this out. But my abs are something i really wanna work on, so here's my starting day pic. And i'm kind of excited that i'm finally starting to see a little muscle in my legs! Woohoo! I'll try to put up some old pics from before i started, i went from flabby, to skinny to this. So definitely some improvement. Now that i've built some muscle, i like it but there's a layer of fat that i wanna get rid of...and my pants don't fit anymore lol!

~Killin' it every day...my crazy training log~-image-2.jpg~Killin' it every day...my crazy training log~-image-1.jpg

I'm liking that vein showing in your right bicep! Nice job and keep it up.

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Omg so finally here's 2 pics i got to attach. I dont know why some will upload and some wont...still trying to figure this out. But my abs are something i really wanna work on, so here's my starting day pic. And i'm kind of excited that i'm finally starting to see a little muscle in my legs! Woohoo! I'll try to put up some old pics from before i started, i went from flabby, to skinny to this. So definitely some improvement. Now that i've built some muscle, i like it but there's a layer of fat that i wanna get rid of...and my pants don't fit anymore lol!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 2.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	120120Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 1.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	313.7 KB 
ID:	120121

Wow girl, you look amazing!! Keep it up!! I'd love for my legs to look like yours...

Blog Entries
    looking realy good girl, nice work.....

Yup!! I was stale and basically stayed the same for 2 years... up a few lbs, down a few lbs, but always wound up looking the same in the end. Then when I got serious, I looked totally different after 12 solid weeks.
    That's awesome! Yeah i decided i didn't wanna be one of those ppl who were in the gym every day (sometimes twice a day!) and never looked any different! That has to be so frustrating, what a waste of time too lol!

Same here with level... depending on how I feel that day it's anywhere between 8-10, and it's the only machine I like using the programs on. I've done intervals on it like that too (not level 20 though, sick!!), brutal! No hands???!! Ok, I'll admit I hold on, the entire time... for dear life!
    You should try it! You actually have to run on it. There's no way i could just "walk up" that fast. And use your arms to give you momentum. At first i held on, then one hand, then no hands. I love it!

Lmao, we must!! And yea, nothing pisses me off more than when some 130lb shitbag is doing curls in MY squat rack lol!
    Hahaha that was me last night! Although they were doing pullups...there's like 20 other places to do those! I can't squat anywhere else damnit! They moved...

You can always buy some casein and do 1/2 scoops of each until the straight whey runs out. 10lbs will take a while though!
    Yeah i buy it online and usually get 2 tubs at a time. But honestly i use it a lot so it doesn't last me THAT long. I eat it dry too...haha i know that's weird but i love it.

Don't get me wrong, the rice cakes are probably fine. We were talking about simple sugars i.e. fruits and such - you can keep the fruit, just add complex carbs to the meal - rice cakes will do.
    Oh ok! I do wish i could do oats since it's probably my favorite thing to eat but that's kinda hard without a microwave...thinking sweet potatoes maybe.

Use the 'go advanced' button, then there's an 'attach' button within that editor. Let me know if you can't figure it out.
    I kinda figured it out. But maybe bc my pics are too big it gives me a failed upload message? I'll try re-sizing them.
    My theory: most people dread going to the gym, and just like going to work, it's worst on Monday's. Since chest is considered by most to be a favorite body part to train, it makes sense that it'd happen on Monday. When I used to train single bodypart split style, I always did chest on Monday's too, and I love the gym!
    It's actually my least favorite...probably cause i'm a girl and getting huge pecs isn't really my main goal lol! So what kind of split do you do now?

[/QUOTE]Grrrr!!![/QUOTE]
    You know it! hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    Wow girl, you look amazing!! Keep it up!! I'd love for my legs to look like yours...
    Thanks BG!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    I'm liking that vein showing in your right bicep! Nice job and keep it up.
    Thanks sgt! That's actually the only one that ever pops out! Looks kinda freaky when i train arms...but i like it lol

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    nice job! impressive!

So school totally got in the way of posting these past few days...gotta get my priorities in line lol

Wed was Quads and Glutes day!
    Leg extensions
    75X20 90X15 100X15 100X15
    Free squats
    95X20 115X15 135X8 185X8 185X8
    Walking lunges 50lb barbell
    3 sets of 20
    40 degree Leg Press
    395X15 485X12 575X8 575X8
    Hack Squats
    180X15 180X15 180X15
    Standing Calf Raises
    185X20 185X15 185X15
    Seated calf raises
    90X12 90X12 90X12

Thursday SHOULDERS!
    Seated db presses
    25X15 30X10 35X12 35X12 35X12
    seated smith machine presses behind the neck
    40X15 40X12 40X12
    standing db lat raises drop set (3 times)
    20lbsX12 15X12 10X12
    rear delt on pec/dec(60lbs) superset 25lb plate front raises
    Standing lat raises machine
    45X12 45X12 45X12
    Bent over rear delt raises
    15X15 15X15 15X12
    Shoulder press machine facing the seat
    50X12 50X12 50X12

Friday ARMS!
    Bicep curls straight bar
    45X20 45X16 45 X15 45X15
    Tricep pulldowns, cable rope attachment
    60X15 60X15 60X15 60X15
    Preacher curls
    60X15 60X12 60X12
    Skull Crushers (50lb) superset with tricep kickbacks(15lbs) 3 sets
    Tricep extension machine
    45X12 45X12 45X12
    hammer curls
    30X10 30X10 30X10

Oh and there were about 3 lunch cardio sessions. All steade state, 1 hour on stepmill. I'm trying to mutlitask and get some of my studying done during that time. I also decided to wait to use my clen /t3 i got. I used it once and i know you're supposed to taper up and down but i guess one day won't require tapering down right? I'm gonna see how lean i can get with some more cardio and stricter diet. Then i'll think about using those. I'd rather stick to caffeine and tyrosine for extra energy for now. Here's a pic from this morning...hope everyone is having a great weekend!! Im learning so much since i joined on here...i'm loving it
    ~Killin' it every day...my crazy training log~-image.jpg

Bump for updates... you're doing great, keep it up!

Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Wish we had more girls as dedicated as you and the other girls on this forum ! My gym is full of girls who thinks the gym is a social tea party or only do cardio. Great progress so far, subscribed !

dooie is offline Senior Member
    Bump! For the OP
    You look fantastic!

Thread Information