Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Quote Originally Posted by NOSUPERMODEL View Post
    Not a good weigh in today. Weighed in at 245.5lbs. Thats plus .3 ounces from last week. I knew in the back of my mind it would not be good. I missed my cardio Monday and Tuesday during the week. Then I did not get to do my fasted cardio/workout this Saturday. Last night I ate on of my deer burgers and realized there was too much sodium in it, so I tried to flush it all out last night. Ended up drinking 100 oz. of water from 7:00-11:00 at night.

Just gotta get back on the horse and keep going, but I am not happy today. At all.
    So you know exactly why the weight didn't come down.
    1. you skipped 3 cardio sessions
    2. you ate high sodium meal the night before weigh in which retains water.
    So just get back on the horse get your cardio in and stay away from high sodium foods and I bet next weeks weigh in you will see results. Dude I know exactly how you feel but the only way to overcome is to do what you know works.

NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    so u missed 3 cardio sessions last week?
    Yeah, well you could say two really. Missed my Saturday fasted one because we had to meet a lady about our new puppy we are getting. I missed Tuesday because I was running late for the gym and I worked back and that took me a little longer than accepted. Monday....well the wife called and she asked if I wanted to do cardio at home. *wink* *wink* Hard to pass up cardio at home when the wife wants to. LOL!!!

I know its excuses, but I am right back on track, hit cardio last night. Treadmill--Jogged 18 minutes, walked 12 minutes total. Includes warm up and cool down(7 minutes)

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    DEf NEVER PASS UP THAT KINDA CARDIO!!!

I was down a little but this morning. 244.6lbs. But I am sticking with an official gain for the week. It is what it is. Hitting it hard this week.

Go to it bro. you'll see next week you will be down again.

Got the BF measured today. Read 13.8, so add 2 and that puts me at 15.8%. That means I am down .4% from two weeks ago. Will try and put some pics up tomorrow.

Natedawg92 is offline New Member
    awesome stuff

Here are some comparison pics. Taken March 1st(252.7) and then April 4(245.5)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inspiration from 405-march-1-front.jpg   Inspiration from 405-april-4-front.jpg   Inspiration from 405-march-1-side.jpg   Inspiration from 405-april-4-side.jpg  

A few more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inspiration from 405-march-1-back.jpg   Inspiration from 405-april-4-back.jpg   Inspiration from 405-march-1-flex.jpg   Inspiration from 405-april-4-flex.jpg  

Give me your honest opinion guys. Honesty can be tough to hear sometimes but its the best in the long run. I know I still have a lot of work to do.

Dude you are big. If you stay on course and lose so more fat you will be looking good. Already see improvement, especially around your midsection.

ill second that def see improvement.. good job all u have to do is keep doing what ur doing and be patient..

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Honestly, you are way over 16% sorry. You may need to recalc your cals because I would have you maybe mid 20's.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thats what I was worried about Stem. I really want to go do the Bod Pod testing or the water testing to get an accurate BF%. Just trying to scrape up some funds and get it done. So if I redo my calories, lets just say I base it off of 20%. You think that would help?

Run your new figures off your current weight, maybe at 22%. It could well be the reason why your weight loss isn't as it should be.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Run your new figures off your current weight, maybe at 22%. It could well be the reason why your weight loss isn't as it should be.
    Sounds good.

Honestly, you are way over 16% sorry. You may need to recalc your cals because I would have you maybe mid 20's.
    was gonna say the same thing but didnt want to be negative i forgot about calculating tdee off LBM.. re-doing it will bring ur cals per day down.. cuz ur LBM is gonna drop..

id also suggest finding another way to monitor ur bf cuz how ur doing it now is not accurate at all...

Going to revise the diet based on 22% BF. Hopefully you guys are right and the weight starts dropping again.

starting wt:245.5lbs at 22%bf
    245.5 x .22 =54 (lbs fat)
    245.5 - 54 = 191.5 (lbs LBM)
    191.5 x .4536 = 86.86 (kg LBM)

BMR = (21.6 x kg LBM) + 370

BMR = (21.6 x 86.86) + 370 = 2246.17cals

TDEE = 2246.17 x 1.55(5day per week multiplier) = 3481.56cals

BMR = 2246.17cals

TDEE = 3481.56cals

I figured a 1,000 calories below my TDEE since he went 950.

2400cals
    385 protein =1540calories
    125g carbs=500 calories
    40g fat=360 calories

Total=2400 calories
    Last edited by NOSUPERMODEL; 04-05-2012 at 08:02 AM.

I typically stay under on my original fat I figured, so that drop should not be that hard to do. Need to drop my carbs down another 25 grams and my protein stays about where it was from the original base diet.

I will start all of this today, as I have only had one meal this morning. So hopefully I can see a nice weight loss next Tuesday.

Does that mean you are going to drop only 100 cals per day?

I think 2400 cals is about ok for you but your fat intake is important too you should be aiming to hit each macro.

Can you list new macro's for each meal (not the actual meals themselves)?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I think my formulas are right Stem. You might want to check my math. 2400 calories is 1000 less that my TDEE. As soon as my computer gets through being worked on I will post my diet and macros.

was gonna say the same thing but didnt want to be negative i forgot about calculating tdee off LBM.. re-doing it will bring ur cals per day down.. cuz ur LBM is gonna drop..
    No worry about the negativity. It is what is. I told y'all to be honest. Sometimes the truth hurts but in the long run it will only help me. Just wish I would have posted pics sooner and I could have figured the new macros out sooner.

360g pro
    120g carbs
    53g fat

would be good.. carbs will be at 20% total cals which will help in fat mobilization.. fats will be at 20%.. protein at 60% 60/20/20

i ran 59%pro/18%carb/23%fat

were all difft but i think itd be good.. as u can see bf% doesnt affect total cals as much as ud think what were u runnning before? 2500cals?

360g pro
    120g carbs
    53g fat

would be good.. carbs will be at 20% total cals which will help in fat mobilization.. fats will be at 20%.. protein at 60% 60/20/20

i ran 59%pro/18%carb/23%fat

were all difft but i think itd be good.. as u can see bf% doesnt affect total cals as much as ud think what were u runnning before? 2500cals?
    My original calculations from the 1st page here was 2700 calories.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSUPERMODEL

My original calculations from the 1st page here was 2700 calories.
    But you said you weren't hitting fat macro's; by how much?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Here is the revamped diet based on 2400 calories.

8:00 AM---610 Calories-79P, 29C, 15.2F
    2 Eggs
    2 Egg whites
    1/2 C Brown Rice
    1 Slice of reduced fat cheese
    2 servings Whey

10:30---315 Calories-50.5P, 20C, 3.7F
    8 oz. Chicken
    1/2 cup Brown Rice

1:00---260 Calories-51P, 11C, 3F
    8 oz. Chicken
    1 cup Green Beans
    1 serving Steamers Brocoli & Cheese

3:30---470 Calories-77P, 30C, 6F---This is an hour and half before my workout
    2 servings of Whey
    8 oz. Chicken
    1/2 cup Oats

6:30---315 Calories-50.5P, 13.5C, 3.5F---Post workout Shake
    2 servings Whey
    1/4 cup Oats

8:00---220 Calories-49P, 4C, 2 F
    8 oz. Chicken
    1/2 Cup Green Beans

10:00 or 10:30---240 Calories-48P, 8C, 2F
    2 servings of Casein

Totals
    Calories---2430
    Protein----405g---67%
    Carbs-----121.5g---20%
    Fats------35.4g---13%

Okay guys go ahead and rip it apart. I know I need to lose the cheese at 8:00 AM, but I mix the eggs and rice together and then melt the cheese over it. I also know I need to lose the Stemers Brocoli & Cheese @ 1:00 PM, but you know I am never going to compete so eating perfectly clean or organic is not the biggest deal in the world to me.

If you have any suggestions I am open to change. I made changes to my original diet from suggestions from you guys so I can make some compromises.

Quote Originally Posted by nosupermodel View Post
    here is the revamped diet based on 2400 calories.

8:00 am---610 calories-79p, 29c, 15.2f
    2 eggs id do one egg and the rest whites
    2 egg whites
    1/2 c brown rice
    1 slice of reduced fat cheese cmon man
    2 servings whey dont see the point.. Why not have more eggwhites? Dont u like to eat?

10:30---315 calories-50.5p, 20c, 3.7f
    8 oz. Chicken
    1/2 cup brown rice

1:00---260 calories-51p, 11c, 3f
    8 oz. Chicken
    1 cup green beans
    1 serving steamers brocoli & cheese yes id lose this..

3:30---470 calories-77p, 30c, 6f---this is an hour and half before my workout
    2 servings of whey
    8 oz. Chicken
    1/2 cup oats

6:30---315 calories-50.5p, 13.5c, 3.5f---post workout shake
    2 servings whey
    1/4 cup oats

8:00---220 calories-49p, 4c, 2 f
    8 oz. Chicken
    1/2 cup green beans

10:00 or 10:30---240 calories-48p, 8c, 2f
    2 servings of casein u could have cottage cheese (or do u not like it?) im an eater..

totals
    calories---2430
    protein----405g---67% id reduce to 60% and increase fat to 20%
    carbs-----121.5g---20%
    fats------35.4g---13%

okay guys go ahead and rip it apart. i know i need to lose the cheese at 8:00 am, but i mix the eggs and rice together and then melt the cheese over it. i also know i need to lose the stemers brocoli & cheese @ 1:00 pm, but you know i am never going to compete so eating perfectly clean or organic is not the biggest deal in the world to me.

If you have any suggestions i am open to change. I made changes to my original diet from suggestions from you guys so i can make some compromises.
    the wrong frame of mind imo... Id take my own advice and not justify for taste at this point.. U can do that later.. Itll only slow u down...

I understand 405. Yes I am in the wrong frame of mind. To think you are a certain BF% and doing well and then find out your nowhere near that. Its got me a little down right now to be honest. But I do know I will never compete....NO WAY your getting me in a thong on stage in front of people. LOL!!! But I understand what you are saying.

As far as the shake in the morning...I CAN"T eat that many eggs to make up the protein difference. Just not happening. Do not like the cottage cheese either. And to be honest. Eating this much food this many times a day is really hard for me. Sometimes I basically force feed myself. I am not one of those people who get hungry. I would be fine eating just lunch and dinner. Just the way I am. But I also know that eating that way is not going to help my metabolism. Therefore I eat multiple times a day.

^^ one thing to remember.. The way u look in the mirror is the same now as it was yesterday.. It doesnt matter wat the calipers say.. Theyre a tool to help u get where u wanna be.. Thats all.. When it really comes down to it its how u look that matters.. The progress uve made with that hasnt changed just becUse ur bf% was incorrect..

Would u have quit dieting if ur bf% came back this week at 8% and u still looked how u do rite now? No.. Its just a number.. Dont let it get u down.. Ur making good progress.. Keep going..

Im not getting on a stage either! But im not gonna use that as a reason to compromise my diet.. Ur ur own worst critic when it comes to appearance.. Im not leaning out to please my wife.. She was fine with me at 22%.. im doing it for myself and id bet its the same for u.. Be patient.. Itll happen.. Im proof of that

Quick breakfast suggestion. Pasteurised egg whites in a shake with your whey and some powdered oats. Wash down your fish oil pills with it! That's my breakfast 4 days out of 7!

Also I would split your 120g carbs equally between breakfast and pre and post workout.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

^^ one thing to remember.. The way u look in the mirror is the same now as it was yesterday.. It doesnt matter wat the calipers say.. Theyre a tool to help u get where u wanna be.. Thats all.. When it really comes down to it its how u look that matters.. The progress uve made with that hasnt changed just becUse ur bf% was incorrect..

Would u have quit dieting if ur bf% came back this week at 8% and u still looked how u do rite now? No.. Its just a number.. Dont let it get u down.. Ur making good progress.. Keep going..

Im not getting on a stage either! But im not gonna use that as a reason to compromise my diet.. Ur ur own worst critic when it comes to appearance.. Im not leaning out to please my wife.. She was fine with me at 22%.. im doing it for myself and id bet its the same for u.. Be patient.. Itll happen.. Im proof of that
    I am going to keep going, it was just like being sucker punched in the gut. I know its all how I look in the mirror. And yes you are right, I am doing it for myself, not for anybody else. I will keep going and try to shake this funk I am in right now.

Quick breakfast suggestion. Pasteurised egg whites in a shake with your whey and some powdered oats. Wash down your fish oil pills with it! That's my breakfast 4 days out of 7!

Also I would split your 120g carbs equally between breakfast and pre and post workout.
    Are you telling me to not get any other carb sources other than those three times? Does that mean not veggies either? Or are you just counting the rice and oats as carbs? You can see that I have veggies at my 10:30 and 8:00 eating times.

I know you did a great job helping 405, so I am listening and trying to understand the best I can.

I like the idea of the pasteurized egg whites. Do you have a website I can get those from or a store you recommend?

Complex carbs at those 3 time yes. Fibrous veggies at those and other times is fine.

Can't help on the egg whites dude I'm over the pond!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I will search them and see if I can find them on the internet.

Most grocery stores have liquid egg whites next to the eggs or wherever they keep the egg beaters.

phoenix44 is offline Associate Member
    The brand I buy is called "all whites". Like $4.50 for 20 egg whites

Thanks guys. I will check them out. Any certain flavor of whey work best?

Am i the only one that likes to eat round here??

I like to eat, but sometimes I have to force feed myself sometimes because I am just not hungry.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information